Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is hideous. The ugly factor alone will cost them 2/10 per lap.

I like it.

I like it...  
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ARFCOM Formula 1 Fantasy League is BACK!

Once again we'll be using GPPredictor.com

The group name is ARFCOM

Link to ARFCOM Group

Unique code for group: 58c7b9b50cfded9531844d66

Once again I will be giving away prizes, there will be a BFL decal for the leader up to the summer break, and at least a PMag for the overall winner (if you can't own a pmag a substitute prize will be given).

My team name is 576 Racing, FYI.
View Quote

The link and code for group does not work for me.  I just get an error message.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The link and code for group does not work for me.  I just get an error message.
View Quote

If you're copy and pasting it, make sure there is no space after it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Mclaren MP4/4 disagrees with that assertion. Sure, it's ancient history, but Mclaren Honda had nearly a perfect season in 1988. That season is what most folks think of when they think of Honda dominance.

Unfortunately, it seems whatever fire lit Honda back in the 80's seems to have disappeared.

m
View Quote

That was almost 30 years ago. Honda is a VERY different company from what they were in the 80's... So is Mclaren.

Modern Japanese corporate culture is not conducive to the R&D of a race engine.  This was proven in the early 2000's, but some people just don't learn. 

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you're copy and pasting it, make sure there is no space after it.
View Quote

Thanks that was it.

In for another great year of racing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Posting again for Pg. 14

The group name is ARFCOM

Link to ARFCOM Group

Once again I will be giving away prizes, there will be a BFL decal for the leader up to the summer break, and at least a PMag for the overall winner (if you can't own a pmag a substitute prize will be given).
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Posting again for Pg. 14

The group name is ARFCOM

Link to ARFCOM Group

View Quote

I dunno... should I sign up?
For as little as I know about F1 (compared to y'all) I'd probably have better luck throwing darts at an entry list
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks that was it.

In for another great year of racing.
View Quote

I should have added "ask me how I know?" haha
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh, I'm doing the ARF Indy/F1 fantasy, that's enough to keep track of.  I quit that GP predictor a few years back, got to be too big of a pain, and hassle to do when you normally are out on weekends, and DVR entire F1 weekends.
View Quote

You can just set a lineup and leave it for the entire season to see how you fare! Costs nothing, could win something.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in.

Jake Hardman's Mom
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
wait, what happened at Abu Dhabi with Hamilton that his team was upset with him. all I remember is hating that juvenile Vestappen...

edit: nvm, I remember. he slowed down to let Seb catch Rosberg.

hahaha, I loved it...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can just set a lineup and leave it for the entire season to see how you fare! Costs nothing, could win something.
View Quote

That's what I did for 3/4 of the first year and I ended up winning.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Force India pink is a bit funky, but when was the last time we saw a car get a complete color scheme from a primary sponsor that wasn't a manufacturer or related to the owners business holdings?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hahah Giedo
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Ferrari's 'Sandbagging' in F1 Testing Has Red Bull Worried

Saying that Ferrari driver and four-time Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel "provocatively lifted on his fastest lap on the start and finish straight," Red Bull's head of motorsport Helmut Marko told Red Bull's Servus TV channel that "if you do something like this, then your self-confidence and the knowledge about having a lot more in the car is huge."

But despite Vettel's gamesmanship in Ferrari's new SF70H, Marko thinks that the engine mapping and fuel loads used in testing has kept the true potential of every car in the dark, according to Motorsport.com, noting that an extra 10 kg of fuel can mean the difference of 0.35 seconds, and revised engine mapping could potentially shave a full second off a driver's time.

"Nobody has shown their cards properly," Marko said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#18]

11 days till we find out in quali, don't think I've ever been so excited for a season to start.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

11 days till we find out in quali, don't think I've ever been so excited for a season to start.
View Quote

I get so excited for season starts
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

For as little as I know about F1 (compared to y'all) I'd probably have better luck throwing darts at an entry list
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posting again for Pg. 14

The group name is ARFCOM

Link to ARFCOM Group

Come Play, I Kicked ass in the global league came  in 56 beginners luck and I will not trash talk ARFCOM League  because F1 is a class act
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh, I'm doing the ARF Indy/F1 fantasy, that's enough to keep track of.  I quit that GP predictor a few years back, got to be too big of a pain, and hassle to do when you normally are out on weekends, and DVR entire F1 weekends.
View Quote

Pretty much this, I gave up on it last year. completely forgot about it most weeks, and finally just said fuck it. Not going to do it this year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS! I've wanted to play for years, but I have way too much going-on to get that involved. It's more than enough to catch practice, quals, and races on the DVR and sometimes I get days behind (have deleted practices without even watching many times -- though I don't do what with quals and races). All of my coworkers are such big fantasy NFL players and I don't get into that for the same reasons. I have more than enough hobbies already... don't need to pretend that I'm an NFL GM.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]

I'm drooling at the thought!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#24]
REPORT: MCLAREN APPROACHES MERCEDES FOR ENGINE SWAP

Article
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Article
View Quote

Prudent talks for a possibility next year.

That said, from reports out of testing, the car is pretty shite as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My sister bought me a piggy bank of it for Christmas a few years ago

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/334296/IMG-6283-165529.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My sister bought me a piggy bank of it for Christmas a few years ago

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/334296/IMG-6283-165529.JPG

I get a lot of parts from ECE tunning for my 911

nice piggy bank
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

can't wait

I will be In Germany for the start
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Article
View Quote

I heard it here first
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Prudent talks for a possibility next year.

