Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I figured that you would be too much of a tool to do anything but a tool, why would my pastor friend be act like a total HOLE like you do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a member of the PCA.  However, there are no decent PCA churches where I live, so I attend a SBC church.  We agree on the essential things and the non essentials...well they can be argued later.  I'm sure there are others here I would feel comfortable attending.  In my instance they must preach an Uncompromised Gospel, and have a solid youth program.  I will not attend a church that is promoting homosexuality, women pastors or elders, or anything else that is unbiblical. I dislike praise and worship music but if I must, I will listen to it.  I also wear a suit to church because I think God deserves the respect.  So..now you know about me.

Ok, I have a confession to make, I *LOVE*  praise and worship music.  I've got a close friend (We fly hang gliders) who's a Calvary chapel pastor, he has guest praise and worship christian bands over at his church from time to time, I'll drop in when a band I like will be playing there. Cool thing is, everyone knows I'm Mormon, no one makes remarks, everyone acts like I expect them to, the worship of God and Christ takes place.

I'll take this with a grain of salt; however, this 'pastor friend' wouldn't be doing you any favors by not telling you the truth about the LDS and it's perversion of the gospel.    

I figured that you would be too much of a tool to do anything but a tool, why would my pastor friend be act like a total HOLE like you do?

Your pastor friend is trying a different tact, it is called pity. He sees a lost sheep that will not come into the fold. He hopes that being a good role model and exhibiting Christ like behavior will win over your soul. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You run on so much about science and you still show how ignorant you are. Man can never use science to replicate anything with enough data sets to prove anything. They can only do so X number of times, which gives them a finite data set, but nothing more. 100 experiments with the same result would only show that in those 100 instances, the hypothesis proved positive. It doesn't mean every infinite number of scenarios would turn out the same way -- but that's what we consider "fact".
I've seen your arguments enough on here, and they are rather tiring. You simply counter what other people say by insisting the opposite, and expect people to believe it. I gather you like to argue more than anything.
No, believing in a God who controls the universe isn't "believing in myself". Intelligent argument there. I'll project anything on you that you substantiate a need for...but you shouldn't get mad, buddy. In your beliefs, you're a random glorified ape who has no purpose here, remember? What does this discussion matter to you? No one can be correct when no truth

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, science constructs models of apparent reality that can be used to make predictions.  That is what science does.  Its goal isn't to "disprove".  Not sure where the hell you got that from.  So no, my "beliefs" aren't set until someone comes around and disproves them.  My opinions are formed formed only when they are supported by evidence, and if not, I don't assert to know them as "true".
Ironic that this is exactly what you are doing, you are believing in yourself (aka, faith in your beliefs...something I don't have), and your religion that your "fellow sin laden men" created.
I'm not doing that, so don't project your behavior on to me.  That has no relationship to what I do. The only answers I'm looking for are those that are supported by evidence, not ones made up by lying religious hucksters pretendign to be speaking the "truth"

You run on so much about science and you still show how ignorant you are. Man can never use science to replicate anything with enough data sets to prove anything. They can only do so X number of times, which gives them a finite data set, but nothing more. 100 experiments with the same result would only show that in those 100 instances, the hypothesis proved positive. It doesn't mean every infinite number of scenarios would turn out the same way -- but that's what we consider "fact".
I've seen your arguments enough on here, and they are rather tiring. You simply counter what other people say by insisting the opposite, and expect people to believe it. I gather you like to argue more than anything.
No, believing in a God who controls the universe isn't "believing in myself". Intelligent argument there. I'll project anything on you that you substantiate a need for...but you shouldn't get mad, buddy. In your beliefs, you're a random glorified ape who has no purpose here, remember? What does this discussion matter to you? No one can be correct when no truth

And no one said that we could "prove anything" in the sense that is certain.  The only people who think that science produces certainty are people who don't understand science or people looking for strawmen to attack.  I'll assume you're the latter.  
That said, you don't need certainty to make fairly accurate predictions.  Newtonian physics, relativity, atomic theory, germ theory, etc are examples of science that allow us to make accurate and reliable predictions every day.  No one says they provide certainty.  They don't need to provide certainty to be useful.
Actually, I think you are correct about this statment.  I do find it enjoyable (if not, I wouldn't be here).

