Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My fantasy picks are absolutely fucked. Don't care. Chaos reigns supreme.
View Quote

Forgot to make mine
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

IRL=CART=F1 wannabees
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They also build the engines for Penske

IRL=CART=F1 wannabees
No there are to many differences between IRL and F1 to honestly compare the two.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Absolutely, but at this point bad luck could still strike Lewis......11 laps to go
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rosberg's losing his brakes now and Hamilton has radioed he's not racing Massa anymore
I think Nico is done, hell of a season though.

Absolutely, but at this point bad luck could still strike Lewis......11 laps to go
It could but it would have to be a large problem at this point.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hamilton just has to drive fast enough to win.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Booooo
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
COME ON MASSA
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Booooo
View Quote
Lewis has earned this title, he has had a great season by all standards good for him.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

COME ON MASSA
View Quote
not enough.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#10]
No one can complain about Timo Glock, Lewis brought  this one home on his own!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Undeserving little shit
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
not enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
COME ON MASSA
not enough.

I sure would have loved to see him in 1st place but still nice race for him

Mercedes did it

yes not thrilled Hamilton won but it is what it is.

I guess I have to take back that he will never win another Championship I was wrong  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Undeserving little shit
View Quote

That's it. F1 is dead for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Button doing retirement donuts
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rosberg's losing his brakes now and Hamilton has radioed he's not racing Massa anymore
I think Nico is done, hell of a season though.

Be proud Bradders Lewis had an amazing season and there is no doubt he should be the champion.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Deffinately not the result I wanted......neat season though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Good on Nico to show up and shake Lewis's hand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Undeserving little shit

There is no reason to throw F1 under he bus over a Hamilton championship. It is racing favorites will win and lose that is why we cheer and scream at our tvs it is what makes the emotions worth having.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Good season...not great.  I geuss we will see what the off-season brings.  Will Bernie f'up the sport ever further?

See you all next year!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There is no reason to throw F1 under he bus over a Hamilton championship. It is racing favorites will win and lose that is why we cheer and scream at our tvs it is what makes the emotions worth having.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Undeserving little shit

All that left is wish that Massa act on the entire next season like the last 2 races.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#21]
well now that the 2014 racing season is over I now look forward to the 2015 24 hours of Daytona.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#22]
A certain J. Clarkson is practicing His Insufferably Smug Face as I type.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

A certain J. Clarkson is practicing His Insufferably Smug Face as I type.
The Ol' Crew Chief
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bollocks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Undeserving little shit

Bollocks

I don't speak British
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
well now that the 2014 racing season is over I now look forward to the 2015 24 hours of Daytona.
View Quote

I'll see you there.

There is another WEC race too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats to Lewis.

Now we get to look forward to ridiculous and inappropriate comparisons and fawning from the British press. If it is anything like last time, it should stop around 2018-2019.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't speak British
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Undeserving little shit

Bollocks

I don't speak British

Let me translate...

Originally Posted By Bradders (The Translation): BULLSHIT!

Lewis WON 11 fucking races and fought like hell to get them. He DNF'ed 3 times due to mechanical failure and fought a HARD won points battle by driving from the back of the grid and making better passes than his teammate, who was consistently good. Yes, Lewis showed a little of his immaturity from years past, but for the most part, he was an incredibly valuable member of the Mercedes team. Also, Nico wasn't immune to flagrant acts of immaturity this season either, so lets not throw stones in glass houses...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Congrats to Lewis and Nico has nothing to be ashamed of, hes had an amazing season and drove his ass off.  Nico will be champion sometime soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Lewis definitely earned this Championship. Congratulations to him for putting it all together and not having some one do the stupid and pull over to let him win by one point. This was an extremely good year for Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton. They got it right with the new engine format from the beginning and had the package to beat.

Its unfortunate that Nico apologized for what happened at Spa. I think if he'd have just said that's racing and let it go with that he'd have been much better off. It would be interesting to hear what the team had to say to him. His season seemed to go downhill from there. It will be interesting to see if he can put this season behind him and go on to bigger and better things.

It will also be very interesting to see what kind of demands Hamilton starts making now. I can't really see him having the same kind of season in 2015 he had this year. It will also be interesting to see how this effects the relationship between him and Rosberg. Regardless of his performance this year he is no Clark, Brabham, or Stewart.

Its very ironic to see Mass have his best season in several years after leaving Ferrari. As much as I like Kimi, this was just not his year.

Hopefully F1 will get back to being the epitome of the racing world. The bullshit with green engines and fuel limits needs to go away. If they had used the hybrid sixes with the existing 150 kg fuel tanks and no fuel flow limits it would have been a much more interesting season. F1 should be about exotic materials, pushing the technological limits and to hell with everything else. Fuck all this noise about spending limits and test bans.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Time for a little opinion...

Most Impressive driver: Ricciardo. I never thought he was bad but wow was he good.

Biggest Disappointment: Raikkonen. He never put it together this season. I would almost argue that he needs to retire again.

Best Performance: Jules Bianchi scoring a point at Monaco

Worst Performance: TIE: Pastor Maldonado for wrecking cars in practice/quali and Nico Rosberg stopping on track in Monaco during Quali

Worst Track: Sochi.