That said, from reports out of testing, the car is pretty shite as well.
View Quote
Hmmm... obviously Boullier is putting his positive spin on the car.

Asked if the team would be winning "right now" with a Mercedes engine inside the MCL32, Boullier told Spain's AS newspaper: "Yes, we'd be winning again."
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hmmm... obviously Boullier is putting his positive spin on the car.

Asked if the team would be winning "right now" with a Mercedes engine inside the MCL32, Boullier told Spain's AS newspaper: "Yes, we'd be winning again."
View Quote
The fuck would Boullier know about winning?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup... life eventually goes on for everyone but those left in its wake and their families. If there was ANYTHING positive to report about Michael's condition, I am assuming that we'd have heard at least SOMETHING by now. So messed-up that he lived his life at the edge (200mph no less!) and then succumbed to a recreational skiing accident. Life/fate/destiny is weird sometimes...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I haven't followed it really (too sad I guess).  He's out of the coma, right?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I haven't followed it really (too sad I guess).  He's out of the coma, right?  
View Quote
I don't even know. If he is, I've never gotten the impression that he's anything more than a lifeless hull, staring off into space and drooling. I sincerely hope that's not the case, but if he was able to interact with other humans in any meaningful manner... I would think that it would have been big news.

Who knows... maybe he's been working on a Rocky-style comeback and the family has been keeping it under wraps for the big reveal. But if that's the case, then it's the best kept secret in history. I would certainly welcome such a miraculous comeback!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't even know. If he is, I've never gotten the impression that he's anything more than a lifeless hull, staring off into space and drooling. I sincerely hope that's not the case, but if he was able to interact with other humans in any meaningful manner... I would think that it would have been big news.

Who knows... maybe he's been working on a Rocky-style comeback and the family has been keeping it under wraps for the big reveal. But if that's the case, then it's the best kept secret in history. I would certainly welcome such a miraculous comeback!
View Quote
We would have heard something were that the case.  I have a few friends that were pretty close to Michael and his family during his racing career and even they haven't heard anything.  I keep hoping that it's just a horrible dream and he'll be back in the news pissing people off tomorrow.   
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We would have heard something were that the case.  I have a few friends that were pretty close to Michael and his family during his racing career and even they haven't heard anything.  I keep hoping that it's just a horrible dream and he'll be back in the news pissing people off tomorrow.   
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had recently taken up skydiving and I was lucky enough to have met him and chatted. He even bought me a beer. He's a genuinely nice guy and I was looking forward to seeing him again. Such a sad thing.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He had recently taken up skydiving and I was lucky enough to have met him and chatted. He even bought me a beer. He's a genuinely nice guy and I was looking forward to seeing him again. Such a sad thing.
View Quote
Yep, seeing a man who lived on the razors edge his whole life, taken down by something so simple as skiing just sucks. I do respect the fact that his family and close friends (Seb, Nico) have kept quiet about him and his well being.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, seeing a man who lived on the razors edge his whole life, taken down by something so simple as skiing just sucks. I do respect the fact that his family and close friends (Seb, Nico) have kept quiet about him and his well being.
View Quote
Roughly 45 people die a year from skiing accidents, I don't think there has been that many deaths in motorsport even in the last 10 years.  

It's one of those activities that is more dangerous than you think it is.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#39]
it sure is
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Less than 1 week till qualifying!

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
So excited.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember a restaurant dinner back in the 90s next to Michael and Ralph Schumacher.

So sad
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So excited.
View Quote
For the first time ever I'm more excited about the start of F1 than I am about IndyCar.

IndyCar is revamping all of their cars for 2018, so I imagine this might be a one year only limited time offer for me. 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#44]
JEV now racing for Manor in WEC

I think he's an underrated as a driver
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
JEV now racing for Manor in WEC

I think he's an underrated as a driver
View Quote
I thought he was better than Ricciardo at STR. He's an excellent driver.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#46]
AUSTRALIAN GP SCHEDULE

Thursday 03/23
FP1 9pm

Friday 3/24

FP2 1am
FP3 11pm

Saturday 3/25
QUALI 2am

Sunday 3/26
RACE 1am

FANTASY PICS DUE BY 1:55AM SATURDAY 3/25
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm getting antsy for the new season. Glad it's only days away. I go under the knife first thing Thursday morning for another back surgery, and I tend to get the nerves before each surgery... worrying that I won't wake up (or will wake-up more messed up than I already am). This time... I'll actually admit to being a hair nervous that I'll miss the new F1 season if I don't wake up.

Seriously... I wonder if they have HDTV and NBCSN in the afterlife???
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Ugggghhhhhh... I sure hope it's not more of the same. I think that I'm VERY likely to check-out of F1 during the season if it's a repeat of the past three seasons. It's just beyond old at this point. What's kept my wife and I going is the thought of the changes this season. If those changes result in no practical advancements for other teams, then I'll spend my weekends doing something more productive than watching cars of many colors chasing silver cars around the track.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Some insight gleaned from a former engineer from MercF1 that left before teh start of the 2016 season.  We were talking about Mercs crank issues (btw, they use a billet crank):
"There's massive issues with twist whether it's the crankshaft, the MGUK shaft or the MGUK idler gear, the crank has a friction mass damper at the rear (5kg mass in a silicone fluid) it sits just in front of the
clutch.  The MGUK driveshaft has a friction plate damper on it and the MGUK idler gear also has a friction damper.  It's all simulated to the moon and back "
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top