BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

What do you guys think will end up happening with Peterson if Ingram stays healthy? 

Im guessing he will have a couple of good games when Ingram can't get it going, but not much more than that.
View Quote
I don't think anybody really knows but he's got big upside.  He's worth drafting just for that though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Did a mock draft just now

Eli manning
AJ Green
D. Thomas
Fournette
C.J. Anderson
Fiedorowicz
AP
Zay Jones
Davante Parker
Sterling Shepard
Rex Burkhead
Smallwood
J. Conner

Whatever D and K I picked

Thoughts on this? Be gentle, I trigger easily
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sugar coating?  Not too terrible bad.  Honesty?  That is terrible, that draft.  CJ Anderson stinks and Fournette has the same hurt foot that bothered him in college.  You only have one really good player in Green.  Though your later round picks are pretty decent.  I'm doing some mocks tonite so I'll try to post one of mine for you to get some revenge.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Eli manning
AJ Green
D. Thomas
Fournette
C.J. Anderson
Fiedorowicz
AP
Zay Jones
Davante Parker
Sterling Shepard
Rex Burkhead
Smallwood
J. Conner

View Quote
That was a reach for Fournette at the beginning/middle of round 2. Guessing AP and Thomas were the next two? Waaaay too many questions in the top of your draft for me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sugar coating?  Not too terrible bad.  Honesty?  That is terrible, that draft.  CJ Anderson stinks and Fournette has the same hurt foot that bothered him in college.  You only have one really good player in Green.  Though your later round picks are pretty decent.  I'm doing some mocks tonite so I'll try to post one of mine for you to get some revenge.
View Quote
Getting better by attrition/mockery prior to the actual draft works for me, because I don't keep up. Was just kidding about the triggered part.

Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eli manning
AJ Green
D. Thomas
Fournette
C.J. Anderson
Fiedorowicz
AP
Zay Jones
Davante Parker
Sterling Shepard
Rex Burkhead
Smallwood
J. Conner

View Quote
I love watching Sheperd but I'd be weary of him behind Beckham and Marshall. He's a blast to watch and he may even be in a great situation but I'm def not drafting him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok guys help a newb do better this season. I've played in my friends yahoo fantasy for the past few years. Always had the highest rated drafts, but end up dead last after the majority of the season. The players I use never live up to expectations.

I'm about to say fuck it and just do auto draft this year. Any tips? What to draft first or what to leave for last?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like your draft strategy isn't the issue. It's a marathon, you have to stay involved for the duration. Pay more attention down the road, be aggressive with your weekly moves. Not just for your own team, you have to look at what your opponent is looking for that week, too. If they're star tight end is on a bye that week, you need to look at taking quality options off the board from him. Etc etc
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok guys help a newb do better this season. I've played in my friends yahoo fantasy for the past few years. Always had the highest rated drafts, but end up dead last after the majority of the season. The players I use never live up to expectations.

I'm about to say fuck it and just do auto draft this year. Any tips? What to draft first or what to leave for last?
View Quote
Run a lot of mock drafts. Auto draft does give a decent team but you're better off doing yourself.

As stated the key is being an active manager. Always making waiver moves every week and making your team better.  The draft is only one piece of winning. Also don't trust draft grades. The experienced guys are looking for breakout or high upside players in the bench rounds. Those players have been mentioned in this thread.

Fantasypros.com is a good site for rankings. You can sort them however you want. If you get a stud RB always draft his handcuff but late.

For drafting you have to adjust to what others are doing. Don't take a QB before round 6-8. I wait and pick up rivers or Carr. Load up on high upside RB and WR. I stream dst and kickers and pick them last.

Run a bunch of mock drafts live to see what others are doing. If you can find value that's where you win. Rounds 4-8 are the most important. The first 3 are easy. Best player on the board.