You are believing in your assessment of the universe being accurate when you claim to know the "truth" about both the natural and supernatural aspects of everything, just like every other person on earth who has a different religion than you and asserts it matter of factly.  You are all believing in you feelings, pretending to know they are "truth".

I don't claim to know the "truth", I just know what is accurate and useful based on the only assessment tool I have ever found to provide a reliable way to distinguish between models of reality that can be used to make accurate predictions about apparent reality (aka science), and fantasy/conjecture.
As for being a "random ape", I think that gives my life much more meaning and purpose than being a subject to a supernatural dictator who will punish people when they die for thought crimes.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually you fail; the difference is that the Jews are waiting for the Messiah, as stated in the Tanakh, but even the Tanakh states that they'll reject Him. Early Christians were the Jews that accepted their Messiah; I don't know if they taught you this in Catholic School, but the entire Bible, Tanakh and NT, is about the Messiah. And Christians do not replace the Jews, we are grafted in with them.
By contrast the Mormons inject "another testament" that isn't stated in either the Tanakh or the NT, teaching doctrines that run counter to both.
The irony is that you're trying to co-opt the thread in order to further your own form of evangelism, based on half-baked generalities disguised as pseudo-intellectualism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Imagine if Jews cared as much about the perversion of their religion known as Christianity as Christians care about Mormonism.

Or atheists about religion.  
Ha, good job.
Just kidding, that doesn't make any sense. You fail.
Its just ironic to me that members of a religion which co-opted a previous religion freak out about someone trying to co-opt theirs.
What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander, apparently.

Actually you fail; the difference is that the Jews are waiting for the Messiah, as stated in the Tanakh, but even the Tanakh states that they'll reject Him. Early Christians were the Jews that accepted their Messiah; I don't know if they taught you this in Catholic School, but the entire Bible, Tanakh and NT, is about the Messiah. And Christians do not replace the Jews, we are grafted in with them.
By contrast the Mormons inject "another testament" that isn't stated in either the Tanakh or the NT, teaching doctrines that run counter to both.
The irony is that you're trying to co-opt the thread in order to further your own form of evangelism, based on half-baked generalities disguised as pseudo-intellectualism.

Uh, huh. And there have been plenty of false messiahs over the years that have garnered cult followings, and Jesus, from what I can tell, is just another one of those, all be it wildly more successful than the others combined.
Keep in mind we are talking about an uneducated people who, even in their own holy book, seem very willing to turn to all sorts of men pretending to speak on the half of other gods or make their own idols...even when they were supposedly surrounded by miracles such as parting seas, pillars of fire, mana, etc.  Its not that much of a logical leap to realize that such people would reject the real messiah when he came along, especially in a culture where religious heretics were killed.

And hell, for the sake of argument, lets say Jesus came back to earth. I'd bet there will be plenty of christians, the ones who believe in themselves the most, who would reject him, simply because he doesn't fit their own narrow human based understanding of what Jesus is and should do and how he should do it.  

And in Catholic school we got sanitized versions of the bible.  We never read it all the way through.  The god I grew up believing in was very different than the one described in the bible.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your pastor friend is trying a different tact, it is called pity. He sees a lost sheep that will not come into the fold. He hopes that being a good role model and exhibiting Christ like behavior will win over your soul. Nothing more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

His pastor friend has something lacking in todays society. Its called class.

Talking about Christ-like behavior, I am sure you are just holding on to your source that Smith used the street-drug referred to as "crack."

Folks might question your intent or whether *you* are a follower of the teachings of Christ if you were to make an accusation, but had no sources or documentation...

Quoted:

The only thing special about your cult is that a crack head looked in his hat and made up a line of B.S..........

