Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/26/2007 10:32:35 PM EDT
As I've said many times before.  THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING AT ALL.  man made or not.  1998 was the warmest year lately and it wasn't as warm as the 30's.  

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/25/nbook125.xml

On the one hand we have the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change coming up with yet another of its notoriously politicised reports, hyping up the scare by claiming that world surface temperatures have been higher in 11 of the past 12 years (1995-2006) than ever previously recorded.

This carefully ignores the latest US satellite figures showing temperatures having fallen since 1998, declining in 2007 to a 1983 level - not to mention the newly revised figures for US surface temperatures showing that the 1930s had four of the 10 warmest years of the past century, with the hottest year of all being not 1998, as was previously claimed, but 1934.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean the Communists . . . lie??  

That may be.  But its still a big stretch to say that there is no global warming.  The glaciers that were over Chicago when the Clovis people came here didn't just vanish.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That may be.  But its still a big stretch to say that there is no global warming.  The glaciers that were over Chicago when the Clovis people came here didn't just vanish.

"Global warming," as I suspect you know, is shorthand for "the purported anthropogenic global warning underlying the left's current campaign against the American way of life."

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
so we're having/causing global warming or we're not??  if not, why the hell did al gore just win a nobel prize?

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Surface temperatures tell only a tiny fraction of the story.

Something is melting all that ice...

(And no, I don't claim mankind is causing it.)
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was at the end of an ice age...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Global warming," as I suspect you know, is shorthand for "the purported anthropogenic global warning underlying the left's current campaign against the American way of life."

I think he was making a funny.  

Unless those evil Clovis bastards had really tall smokestacks.  

I have a fluted Clovis point, BTW.  I have been told it's fairly valuable for a piece of rock.  

If it's embedded in the hipbone of a caucasoid human, it's so valuable that no one is allowed to look at it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know, dude.  Nearly December here in Anchorage and it's above freezing, green grass is still exposed.  I've never seen it this warm this late in the year.

Of course, last November was unbelievably COLD, coldest I can ever remember.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't know, dude.  Nearly December here in Anchorage and it's above freezing, green grass is still exposed.  I've never seen it this warm this late in the year.

Of course, last November was unbelievably COLD, coldest I can ever remember.

Yeah. A sub-1% shift in baseline is hard to notice against +/-15% variations.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was at the end of an ice age...

Why did the ice age end?  What was the mechanism?  Why did it start to begin with and the mechanism for that?  Is the pattern still continuing?  How warm will it get between glacial extremes?

These are the real questions that must be answered FIRST before we can say what man has caused much less what we can change to do about it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
so we're having/causing global warming or we're not??  if not, why the hell did al gore just win a nobel prize?

Look at some of the winners of the Nobel prize as of late
www.nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/peace.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been working shirtless the last couple of weeks, and gotten a nice tan too  

...in late November  

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't even know how to respond to this thread.

It kind of reminds me of an article I read in the times a few years back when the Chechen's were raging war with the Russians. A Chechen woman's apt. building got slammed by a 105mm howitzer round. She was still living there after half the complex was gone, leaving a giant hole in her living room. She said to the reporter..what hole?

another example. there was a board recently of 200 scientists discussing global warming and the drastic climate change. 198 out of 200 scientists agreed global warming is indeed real and will cause catastrophic unforeseen consequences in the near future. Two of the scientists said theres no such thing as global warming. So that MUST mean theres no global warming.

You sir, are part of the problem.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:11:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmmmmmmmmm...............
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at some of the winners of the Nobel prize as of late
www.nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/peace.html

Pretty sad.  Out of the last 30 years only about 2 of those are legit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It kind of reminds me of an article I read in the times a few years back when the Chechen's were raging war with the Russians. A Chechen woman's apt. building got slammed by a 105mm howitzer round. She was still living there after half the complex was gone, leaving a giant hole in her living room. She said to the reporter..what hole?

another example. there was a board recently of 200 scientists discussing global warming and the drastic climate change. 198 out of 200 scientists agreed global warming is indeed real and will cause catastrophic unforeseen consequences in the near future. Two of the scientists said theres no such thing as global warming. So that MUST mean theres no global warming.

That article illustrates you not me.  Nearly all the info points to no global warming, yet the zealots continue with their GW mantra.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/GLOBAL_COOLING_-_NEWSWEEK_28_APRIL_1075.jpg

OH MY GOD!!! Only ten years from now no food!!  That is in 1985!!! Oh wait.

