Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of you Redskins fans know or want to take a guess what the QB plan for 2018 is?

With Cousins most likely gone the only current QB's on the roster are Colt McCoy (who has one year left after this one) and Nate Sudfeld (2016 6th round pick).  The Skins' 2017 win total is 7.5 so they'll most likely not have a really high draft pick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of you Redskins fans know or want to take a guess what the QB plan for 2018 is?

With Cousins most likely gone the only current QB's on the roster are Colt McCoy (who has one year left after this one) and Nate Sudfeld (2016 6th round pick).  The Skins' 2017 win total is 7.5 so they'll most likely not have a really high draft pick.
View Quote
Sounds like a great time to trade away your future for another number 2 pick! Make sure to draft another QB late. 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Team president Bruce Allen said in a statement that Cousins was "obviously important to our team and fans" and detailed the team's offer made to the quarterback. He also talked about the decision in a video posted on the team's website but referred to Cousins on five occasions as "Kurt" instead of Kirk.
View Quote
link

I get the casual fan getting that mixed up, but the team president?  And he did it 5 times?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Best part is all of the liberal sportswriters and their outrage.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
FUCK DAN SNYDER AND BRUCE ALLEN
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#7]
But kudos to Cousins for gaming the system.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He doesn't need to go anywhere.  But I think, if the market stays the same, it's a safe bet the Browns will make him the best offer.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were reports that Cousins was nearing a deal for $27M a season with one team and then the Browns came in and offered him $30M or more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on how things look right now it's hard to imagine the Browns not offering Cousins the best deal.  Now whether or not he'd actually want to play in the misery factory is another matter.  It's not like Cousins needs the money.  A rarity for a young player that's never signed a big long term deal.
Cousins doesn't need to go to the Browns. Every team in the country that didn't make the playoffs needs a better quarterback.
He doesn't need to go anywhere.  But I think, if the market stays the same, it's a safe bet the Browns will make him the best offer.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were reports that Cousins was nearing a deal for $27M a season with one team and then the Browns came in and offered him $30M or more.
Yet they let TP walk, who can make a passing game servicable nearly on his own
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is simply incredible how poorly the Redskins have handled this station.

Redskins fans can say "well, that's to be expected," but I think this goes beyond that.  I mean it's kind of like inviting your rough around the edges friend to a big family dinner.  You might expect him to drink a little too much and make an off color joke, but this is the equivalent of him jumping up on the table, pulling down his pants, and then taking a big dump in front of everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No new deal for Cousins or Bell
Rapoport is saying the Redskins wanted to lock Cousins in for 5 more years, but were only willing to guarantee a single additional year (29M in new guaranteed money). I wouldn't take that deal either.

Edit: In perspective, the deal they offered was his full franchise tag this year he is already set to receive, and then only $29M additionally guaranteed money for 5 more years. He will easily, EASILY, make far more than $30M guaranteed in a new contract next off season.

The Redskins put out a pretty nasty press release trying to paint Cousins like he is greedy and that they are the victims. Fuck the Redskins.

Redskins fans can say "well, that's to be expected," but I think this goes beyond that.  I mean it's kind of like inviting your rough around the edges friend to a big family dinner.  You might expect him to drink a little too much and make an off color joke, but this is the equivalent of him jumping up on the table, pulling down his pants, and then taking a big dump in front of everyone.
Wouldnt that be more guaranteed money than Carr got?

I mean... yeah
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I mean... yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No new deal for Cousins or Bell
Rapoport is saying the Redskins wanted to lock Cousins in for 5 more years, but were only willing to guarantee a single additional year (29M in new guaranteed money). I wouldn't take that deal either.

Edit: In perspective, the deal they offered was his full franchise tag this year he is already set to receive, and then only $29M additionally guaranteed money for 5 more years. He will easily, EASILY, make far more than $30M guaranteed in a new contract next off season.

The Redskins put out a pretty nasty press release trying to paint Cousins like he is greedy and that they are the victims. Fuck the Redskins.

I mean... yeah
Bruce Allen worded his statement in a way that tried to make the Redskins office look less incompetent and Cousins look like a diva that only cares about money.