People might call you an antagonist who does not back-up his outrageous and false claims...

You are simply a typical antagonist

People might question your motives...

Yeah, his pastor friend has something that you might try to find in a lifetime, but never find it. His parents probably modeled good behavior for him, and it comes naturally to him. Its called class.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Folks might question your intent or whether *you* are a follower of the teachings of Christ if you were to make an accusation, but had no sources or documentation...

Its called class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its called class.

more of your "when we do it, it's defending our failth, or because we were insulted, when you do it, it's awful" bullshit.

Quoted:
Quoted:

All these dudes want to do it bash and trash,  ...

Yeah... Don't let it get to you... They consider it a victory when they call-names, make enemies, and castigate others of faith

You are a good dude...

call-names

Quoted:

Oh look, a bunch of Anti-Mormon douche-nozzle fundies bashing LDS and LDS doctrine in GD, wow, never been done before....

make enemies
Quoted:
Never mind with our pesky CoC, just know that I am MELTING your account with my make believe ADMIN LOCK USER button just under your user name. Love ya! *kiss*

Castigate others of faith ...

Quoted:
CRYley, your GOD doesn't exist... It's bullshit! Utter bullshit! You'd have more out of worshiping a toad. In fact, go get a toad, call it "CRYleys GOD", kiss it, lick it, lavish it, love on it, it's a God with more going for it than that mentally ill BLOB GOD that talks to himself has going for it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its called class.
View Quote

False accusations? Remember this one, directed at old painless, that you defended just because "you big meanies are doing it to us":

Quoted:  ....
I was talking to someone else and you came at me guns blazing, cussing me out, telling me to go fuck myself, etc. ...
View Quote

You guys have any proof for that one yet?

Remember this?

Quoted:

I self ID'd as a member of the LDS church, so my caution and restraint in this thread under heated exchange with those in opposition as to not under represent or besmear the church ...
View Quote

You guys live in this little bubble where you do the same shit that gets you upset, but it's ok because you're just reacting, or defending your faith, or whatever.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Holy shit, you fucks have been arguing for like 40 pages about which flavor of religion is right.  It's like watching two neckbeards argue about which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek (it's Star Trek by the way).  

Protip for both camps: you cannot use words from a fictional book as a way to prove a fictional story is true.
View Quote

Luckily we have a factual book backed with archaeology and prophecy called the Bible.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Jesus isn't God?  

That statement must come from people who think that men can become gods.

Who is the Rock of the Old Testament?  GOD.

De 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

De 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

De 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

1Sa 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

2Sa 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

2Sa 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

2Sa 22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

2Sa 23:3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Ps 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Ps 18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Ps 18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Ps 42:9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Ps 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Ps 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Ps 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

Ps 94:22 But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

Isa 17:10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:

The identity of the Rock is provided in the New Testament:  The Lord Jesus Christ

1 Cor 10

10:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
View Quote
You forgot the ENTIRE book of Revelation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Luckily we have a factual book backed with archaeology and prophecy called the Koran.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit, you fucks have been arguing for like 40 pages about which flavor of religion is right.  It's like watching two neckbeards argue about which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek (it's Star Trek by the way).  

Protip for both camps: you cannot use words from a fictional book as a way to prove a fictional story is true.

Luckily we have a factual book backed with archaeology and prophecy called the Koran.

Applies equally.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uh, huh. And there have been plenty of false messiahs over the years that have garnered cult followings, and Jesus, from what I can tell, is just another one of those, all be it wildly more successful than the others combined.

Keep in mind we are talking about an uneducated people who, even in their own holy book, seem very willing to turn to all sorts of men pretending to speak on the half of other gods or make their own idols...even when they were supposedly surrounded by miracles such as parting seas, pillars of fire, mana, etc.  Its not that much of a logical leap to realize that such people would reject the real messiah when he came along, especially in a culture where religious heretics were killed.

