Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 39
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn it's taking forever for my new avatar to kick in.
View Quote

Shift + F5

It'll take a while for all individual users to see it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, I like the new feature of highlighting the OP. It would be nice if it continued in the quote trees as well. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Shift + F5

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shift + F5

S7 chrome browser...I do not have this option.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you fix the "my topics" button so that it shows what your topics are in the general section?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you fix the "my topics" button so that it shows what your topics are in the general section?
View Quote

I kinda like having them all show as the default. 
You can select general to filter after if you'd like. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shift + F5

Click the three dots in the top right of your browser, then History. Clear Browsing Data. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's just goofy and should never happen. What device is it happening on and browser choice? Also, what exactly happens. Please provide details so I can try to fix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for the progress . Now if you can do something about getting randomly switched to the mobile site . 

That's just goofy and should never happen. What device is it happening on and browser choice? Also, what exactly happens. Please provide details so I can try to fix.

Had this just happen.

iPhone 6s+ 9.3.5
Safari

Was on the full site. Went to another page in a thread and it switched to mobile. When I navigated back to the main list of threads in GD it switched back to the full site. I could not recreate this issue again though.

On a different note I've seen others post about this and I've posted it too.

When going to the full site I have to pinch zoom out to see the entire page. Each navigation to a new page I have to pinch zoom out each time.

If I post a reply like this one I had to pinch zoom out after hitting submit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The subscription drop down could be made a little wider, the text mixes with the arrow.

Maybe add .png to the list of image types allowed (and put the whole thing below the subscriptions drop down)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Click the three dots in the top right of your browser, then History. Clear Browsing Data. Enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shift + F5

You're a pimp
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:26:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're a pimp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shift + F5

You're a pimp

It ain't easy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#11]
What about bringing the old active topic page back. Where the active topic page would review all sections of the site not just one.  Sometimes I would find an interesting topic in reloading and sometimes in GD. I miss the old active topic page.  Otherwise great update.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not getting email notifications.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The "link to post" could be put right next to "bookmark".
View Quote

Where the hell is bookmark?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Cannot delete mentions. No confirmation, nothing.  Works fine on IMs, though. Also not seeing any errors in the console. Like the JS is not being evaluated at all. 

Ubuntu 16.04, Chrome 54.0.2840.100 (64-bit)
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I spend most of my Arfcom time on my phone, on LTE. I have 2 GB of data per month.

I LOVED the mobile site. No avatars, no sig lines, auto line breaks for vertical/horizontal modes, it was great.

Now, the new site just looks fucking busy on my iPhone. Please bring back the old mobile site.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not getting email notifications.
View Quote

Neither am I.

Also, membership upgrade descriptions are all the same.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Please fix this stuff with thread titl
es.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Feedback rating number explicitly stated should make a comeback, imo.  helps to figure out who has been here a long time, and/or has skin in the game, who is honest, etc.

again, my opinion.  a 75% "good" feedback percentage netting you a green score isn't terribly useful, if i can say so without offending.

FWIW, i liked the dropdowns, & was having no problems w/ the layout.  couldn't figure out why people were bitching so much about having trouble figuring out the navigation.

thanks for all you do, Goatboy

ETA: i think the @ mention thing is very cool, & a great idea.
View Quote

Everything this man says!!! 75% is a shit rating, green should be 95% and up, preferrably just a % would be best, no time for bs..

Thanks GB, really..you are the man!

Oh, i dont understand the @, cuz im an old fart, anyone have cliff notes??
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just because you have 2 icons, does not mean more wont be available soon!

One of the new "features" allows us to reward people for anything. I'll give you an example that will go live soon (after site is fixed up for everyone!), we want to improve our gun pr0n on instagram, so we will be creating an instagram badge for anyone who lets us share their photo and gets selected to be shared. The more photos we use from the same individual, the icon will gain in prominence. The goal is to be able to share with the firearm community while at the same time rewarding people here for just doing what they love.
View Quote

Why not put it down with the reply/quote/edit/etc buttons?  I've always wondered why it wasn't always down there, actually.  Since it's a similar sort of task, it seems to be the most logical place and wouldn't take up any extra vertical space.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Good job moving the report button to the far right, too many times I ended up almost reporting someone
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good job moving the report button to the far right, too many times I ended up almost reporting someone
View Quote

Not it will just get hit when a person goes for 'Next Page'. Sucks to be the last post on the page! 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84914/Drawing-99442.jpeg

Lol, you found a glitch in the Matrix...that button doesn't exist on my screen at all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol, you found a glitch in the Matrix...that button doesn't exist on my screen at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84914/Drawing-99442.jpeg

Not on mine either.

Also the YouTube vids are off the screen to the right on mobile version.

I like the full version, just wish I didn't have to pinch to make the screen full after every new page.

I'm on a iPhone 6.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I like how quotes are expandable, but it only seems to work well for larger posts. The fade effect makes it very difficult to read one or two line quotes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That should not be happening after tonight. It may be a cached page issue, but not sure how to refresh on a phone... close and reopen the tab?

