Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you guys talking about? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, I'd be interested in an HK243, but I don't know about this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TFB is a communist blog.

It's a place for blue-dog gun owners/corrupt-cops...

...to enjoy the freedoms they are denying to the next generation of slaves.
Their recent contributions/content has been... interesting. To say the least.
It's as pro-gun as the Soviet Olympic Shooting Sports Team
No Politics (speech against the Party) tovarisch!
What are you guys talking about? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, I'd be interested in an HK243, but I don't know about this.
We were talking about the blog that OP referenced

It's a left-wing gun website that pretends to be neutral.

.... a place for leftist's who were raised by pro-gun parents and still have some residual gun culture left in them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does it have the bullshit trunnions of the G36?
View Quote
Unlike the 243, this one supposedly has the new G36 improvements.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

.... a place for leftist's who were raised by pro-gun parents and still have some residual gun culture left in them.
View Quote
Is that so? Can you point to data? Would seriously boycott them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks melty.
View Quote
US Capital police stopped using their G36s when the temperature change from morning to afternoon caused them to lose zero.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh, well cool, HK is building their plant so maybe we will see these sometime in the next decade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
So you have the 19 " version

And the 14 " NFA..k version..

Christ on a bike..
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-sbr-w-10-barrel/
https://i.imgur.com/LVhvhkz.png

Also the 16" version is out of stock currently, but its been consistently at that same price for months while in stock.
View Quote
by all accounts, that's a pretty good weapon.

despite it looks like it was caught while fishing 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This would have been much cooler 13 years ago when the AWB sunset... but late is better than never I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If its H&K its going to be stupid expensive.

ARs' are the lowest they'll ever get in price now.

This is dumb as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a writer/editor who advocated keeping the NFA. Has an NFA collection he doesn't want to see become valueless. That fiasco was well documented.

They're in my news reader so I see 99% of what they publish. I'm not going through hundreds of articles, but it comes out when staff comments in the comments. Also political discussion only gets shut down when it's politics they don't like. Plenty of Rus propaganda posters in comments. Recent change in contributors especially from overseas.

A couple of their writers are members here. They don't seem like bad guys. It went especially downhill when they got bought out. All this doesn't even touch their total lack of grammar/spelling editing, going to bat for/supporting the wrong parties in industry drama/lawsuits, and failure to post corrections in articles when stuff is factually incorrect. In response to the spelling errors they always have some excuse how they can't catch everything, meanwhile I follow many other large outfits with no such problems. That said they do have a good volume of news with more information, information, and civilian products than say Soldier Systems Daily.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This
Quoted:
Looks too different from a G36 to excite me 
And this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They have a writer/editor who advocated keeping the NFA. Has an NFA collection he doesn't want to see become valueless. That fiasco was well documented.

They're in my news reader so I see 99% of what they publish. I'm not going through hundreds of articles, but it comes out when staff comments in the comments. Also political discussion only gets shut down when it's politics they don't like. Plenty of Rus propaganda posters in comments. Recent change in contributors especially from overseas.

A couple of their writers are members here. They don't seem like bad guys. It went especially downhill when they got bought out. All this doesn't even touch their total lack of grammar/spelling editing, going to bat for/supporting the wrong parties in industry drama/lawsuits, and failure to post corrections in articles when stuff is factually incorrect. In response to the spelling errors they always have some excuse how they can't catch everything, meanwhile I follow many other large outfits with no such problems. That said they do have a good volume of news with more information, information, and civilian products than say Soldier Systems Daily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently not, since every time I ask for someone to post some evidence of the former contributor that actually says what you claim they said, noo ne can provide anything, except some mythical 4chan post from years ago that no longer exist.

That being said, the quality of their content has gone down in my opinion, and its a lot more clickbait bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Alex C stopped being a writer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Says the rifle is 8.5 lbs and ugly as sin. Wouldn't pay HK prices for something I'd be ashamed to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apparently not, since every time I ask for someone to post some evidence of the former contributor that actually says what you claim they said, noo ne can provide anything, except some mythical 4chan post from years ago that no longer exist.