And hell, for the sake of argument, lets say Jesus came back to earth. I'd bet there will be plenty of christians, the ones who believe in themselves the most, who would reject him, simply because he doesn't fit their own narrow human based understanding of what Jesus is and should do and how he should do it.  

And in Catholic school we got sanitized versions of the bible.  We never read it all the way through.  The god I grew up believing in was very different than the one described in the bible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard.

Uneducated eh? Sounds like hubris there. In many ways those people were wise; they certainly wouldn't be eating each other in 3 weeks because the lights went off.  

BTW, the first guy that will claim to be the Messiah will be an impostor.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Actually, you contradicted yourself twice.

What you speak of is none sense, it's not even biblical. The Nicene creed isn't even biblical. 325 years after Christ died and they made this crap up, it wasn't until the last decade this crap even became popular! No one believed this bologna until then! It's like some lame fad! Now the Fundies (YOU) work so hard to twist scripture to make it mean what you want it to mean, you can gold plate a turd as many times as you want, it's STILL a gold plated turd. There's only ONE God, and Jesus is his son, not HIM.

Thanks for playing, but you lose again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 6:Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Deuteronomy means The Lord GOD is the ONE GOD.

Romans clearly shows you that GOD had raised Jesus from the Dead, NOT GOD had raised HIMSELF, two names there have been given, hence two separate beings.

God the Father raised the Son.  The Son raised Himself.  And the Spirit raised Him.

How?  Because these three are one.

God the Father:

Ga 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

God the Son:

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

God the Holy Spirit:

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

How about that?  God the Father raised Jesus...  but, but, but.... Jesus raised Jesus... but, but, but... the Spirit raised Jesus.

That's right!  

The triune God.  Biblical proof before your very eyes!

What you speak of is none sense, it's not even biblical. The Nicene creed isn't even biblical. 325 years after Christ died and they made this crap up, it wasn't until the last decade this crap even became popular! No one believed this bologna until then! It's like some lame fad! Now the Fundies (YOU) work so hard to twist scripture to make it mean what you want it to mean, you can gold plate a turd as many times as you want, it's STILL a gold plated turd. There's only ONE God, and Jesus is his son, not HIM.

I didn't quote a creed, I presented before you the word of God, which you promptly rejected.

Which is of no surprise.  One has to do just that to follow Mormonism.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Applies equally.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Applies equally.

Really showing your ignorance of the Koran here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Again, false spin and twist, you never quit bullshitting. It's laughable.  Face it, you worship a fake god.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ was not then, nor is he now, God.

Is 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isiah 9:6 refers to that virgin born child born to Mary.  Jesus Christ.  He is the mighty God.

Again, false spin and twist, you never quit bullshitting. It's laughable.  Face it, you worship a fake god.

Says a guy who doesn't understand that "Jews" and "Israelites" refer to the same people.

I'll stick with the word of God, over a person who blasphemes God by believing and stating that God is an exalted man.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mat 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ahh, when CRYley sings....  More manure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus isn't God?

Somebody doesn't know the Bible.

They probably think Israelites aren't Jews, either.

Who is Saviour?  GOD in the Old Testament:

2Sa 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
Ps 106:21 They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;
Isa 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Who is Saviour?  GOD in the New Testament:

Lu 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Tit 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Jude 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

And that God and Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ:

Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Ac 5: 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.  31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Tit 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

And you see the very word of God, and call it manure.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And no one said that we could "prove anything" in the sense that is certain.  The only people who think that science produces certainty are people who don't understand science or people looking for strawmen to attack.  I'll assume you're the latter.  

That said, you don't need certainty to make fairly accurate predictions.  Newtonian physics, relativity, atomic theory, germ theory, etc are examples of science that allow us to make accurate and reliable predictions every day.  No one says they provide certainty.  They don't need to provide certainty to be useful.

Actually, I think you are correct about this statment.  I do find it enjoyable (if not, I wouldn't be here).

