User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Op, did /k/ hurt your feelings?
View Quote

Came here to post this! /k/ is 90% Mosins.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BUT

Mosins are fun (because it's a gun, and guns are awesome, and yet we somehow seem to forget that), and they're neat pieces of history that you get to play around with for cheap.
View Quote

Also, because they shoot enormous fireballs, and the carbines are designed such that they're more accurate when the bayonet is fixed than when it's folded.  So you pretty much HAVE to shoot it with a fixed bayonet and how couldn't that put a smile on your face?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Show us on the doll where Sergi touched you OP.

I love people like you when I go into a shop. You are the type of person that will price a Finnish M91 at a 91/30 refurb price. If you are extra stupid you will do the same with a Finn M-24.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like one.... Never  held one in my arms
View Quote
I have, you aren't missing out on much.  
View Quote

Better hold on to it, looks like that is all you be able to have in NY before long....No bayonet of course.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually "Gun Snobs" who hate others for collecting vintage military rifles are the lowest form of gun owners.
Especially Glock Fan-boys.
Just pull the pin and go away.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, now, come on.

The Finnish M39 is a thing of beauty.   Shocking what they were able to do in terms of kludging in a 2 stage trigger on those fuckers.  Love love love those rifles.
View Quote

Yes!

Finn Mosin is best Mosin.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have always considered Mosins to be a way for poor people to have a "collection" of "antique" guns.

Granted they are shitty guns, and the people who collect them live in trailers...but at least it makes them feel good. It is annoying when they try to pass off their shitty guns as being special though.

They are usually owned by the same folks who have SKSs and think they are decent guns
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Mr. Sniper in the red hat looks like he takes naps with his rifle, and he's getting sleepy right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
What people with multiple Mosins mean to me:

People who want a C&R collection but are too cheap to get something better.

If you want something worthy, a Mauser is the best bolt gun durring WWII.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have always considered Mosins to be a way for poor people to have a "collection" of "antique" guns.

Granted they are shitty guns, and the people who collect them live in trailers...but at least it makes them feel good. It is annoying when they try to pass off their shitty guns as being special though.

They are usually owned by the same folks who have SKSs and think they are decent guns
View Quote
Uppity much??

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never understood the fascination with them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I need to buy one of these sometime.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an m44 and it was a blast to shoot. Ran great and was pretty accurate given its age and usage. Fun gun to shoot and back when I bought it I paid a hundo otd with 80 rnds. Want another one since I sold it years ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
the rifle costs a hundred dollars and provides hours of fun and i don't care much it if breaks.

haters gonna hate
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No, gun owners that look down upon other gun owners are the worst
View Quote

[/thread]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Love my War-time production M39 SAKO (has the plug hole in the received for the grease to remove the barrel, pre 1900 receiver). Thing is fun as hell to shoot and is actually decently accurate. Went to the range one day and one of the range officers knew I liked C&Rs and asked if I wanted to buy any Mosins or Enfield. Picked this beauty up for $100, had no clue what it was at the time, later found out I got a sick deal. Not to mention I have 10 other Mosins all different variations. M44 is my favorite for the Shock and Awe factor

Mine:

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

LEE ENFIELD
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Is that fat guy in the red shirt cuddling and making out with his piece of shit rifle?

Look at that giant scope set forward like a scout rifle, how does that work?
I bet he can't hit shit, what a loser...and he is fat.

ETA: lol at ol' "red beard the ridiculous" there on the left with the black powder hogs leg...lol what a goofy looking feller.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe the collector who buys a gun that may well have served during WW2 and killed Germans, feels it is a little more special than the AR15 you just bought at Gander Mountain. Possible?

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]
What a coincidence! Because no one gives a fuck about your opinion.

GO AWAY  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP needs to show me where I can buy an M27rv Cavalry Carbine for $100...

...because the last one I saw at auction went for close to $4k.
View Quote

OP has no idea what that is, but he will give you $50 for it.

ETA, I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Arrogant much?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have multiple Mosins.

They're not the only thing I have, though. IMHO you need at least an M91/30 in your WWII rifle collection, and maybe an M44 too. Finn M39 deserves a place anywhere, they're excellent.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got a carbine mosin - it's good at throwing fire balls and hitting people-sized targets at like 50-100 yards.  Other than that the novelty wears off very quickly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe the collector who buys a gun that may well have served during WW2 and killed Germans, feels it is a little more special than the AR15 you just bought at Gander Mountain. Possible?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I guess its possible that someone "feels" that way...I consider guns tools. I don't buy guns from gander...lol, cost is too high and the tier level is too low.
What's your point?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I own 7 Mosin Nagants. I'm looking to sell four of them. I'll keep my Finns but the rest are up for grabs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would rather have an Enfield of most any flavor instead.

And I own multiple Mausers and Enfields.

I couldn't resist back when those yugo mausers were $80 each though
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Show us on the doll where the bad tomato stake touched you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I've got a carbine mosin - it's good at throwing fire balls and hitting people-sized targets at like 50-100 yards.  Other than that the novelty wears off very quickly.
View Quote
If that's as far as you can hit a man size target with one then you need more practice.... 500 yds is easy...

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#30]
OP if you find a 1919 M91 I'll give you $50.00 for it. I don't really care which manufacturer it is. I'll even spring for the shipping.

BTW....Those 1935/36 dated 91/30s with Made in the USSR stamps on top of the receiver are the worst but since it's you I'll go as high as $40.00.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm a skinflint and I'm always trying to find something cheap that does it's job well, but I just can't get to liking Mosins.  I've got one though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Gun snobs are worse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Nice one, 13er.  