It's bullshit.

That "fantastic" deal that Cousins turned down would have only been an extra $29.1M in guaranteed money.   Given the circumstances that's beyond pathetic and it's no wonder Cousins turned it down.  It was an absolute joke of an offer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I said if a deal wasn't done by today's deadline then the chances Cousins would be a Redskin for the 2018 season would plummet.  With the classless way Bruce Allen is publicly throwing "Kurt" under the bus those chances are now pretty much nonexistent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bruce Allen worded his statement in a way that tried to make the Redskins office look less incompetent and Cousins look like a diva that only cares about money.

It's bullshit.

That "fantastic" deal that Cousins turned down would have only been an extra $29.1M in guaranteed money.   Given the circumstances that's beyond pathetic and it's no wonder Cousins turned it down.  It was an absolute joke of an offer.
View Quote
I don't think Cousins is a fantastic QB. He fits the bill of the position, but he's not some savant or something. He was offered plenty of money, IMO.

I think a handful of teams went way out on limbs, like the Raiders, and totally fucked the pay scale for QBs. The Redskins offer is only a joke in comparison to those over paying.

Just my $.02

We're not talking about Brady or Rodgers here. Two years ago Cousins was touted as mediocre at best, no one talked or cared about him.

I don't blame the skins for not wanting to go out on a limb for him. They dismantled their receiving core, too, for some retarded reason, so there's not even anybody to throw to. They don't want to over pay for a QB because it's not gonna even help.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, I think even Brady, who is arguably the G.o.a.t, is only making 34.5 mil a year if you include his signing bonus. If you take away that bonus he makes 20 mil guaranteed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think Cousins is a fantastic QB. He fits the bill of the position, but he's not some savant or something. He was offered plenty of money, IMO.

I think a handful of teams went way out on limbs, like the Raiders, and totally fucked the pay scale for QBs. The Redskins offer is only a joke in comparison to those over paying.

Just my $.02

We're not talking about Brady or Rodgers here. Two years ago Cousins was touted as mediocre at best, no one talked or cared about him.

I don't blame the skins for not wanting to go out on a limb for him. They dismantled their receiving core, too, for some retarded reason, so there's not even anybody to throw to. They don't want to over pay for a QB because it's not gonna even help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bullshit.

Just my $.02

You can debate how good or bad Cousins is as much as you like.  It's irrelevant. Players are not paid based on how good they are compared to others.  They are paid based on the market at the time a deal gets done and simply average QB's are HIGHLY sought after.  Cousins is at least above average.  Maybe even good.

It is completely unprecedented in the modern era for a legit franchise QB to hit the open market at 28 or younger and I am looking forward to seeing the bidding war.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
If Cousins doesn't have a bad season then he'll sign a deal with at least twice as much guaranteed money as what the Redskins were offering.  Maybe even triple that amount.

IMO, he's definitely making the right call.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's bullshit.

View Quote
Admittedly I don't follow Redskins 24/7 but watching him during games, sportscenter plus reading about this goat-rope on twitter, I have never gotten the feeling Cousin's is anything close to a diva and I've never seen anybody even insinuate it.  He strikes me as pretty quiet and conservative.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Admittedly I don't follow Redskins 24/7 but watching him during games, sportscenter plus reading about this goat-rope on twitter, I have never gotten the feeling Cousin's is anything close to a diva and I've never seen anybody even insinuate it.  He strikes me as pretty quiet and conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bullshit.

Which makes Allen's play even more pathetic. But of course some people are eating it up so it's working on some level.  "OMGZ! Cousins turned down the most guaranteed money for a QB in NFL history! The Redskins did everything they could to sign him, but Cousins is just being unreasonable!"
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hell, I think even Brady, who is arguably the G.o.a.t, is only making 34.5 mil a year if you include his signing bonus. If you take away that bonus he makes 20 mil guaranteed.
View Quote
You can't compare Brady to anyone else. He intentionally takes the most friendly contracts in football in order to keep the Patriots on top. And he has a wife who makes substantially more money than him.