You are believing in your assessment of the universe being accurate when you claim to know the "truth" about both the natural and supernatural aspects of everything, just like every other person on earth who has a different religion than you and asserts it matter of factly.  You are all believing in you feelings, pretending to know they are "truth".

I don't claim to know the "truth", I just know what is accurate and useful based on the only assessment tool I have ever found to provide a reliable way to distinguish between models of reality that can be used to make accurate predictions about apparent reality (aka science), and fantasy/conjecture.

As for being a "random ape", I think that gives my life much more meaning and purpose than being a subject to a supernatural dictator who will punish people when they die for thought crimes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, science constructs models of apparent reality that can be used to make predictions.  That is what science does.  Its goal isn't to "disprove".  Not sure where the hell you got that from.  So no, my "beliefs" aren't set until someone comes around and disproves them.  My opinions are formed formed only when they are supported by evidence, and if not, I don't assert to know them as "true".

Ironic that this is exactly what you are doing, you are believing in yourself (aka, faith in your beliefs...something I don't have), and your religion that your "fellow sin laden men" created.

I'm not doing that, so don't project your behavior on to me.  That has no relationship to what I do. The only answers I'm looking for are those that are supported by evidence, not ones made up by lying religious hucksters pretendign to be speaking the "truth"

Good, you now agree that science can prove nothing. That's all I said, since that seems to be the church of the atheist. But alas, no real truth is found there.

And I completely understand.
You are subject to man's observations and projections about the universe around him that he understands little to nothing of.
I am subject to God, who has created everything around us and given us intelligent design, which in turn provides for man's observations and projections about the universe around him that he understands little to nothing of.
As much as you want me to be in bondage by a simple "religion", the TRUTH is what really sets you free. If you have no purpose and are of no certain intent on this earth, our arguing is merely irrelevant babbling. There would be no truth to anything we would say anyway, making the atheist argument moot from the first gasp.

If you can expand your mind to the vastness of the solar system, in all its amazing wonder, you can surely ponder that it was created by something...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Applies equally.

I can see he clearly knows little of either if he are comparing the "prophecies" of the Koran to those of the Bible; maybe that is even being a bit generous.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've heard.

Uneducated eh? Sounds like hubris there. In many ways those people were wise; they certainly wouldn't be eating each other in 3 weeks because the lights went off.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard.

Doesn't mean they weren't uneducated, and couldn't be fooled by magic tricks and other phenomenon they couldn't understand since they had no concepts of physics.

Uh, have you read exodus? They were surrounded by all sorts of miracles and then soon after Moses goes off to a mountain surrounded by the spirit of god they build a golden calf.  Or ten minutes after witnessing supposedly amazing shit with god intervening to save their lives they start bitching about being taken out of Egypt of die in the desert.  To me it seems like these people are exactly the kind of people who would be eating each other when the lights when off.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Good, you now agree that science can prove nothing. That's all I said, since that seems to be the church of the atheist. But alas, no real truth is found there.  Well, I said it up front so, so much for your idiotic strawman.

You are subject to man's observations and projections about the universe around him that he understands little to nothing of.  And so are you....the only difference is you pretend god is there cheering you along.  Which god? Well, the one you've come to based on man's observations and projections about the universe around you that you understand little to nothing of of course.

I am subject to God, who has created everything around us and given us intelligent design, which in turn provides for man's observations and projections about the universe around him that he understands little to nothing of.

As much as you want me to be in bondage by a simple "religion", the TRUTH is what really sets you free. If you have no purpose and are of no certain intent on this earth, our arguing is merely irrelevant babbling. There would be no truth to anything we would say anyway, making the atheist argument moot from the first gasp. Uh, this isn't a logical thought.  My purpose it to live my life in a manner that allows me to be happy. The best way to do this is to have a concept of reality that is as accurate and reliable as possible.  My purpose from entering these discussions is to challenge what I see as irrational opinions (because, as I've said, its fun). For example, the nonsensical statement "the atheist argument moot from first grasp", which doesn't even make sense.  Sorry chief, the truth exists regardless if you or I can perceive it.  The fact that we can't be certain of anything doesn't mean we give up and die.  Thus, if we choose to live our lives, then what appears to be correct about apparent reality is important to this processes, as that is what we use to live. It is actually pretty irrelevant if it is "absolute truth" or not...as again, that may be something no one can observe or comprehend.  It doesn't matter if hard solipsism is correct.  The universe appears to exist to me, and thus I universe must go by the apparent rules of reality if I want to live, even if apparent reality is just an illusion.