Draft at least one lottery ticket rookie late. If he doesn't pan out he gets dropped for your hot waiver pickup week 3.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Eli manning
AJ Green
D. Thomas
Fournette
C.J. Anderson
Fiedorowicz
AP
Zay Jones
Davante Parker
Sterling Shepard
Rex Burkhead
Smallwood
J. Conner

View Quote
Everyone is raving about how good parker looks. He's in line to have a monster breakout year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Everyone is raving about how good parker looks. He's in line to have a monster breakout year.
View Quote
Dammit shut up about him!  I've drafted him the last 2 years because of his athleticism. Just never panned out. I want him late.

What are thoughts on cooper cupp?  Seems he's cooled somewhat with Watkins add. What sleeper rb should I target later?  Rob Kelly looked good and they were feeding him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Haven't seen one yet and it's fantasy time. Drafts are coming up. Do you take zeke?  Who are the must grab rookies?  What do you do round 5-8?  That's the meat.

It's time to get to work. There's a ton of rookies to get late. Im avoiding zeke and bell. It's hard to those weeks. Julio jones is still a stud and if I can get him mid first round I'll be happy.
View Quote

I snagged Zeke at 2.05. We'll see what happens - might even get a reduced suspension next week.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I snagged Zeke at 2.05. We'll see what happens - might even get a reduced suspension next week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't seen one yet and it's fantasy time. Drafts are coming up. Do you take zeke?  Who are the must grab rookies?  What do you do round 5-8?  That's the meat.

It's time to get to work. There's a ton of rookies to get late. Im avoiding zeke and bell. It's hard to those weeks. Julio jones is still a stud and if I can get him mid first round I'll be happy.

Could hurt, could win you the big prize.  I've drafted players with a 4 week suspension.  It hurts, but if you make it through you're good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#14]
First mock draft.  Not very good, pretty crappy actually but I have depth.  I took Brown over Bell at pick 2 for injury concerns.  I'm too loaded on single teams so that's why you do mock drafts.  Luck is trade bait.

1. Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
2. Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
3. Lamar Miller (Hou - RB)
4. Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
5. Martavis Bryant (Pit - WR)
6. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
7. Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
8. Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
9. Adrian Peterson (NO - RB)
10. DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)
11. Donte Moncrief (Ind - WR)
12. Jack Doyle (Ind - TE)
13. Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
14. New York (NYG - DEF)
15. Stephen Hauschka (Buf - K)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
First mock draft.  Not very good, pretty crappy actually but I have depth.  I took Brown over Bell at pick 2 for injury concerns.  I'm too loaded on single teams so that's why you do mock drafts.  Luck is trade bait.

6. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
7. Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
14. New York (NYG - DEF)
View Quote
You went QB too early. Twice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
7. Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
14. New York (NYG - DEF)
Yes I did. Kinda playing around.  That's why you do mock drats. That was high risk high reward draft.

Weak at rb QB is trade bait  I give it a C grade. Just ok.  My main 14 man league loves to draft 2 QB.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone hosting an ARFCOM league?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone hosting an ARFCOM league?
View Quote
Start one up. We did one pmag each winner take all last year on yahoo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Start one up. We did one pmag each winner take all last year on yahoo.
View Quote
I played in yours I think two years ago (or somebody's). I hosted one in my HTF last year but the interest doesn't seem to be there this year. And somebody didn't pay up last year also just a pmag.

I don't have the time to commission a league this year or I would.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I played in yours I think two years ago (or somebody's). I hosted one in my HTF last year but the interest doesn't seem to be there this year. And somebody didn't pay up last year also just a pmag.

View Quote
Same. I'd do it but I run 2 leagues and am in others.

@IRGRUNT0311
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@IRGRUNT0311
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@IRGRUNT0311
I've been thinking of putting one together for GD again like I did last year, think we had everyone pay up. I'm running one in my HTF so I may can do two again this year.

I may reach out to people who played last year and see if they want to go again this year.

@spidey07
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
pavlovwolf hosts a PickEm league you guys should join if you dont already play. Here is a link to his thread about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
First 9 picks - minimum - RB/WR

QB is silly deep and TE doesn't matter.