What phone make/model is it?
View Quote
Samsung Galaxy s4. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Just logged in, there have been some major improvements made since yesterday.

Really liking the new format now that some tweaks have been made to fonts, spacing, Active Topics/Subscriptions buttons etc.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Will the "active topics" ever go back to having the different board categories separated? Like it was previously? General discussion first, then industry, rifles, handguns, ak-47, armory etc... it also allowed more pages and results. This combined view does not allow for one to view multiple specific sections at the same time.
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#33]
My droid m is still cutting off part of the videos. Yeah I know I need a new phone.
Attachment Attached File

I cand scroll over.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Still looks messed up in mobile view. And I can't scroll over to view the rest of your text. 

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300501/IMG-1025-99420.JPG
View Quote

this is what i get mobile too

Its been my only complaint since the update.  I love the new site.  Even more with the stuff you've fixed that I didn't realize needed fixing.   Its quite enjoyable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Still just on my iPhone this morning but what an improvement! This might just end up "better" after all. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I really like this feature.  Condensing long quotes with an 'Expand' option makes perfect sense.

Also, thanks for moving the 'Report' button!  And cleaning up the big empty spaces helps a lot.  Well done!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

FEEDBACK NOTE!!!!!

In case you missed it in my first post. The icons represent feedback and if you mouse over for a sec, will tell you the score. (% good and total sales count) It was the only way to get it in without giving up space and it's a nice quick way to see it. Anyone with no feedback shows gray. Green is good to go! Red means they somehow avoided getting banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In mobile view I see the the dollar sign for EE feedback but it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to do anything? Like display the number if I tap it?

also still no blue busted face guy in mobile view and now waving guy available either. 

FEEDBACK NOTE!!!!!

In case you missed it in my first post. The icons represent feedback and if you mouse over for a sec, will tell you the score. (% good and total sales count) It was the only way to get it in without giving up space and it's a nice quick way to see it. Anyone with no feedback shows gray. Green is good to go! Red means they somehow avoided getting banned.

How do we see it on an iPhone or Ipad?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm still on desktop on my iPad. Spacing is much better. Battery life is improving, but I'm not tracking data.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I keep hitting report on iPad due to it sitting on top of next page.

Why was it moved there? Lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#40]
@GoatBoy

My mobile still looks like a 10lb bag of dicks...pic for example. Inside of threads doesn't look much better. I will post a screenshot.
HTC M9 Android 6.0 with chrome browser.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Not sure what the hell the stuff by the username is? Looks like some are on top of others???

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#42]
1:  Please get rid of the condensed quotes in posts.  Please make it so we don't have to click on "view quote" just to read the quotes.  It should be like the old site where it's limited to 5 quote blocks and they are always displayed

2:  You can put the 'link to post' at the bottom of posts near the "Report" button

3:  Spacing is still wonky.   The Posting date and time bar, and the User Info/Reply/Quote/Report bar seem to just move around where ever they want to in each post...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I spend most of my Arfcom time on my phone, on LTE. I have 2 GB of data per month.

I LOVED the mobile site. No avatars, no sig lines, auto line breaks for vertical/horizontal modes, it was great.

Now, the new site just looks fucking busy on my iPhone. Please bring back the old mobile site.
View Quote

Absolutely this!

Doing away with avatars would be as start but what's really needed is better blending the colors (not having a large dark bar then a light text field) and greatly reducing the size of the bar with the username.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Still having an issue with an unread mention being deleted that shows as a notification.

Other than that I'm liking the update.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Thus far, everything I hated has been fixed.  

If I notice anything else, I'll continue my silence and will embrace the suck.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I have an issue viewing threads with my touchscreen laptop. Chrome on win10.

For example, I am on "Page 1 of 10" of the thread and I tap the down arrow to expose the list of pages (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). When I tap on the page number I want to go to it redirects to ar15.com (main page).

If I use my touchpad instead of touchscreen it works fine and proceeds to the page in the thread that I selected.

Touchscreen worked fine in the old site.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Intermittent switching to mobile from full site view just started happening on my Motorola Turbo 2 with Chrome.  Have not tried with other browsers yet.  No rhyme or reason that I can tell.  I click on a topic or toggle back and it's in mobile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for the progress . Now if you can do something about getting randomly switched to the mobile site . 

Intermittent switching to mobile from full site view just started happening on my Motorola Turbo 2 with Chrome.  Have not tried with other browsers yet.  No rhyme or reason that I can tell.  I click on a topic or toggle back and it's in mobile.

This is also happening to me in Safari on an iPhone 6S with iOS 10.1.1
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Still incredibly laggy. Maybe for older computers, but we all can't afford the latest, greatest, (or even semi-great) hot shit computers.

I literally can type out this sentence, and maybe the first 2 words show in the post box when I'm finished.

I can actually see each character come up on the screen as I wait for the rest

Is there no way to optimize the site for faster loading?

ETA: this is with a 52ms ping and 33mbs connection, so it's not my internet.....and other sites aren't affected
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Still would like Active Topicsa page separated into sections on the same page by forum, ie, General, industry, ar, ak, armory, etc.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top