If you can expand your mind to the vastness of the solar system, in all its amazing wonder, you can surely ponder that it was created by something... I can, and have came to the conclusion that such an entity is unnecessary and there is no evidence for its existence.  I can ponder many hypothetical things which aren't real.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good, you now agree that science can prove nothing. That's all I said, since that seems to be the church of the atheist. But alas, no real truth is found there.  Well, I said it up front so, so much for your idiotic strawman.

You are subject to man's observations and projections about the universe around him that he understands little to nothing of.  And so are you....the only difference is you pretend god is there cheering you along.  Which god? Well, the one you've come to based on man's observations and projections about the universe around you that you understand little to nothing of of course.

As much as you want me to be in bondage by a simple "religion", the TRUTH is what really sets you free. If you have no purpose and are of no certain intent on this earth, our arguing is merely irrelevant babbling. There would be no truth to anything we would say anyway, making the atheist argument moot from the first gasp. Uh, this isn't a logical thought.  My purpose it to live my life in a manner that allows me to be happy. The best way to do this is to have a concept of reality that is as accurate and reliable as possible.  My purpose from entering these discussions is to challenge what I see as irrational opinions (because, as I've said, its fun). For example, the nonsensical statement "the atheist argument moot from first grasp", which doesn't even make sense.  Sorry chief, the truth exists regardless if you or I can perceive it.  The fact that we can't be certain of anything doesn't mean we give up and die.  Thus, if we choose to live our lives, then what appears to be correct about apparent reality is important to this processes, as that is what we use to live. It is actually pretty irrelevant if it is "absolute truth" or not...as again, that may be something no one can observe or comprehend.  It doesn't matter if hard solipsism is correct.  The universe appears to exist to me, and thus I universe must go by the apparent rules of reality if I want to live, even if apparent reality is just an illusion.

If you can expand your mind to the vastness of the solar system, in all its amazing wonder, you can surely ponder that it was created by something... I can, and have came to the conclusion that such an entity is unnecessary and there is no evidence for its existence.  I can ponder many hypothetical things which aren't real.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can see he clearly knows little of either if he are comparing the "prophecies" of the Koran to those of the Bible; maybe that is even being a bit generous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Applies equally.

I'm talking about archaeological facts contained within the Koran.  Are you disputing the fact that Mohammad was known to exist?

I've seen no prophecies of the bible fulfilled that weren't self fulfilling (meaning, people who believed in the prophecies worked to make it happen, or fit...just like people do with nostrodamus).

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#20]
John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

>> If you saw Christ, you saw God. He was God manifest in the flesh, who must have been completely human (which God is not) in order to walk among us and suffer the pain we deserved for our sins.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

>> Timothy sure believes that Christ is THE Lord and THE God.

Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

>> Paul doesn't say Christ purchased with his own blood here...he says GOD purchased with his own blood. Not a mistake.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

>> The Trinity is not just a couple of mythical verses in 2 or 3 spots of the NT. It is woven within the fabric of the entire Bible.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

>> Christ is the bodily expression of the Godhead; Christ is the head of all principality and power. Again...not a mistake!

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

>> Need I explain another blatant comment by Paul? Pretty elementary here.