Anybody else have some best and worst to add?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will Dec 1 or whenever McLaren finally squeezes out a driver decision.

The season was amazing entertaining racing wise despite the regulations which have strangled in season development and strategy to death.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Most Impressive driver: Ricciardo. I never thought he was bad but wow was he good.

Biggest Disappointment: Raikkonen. He never put it together this season. I would almost argue that he needs to retire again.

Worst Performance: TIE: Pastor Maldonado for wrecking cars in practice/quali and Nico Rosberg stopping on track in Monaco during Quali

View Quote

Force India was a huge disappointment this season. I really was pulling for Hulk to have a season like last year.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
My thoughts on the season:

Excellent year despite the mercedes dominance.

Hamilton deserved the championship and I'm glad he won it.  He was a lion this year.

My favorite drivers of the year besides Hamilton were Bottas, Ricciardo and Alonso.

My man Raikonnen sucked.

I am a Bottas fan.  I think the kid has the stuff.  Ricciardo too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]

NOOOOO! #2! Ugh.

In other news, at f1pick6.com I am the highest-ranking American at 25th place! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Hey look, I wasn't in last place.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:44:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Crashtor did kaboom an engine today (only engine kaboom this season) so theres that...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Lewis definitely earned this Championship. Congratulations to him for putting it all together

View Quote
had McLarens transmissions held together in 2012... Lewis would likely have 3 championships now

math says Lewis wouldve won 2012 by 100+ points.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

MVD - Danial Ricciardo
Rookie of the Year - Kevin Magnussen
Team of the Year - Mercedes
Best Defender - Sebation Vettel
Best Passer - Lewis Hamilton
Comback Driver of the Year - Felipe Massa
Best Drive - Jules Bianchi, Monaco
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#44]
So I think we'll just keep bumping this thread until 2015 with any F1 news and in January get a new thread started for the new season. Sound good?

Probably the best shower ever.

Way to go Williams! I hope 3rd place money gives them a good boost.

How double points affected this season.

New team principal at Ferrari.

Lewis the day after.

New McLaren-Honda video.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not a Hamilton fan at all, but he drove his ass off this year.  He had his share of shitty luck, fought his way through the field a couple times, and beat out a very good teammate.

He deserves his title.   As does Merc.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#46]
That Picture of William's is incredible. Claire is truly Happy!

I quickly became a William fan, again, watching them this year. Massa and Vallteri are both superb Drivers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#47]

I thought the season was a good one no matter how hard people tried to talk it down.

Yes Mercedes dominated, as have other teams in the past. Both Hamilton and Rosberg made the Driver Championship exciting to watch.

I don't understand the hate...they are both competitive racers at the pinnacle of the sport.

I really liked the great performances by Ricciardo and Bottas this year. They both earned a spot in my favorites to root for.

Massa in the last few races proving he still has it was great to see as well.

Still thinking good thoughts for Bianchi, and can't wait for next year !

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I have grown to like Lewis more and more over the past several seasons.  I don't pay attention to off-track chatter, so I don't know what's going on there.  On track, he has been a lion lately.  He's driving more like Alonso and taking what he wants.  He deserved this championship pure and simple.  He fought through adversity, used the potential of the car and drove smart, mature and fast as hell.

I was excited for him and as bad as I wanted Massa to win that race, it was fitting that Lewis won it.

This season was excellent, IMO, despite the Mercedes dominance.  Some of the highlights for me:

• The duel between Nico and Lewis was epic.  They were allowed to race and I saw no real signs of favoritism from the team (i.e. RB VET/WEB)

• The resurgence of Williams really warmed my F1 heart.  I've been watching/following F1 for decades and remember when Williams was the team to beat.

• Valtteri Bottas has quickly become one of my favorite drivers.  I always seem to like the Finns in F1 (Mika, Kimi and now Bottas).  Cool guy and a serious competitor.

• Daniel Ricciardo is just flat out fast and a smart, mature driver for a young guy.  Competing against a 4 times champion, he beat Vettel, hands down.  And I still think Vettel is an all-time great.

• Kvyat and Magnussen had some great performances as rookies.

• Seeing Massa do well in his Williams was great to see.  He beat the Ferrari that he left.  i just can't help but like the little guy.

• Massa's pole position.

• Alonso fought like a lion with a mid-pack car.  He's just fun to watch no matter where he is in the field.

• Lewis Hamilton's girlfriend.  YOWZA!!

And the low points:

• Jules -

• Kimi Raikonnen - Damn man, damn.

• Vettel's struggles - I'd rather have seen him in there fighting than struggling with a new car setup.  But, that's just the way it goes.

• Ferrari's lackluster car. - Just plain mediocre.

• McLaren's lackluster car. - Just plain sub-mediocre.  

• Lotus's steep fall from their impressive previous season.  They were really up & coming and the rules changes, engine choice and finances really set them back.

• Double points - Stupid.  I'm glad it didn't affect the championship outcome.

I'm looking forward to next season.  I hope some other teams can put up a good fight with Mercedes.  Maybe Alonso/McLaren/Honda, but most likely Red Bull.  Newey won't be down for long.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Where is the hottie Suzie Wolf?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who cares......Claire is in the picture.
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top