BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

do you act like you do on ARF, when you are around her?
View Quote
Nope.

I act very different in real life than I do here
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus Christ. Two weeks and you are already whining about it to strangers on the internet. Please eject for her sake.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Youre being slowly dumped.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
She's hoping you'll get a clue and move on.  She's trying to "ghost" you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're asking here, the answer is probably yes
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you should probably talk to her about it first.  a simple "this is not OK with me--what's going on?" can work wonders.
View Quote

This especially with respect to her health issues
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
sounds like you're looking for someone more active, and she cant hang anymore, tell her the truth and eject. easy peazy lemon squeazy
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
first...

grill some Pork Chops, serve with some homemade apple sauce and some wild rice and invite her over. if she doesn't stay and eat.

eject.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't cling.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds to me like you are being replaced,  but she's still keeping her options open.   Either that,  or you are the clingy type.
I don't cling.  

You are clinging.  First you wait for her and get upset if she doesn't respond instantly.  Just stop.  If she is busy, you shouldn't be clinging to your phone waiting for a response.  You should be busy doing things in your own life.

Besides your clinging, what the situation sounds like is she is very depressed.  Her health problems might be weighing heavy on her mind, which would account for everything you described.  If that is the case then all you can do is give her space and show her you love her when you do interact with her.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
She's dating someone else, I bet.

If she wanted you, shed make herself available.

Cut bait and run.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You are clinging.  First you wait for her and get upset if she doesn't respond instantly.  Just stop.  If she is busy, you shouldn't be clinging to your phone waiting for a response.  You should be busy doing things in your own life.

Besides your clinging, what the situation sounds like is she is very depressed.  Her health problems might be weighing heavy on her mind, which would account for everything you described.  If that is the case then all you can do is give her space and show her you love her when you do interact with her.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds to me like you are being replaced,  but she's still keeping her options open.   Either that,  or you are the clingy type.
I don't cling.  

I only expect word from her if we already have plans

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Thyroid cancer is effectively treated by a thyroidectomy.  Once that thyroid is gone, you have to take thyroid hormone daily.  Likely her pill is Synthroid or a generic of it.  If the dosage is too low, you will see things like coarse hair, thinning hair, depression, fatigue, cold intolerance and lack of libido.  If the dose is too high, you get better hair and more sex drive but also heart arrhythmias and heat intolerance.

Her dosage might be normal as per the blood tests she should be getting periodically, but she could still look like/act like the dose is off.  

If her behavior can be explained by what most likely would be a low end dose of thyroid medicine such as depression causing her lethargy, or lack of libido causing her to avoid amorous situations, then there you have it.

That being said, what you describe is what I call "the push away" which is when a woman has not the courage to end the relationship so she instead commits actions intended to cause you to break it off.  The rudeness in communications could be an example of this.  The evening somnolence could be a passive way to encourage you to go home.

Her saying that she does want to be in a relationship with you, and then the day at your mother's, does not jibe with her other actions which is a red flag in itself.

I cannot advise you on what to do as I am not you and I don't know every nuance to effectively evaluate this.  I merely offer the above for your consideration.

TL;DR  Cancer can't explain this.  Thyroid medication level might.  GF behavior is strange but familiar.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Depends on just how much you like her. My wife recently had her thyroid removed due to cancer. The difference in her attitude and energy level is like night and day. About to do another scan to check for more cancer in a week. The news they prescribe for hormone replacement are iffy at best. Lotta fine tuning involved to get the right dose and frequently. So yeah, you can punch if you want, but her outlook is most likely due to a medical condition and she should talk to her doc to get her levels checked. If you are in this relationship for the long haul, stop thinking about yourself and start thinking she may need some help. I highly doubt she digs feeling like she does.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#15]
What is her opinion on sphincter non-reproductive copulation?

This is apparently a metric on the slide scale as well.

This is a serious question.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#16]
If you think it, you probably are right
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Does she like to shoot?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Does she like to shoot?
View Quote
yes

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, fuck that shit. If she's not making you happy, why WOULD you stay?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I did ,Also asked her if I should move on down the road and she said no  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you should probably talk to her about it first.  a simple "this is not OK with me--what's going on?" can work wonders.
I did ,Also asked her if I should move on down the road and she said no  

Time for an Amytal Interview.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Cousin had thyroid removed and the meds being correct, the correct dosage, and taken at the right time of day are CRITICAL.  When any of it was off, he was worn out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

She takes a pill in the morning for her thyroid,don't know what it is  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

is she on something for her now lost tyroid? I know before I was on my meds I was tired all the time and very forgetful. If that is stable move on.
It can take a while to get the hormone replacement levels right - and it will fuck with you in many ways, including your moods.  So there may be a legit reason she feels the way she does.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been dating a woman for 5 months now and she makes me feel lately like I'm an inconvenience,

Can't get her to answer the phone ,takes hours to get a reply to a text not just a hey,what are you doing but ones where she makes plans and if we're doing them or not .it's like pulling teeth..

