Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid. I love the Battlefield series, and it seriously pains me to see this garbage. I hated everything about it. The goddamn snipers have a fucking bat signal!!!!!!!!!!

A bat signal? What?

ha ha ha ha I love it I see the sniper before he sees me and i blast him with my M249

Does he have something over him that identifies him as a sniper?

Sniper scopes have horrible amounts of glint from the sun, showing you where they are.

Both of you, tributing to the understatements of the year.

It's a goddamn bat signal.

My sunglasses have a "glint", I'm practically blind from this atrocity.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid. I love the Battlefield series, and it seriously pains me to see this garbage. I hated everything about it. The goddamn snipers have a fucking bat signal!!!!!!!!!!

A bat signal? What?

ha ha ha ha I love it I see the sniper before he sees me and i blast him with my M249

Does he have something over him that identifies him as a sniper?

Sniper scopes have horrible amounts of glint from the sun, showing you where they are.

Both of you, tributing to the understatements of the year.

It's a goddamn bat signal.

My sunglasses have a "glint", I'm practically blind from this atrocity.

lmao
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you want to play Caspian border, the password is:

shoppingcartsareagoodride

Not joking.

tried it earlier and it wasn't working but I found the Chrome workaround
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
For those playing (on Xbox) and not sure of all the buttons:

UP on the Dpad toggles the lasers/flashlights on and off.
DOWN on the Dpad is your fire selector (not all the guns have this option).
To deploy the bipod, either go prone or be near an object and look down your sights.

Those are just a few that I picked up on after an hour of not thinking about it. I must say, the game was a lot more fun once I found I could shoot in semi-auto and place the shots. It also saved me from mag dumping into everyone. Just keep hacking away. I found it more fun after getting optics for all the weapons.

I highly suggest using the Mk11 with iron sights, though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
For those playing on pc try looking for

DannGl0ver

That's with a ZERO

I wish i could play the non metro map :(
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For those playing on pc try looking for

DannGl0ver

That's with a ZERO

I wish i could play the non metro map :(

Use Google Chrome as your default browser
Start BF battlelog server browser

Hit SHIFT+CRTL+J

copy and paste the following:
launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }

press enter

select server – don’t enter a password – i.e. leave password field blank -

go play! without the need for any password

yo welcome
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no workie, which server?
Quoted:
If you want to play Caspian border, the password is:

shoppingcartsareagoodride

Not joking.

It worked for me and plenty of others...in fact I know it's still good because I'm trying to get into one now after having just played Caspian for a while. Problem is that they are always full. Any server that says Caspian Border. There was one single server that it said "incorrect password" on. That might have been THE developers server. It works for all the others. This is on PC by the way, perhaps that is the issue with some of yous.

If you input an incorrect password, it specifically tells you "incorrect password".
Yup, update time...servers are down. There may be a new password required when it comes back. Google is your friend. I'll repost here when I get it. For PC, not sure if consoles have Caspian or not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems like the whole thing is down due to an update

Please tell me its not just me
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]
graphics looks like ASS, at least on Xbox. Modern Warfare's graphics are better than the beta.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

graphics looks like ASS, at least on Xbox. Modern Warfare's graphics are better than the beta.

Played in my xbox while it loaded on my PC its WAY better on pc

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone use vent on here?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Anyone use vent on here?

For small groups (2-8) Skype is better in every imaginable way.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF I have XP, it said Vista or 7

Newer versions of Direct X aren't availible on XP.

so i pre-ordered BF3 for my XP, I assume I need to cancel it since it won't work?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#15]
it only works for like 10 mins then locks up
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]
The PC port of this game is horribly done.  My peeves:

- you can't bind any actions to your mouse (WTF!?)
- You can't change keyboard, video, audio settings unless you join a game and actually SPAWN into play - then you have to do it quickly before you get booted for "inactivity" and lose all the settings you just tried to make. ARGH!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

so i pre-ordered BF3 for my XP, I assume I need to cancel it since it won't work?  

Correct.

Minimum requirements are Vista 32 bit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

Or you could spend 80 bucks for an upgrade
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

Isn't Vista more of a CPU whore?

If so... that is going to be more than $80.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

windows 7 mang
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

windows 7 mang

I am two generations behind what is current?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

windows 7 mang

You will be 3 generations out of date with windows 8 coming out soon. Though windows 7 is current.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

windows 7 mang

You will be 3 generations out of date with windows 8 coming out soon. Though windows 7 is current.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#25]
If you are playing games, and especially wanting to play betas of brand new games or buying new releases, I would hope you have a pretty strong hardware setup. And if you have hardware that powerful, why still run XP? Yeah, it's a bit cleaner I suppose, in some ways. I wasn't a fan of Vista at all. But Win7 kicks ass. Only huge headache for me is that I don't want to set the security settings lower, but it won't let you get rid of the "this program is going to edit shit" dialog on specific apps. Which is really annoying when you have something that does that in your startup items.