Numerous people have called it on the edge of cheating. Allowing a QB as great as Brady to take contracts substantially under the market value gives a sizable advantage to New England in the salary cap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can't compare Brady to anyone else. He intentionally takes the most friendly contracts in football in order to keep the Patriots on top. And he has a wife who makes substantially more money than him.

Numerous people have called it on the edge of cheating. Allowing a QB as great as Brady to take contracts substantially under the market value gives a sizable advantage to New England in the salary cap.
View Quote
I'm a Giants fan and I fucking hate Tom Brady, but insinuating cheating because he puts his team before his personal gain is laughable.

You absolutely can compare the two and the whole sport would do well to do so. The purpose of sport is to win, he's good at it and his success is brought on by his gameplay on the field as much as off it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can debate how good or bad Cousins is as much as you like.  It's irrelevant. Players are not paid based on how good they are compared to others.  They are paid based on the market at the time a deal gets done and simply average QB's are HIGHLY sought after.  Cousins is at least above average.  Maybe even good.

It is completely unprecedented in the modern era for a legit franchise QB to hit the open market at 28 or younger and I am looking forward to seeing the bidding war.
View Quote
As a capitalist I suppose I have to agree with you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead's dog was stolen and is currently being held for a $10,000 ransom.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
This morning my friend that's a Redskins fan sent me a joke text about Zeke.

This afternoon I sent him a joke text about the Redskins 2018 QB situation.

He responded with this gif.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, I go to Europe for a week and see the redskins screwed up the Cousins' contract situation even more. This also isn't the first time Allen has referred to him as 'Kurt.'

Im not mad at Cousins. I don't love him, but I'd rather the skins keep him bc to answer your question HK, the skins have no plan at QB past this season. I suppose they could keep drafting one in later rounds until they find one, but seems like when they strategy works out for them they just mess it up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#24]
A little more details on the "fantastic" deal Cousins turned down:

The deal the Redskins were offering him was a six year deal with $53M guaranteed and nothing guaranteed after the first two years.

Cousins is making $23.9M in guaranteed money this season.  If the Skins used the transition tag on him next season (and no one else wanted him) Cousins would make a guaranteed $28.7M.

So, assuming Cousins doesn't play like one of the worst QB's in the NFL and doesn't suffer a career ending injury, the deal the Redskins were offering Cousins was for an EXTRA $400,000 in guaranteed money.  That's it.

How in the blue hell could the Redskins think there was a reasonable chance Cousins would sign a 6 year deal with for an extra $400,000 guaranteed more than he'd make over the next two seasons if he stayed with the team?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#25]
A Cowboys reporter on twitter said Ezekiel Elliot also had a speeding ticket or was pulled over for 100 in a 70.  

Is Zeke the new Jon Bones Jones?  
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A Cowboys reporter on twitter said Ezekiel Elliot also had a speeding ticket or was pulled over for 100 in a 70.  

Is Zeke the new Jon Bones Jones?  
View Quote
Even though I'm used to it, I can't help but laugh.  A Cowboys player gets a speeding ticket months ago and it's the top story on ESPN.  A player for a less high profile team gets arrested on gun and drug charges a day ago...

The funniest though was when there were major stories happening in the sports world and ESPN's top story was about Dez Bryant's pet monkey.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Cousins is getting all the attention (and rightfully so), but the Steelers failed to lock up Le'Veon Bell as well.  The Steelers could tag him again in 2018 for $14.5M making Bell easily the highest paid RB, but there is a real possibility that Bell could be playing somewhere else after this season.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Even though I'm used to it, I can't help but laugh.  A Cowboys player gets a speeding ticket months ago and it's the top story on ESPN.  A player for a less high profile team gets arrested on gun and drug charges a day ago...

https://i.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.webp

The funniest though was when there were major stories happening in the sports world and ESPN's top story was about Dez Bryant's pet monkey.
View Quote
I can't see your image.  The tweet I referenced seemed to suggest it happened over the weekend in addition to the bar fight.  You know Dallas reporters/insideres better than I do.  Is this guy legit or fake news?