Depending on the league, you can sometimes go 11 rounds of best available RB/WR, then QB/TE/DST/K in the last 4 rounds and end up with a great team.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here's my squad in draft order after today's 11 man .5 PPR draft from the #1 slot:

David Johnson
Amari Cooper
Dez Bryant
Dalvin Cook
Alshon Jefferey
Jamison Crowder
Adrian Peterson (shocked he made it this far, but a lot of guys were down on his prospects this year)
Derrick Henry
Charles Sims
Zay Jones
Jameis Winston (homer pick)
Evan Engram (Ugh, went with the upside vs Ebron's pedestrian ass)
Houston
Vinatieri

I was happy with it. Missed out on Hunter Henry by a slot to make it a spectacular draft, IMO.
View Quote
I love this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Did our auction draft last night. Bidding went a little crazy at the start and kinda threw me off, and i made the mistake of getting a little too cute bidding guys up.

D. Freeman
T. Gurley
A. Cooper
L. Fournette
J. Landry
M. Crabtree
J. Winston
J. Reed
A. Peterson
D. Carr
E. Lacy
M. Bennett
J. Crowder
D. Parker
M. Crosby
Seattle
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
How do y'all feel about Gurley this year?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've been thinking of putting one together for GD again like I did last year, think we had everyone pay up. I'm running one in my HTF so I may can do two again this year.

I may reach out to people who played last year and see if they want to go again this year.

@spidey07
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@IRGRUNT0311

@spidey07
Dude!  Did I ever send you your pmag?  The league auto renewed so I'm still in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How do y'all feel about Gurley this year?
View Quote
Depends on what round. He's a solid rb2. I don't trust as rb1.  It's not him. It's the o line.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was hard to keep up with everything and I really wasn't worried about it.

Guess I'll start a new thread and make sure everyone from last year is still down this year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Guess I'll start a new thread and make sure everyone from last year is still down this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure I sent it well long after season was over. I never Welch. But it worries me if I didn't.  Shit. At this salad day I have more mags and ammo than I can use.

You can have zeke.  Use yahoo Im to talk to league.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dibs on a spot if you've got the room!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#32]
10 man PPR with a twist.... QB get +1 for a completion and -1 for an incomplete. I ended up with the #1 pick for winning the league last year.  

David Johnson
Michael Thomas
Gronk
Drew Brees
Allen Robinson
Tevin Coleman
Sammy Watkins
Doug Martin
Willie Snead
Donte Moncrief
Samaje Perine
Davante Parker
Cardinals
Carson Wenta
Jamaal Charles
Hauschka
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

10 man PPR with a twist.... QB get +1 for a completion and -1 for an incomplete. I ended up with the #1 pick for winning the league last year.  

David Johnson
Michael Thomas
Gronk
Drew Brees
Allen Robinson
Tevin Coleman
Sammy Watkins
Doug Martin
Willie Snead
Donte Moncrief
Samaje Perine
Davante Parker
Cardinals
Carson Wenta
Jamaal Charles
Hauschka
View Quote
Good depth. I'd handcuff gronk with Allen. What y'all think about Charles?  I think he's worth a late round flyer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I love this.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good depth. I'd handcuff gronk with Allen. What y'all think about Charles?  I think he's worth a late round flyer.
View Quote
Not sure what to think about him but it seemed like the most possible potential at that point.

For some odd reason Rob Kelley was left undrafted and I really want to drop Charles for him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not sure what to think about him but it seemed like the most possible potential at that point.

For some odd reason Rob Kelley was left undrafted and I really want to drop Charles for him.
View Quote
I would.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would.
Same here. Charles seems to be done. There was talk earlier of him not even making the final 53 man roster.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Same here. Charles seems to be done. There was talk earlier of him not even making the final 53 man roster.
View Quote
Yes. But he looked good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#39]
10 man, ESPN standard

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: David Johnson
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Carlos Hyde
RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Ameer Abdullah
RB: Dough Martin
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Jamison Croder
WR: DeVante Parker
WR: Marvin Jones
WR: Tyler Lockett
WR: Mohamed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
K: Mason Crosby
DST: LA Rams

Obviously going to have to do some moving around to get a 2nd QB and to manage by weeks, but couldn't help but take all the skills players when I saw them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
10 man, ESPN standard

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: David Johnson
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Carlos Hyde
RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Ameer Abdullah
RB: Dough Martin
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Jamison Croder
WR: DeVante Parker
WR: Marvin Jones
WR: Tyler Lockett
WR: Mohamed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
K: Mason Crosby
DST: LA Rams

Obviously going to have to do some moving around to get a 2nd QB and to manage by weeks, but couldn't help but take all the skills players when I saw them.
View Quote
 Very nice draft. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Who would you guys now go in 6th and 7th overall in PPR?