Celebrate diversity and our rich, vibrant, culture OP.  

Quoted:
No, gun owners that look down upon other gun owners are the worst
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If that's as far as you can hit a man size target with one then you need more practice.... 500 yds is easy...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

O_o

Every one i've shot has been about minute of berm at 50-100yds. My Garand, Swiss K31, and Yugo M48 8mm have all been light years more accurate.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Mosins are fun (because it's a gun, and guns are awesome, and yet we somehow seem to forget that), and they're neat pieces of history that you get to play around with for cheap.

I remember when I got my first Mosin from AIM.  It came in a cardboard box that was five fucking feet long, and I ripped it open and my wife yelled at me about getting Cosmoline all over the leather ottoman as I went to take pictures of it.  I was excited, because it was a new gun.  No other reason.

You know how excited you get over a new gun, even if it's a POS.  Of course it's silly, but I know you do it.  You could have a huge collection of machineguns, but I guarantee you that if someone gave you the opportunity to fuck around with a POS gun that you had never had the occasion to fire before, you'd do it.  Because guns are awesome.  Would you take a turn behind a Chauchat?  Fuck yes, you would.  So would I.  I know it has a high probability of sucking - don't care.  It's a gun, and I want to fire it.

There's no such thing as a gun that's too crappy for me to want to own.  Plenty I won't pay for, but to keep around?  Shit, I'll take whatever.  It's a gun, therefore it's awesome.

I have guns to protect myself and my family - everything else is just for fun.  And Mosins are fun.
View Quote

This post had me wanting to yell out, "Fuck yeah! He gets it!"
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I will remember the OP's stupidity next time I am pounding steel at 500 yards with a stock 1838 91/30.

This is my scout Mosin and one of my favorite rifles to shoot.  17" barrel and my own muzzle brake.  Everyone that has shot it loved the experience. It shoots 2 moa with Russian surplus.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I will remember the OP's stupidity next time I am pounding steel at 500 yards with a stock 1838 91/30.

This is my scout Mosin and one of my favorite rifles to shoot.  17" barrel and my own muzzle brake.  Everyone that has shot it loved the experience.

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/batmanacw/media/firearms/20140922_104508_zpsk6ubh5pt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/batmanacw/firearms/20140922_104508_zpsk6ubh5pt.jpg</a>

View Quote

A bridge too far.

Not hatin though what with my "short sniper".

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#38]
It was a shitty fucking rifle when it was relevant on the battlefield.

Now it's just not as cheap as it used to be shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#39]
OPs mouth puts out more gas than mosin muzzle flash
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, it's refreshing to see all the arrogant class whores out in force again.

If you don't own a Barrett, you're just a cheap bastard.

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
O_o  

Every one i've shot has been about minute of berm at 50-100yds. My Garand, Swiss K31, and Yugo M48 8mm have all been light years more accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
O_o  

My Mosins are not tack drivers but hitting a 6" square at 200 is pretty easy. Open sights.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay show me your AR collection then ? Or how about your beltfed , want to go to the pit ? I will show you a machine gun even . Please tell me about your Mini-14 collection
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I would imagine there are many of the older members here that could tell you about the "junk" Mausers that were being sold in the 1950s and 1960s. Who would want a cheap old Mauser? Only good for sporterizing.

Now as the years have passed the Mauser rifle are very collectible, people cuss when they see a nice 98 that was sporterized. Hell, even the old Japanese Arisaka rifles are getting to be a collectable rifle now days. I would say that in 10-15 years when the Mosin supply is long dried up, there will be people cussing all those who Bubba'ed a highly collectable rifle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I love people like you when I go into a shop. You are the type of person that will price a Finnish M91 at a 91/30 refurb price. If you are extra stupid you will do the same with a Finn M-24.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Been in the biz for 17 years , that would probably not happen
[Quigley]
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. [Quigley]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, now, come on.

The
Finnish M39 is a thing of beauty.   Shocking what they were able to do
in terms of kludging in a 2 stage trigger on those fuckers.  Love love
love those rifles.

Yes!

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/MVolkJ1975/Milsurps/M39/M393_zps5567d376.jpg

Finn Mosin is best Mosin.

Mosin tards can't afford Finns anyway
here's a 1940  SKY for ya

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Depends on who's shooting them and what vantage point you have

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I see a certain irony in a self-professed Glock lover implying that owners of another firearm are unduly infatuated with their weapon of choice.

What was that slogan, again....Oh yes: "Perfection"
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Meh.  I have a total of 3 Mosins I bought for 40 and 90 bucks.  They're neat for the historical value and if you want to practice smithing, they're an excellent choice.  Just don't show off your fuckups.

When I was in school, it was the only rifle I had with me for a semester or two and a buddy asked if I wanted to go deer hunting.  I went and got a nice doe with it. She dropped like a sack o' taters but there was a little more meat loss than I was used to. Good utilitarian rifle that'll fuck shit up and they're fun to shoot.  To me, any gun is fun really - which was already mentioned a few posts back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Collectors collect. They know what they have and believe it or not there is a market for rare or hard to find mosins.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Lol amazing
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't think this could have been better put.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no such thing as a gun that's too crappy for me to want to own.  Plenty I won't pay for, but to keep around?  Shit, I'll take whatever.  It's a gun, therefore it's awesome.

I have guns to protect myself and my family - everything else is just for fun.  And Mosins are fun.

I don't think this could have been better put.

True words...Sir !!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top