Hebrews 1:God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

>> God says he would be to Christ as a Father, and Christ would be to him a Son. He is no creation, like Adam. And to boot, God says UNTO THE SON "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever." Not a mistake.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

>> Jesus Christ is Jesus the Redeemer. Just as the OT Psalms and many other places mention, God is THE REDEEMER. Jesus is THE REDEEMER manifested in flesh, because God knew it would take the ULTIMATE sacrifice, a human sacrifice that only HE could do. Belief in Christ is belief in the Father and the Son in the same breath!

1 Timothy 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

>> Christ is the Lord of lords, above all, and he is the ONLY one that has immortality. Trinity, plain and simple. Christ cannot be another god who transferred himself to earth as a child and raises himself from the dead, and then removes himself from the earth again. Only God has the power to do this -- and in sacrificing Himself in the flesh, as a human on this earth, to receive all the suffering and shame that none of us could bear, these were his means. God NOT sacrificing Himself to redeem his people, but making some other god go take his place, throws out what God has been doing for lowly man since creation.

Don't want to hear it from me? Okay...

Hebrews 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same[b]; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 [b]Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

>> The purpose of Christ, who says he was "in the Father, and the Father in Him", was because he HAD TO BE MADE LIKE HIS BRETHREN to make propitiation for the sins of man. God is not a human and will not ever be a human form in the earthly sense. In order to REDEEM His people, He sent the physical manifestation of himself to this earth through Mary, that he might be tempted and suffer in order to SHOW MAN HOW TO LIVE. Only God can do this. He and Christ, as they claim, are One.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

>> God doesn't commendeth his love for us if he simply sends some completely separate being to die for us. All that makes is a martyr. We have been atoned for by the sacrifice of God, whom alone has the power to redeem. We are atoned for, saved, and joy BY God THROUGH Lord Jesus....NOT FROM Christ.

We ought to read the Word of God first, rather than read what another says of the Word of God or tells us how to interpret the Word of God.
The Almighty made the Bible accessible and readable for man, much regardless of age or intellect. If we needed an additional commentary on what God meant, then all those who believe JUST what the biblical texts contained that came before us have lived astray.

If one chooses to believe in the "church of Arias", then they believe in a "Christianity" that has no surviving artifacts and God wasn't able to continue the "truth"; Arias was directly influenced by 1st century theologians, including Origen Adamantius, who was one of the most well known Christian theologians at the time. Wonder why Origen wasn't canonized as a saint? Because some of his teaches DIRECTLY contradicted those of the apostles.

Is that really where we want to stem the Truth of all the earth?
While some have an issue with the Nicene Creed, it is MORE than acceptable for the creed to have been a coherent agreement by the VAST, OVERWHELMING majority of Christian leaders as to what the teachings of Christ, the apostles, and the parallelism of the entire biblical texts meant and DENOUNCE the devaluing of the existence of Christ.

I mean no offense whatsoever, but my belief in Christ does not hinge on 2 mortal men. Joseph Smith and Arias will not dictate what the faith of God were designed to be. They have 2 collection of opinions that have SEVERE contradictions with OT and apostolic NT writings.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

more of your "when we do it, it's defending our failth, or because we were insulted, when you do it, it's awful" bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You have a hard-on for Dogface? Seriously?

The guy didn't post in the thread until *after* a small number of antagonists had already outed themselves from posting lies, half-truths, and misrepresentations about LDS beliefs and practices.

Dogface didn't snap until after this thread from O_P:

Quoted:

You guy's attempt to get someone locked because they disagree with you is as disgusting as Arocking someone.

You ought to be ashamed.

Even Fatalerror identified that what M-1975 posted would have gotten the hammer in the past. How was Dogface *honestly* supposed to know that O_P had moved the goalposts?-?

Honest question...?-!-?-!

Once O_P moved the goalposts against LDS arfcommers, Dogface started swinging back. For right or wrong... But in the development of the thread, Dogface didn't post one thing until *after* the antagonists had been caught posting misleading information about LDS Church practices and beliefs...

Dogface snapped. But given the context of the thread, I can understand his position...

Quoted:

Painless with his AROCK comment and M-1975 with his posting of temple videos, child molester comments as to Joseph smith and countless other slams has me pretty disgusted.

