Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i really like mine... up until it broke.

I have had this shotgun about 2 weeks and less then 100 shells through it when it broke.

the threads that the collar threads onto to hold the handguard onto the pump action were seriously jacked up.  I mean i could see day light between the threads.

it took me close to 2 weeks to get ahold of mossbergs customer service, the wait to talk to someone was always over 30 min and i am at work before they open and at work when they close, so waiting til after work was a no go.  

Email - tried that but no response

Finally got off work early one day and got ahold on someone right as they were closing, and of course they said the would fix it but i had to send the pump action in for them to fix or buy a new one. When i asked waht about them sending the new part they said those were my only 2 options take em or leave em.

I have yet to send it out as my i have other shotguns that i can use in the mean time.  

Are you talking about the M590A1?

If so, I have to say "pics or BS."

Yep and here is your pic
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd329/budthedog/100_1631.jpg

I'm not calling you a liar, but you can't see anything in that pic that proves its a M590A1.

Actually, you can see something in that pic that proves it isn't a 590A1. The barrel shroud. The 590A1 has a thicker barrel wall and the Mossberg barrel shroud won't fit on them. It could be a regular 590 though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Big-5 just down the street has them for $349.00.

Not trying to be contentious but I don't think it's the M590A1.

Mossy offers a lot of different models with a fairly wide price range. The M590A1 and Mariner models are more expensive than most others they offer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive seen them for $425 lately...you just gotta look and pounce when you find em.

They are a very solid shotgun. Wish I still had mine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $450 for one last summer. Excellent gun and excellent choice.
A real M590A1 is a tough find right now. Think I heard Mossberg builds them in batches so they're hard to get.
The mil-spec gun has a metal trigger guard, safety button, and the heavy walled barrel w/ ghosts.
It will NOT have a ventilated barrel shroud. The factory shround won't fit on the heavy barrel.

The standard 590 has plastic trigger guard, safety button, and standard barrel. Can be had with ghosts or bead.

Either one is a fine choice.

Don't forget the bayonet!
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had this shotgun about 2 weeks and less then 100 shells through it when it broke.

the threads that the collar threads onto to hold the handguard onto the pump action were seriously jacked up.  I mean i could see day light between the threads.

it took me close to 2 weeks to get ahold of mossbergs customer service, the wait to talk to someone was always over 30 min and i am at work before they open and at work when they close, so waiting til after work was a no go.  

Finally got off work early one day and got ahold on someone right as they were closing, and of course they said the would fix it but i had to send the pump action in for them to fix or buy a new one. When i asked waht about them sending the new part they said those were my only 2 options take em or leave em.

I have yet to send it out as my i have other shotguns that i can use in the mean time.  

Yep and here is your pic

I'm not calling you a liar, but you can't see anything in that pic that proves its a M590A1.

Actually, you can see something in that pic that proves it isn't a 590A1. The barrel shroud. The 590A1 has a thicker barrel wall and the Mossberg barrel shroud won't fit on them. It could be a regular 590 though.

Yeah, it seemed pretty fishy how the M590A1 will last for tens of thousands of rounds for people in the military in poor conditions, but won't make it past 100 rounds for this guy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
the mossberg i have isnt the same one as pictured by the OP but it in fact a 590 with heat shield, i dont know model number so i couldn't tell you.

Reguardless if it has lasted others thousands of rounds this one was broke when i got it and it only took around 70 rounds to find out that it was broke.

I still like it i am just not that pleased with mossbergs CS and am not in a hurry to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
870 FTW.  Better all around shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Damn,  what is Big-5?  I am jealous..
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Best pump-action combat shotgun on the market today, IMO.  I wouldn't call $470 a great deal, but's it's ok.  If I was in the market for one I would buy it at that price, but would try to talk them down a bit first.  They aren't exactly all that easy to find.  Took me a while to find mine.  I think I paid $425 for it about a year ago.

Dont kid yourself, if its pump, its an 870.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mossy offers a lot of different models with a fairly wide price range. The M590A1 and Mariner models are more expensive than most others they offer.