And whenever we are supposed to meet up she always get's tired and cuts it short.

I really like her and she tells me she loves me but it doesn't feel like it.

There's more and this has no bearing whether I stay or go,she had her thyroid taken out from cancer so she get's sick pretty often and I assume that is making her tired too?

Wasn't at all like this till about 2 weeks ago ,I know she isn't talking/seeing anyone else,so that isn't a worry.

Really hitting a cross roads type thing with this,Do I have a legitimate gripe or am I just being a bitch?

Not a chance I'm posting pics

View Quote

Sounds fat.  Eject.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't cling.  

Depression, medication, or other drugs can all account for what is going on.  A very smart man once told me that I can only make decisions based on the information that I have at hand.  I can't guess the future and I shouldn't be worrying about "what if".  If you care for the girl and don't believe anything else is going on, then you need believe what she is telling you.  

If she claims to be tired and wants to go back home, then be happy to take her there and do things to make her feel comfortable.  You do that because you believe she is tired and could use some extra pampering.  If you don't believe that is what is going on, which you don't seem to since you question it, then you need to figure out what you do believe is going on based on the information you have at hand.  Absent any new information though, you just need to treat her the best you can and hope she gets through whatever is going on.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Being tired should nothing to do with being mean. Have a talk and if doesn't change, walk away nicely.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#27]
If she's spending a day with your mom that means one of two things.
1. She really loves you.
2. She is leaving you for your mom.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI.

A bunch of strangers on the Internet will not give you answers better than the woman herself can. Relationships need to be built on a foundation of respect, consideration, and communication. Those things need to be present in good times and bad. So things get a little rocky and confused, you need to communicate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Tell her how you're feeling. If nothing changes, eject.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Eject.
It is not the thyroid and she is bullshitting your mom. She done and  hasnt gotten around to telling you yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is she on something for her now lost tyroid? I know before I was on my meds I was tired all the time and very forgetful. If that is stable move on.

Probably synthroid or levothyroxine.

If you can't deal with the issue of her having hypothyroidism, find someone else.  She deserves someone that loves her faults and all.  If you do care, spend some time learning about her condition.  It's a significant issue she has to deal with for the rest of her life.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like she's talking to someone else. In this day and age loyalty is hard to come by.... I'd call it quits
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If you can't deal with the issue of her having hypothyroidism, find someone else.  She deserves someone that loves her faults and all.  If you do care, spend some time learning about her condition.  It's a significant issue she has to deal with for the rest of her life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would have nothing to do with my decision to stay or go

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#34]
eject now.....avoid issues down the road
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#36]
She just sent me a text saying she's on her way over
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a good thing!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's the thing,it it's from cancer I'm willing to deal with it but if it's just that she doesn't want me around I'll move on.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure two weeks is a big enough sample size. A lot of cancer survivors deal with chronic fatigue as well.
That's the thing,it it's from cancer I'm willing to deal with it but if it's just that she doesn't want me around I'll move on.  

then sit down and talk to her.

she may just be tired and worn out
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey man...   I think you should just talk with her about it.  Sit her down, and put it to her just like you laid it out in the thread - which you did a good job doing.  I think that until you do this, everything else is just speculation.  

I'd just say to her:  

"Hey..  I wanted to talk a little about where we're at in our relationship.  I've noticed some changes lately, and I'm not sure how to read them.  So I thought I'd talk with you about them."  

Despite being married for 30+ years, from time to time, my wife and I have to sit down and get on the same page. I think some folks are either afraid or unable to do something as simple as talk.  It's really the simplest way to figure things out.  Hopefully she'll be truthful with you.  You'll know whether or not she is.  If she's not, then what's the point?  Why be in a relationship of lies?  

I wish you the best, and hope things work out for you.    
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good, fuck her one last time before the eject
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Blah blah blah

No pics, no care
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#44]
You should call and text her more often.  If calling her every hour doesn't work then try every 10 minutes.  

Then she'll really start to appreciate you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Stop calling her.  When/if she calls you, act like you're glad to hear from her.  

If she doesn't call, you have your answer.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Time to rent a car and start following her. Install a GPS tracker on her car. Surveil her house and work place. Install key stroke tracking software on her computer. "Borrow" her phone when she isn't expecting it.

Time to get serious, op. Stop pussyfooting around here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Time to rent a car and start following her. Install a GPS tracker on her car. Surveil her house and work place. Install key stroke tracking software on her computer. "Borrow" her phone when she isn't expecting it.

Time to get serious, op. Stop pussyfooting around here.
View Quote
Yeah,I don't think so

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:18:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
yes  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does she like to shoot?
yes  

Pass her off to me?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:20:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Stop calling her.  Stop texting her.  Stop dropping by her place.

If she calls you, answer.  If she texts, reply.  If she asks you to stop by, stop by.

However, you need to stop initiating.  Just kick back and see what happens.  If she disappears, find someone else.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:20:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

you going to get some late night booty!

I wouldn't quit. Maybe she's just not the kind to really bother with her phone?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top