Unless you have old software/hardware you run that will break past XP, just upgrade dude! And if something IS going to break, it's obviously time for a second computer

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll start the download tonight. I assume its on the EA site?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Just placed an order with Dell for a new machine. Thought my dual core would last a few more years for gaming, but BF3 takes some horse power!
Hopefully BF3 wont disappoint when its released.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Will it work on Windows NT?

NO!  i just found out it wont even work on my XP 64 Bit OS.  I'd have to upgrade and I fuckin HATE Win7...  

Make sure you have a video card that does DX10 as a minimum also...not just your O/S.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#30]
FTS...DOOM has better
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't think I have the hardware to run it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lmao

well duh the graphics look horrible, Xbox sucks dick and is 5 year old technology.  

they look fucking awesome on PC
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

- You can't change keyboard, video, audio settings unless you join a game and actually SPAWN into play - then you have to do it quickly before you get booted for "inactivity" and lose all the settings you just tried to make. ARGH!

biggest pet peeve so far is not being able to invert helo controls.....i fucking HATE having to push mouse forward to nose down...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#34]
The xbox version is meh.  I played for an hour and a half this morning, was positive K/D on every match, and only ranked up once, no new guns or optics yet.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's annoying.  Also, the equipment menus suck and I can't figure out how to pull up a full size map.

I still prefer the COD games.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#35]
The disconnect issues should be fixed tonight with a new patch being released. Got tired of gaining back the same unlock after each crash since it doesn't save stats.

:Saving the rest of this spot for my review tonight:
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#36]
UMP is crazy over powered 2-3 shots and your down. Anyone that was lucky enough to get into Caspian are the flight controls the same as bad company 2?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
UMP is crazy over powered 2-3 shots and your down. Anyone that was lucky enough to get into Caspian are the flight controls the same as bad company 2?

There are a lot of folks asking for them to drop the current ones and go back to the BFBC2 ones, so I think they are different.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

PC is the lead platform. Us console peasants have the ports. Apparently this is all already addressed in the retail build.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No shit the UMP is crazy over powered......I can put 10 bullets into a guy using an AK and he shoots me 3-5x with a UMP and I die.  What the fuck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit the UMP is crazy over powered......I can put 10 bullets into a guy using an AK and he shoots me 3-5x with a UMP and I die.  What the fuck.

I haven't unlocked it yet, but my buddy reports similar effects. The shotgun is WAY satisfying though. Can't wait for the FRAG rounds for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't unlocked it yet, but my buddy reports similar effects. The shotgun is WAY satisfying though. Can't wait for the FRAG rounds for it.

Well since this is a beta I'd rather EA sort out the problems now rather than when the game ships.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#42]
motherfuck

they've taken down the Caspian servers for right now
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

NO! i just found out it wont even work on my XP 64 Bit OS. I'd have to upgrade and I fuckin HATE Win7...

Make sure you have a video card that does DX10 as a minimum also...not just your O/S.

My hardware is just fine - I play Arma 2 all the time, and also have DX10, but my OS is old-school because you couldn't pay me to run Vista, and I'm not a big fan of Win7 either...

How the fuck do you love XP but hate W7?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#46]
You should be able to LEAN left and right!  Why didn't they include that!?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You should be able to LEAN left and right! Why didn't they include that!?

If you wanted realism instead of tweenie-bopper run & gun, you should get into Armed Assault / Arma2, and the soon to come out Arma3...

Far better realism, and like reality - far more of an exercise in patience and proper use of tactics (or you die fast with slow respawn / revive times).

I've played the free version of ArmA 2.  Maybe I'll pick up ArmA 3 when it comes out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

NO! i just found out it wont even work on my XP 64 Bit OS. I'd have to upgrade and I fuckin HATE Win7...

My hardware is just fine - I play Arma 2 all the time, and also have DX10, but my OS is old-school because you couldn't pay me to run Vista, and I'm not a big fan of Win7 either...

How the fuck do you love XP but hate W7?

When W7 first released it was a fuckfest of problems for my office, and full of bugs.  Why would I install that shit on my system?

I like being able to fix my own OS Problems myself...  Lots of lost controlability with W7, and didn't plan on buying a new OS until W8 comes out.

And now that it's been out for a while and there aren't any problems?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top