Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drugs were in the vehicle along with the guns, according to one law enforcement official. One of the suspects allegedly told authorities the trio was en route to Queens to try to save a friend who is on heroin and being held against her will. Police are looking for the possible woman in Queens.
View Quote

Link?  The plot thickens.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
At a guess, this is akin to some poor slob accidentally driving into Mexico by mistake.   None of those AR mags appear to be loaded, and that "AR Pistol" still has the stupid buffer tube.  If these guys were up to no good, that'd just illegal SBR it with a stock, and the mags would definitely be loaded.  My guess, a van of dumbasses who thought they wouldn't get caught, but probably didn't have any violent intent, and probably weren't planning on reselling.  I hope I'm wrong - I hope these are guys that have been monitored for illegal trafficing/sales and were arming drug gangs, and thus making us safe by being caught.  But I doubt it.  

They will be white, and prosecuted with full vigor, to help with the racial profile stats.  Some DA will make their name "doing something", while no lives will actually have been saved (but 3 more, will be destroyed by the Government).

I could be wrong (I hope so), but I doubt it.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drugs were in the vehicle along with the guns, according to one law enforcement official. One of the suspects allegedly told authorities the trio was en route to Queens to try to save a friend who is on heroin and being held against her will. Police are looking for the possible woman in Queens.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Holland-Tunnel-Arrest-Weapon-Ammon-Ballistic-Vests-Terrorism-Investigation-New-York-383805691.html
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love how they always lay out the AR mags as if they're some kind of dangerous item in and of themselves to make the "arsenal" look more substantial.

They'd shit a kitten if they saw what most Arfcommers keep in the "little safe".

View Quote

I'm probably missing more mags than that that I don't even know I'm missing!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Papers please.

These people would have a stroke if they saw what my vehicle looks like going to the range.  
Pussies.
View Quote

I'm glad where I live now I have a range in my back yard.

If the NYPD would have seen a picture of my truck when I still had to drive to one they probably would have wondered why the PA State Police let us drive around in technicals...

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love how they always lay out the AR mags as if they're some kind of dangerous item in and of themselves to make the "arsenal" look more substantial.

They'd shit a kitten if they saw what most Arfcommers keep in the "little safe".

View Quote

Safe hell,  walk in my bedroom while I'm reading Arfcom...   Lolol

My headboard snickers at that load out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Jack Bauer hunts down the evil President Logan

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Body armor?  Where?
View Quote

Probably the Multicam shotgun sheath.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Parallel construction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like the ar has a pistol lower.  

Thank GOD they stopped that .50 cal tactical bottle opener.  

The whole "stopped for a broken windshield" thing is pure bullshit.

Parallel construction.
That's the first thing I thought.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Uh....why am I thinking a couple of arfcommers were headed for a range trip and got on the wrong highway?
View Quote

Exactly what I thought!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't worry with the recent supreme Court ruling it's probably a good enough reason to conduct a previously illegal search.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pulled over for a cracked windshield?   Protect and serve.  

Don't worry with the recent supreme Court ruling it's probably a good enough reason to conduct a previously illegal search.

The cracked windshield is the publicly stated excuse.  You can bet the cracked windshield is NOT why they were pulled over.  They were either side-radar scanned, or were profiled from bumper stickers, or were already being watched for shenanigans.  They appear to be "in your face", which is fine, unless you are doing something illegal.  The "Heroin" ammo can probably isn't going to help their case.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

every single one of those, is a felony in NY.     In NJ, it's a crime, not sure which type(?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

every single one of those, is a felony in NY.     In NJ, it's a crime, not sure which type(?)

Worse than kid-diddling, iirc
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Answered
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cracked windshield lead to a search of the vehicle that magically discovered body armor and long rifles.  

I dunno...any more, I question the validity of just about everything gun related, especially if it comes from the media.
View Quote

This reminds me of the people who have forty pounds of coke or 12 dead hookers in the trunk, and get pulled over for rolling a stop sign or not using a blinker.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]

What does the "America" 9mm mag go into?  The AR appears to be .223, and that mag doesn't look to match any of the pistols...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

this plus

their vehicle, described by a law enforcement source as a "jacked up SUV."

plus this

An officer saw the weapons in plain view on the passenger side of the vehicle.

I'm guessing some dumb-ass hillbillies on a mission from God.

"Come on Cooter, Elly'Sue, we gots ta go save Edna'Jean"
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
What's that at the top right that Heroine Dealer? Looks like an ammo can.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Cracked windshield. Yeah, that's it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Screen names?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh boy.

Well, at least it isn't terrorism but does sounds like some weapons grade stupidity involved.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
If there is just a scintilla of justice in this world it's a NYC news crew on their way to make an anti gun hit piece.

I know, not likely but hey.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
this plus
plus this

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

this plus

their vehicle, described by a law enforcement source as a "jacked up SUV."

plus this

An officer saw the weapons in plain view on the passenger side of the vehicle.

These guys?  