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I can't see your image.  The tweet I referenced seemed to suggest it happened over the weekend in addition to the bar fight.  You know Dallas reporters/insideres better than I do.  Is this guy legit or fake news?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.webp

It's just a gif of crickets chirping.  

Zeke got the ticket on April 4.  He entered a plea of no contest June 28.  He filed an appeal on July 14.  It's definitely understandable thinking the speeding ticket happened over the weekend as that's how a lot of click bait "news" stories are trying to word it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cousins is getting all the attention (and rightfully so), but the Steelers failed to lock up Le'Veon Bell as well.  The Steelers could tag him again in 2018 for $14.5M making Bell easily the highest paid RB, but there is a real possibility that Bell could be playing somewhere else after this season.
View Quote
Bell's contract should be a prove it contract with incentives.
His off-field antics and not playing a full season are reasons why.

Steelers need to sign Tuitt and Big AL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's probably what the Steelers thought too.  Which is why a deal didn't get done.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's probably what the Steelers thought too.  Which is why a deal didn't get done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and i would not worry too much if he walks after this coming season.
Would be a blow but my Steelers have let it happen before.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Michael Huffman, a bouncer from Wichita Falls who was in Dallas on Sunday night, shared on Facebook that Ibeneme, a deejay who goes by the name DJ d’Train, was the instigator and that Elliott didn’t do anything.

He reiterated his stance in a private message to the Star-Telegram.

“It didn’t go down like that,” said Huffman, who said he had a good view because he was close to Elliott hoping to get a selfie. “Everybody is saying that, but he didn’t throw the punch ...

“Zeke was just standing there arms folded chilling feeling the crowd. Then I seen DJ getting loud toward the vicinity of Zeke and then I see an overhand right come over the back of Zeke shoulder that landed square in DTrain’s face and he went to sleep. He didn’t even see it. Then the crowd circled and dispersed. I’m surprised a whole video hasn’t been released yet.”
View Quote
Reports vary on how Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott was involved in bar fight
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#34]
TMZ released another video of the aftermath. Shows a decent pool of blood on the floor and the guy being carried out. Not much else.

https://youtu.be/9TX5JK7ripo
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Michael Huffman, a bouncer from Wichita Falls who was in Dallas on Sunday night, shared on Facebook that Ibeneme, a deejay who goes by the name DJ d’Train, was the instigator and that Elliott didn’t do anything.

He reiterated his stance in a private message to the Star-Telegram.

“It didn’t go down like that,” said Huffman, who said he had a good view because he was close to Elliott hoping to get a selfie. “Everybody is saying that, but he didn’t throw the punch ...

“Zeke was just standing there arms folded chilling feeling the crowd. Then I seen DJ getting loud toward the vicinity of Zeke and then I see an overhand right come over the back of Zeke shoulder that landed square in DTrain’s face and he went to sleep. He didn’t even see it. Then the crowd circled and dispersed. I’m surprised a whole video hasn’t been released yet.”
Reports vary on how Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott was involved in bar fight
"Elliott in vicinity of club fight and appeals speeding ticket from two months ago" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Elliott beats up man at club and gets pulled over driving 100 mph."

I was at the gym and ESPN was on and it was joke the way they were talking about.  No charges, no arrests, and the guy that got laid out couldn't even identity who hit him.  And yet they were ranting about how Jason Garrett needs to bench Zeke, make an example of him, etc. as if he had already been found guilty.

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it.  I wasn't there.  But when the victim is saying he doesn't know what happened and there is no proof of what did happen maybe, just maybe, wait for the facts to come out.  Or, you know, just go all Nancy Grace on it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"Elliott in vicinity of club fight and appeals speeding ticket from two months ago" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Elliott beats up man at club and gets pulled over driving 100 mph."

I was at the gym and ESPN was on and it was joke the way they were talking about.  No charges, no arrests, and the guy that got laid out couldn't even identity who hit him.  And yet they were ranting about how Jason Garrett needs to bench Zeke, make an example of him, etc. as if he had already been found guilty.