In the other economy thread there are "Wall Street experts" predicting the greatest depression yet in 2008.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading those articles as a kid and thinking how neat it would be to have a woolly mammoth as a pet like Fred Flinstone in a few years

Thanks to Reagan and those predictions that never came true as a teen in the 80's, I realized how stupid the Left really is.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I predict a Global Zombie invasion!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Are you saying Al Gore is wrong?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fail!

Useful idiot, redefined.

You, sir, need to explore geologic history (little climactic optimum, perhaps?), politics (Kyoto accord?), and critical data analysis.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

More and more information ( such as the fact that the Antarctic ice sheet is at record levels) indicates that global warming as put forth by the likes of ALGORE using corrupt data ( like the incorrect yearly temp data mentioned earlier) is not just false, but likely just a politicized movement to attack the US. It is part of the leftist mantra that "most" scientists support the global warming bs when many do not.

You sir, are the problem.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Can you or any of those 198 "scientists" answer my questions?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#26]
heretic!

global warming killed my mother and raped my sister!!!

how dare you question the veracity of the good church of global warming's doctrine!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#27]
But if Al Gore says it is true, who am I to question?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
But if Al Gore says it is true, who am I to question?

go flagellate yourself for questioning high priest gore!

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Is global warming real?  
The best evidence we have says yes.  We are coming out of an ice age, possibly due to the fact the sun's out put has increased.  This causing warming on not just our planet but Mars as well.

Is man causing it?
No.  There is next to no evidence that mans activities have anything to do with warming.  The planet's system for removing CO2 seems to be working just fine.  Natural releases of green house gases dwarf human emissions.

Is climate change happening?
Yes. The earth has been in a constant state of climate change since the beginning.  Normal for the earth is change.  It is not normal for it to have a steady unchanging climate.  Should we be aware of this? Yes.  Should we make attempts to be prepared in advance for said change? Yes.  Should we try to predict what the change will be? Yes. Should we run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to prevent it and laying blame for who's causing it? NO.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

And once again theres the proof of how much complete BULLSHIT surrounds climate "science."

I remember being a kid in the late 70s and hearing and reading that America was responsible for the coming ICE AGE.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And once again theres the proof of how much complete BULLSHIT surrounds climate "science."

I remember being a kid in the late 70s and hearing and reading that America was responsible for the coming ICE AGE.

It seems scientists can't make up their minds.  

www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2006/fireandice/fireandice.asp
Snip..
"Journalists have warned of climate change for 100 years, but can’t decide weather we face an ice age or warming."

Also there are many, many scientists that are not believers in global warming.

Experts Challenge Gore on Global Warming

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#33]

That's why they are starting to call it "Climate Change" instead of Global Warming.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the other economy thread there are "Wall Street experts" predicting the greatest depression yet in 2008.

Thanks for the heads up.  I absolutely have to get in on ground floor of that soon to be ban-festival.

x156
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  I absolutely have to get in on ground floor of that soon to be ban-festival.

x156

Sounds like you are my kind of guy.  

I've already been called squirrel nuts by the leading doom sayer over there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Another brainwashed Chicagoan. Great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Can we still get fries super sized?

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Better put quotation marks when calling those 98 in agreement "scientists".  Why?  Every "scientist" I have spoken to about this topic could not identify a little quirk in out atmosphere called the lapse rate.  Nor could they explain how the lapse rate could exist in their sacred "models".

Now can you?  If not, your science is more of a belief system than a good idea.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Is ice melting everywhere?  Last I checked it is also getting thicker in places.  Excess weight from ice is forcing glaciers to travel faster and break off into the ocean more.  Sure it may be receding in some places, but it is growing in other areas.

1998 was the most recent "hot" year, and it wasn't a record breaker.  That was almost 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Wasn't there some story a few months ago about the temp monitoring system being mismanaged?  Something along the lines that there were a disturbing amount of sensors improperly placed... like near chimneys, grills, direct sunlight etc?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That something seems to NOT be global warming.

NASA has released with much embarrassment two recent reports on Arctic ice melt that put the blame on ocean currents and winds and not global warming. They concluded the Arctic ice melt was a natural repeating cycle and not global warming.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Global? Hell No! Wimminz warming.
When the weather get cold, let's get some warm baby!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The HELL you say!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Man-made global warming is a bunch of bullshit.

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Frankly I am afraid that the earth is going to be cooked like an egg by all the hot air being belched forth about this subject.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What size were the Clovis SUVs.  Did they run on coal?

Anyway, this subject is really warming up and will be the source of much cocktail conversation over the holidays.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wasn't there some story a few months ago about the temp monitoring system being mismanaged?  Something along the lines that there were a disturbing amount of sensors improperly placed... like near chimneys, grills, direct sunlight etc?

Yes, that is how they kept their data from showing it getting cooler since 98.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top