Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2016 9:34:42 AM EDT
http://abcnews.go.com/US/nj-man-claims-kicked-off-flight-overweight/story?id=38177822

A New Jersey bookstore manager claims he was kicked off his United Airlines flight on Tuesday for being overweight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Kevin Smith got kicked off again?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.  There is no way that guy fits in one seat without flabalanching all over his neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
“The supervisor actually said it was not her fault or the company’s fault,” Narvaez says. “It was my fault, basically, for being overweight.”
View Quote

He gets it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no problem with that having spent more than one flight nestled in the warm sticky malodorous folds of Adipose Annie.

He probably just got bitchy though.  You can be bitchy if you're attractive but nobody likes a bitch fatty.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me guess,

Special Snowflake bought 1 ticket, took up TWO seats.

Amazing he doesn't have enough money to buy TWO seats, but can eat the caloric intake of 3-4 people every day. "I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR A SECOND TICKET, I SPENT $600 ON STARBUCKS LAST WEEK .... :(" #Fatpeopleproblems
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Once off the plane, Narvaez says, he was first told he could pay $117 to buy a second seat on a flight six hours later. But United then gave him a second seat, free of charge, on that later flight.
View Quote

Sounds like the airline accommodated him just fine. All 385lbs of him.

If you're that big, you need to buy seats accordingly. Like, two of them, or business class. I'm almost 150lbs lighter than that guy, and even I am right at the limit for a coach seat.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
fat is a disability now. i fully expect federal law making it illegal to make fat people buy 2 seats... etc...

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He gets it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The supervisor actually said it was not her fault or the company’s fault,” Narvaez says. “It was my fault, basically, for being overweight.”

He gets it.

SOMEBODY ACTUALLY ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY, AND ADMIT THEY CAUSED THE PROBLEM ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Let me guess,

Amazing he doesn't have enough money to buy TWO seats, but can eat the caloric intake of 3-4 people every day. "I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR A SECOND TICKET, I SPENT $600 ON STARBUCKS LAST WEEK .... :(" #Fatpeopleproblems

View Quote
Yes I quoted myself.

This is why Airlines should weigh passengers AND luggage together and give a per-person cap before you add extra cost for extra weight.

EACH PASSENGER is allotted 250lbs for themselves, carry-ons, and Luggage. And +$2 per pound over.

Guess what, you weigh 120? Awesome, have 130lbs of luggage for FREE.

You weigh 358lbs? Plus you have 100lbs or luggage? OUCH, that's gonna sting your pocket fatty. An extra 208lbs is gonna run you $416 dollars in "FREIGHT" charges. Have a nice flight Fatass.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
If he needs two seat to sit. How does he use an airliners shitter?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you're that big, you need to buy seats accordingly. Like, two of them, or business class. I'm almost 150lbs lighter than that guy, and even I am right at the limit for a coach seat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Once off the plane, Narvaez says, he was first told he could pay $117 to buy a second seat on a flight six hours later. But United then gave him a second seat, free of charge, on that later flight.

if its a half empty flight.... i dont care if they take up 2 seats, as long as there is plenty of empty seats. ....... but if its a full flight, and their lard will be hanging out into the isle, and all over the guy next to them, taking up someones elses paid for space..... then yes.. they SHOULD be required to buy two seats.... just like if your carry on bag is too damn big, it has to be put in the cargo hold... you cant just stuff it into the overhead compartment, and leave 18" of duffle bag hanging out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He gets it.

No dude, *I* am 'overweight' at 6' ~200 and 23 BMI.  You, are morbidly obese at 6'(?) 385.  But at least there's the beginning of accepting responsibility.

I guess he'd be "curvy" if he were filling out an online dating profile.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#14]

THIS.  Very convenient they'd film it right next to a treadmill.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Ha! nice photo op with the treadmill in the background. That is probably the first time that thing hasn't been used as a clothes rack in years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Good. Should happen all the time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Buy two seats and sit in the back, fatty
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Better luck ruining other passengers flights next time fatty.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Fatties gonna fat
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hover, aim, dump, clean up with baby wipes, all the TP and all the paper towels.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good.  There is no way that guy fits in one seat without flabalanching all over his neighbors.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ha! nice photo op with the treadmill in the background. That is probably the first time that thing hasn't been used as a clothes rack in years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah. He uses it all the time to run experiments based on internet threads. There's a box of magnets next to it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#25]
good.
dont be fat
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kevin Smith got kicked off again?
View Quote

You'd think he would have learned after the first incident.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Fat people get zero sympathy from me.  Drop the Mtn Dew and cheeseburger and take your fat ass outside.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#28]
In all fairness, the airlines have reduced the seat width by 2-3". My shoulders barely fit within the seat width, and I'm not overweight
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Perhaps if Mr. Creosote jogged to his destination....
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Your luggage can be overweight and you are charged for it.

He was over diameter.  They don't weigh the passengers, though they should.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No dude, *I* am 'overweight' at 6' ~200 and 23 BMI.  You, are morbidly obese at 6'(?) 385.  But at least there's the beginning of accepting responsibility.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He gets it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hover, aim, dump, clean up with baby wipes, all the TP and all the paper towels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC someone posted once about some whale that lived in their apartment complex... fat guy admitted he could not wipe his own ass.... so he would go get into the apartment complex hot tub, and let it wash his ass clean for him.  said poster was asking advice on what to do / how to report him, etc.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think that's a serve yourself food ordering kiosk.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Too fat to fly?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

IIRC someone posted once about some whale that lived in their apartment complex... fat guy admitted he could not wipe his own ass.... so he would go get into the apartment complex hot tub, and let it wash his ass clean for him.  said poster was asking advice on what to do / how to report him, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nasty. Hot tubs aren't like swimming pools with filters etc, the water stays in one small container.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
fat is a disability now. i fully expect federal law making it illegal to make fat people buy 2 seats... etc...

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/Obese_zpsylx6noxr.png
View Quote

Good God that's a huge person.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Was he the governor of the state ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Airlines should have passenger gauges just like for carry-ons.

Base ticket price + price per pound above base + 2nd seat price for failure to fit through gauge = final ticket price.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#40]
He should of pulled the race card

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He gets it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]
The next time he should take the train.  Box and cattle cars are quite spacious.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#43]

First person I thought of.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yes I quoted myself.  

This is why Airlines should weigh passengers AND luggage together and give a per-person cap before you add extra cost for extra weight.

EACH PASSENGER is allotted 250lbs for themselves, carry-ons, and Luggage. And +$2 per pound over.

You weigh 358lbs? Plus you have 100lbs or luggage? OUCH, that's gonna sting your pocket fatty. An extra 208lbs is gonna run you $416 dollars in "FREIGHT" charges. Have a nice flight Fatass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me guess,

Yes I quoted myself.  

I've always said each passenger should step on a cattle scale at check in just like luggage is weighed. Then as you go through the X-ray machine it has a body odor and too much F'ing cologne/perfume identifier. Those that fail have to go to the shower! Nasty smelly fat bodies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#45]
They can do that to a Governor?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Good. It needs to happen much more often.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#47]
obviously the treadmill shown in the video isn't being used
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/nj-man-claims-kicked-off-flight-overweight/story?id=38177822

A New Jersey bookstore manager claims he was kicked off his United Airlines flight on Tuesday for being overweight.
View Quote

The should fly as air freight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They can do that to a Governor?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In all fairness, the airlines have reduced the seat width by 2-3". My shoulders barely fit within the seat width, and I'm not overweight
View Quote

This, I think I have a pretty average shoulder width and I'm taking up neighbor's space.  Ass fits in the seat, shoulders protrude on either side.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top