Negative. Advertised as a 590A1 and includes a pic and says it come with the bayonet mount
Remington synth is also there at about 15 bucks less.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative. Advertised as a 590A1 and includes a pic and says it come with the bayonet mount

Remington synth is also there at about 15 bucks less.

That's a deal!

Will they do transfers?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Heatshield does fit with a little manipulation:

...and so does this Surefire Weaponlight (discontinued part# 623A01):

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Unknown.

I have bought surplus rifles there before and they are a bit odd. Not a normal gun shop type odd but more like buying a gun at Macy's or something.
Not to mention the ten day wait.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Nice. I've seen some people say they couldn't get them to stay on firmly. Is yours on there pretty sturdy?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice. I've seen some people say they couldn't get them to stay on firmly. Is yours on there pretty sturdy?

Yes, it's on there nice and tight. The problem was I scratched the barrel when I forced it on:
No big deal.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I paid $400 for mine in 2003.

00 buck at 25 yards

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/botw1/Mossberg590_25ydspattern.jpg

I'm surprised I would of thought it would group tighter than that at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best pump-action combat shotgun on the market today, IMO.  I wouldn't call $470 a great deal, but's it's ok.  If I was in the market for one I would buy it at that price, but would try to talk them down a bit first.  They aren't exactly all that easy to find.  Took me a while to find mine.  I think I paid $425 for it about a year ago.

Dont kid yourself, if its pump, its an 870.

I own both and love both. However the M590A1 is the better weapon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
the mossberg i have isnt the same one as pictured by the OP but it in fact a 590 with heat shield, i dont know model number so i couldn't tell you.

Reguardless if it has lasted others thousands of rounds this one was broke when i got it and it only took around 70 rounds to find out that it was broke.

I still like it i am just not that pleased with mossbergs CS and am not in a hurry to get it fixed.

Well there you go. I asked if it was an M590A1 and you said it was.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]

I really like my 590A1  ,  Found it here on the EE .

SW

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought it. It was at Cabella's so they would not budge on price.

It feels rock solid.

I need the following:

Bayonet
Sling and attachment (traditional or single point - what to get?)
Light mount for my TRL-1

Recomendations??

I did notice that the welding between the front sight, barrel and mag tube is white. Why is it white instead of black?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]

I thought you had to grind off the bayonet lug to mount the light system... did you find a way around that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I thought you had to grind off the bayonet lug to mount the light system... did you find a way around that?

That Surefire weaponlight  (part#623A01) was designed to clear the bayo lug. Surefire no longer makes this model. As you can see in my pic, the light hangs lower than the Surefire forends available now.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#23]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo181/shadow_walker44/590.jpg?t=1238806465

I really like my 590A1  ,  Found it here on the EE .

SW

Nice set up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What makes the 590 better than an 870 with ghost rings?

Well, for starters, this one isn't made by Reming-ton-o-shit.

That always helps.

Quality response.

Indeed, eh?  Only two things I'd  buy these days from them is a 700 or M40.  Those are fine, for the most part.  Seems the shotty division has gone to hell.

Another enlightened response.

Absolutely.  Oh, and you should probably have another drink.

Remington doesnt make the M40, Marines at Quantico do.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and here is your pic

Do you want me to drive over to his house and check for you

I've seen the plastic trigger groups on the cheaper Mossberg's break....

Personally, I'd go for an 870 Police or an FN police shotgun...or even better...a Saiga 12...

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a 590 Persuader 9 shot for 276.00 out the door...
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got a 590 Persuader 9 shot for 276.00 out the door...

I did not know they made a 590 Persuader.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and here is your pic

Personally, I'd go for an 870 Police or an FN police shotgun...or even better...a Saiga 12...

Sure knock yourself out.  It would be a waste of time though since he already said that he made a mistake and it was NOT an M590A1.  Of course if you read the whole thread you would have known that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and here is your pic

Sure knock yourself out.  It would be a waste of time though since he already said that he made a mistake and it was NOT an M590A1.  Of course if you read the whole thread you would have known that.

I actually joined just to set this thread straight... not trying to be... difficult... but there IS a FACTORY Mossberg heat shield for the 590A1's... They're extremely rare, but... whatever. I'd try being a bi t less asshatish before harping on someone.  Just FYI... the P/N is 16335P
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top