That being said, the quality of their content has gone down in my opinion, and its a lot more clickbait bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specific examples aside

Even their slogan should send chills down your spine

"Firearms not politics"

Hmm, I wonder what the political views are of 90+% of gun owners?

It's clearly a jab at us.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yo dawg, I heard you like things with boots on them, so I made you a gun with a boot on it from a country that looks like a boot.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
P(robably) plastic trunion
Proprietary mags
Non-replaceable grip

Can't find any answer to "Why would I buy this?" other than "It says HK on the side."

I thought the G36 was the cat's ass.

...17 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Get our new HK 233 now for the low, low price of $12000!  Put in your order today!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So you have the 19 " version

And the 14 " NFA..k version..

Christ on a bike..
View Quote
Because HK hates you
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If I want a big plastic piece of shit, I'll buy an ARX100 for $900. People seem to like theirs. And it's Mexico approved.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/Beretta_ARX-160%2C_Interpolitex_2012.jpg/1200px-Beretta_ARX-160%2C_Interpolitex_2012.jpg
View Quote
I love this gun....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Came in the thread to post this.  Make the trunnion out of aluminum or steel, i'd be interested. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link to big plastic piece of shit for $900?
View Quote
Bought my plastic piece of shit at Academy in TX for $875.00
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing to do with 4chan, and he only left them as a writer at the end of last year to go write about cars, which he can hopefully drive better than he shoots.

"On a side note, many say “MGs aren’t an investment. Don’t put a lot of money into them.”Well, this is absolute unfettered BS. My machineguns have appreciated faster than any of my other investments by a large margin. Some people see guns as tools, and some see them as collectibles. I am somewhere in the middle.As I mentioned above, be weary of the attourneys championing these lawsuits."

Comment from douche Alex C: "I can assure you that my meager Machinegun collection represents a tiny portion of my portfolio and the overturn of the ban would not be enough to affect my financial situation."

Spelling errors and all.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/12/machinegun-ban-will-not-go-away/#comments

"No Politics!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Heckler & Koch G36K / SL8-1 Conversion Overview

Look at the grip. Looks pretty similar to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Specific examples aside

"Firearms not politics"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specific examples aside

"Firearms not politics"

I hate to break it to you, but the world does not revolve around arfcom.  Perhaps they just don't want to wade into the political minefield that is 2nd amendment politics and piss people off.  But hey, its much more fun to be a victim, I get it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nothing to do with 4chan, and he only left them as a writer at the end of last year to go write about cars, which he can hopefully drive better than he shoots.

"On a side note, many say “MGs aren’t an investment. Don’t put a lot of money into them.”Well, this is absolute unfettered BS. My machineguns have appreciated faster than any of my other investments by a large margin. Some people see guns as tools, and some see them as collectibles. I am somewhere in the middle.As I mentioned above, be weary of the attourneys championing these lawsuits."

Comment from douche Alex C: "I can assure you that my meager Machinegun collection represents a tiny portion of my portfolio and the overturn of the ban would not be enough to affect my financial situation."

Spelling errors and all.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/12/machinegun-ban-will-not-go-away/#comments

"No Politics!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"
Hmm, TFB taking the left wing view on a gun-ban.

Yep, not suspicious in the slightest.

100% sure TFB is owned by leftist's who know young gun enthusiasts tend to become republican (and want to stop that)
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Meh.
Shit reduX of a shit design.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"
So where exactly does he say to keep the NFA?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"
View Quote
HK G36 Accuracy Problems Put To The Test
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#31]
HK rifles went to shit after the roller locks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"
"be weary of the attourneys championing these lawsuits."

He's referring to cases that challange the NFA

He's using right wing lingo for a left wing cause.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#33]
It's pretty fucking bad when a stock SL8 looks better than your new POS.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spelling errors and all.

"No Politics!"

How is that an endorsement of the NFA?

He's actually referring to Nolo, and Nolo actually called him and had a discussion, which resulted in an addendum to the article.  Did you not read the whole article?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Basically it's a G36 with a rail mounted handguard, and IDZ profile rail with built in buis. Also it has an IDZ Stock.