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it.  I wasn't there.  But when the victim is saying he doesn't know what happened and there is no proof of what did happen maybe, just maybe, wait for the facts to come out.  Or, you know, just go all Nancy Grace on it.
View Quote
This whole situation is interesting.  Is Elliott a victim of people piling on and making mountains out of molehills or do we take all these incidents (completely unfounded or not) and say that this guy either puts himself in bad situations or around the wrong people.

2016 DV allegation
2016 boob scandal
2017 speeding ticket
2017 bar fight allegation

Like I said, even if all 4 of these are unfounded, doesn't it at least beg the question about his decision making or the company he keeps?  This isn't anything new for NFL players and I'm NOT saying Elliott is the next Vick/Pacman/etc., but I dunno.  Sometimes people are just shit magnets.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This whole situation is interesting.  Is Elliott a victim of people piling on and making mountains out of molehills or do we take all these incidents (completely unfounded or not) and say that this guy either puts himself in bad situations or around the wrong people.

2016 DV allegation
2016 boob scandal
2017 speeding ticket

Like I said, even if all 4 of these are unfounded, doesn't it at least beg the question about his decision making or the company he keeps?  This isn't anything new for NFL players and I'm NOT saying Elliott is the next Vick/Pacman/etc., but I dunno.  Sometimes people are just shit magnets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2016 DV allegation
2016 boob scandal
2017 speeding ticket

At just 21 years old Elliott has millions of dollars, is already one of the most famous players in the NFL, frequently goes to clubs, and has shown he doesn't always make the best choices.  Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more incidents.  I guess it'd be too much to ask for two rookie phenoms that both act wise and mature beyond their years.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1. Is Elliott a victim of people piling on and making mountains out of molehills 2. or do we take all these incidents (completely unfounded or not) and say that this guy either puts himself in bad situations or around the wrong people.
View Quote
1. Yes
2. Yes

Definitely both. Our 24/7 news culture loves to blow stories up big as possible as quickly as possible. However, there would be no story at all if Elliot wasn't actively putting himself into situations that end up having actual news worthy events.

Edit: And as HK mentioned, Cowboys... Largest market/franchise = largest magnifying glass by the media.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Speaking of the DV allegation though: it says a lot about the state of the NFL with god-king Goodell at the helm when there is a mountain of evidence showing the "victim" is full of shit (text messages saying she is going to ruin Elliott's career for breaking up with her, multiple witnesses saying she made it up, suffering injuries from a bar fight with another girl and claiming Elliott did it, etc) and yet the NFL has been dragging their feet for over a year and there is legitimate concern Zeke could be suspended for a game or two because of it.

Keep in mind these are the people that handed down Ray Rice's judgement without so much as attempting to view the elevator tape.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Lions DE Armonty Bryant has been suspended for the THIRD time in less than a year.

I really wish he'd get his shit together because every time I see "Bryant" and "suspended" in a headline my heart skips a beat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Speaking of the DV allegation though: it says a lot about the state of the NFL with god-king Goodell at the helm when there is a mountain of evidence showing the "victim" is full of shit (text messages saying she is going to ruin Elliott's career for breaking up with her, multiple witnesses saying she made it up, suffering injuries from a bar fight with another girl and claiming Elliott did it, etc) and yet the NFL has been dragging their feet for over a year and there is legitimate concern Zeke could be suspended for a game or two because of it.

Keep in mind these are the people that handed down Ray Rice's judgement without so much as attempting to view the elevator tape.  
View Quote
Goodell and the NFL investigators could fuck up a ham sandwich.  They are simply not consistent for their in house investigations/punishment.

Elliott
Martin/Incognito
Brady
Rice

Shit show, all over the board.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#42]
OJ Simpson's parole hearing is on Thursday.  Hard to believe it's been nearly a decade since he went away.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lions DE Armonty Bryant has been suspended for the THIRD time in less than a year.

I really wish he'd get his shit together because every time I see "Bryant" and "suspended" in a headline my heart skips a beat.
View Quote
That makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
What ever came from Dez getting arrested for hitting his mom?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The case was dismissed about half a decade ago.  Dez has had his shit together for years (knock on wood).  Hopefully Zeke can follow suit.  