In 2 PPR leagues this year.  Pick 6 in one and 7 in the other.  I was thinking of McCoy initially, but now thinking Ajayi.  Ajayi is looking awesome
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#42]
So far I've lost Spencer Ware and Cameron Meredith this season. Ware hurt since he was my starter, Meredith was my first bench option at receiver. Wonder how many more I can lose before the season actually starts?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who would you guys now go in 6th and 7th overall in PPR?

In 2 PPR leagues this year.  Pick 6 in one and 7 in the other.  I was thinking of McCoy initially, but now thinking Ajayi.  Ajayi is looking awesome
View Quote
I like McCoy and Ajayi both a lot this year. I have been going with McCoy over Ajayi simply because the Bills have no other option but to get McCoy 20-25 touches a game. I don't think anyone would fault you for taking Ajayi though. If you draft McCoy make sure you get Jonathan Williams as an insurance policy. He is the clear #2. He can usually be had after the 9th round.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Just had my draft 10 man Serpentine  not ppr  
I had the 5th pick .. In this league rosters are tight 13ppl only  2QB 3RB 5WR/TE 1k 1ST/D 1bonus

QB Rothlisberger 9
QB Dalton 13
RB Howard 2
RB Zeke 3
RB Crowell 4
WR Julio Jones 1
WR Ty Hill 5
WR  Snead 6
WR John Brown 11 Homerpick
WR John Ross 12
K Gostkowski 7
ST/D Vikes 8
Bon. RB Paul Perkins 10

To draft your bonus player you have to have a K and a ST/D already

So how'd I do
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just had my draft 10 man Serpentine  not ppr  
I had the 5th pick .. In this league rosters are tight 13ppl only  2QB 3RB 5WR/TE 1k 1ST/D 1bonus

QB Rothlisberger 9
QB Dalton 13
RB Howard 2
RB Zeke 3
RB Crowell 4
WR Julio Jones 1
WR Ty Hill 5
WR  Snead 6
WR John Brown 11 Homerpick
WR John Ross 12
K Gostkowski 7
ST/D Vikes 8
Bon. RB Paul Perkins 10

To draft your bonus player you have to have a K and a ST/D already

So how'd I do
View Quote
2 QB league and you were able to get both your Qb's that late? Every 2 QB league I've ever played in if you didn't have both by round 4 you were screwed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So far I've lost Spencer Ware and Cameron Meredith this season. Ware hurt since he was my starter, Meredith was my first bench option at receiver. Wonder how many more I can lose before the season actually starts?
View Quote
That blows.

My (main) draft is on Labor Day. It's a deadly serious league and we always have the draft on the last weekend day before the season just for that reason.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I like McCoy and Ajayi both a lot this year. I have been going with McCoy over Ajayi simply because the Bills have no other option but to get McCoy 20-25 touches a game. I don't think anyone would fault you for taking Ajayi though. If you draft McCoy make sure you get Jonathan Williams as an insurance policy. He is the clear #2. He can usually be had after the 9th round.
View Quote
I was big on McCoy but it seems as if the bills are on tank mode.  And with Tyrod being shit, opponents can just stack the box.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was big on McCoy but it seems as if the bills are on tank mode.  And with Tyrod being shit, opponents can just stack the box.
View Quote
Bills being on tank mode is exactly why McCoy is a good option. They want to run the ball and not make big plays. McCoy is on his 8th season I believe and probably won't be playing too many more years. The Bills won't care if they wear him out. In Fantasy Football, touches is good. McCoy will get plenty of touches.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the concern with him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top