Here is the thing, it doesn't look like the optic rail or handguard is removable..
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They should just import a G36C pistol
View Quote
They can't.  Our import laws + their export laws + the German army technically owning the G36 = no easy civilian US imports. 

That's why we got the SL8 several years ago.  

Am I crazy or is that a one piece "upper" on it?  Looks like that weird handguard and rail looks molded right into the receiver.  F that. 

Tell ya what, make the upper a simpler aluminum extrusion...you'd likely have a cheap rifle, a better quality and a better selling rifle.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They can't.  Our import laws + their export laws + the German army technically owning the G36 = no easy civilian US imports. 

That's why we got the SL8 several years ago.  

Am I crazy or is that a one piece "upper" on it?  Looks like that weird handguard and rail looks molded right into the receiver.  F that. 

Tell ya what, make the upper a simpler aluminum extrusion...you'd likely have a cheap rifle, a better quality and a better selling rifle.  
View Quote
As much as I like people giving HK shit, Germany's export laws are seriously fucked up, and they got burned pretty hard in the past.  I believe they got left holding the bag after one of the import bans and that soured their mood for the US market.  I honestly can't blame them too much for not imported the G36.

I would like to see some HK rifles here, but not at the price they are demanding.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but the world does not revolve around arfcom.  Perhaps they just don't want to wade into the political minefield that is 2nd amendment politics and piss people off.  But hey, its much more fun to be a victim, I get it.
View Quote
Except they do wade into politics..but only political issues of their liking and don't YOU dare bring up political view that are different than theirs..
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Except they do wade into politics..but only political issues of their liking and don't YOU dare bring up political view that are different than theirs..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that makes them a bunch of leftist?

Hypocrites?  Sure, but that is not the claim they are making against them.

If TFB went away tomorrow it wouldn't bother me one bit, but it amazes me that we are so willing to throw stones with nothing more than supposition and feelings.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Think I'll wait for the 433...knowing HK, it'll come to market fully neutered in 12 years. 

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#41]
If this does come to USA, I'm actually curious if it has anything to do with the German military finally moving on from the G36.

From what I've read, the German government holds the rights to the rifle that is produced for their military. With the HK433 starting to be pushed into their ranks, this would free up the G36 for production to civilian hands.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn that buttstock is hideous.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#43]
To 'French' looking, I'm not sure the ammo would take it seriously.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like smashed dogshit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There is a new rifle fron HK which seems like a G36 variant. Maybe they are preparing for an US market version???

TFB HK 233 report
View Quote

Nice job missing that boat H&K, LOL.

They should have had this thing available at the same time the G36 was out. They'd have sold tons of them if the price were right.

Now, everyone knows the G36 is crap (It really is, I have a Tbostic version and prefer the AR).

Now I might be talked into one if I could get the fish furniture.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

US Capital police stopped using their G36s when the temperature change from morning to afternoon caused them to lose zero.
View Quote
  This is a complete and total crock.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specific examples aside

"Firearms not politics"

Naive

The biggest weakness of the right, we always assume the best in people.

Piss who off? Leftist's?

TFB is an anti gunners dream, making the gun community go inactive politically....

.... And preventing young gun enthusiasts from becoming right wing.

The net result is clear.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, thanks. I'll take 5 fish guns for the same price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Naive

Piss who off? Leftist's?

TFB is an anti gunners dream, making the gun community go inactive politically....

The net result is clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specific examples aside

"Firearms not politics"

Naive

Piss who off? Leftist's?

The net result is clear.
Bingo. Control the conversation control the outcome.

You'd be stupid to think their hypocrisy is meaningless. They've always displayed a particular pattern, in addition to their recent changes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You'd be stupid to think their hypocrisy is meaningless. They've always displayed a particular pattern, in addition to their recent changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specific examples aside

"Firearms not politics"

Naive

Piss who off? Leftist's?

The net result is clear.

Yup, hence the whole Leftist-to-English dictionary

Low Taxes : Trickle Down
Equal Rights : Heteronormativity
Truth : Hate
Logic : Bigotry
Preference : Homophobia
Freedom : Capitalism

Etc...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top