Mandrake

Teddy Bear

Witch Doctor
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People still use CBs?

When I was a kid I picked up the mic in our old Gold Key International and said "shit" (new word I had just learned and I thought it was funny as hell). Well growing up where I did every blood farmer within radio range knew exactly who it was and got around to hassling my father about it for years so everyone in town knew the story, the jokes still come up from time to time 20 years later.

Most of us that do 4x4ing use them for truck to truck. works great. Channel 4 16  (4*4)  is the standard 4x4 channel used. That and FRS radios.

Truckers still use them and they are an asset for travelers. I was coming from WV headed back to FL. I was coming thru a part of VA when traffic got piled up. I got on the CB and found out all the info I wanted, where the wreck was (mile marker) , what it was, what exit to take to avoid it, etc etc.
fixed

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Mean Machine
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2m/440/6m/10m/HF

A "handle" is highly frowned upon in those frequencies.

KE7...

So is slang and a little of that twang, come back. <BEEP!>

QSL

QRO, mud duck.

All of you with your echo mics, and roger beeps, and liner apms.....

Get off my HF...

Hellllll O Hellllll O Helllllllllllll O Hellooooooooooooooo

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Dad was "The Green Hornet"

I used it for a bit then someone called me Wrangler so thats what I went by for a while.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
<––––––––still using mine.

A couple of the local Po-Po used to go by Banty Rooster and Sneaky Snake.   There was the infamous White Rabbit north of Dallas.  

Whiskey

Ruptured Duck       Many,many of those.  I remember one cold feburary night traveling west on Texas hwy 11 talking to a base unit that sounded like he was right in front of me. Turned out he was living in a high rise apartment somewhere near downtown Chicago.  Skip could do some strange things.

Cooter

Aggie-whatever

high school mascot whatever
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Stop keying up your cobra and your Astron 99/with ground plain kit on the triple nickle 27.555 freq.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My Dad's was Bigfoot back in the day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My handle was Crazy Bones, but everyone just called me Bones. One friend of mine called himself "The Virgin Surgeon".
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
In my hometown we had two brothers with bases... "One Eyed Jack" and "Whiskey Jack".  Crazy old coots.  Mine was "Egor" until the movie Top Gun came out, then everyone started calling me "Mav" or "Maverick".  
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad was " Bumper Humper "

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember my dad and grandfather talking alot on theirs, my dads name was banana man and my grandfathers was pipe smoker.Can't remember what my grandmothers name was I wish I could.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Gridiron Assassin
Air Boss
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a CB that was laying around unused at my parents, this thread came along at the right time. I'm going with flying squirrel as my new handle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't believe I haven't seen my handle duped in this thread! I am, and have been since 1982...

Gunslinger!

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I remember my dad and grandfather talking alot on theirs, my dads name was banana man and my grandfathers was pipe smoker.Can't remember what my grandmothers name was I wish I could.

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Wompus Cat

Stove Pipe

Swamp Donkey
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lets hear em'

My buddies name was Deathdealer 4-1 (got it in the mil, hes going to the ghan here in the next month) and mine was Sandbagger 6-9.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I actually tried Subnet once, but it doesn't work.

1. It's sometimes hard to hear clearly, with QRM.

2. Most Children's Band participants have dirty minds by default, and aren't IT people, which brings us to...

3. My handle being heard as "Sub-nut".

Finding myself frustrated, I've taken to calling myself "Articulate Mexican". I'm white as hell (Russian and German - I'm Super Whitey), but truckers are the easiest group of persons to rile up in a predictable manner. Articulate Mexican is here to take your job, at half the pay.

If you think trolling online is fun, you ought to try it on the CB.

spent many a night laid over in a truckstop trolling the other truckers.  it can get "interesting" at times.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2m/440/6m/10m/HF

A "handle" is highly frowned upon in those frequencies.

KE7...

So is slang and a little of that twang, come back. <BEEP!>

QSL

QRO, mud duck.

All of you with your echo mics, and roger beeps, and liner apms.....

Get off my HF...

Ain't no THANG, unless you got that SWANG, swang swang swang! Auuuuudio. Auuuuuuuuuuudio!
In all seriousness, I hate it as much or more than you do. I just like tweaking hams. It's really easy.

hahaha.  I still have a Galaxy 99 and a super star base station 10 meter radio that have been "modded" sitting in a box out in the barn somewhere.  used to run a 400 watt texas star linear on the galaxy.

ah, the good ol days.  they tended to get bitchy sometimes when I was chatting with my brother out in California on 26.000mhz.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top