And hey, if nothing else at least they have a young QB that's mature beyond his years and, by all accounts, a great leader.   Not one that has had 7 years to get his act together and still acts like a petulant child and gets benched for missing curfew before a game because he was at a titty bar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The case was dismissed about half a decade ago.  Dez has had his shit together for years (knock on wood).  Hopefully Zeke can follow suit.  

And hey, if nothing else at least they have a young QB that's mature beyond his years and, by all accounts, a great leader.   Not one that has had 7 years to get his act together and still acts like a petulant child and gets benched for missing curfew before a game because he was at a titty bar.
View Quote
He was with his future wife :P
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
At just 21 years old Elliott has millions of dollars, is already one of the most famous players in the NFL, frequently goes to clubs, and has shown he doesn't always make the best choices.  Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more incidents.  I guess it'd be too much to ask for two rookie phenoms that both act wise and mature beyond their years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2016 DV allegation
2016 boob scandal
2017 speeding ticket

It sure seems the 'cloud' has been manufactured in a hurry.   The domestic violence story was not a topic all off season and was seemingly forgotten, until a couple weeks ago when out of nowhere and with no new information, Schefter urges caution to fantasy players about using a high draft pick on Zeke.

The boob scandal has been a while ago, how could the NFL possibly be still "investigating" that?  If they were going to discipline on that hand it down already.

I can't recall a player getting suspended for a speeding ticket, that seems lame and as HK points out why are the fake news trying to make it sound like it just happened?

The club incident happened after Schefter got everybody buzzing about suspension talk, but I've seen nothing solid on even an accusation.  In any case this one is too recent for the possible lengthy suspension buzz that's suddenly going around now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It sure seems the 'cloud' has been manufactured in a hurry.   The domestic violence story was not a topic all off season and was seemingly forgotten, until a couple weeks ago when out of nowhere and with no new information, Schefter urges caution to fantasy players about using a high draft pick on Zeke.

The boob scandal has been a while ago, how could the NFL possibly be still "investigating" that?  If they were going to discipline on that hand it down already.

I can't recall a player getting suspended for a speeding ticket, that seems lame and as HK points out why are the fake news trying to make it sound like it just happened?

The club incident happened after Schefter got everybody buzzing about suspension talk, but I've seen nothing solid on even an accusation.  In any case this one is too recent for the possible lengthy suspension buzz that's suddenly going around now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2016 DV allegation
2016 boob scandal
2017 speeding ticket

Schefter is one of the biggest shit stirrers at ESPN making play as a legitimate reporter.  He'll make bold claims based on nothing but nameless "sources."  Then, more often than not it seems, his claims turn out to be bullshit.   No retractions.  No admissions that he was wrong. Just more bullshit based on nameless "sources."
I remember him ranting for over a week how it was imminent that Dez was going to get a long suspension for beating up someone at Walmart.  He claimed there was a security video.  He claimed there was cell phone video.  He claimed there were multiple witnesses.  

Days went by... nothing.

Weeks went by... nothing.

Months went by... nothing.

Years went by... nothing.

The imminent suspension is coming any day now I'm sure.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Schefter is one of the biggest shit stirrers at ESPN making play as a legitimate reporter.  He'll make bold claims based on nothing but nameless "sources."  Then, more often than not it seems, his claims turn out to be bullshit.   No retractions.  No admissions that he was wrong. Just more bullshit based on nameless "sources."
I remember him ranting for over a week how it was imminent that Dez was going to get a long suspension for beating up someone at Walmart.  He claimed there was a security video.  He claimed there was cell phone video.  He claimed there were multiple witnesses.  

Days went by... nothing.

Weeks went by... nothing.

Months went by... nothing.

Years went by... nothing.

The imminent suspension is coming any day now I'm sure.
View Quote
The conspiracy theory part of me suspects the henpecked NFL (Goodell) can't let go of the domestic violence accusation and wants to suspend him anyway (because of Ray Rice), and is using Schefter to prepare the public.  I would be surprised at this point if after all this time of investigation the NFL comes up with damaging evidence that has somehow not leaked by now and was missed by the police?   But all of a sudden a lot of people believe he is guilty of something.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top