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They are calling those ski goggles "night vision goggles"

http://media.nbcnewyork.com/images/652*367/holland+weapons+arrest.jpg
View Quote

That's a weapons cache?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh boy.

Well, at least it isn't terrorism but does sounds like some weapons grade stupidity involved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.

If that's true - they're screwed.  And my sympathy went from maybe a little, to pretty much zero.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like the ar has a pistol lower.  

Thank GOD they stopped that .50 cal tactical bottle opener.  

The whole "stopped for a broken windshield" thing is pure bullshit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, or what I keep under the tools in the toolbox in the bed of my truck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm trying to work out a shooting weekend this week and I guarantee you I'll have more with me if I go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take more than that on a normal range trip by myself.

Also is owning tactical vests and helmets illegal in NJ?  If not why even mention it, other than shock value.

I'm trying to work out a shooting weekend this week and I guarantee you I'll have more with me if I go.
You bring some of the neatest stuff.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

3 arrested after vehicle search turns up weapons cache, ballistic vests

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/21/3-arrested-after-vehicle-search-turns-up-weapons-cache-ballistic-vests.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Three people were arrested when police discovered a weapons cache and ballistic vests in a vehicle on the New Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel on Tuesday, officials told NBC4.

Authorities arrested two men in their 50s and a woman in her 30s after finding multiple loaded long-range weapons, handguns, ballistic vests and a camouflage helmet in the vehicle.

The trio, who may be from Pennsylvania, was initially stopped for a cracked windshield. A search of the vehicle turned up the weapons.

The Joint Terrorism Task Force is assisting the investigation, a source told NBC4.

View Quote

damn Mennonites.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Just FYI...

You are allowed to stay in NYC, for up to 24 hours, with any long gun. Even a long gun that NYC defines as an "assault weapon."

Just needs to be locked and unloaded, separate from ammo etc.

Handguns - no. Can't stop in NYC with any handgun unless you have a NYC pistol permit.

ETA: You will still get arrested if you have a long gun in NYC and no long gun permit. But it's not illegal, and you could sue. Just make sure you can prove when you entered NYC and when you were planning to leave. Has to be within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Gov plant to further gun ban agenda!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
so, whats the issue?  Im not up to date on what is or isn't legal in various states but it seems to me like they could just be going to or coming from a gun range?  

feel like theres a lot to this story that isn't out yet.....

edit - its both scary and sad what differences being in another state makes.   Here in Texas (and many other states) this would be a pretty regular thing, yet in New Jersey they are being investigated by the joint terrorist task force......

View Quote

No lie. Up in NJ/ NY, cops are to be avoided for the most part. Down here, people are likely to borrow cleaning supplies from 'em at the range. I couldn't live up there....
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder if the drugs were intended as "bait" or trade, to get the heroine junkie friend to leave with them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#34]
That photo needs more rubber bullets (foam ear plugs) and maybe even a rpg (butplug)
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"The Joint Terrorism Task Force?" There isn't any terrorism in this country. I think these people were just on their way to the range and made a wrong turn.
View Quote

The way the FAMs clamored and salivated for the few openings on JTTF positions, you'd think it was WWfucking3 going on right now.

Truth is, it's a gig that's a LOT easier than working for a living. Ain't much going on in the States that qualifies as *actual* terrorism. That is, compared to a LOT of other locales.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My headboard snickers at that load out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My headboard snickers at that load out

I honestly did not know that we were supposed to have a headboard loadout, gonna rectify that tonight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"The Joint Terrorism Task Force?" There isn't any terrorism in this country. I think these people were just on their way to the range and made a wrong turn.
View Quote

Joint hate crimes task force. Orlando was because of homophobia
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not going to help their case in court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with the box that says Heroin dealer on it?

Bet you a dollar it's a decal that says "shoot your local heroin dealer".
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with the box that says Heroin dealer on it?

Which is still pretty detrimental to any defense they have to offer, so far.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#41]
3 pages and no one pointed out the backwards bullet in the pistol mag on the lower right. That's the real crime here, or it's just an HK.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
3 pages and no one pointed out the backwards bullet in the pistol mag on the lower right. That's the real crime here, or it's just an HK.
View Quote

it's not backwards
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Half the time, I walk around with more than what's seen in that photo.

Seriously, though... so what?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#44]
wasnt me. they are fucked tho
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#45]
In some states an empty gun and loaded mag in the trunk can be considered a loaded gun even if it's not in the gun.  Stupid but it gives them an excuse to say their transport was illegal.

Afcommer on range trip got caught with a loaded mag in trunk in NYC doesn't get the same clicks as the current headline.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
50BMG bottle opener?
View Quote

High capacity?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice .50 BMG bottle opener.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Push knives  are designed only for killing. Get them off our streets.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Gotta be a screen name for these characters. If I wasn't so lazy I'd crawl through the 200-page AR Pistol Picture thread to see who.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stippled Pmags...

Screen name?
View Quote

hehehe

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top