Even Fatalerror has identified that less than what Dogface wrote above had gotten the hammer in the past...

I can see why Dogface started swinging-*back* after O_P had the goalposts moved against LDS arfcommers...

And I have asked everyone on both sides to stop swearing, and engage in positive back-and-forth... We might not all agree but we should be agreeable as we disagree...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm talking about archaeological facts contained within the Koran.  Are you disputing the fact that Mohammad was known to exist?

I've seen no prophecies of the bible fulfilled that weren't self fulfilling (meaning, people who believed in the prophecies worked to make it happen, or fit...just like people do with nostrodamus).

View Quote

The statement was archeology AND prophecies. Go look at the "amazing" prophecies of the Koran. They're really (un)spectacular.

The Bible, however, correctly says what the Muslims will be doing to this day, along with describing hundreds of years prior exactly how Christ would be killed. Read up a little, you might be interested. Or not.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm glad you've come to your grand conclusion! I would say reference your sources, but they'd just be your opinions.
The truth and the order around truth don't exist randomly. You are falling back on "I can observe truth" as an explanation for truth from nothing being reality. Your "logic" and "rationalism" is one big circular reference error.
Enjoy that, but I'll be praying for you. Life is so much more than what you have been led to believe. I'm sorry that your self-conceived purpose of existence has somehow cosmically been determined to be "to make yourself happy". You and fellow humans will fail you in your search. Like I said pages ago, "you believe in yourself ", which is a sad thing to have faith in, because you control almost nothing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

False accusations? Remember this one, directed at old painless, that you defended just because "you big meanies are doing it to us":
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think my point was valid then, as it is now... And, your words do not match what occurred in the thread at the time...

Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir, I have never cussed you or anyone else out and told them to "fuck themselves".  Not once. Never in all my time on this forum.

You have made a false accusation.  It is your responsibility to either produce the quote or apologize and say you were mistaken.

You know I think you are an asset to this site.

You know the respect goes back *years.*

And I will say you don't use fowl language...

But you are demanding an apology...

LDS folks on arfcom haven't gotten one from M-1975 when he lied and said that kids were whipped on the Mormon Trail for being cold.

He accused Smith of being a sexual predator, and posted LDS Temple videos in an purposeful effort to antagonize LDS arfcomers...

Looks like there will be apologies going several directions...

But I appreciate you pointing-out that apologies are necessary...

Quoted:

You guys live in this little bubble where you do the same shit that gets you upset, but it's ok because you're just reacting, or defending your faith, or whatever.

I think for all intents and purposes, we have done a good job of defending the lies and accusations against our church with truth. We have pointed out error with truth.

Honestly.

You have a hard-on for Dogface for some reason. You have your thing for the guy. The truth is he didn't post in the thread until *after* antagonists had outed themselves with their lies, half-truths, and mis-statements...

And his issuet towards O_P did not come until after O_P called-out Dogface for being an (O_Ps words) "Arocking someone." When even Fatalerror identified that O_P had moved the goalposts against LDS arfcommers...

If you have a question about LDS beliefs and practices, post them... You can see that we are absolutely willing to answer questions as they are asked...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You can see that we are absolutely willing to answer questions as they are asked...
View Quote

No, the accurate statement would be, "We are willing to undermine the very words of our founder, our apostles and our leaders whenever the doctrines they espouse clearly show that said doctrines are totally opposite to Christianity.  And we will call you liars when you quote them."
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, just had an hour long conversation in my front porch with two LDS sisters.  They were very friendly.  Had a good discussion with them on different topics.  One thing that concerned me was when I asked them if they found out that JS was making it up, what would they do.  They replied be lost because the church is everything.  So I asked what if just what he said was wrong and Jesus was still real.  Then it changed to we love Jesus. I am concerned because if someone proved to me that John Calvin was wrong, I would say OK and it wouldn't make my belief in Jesus waver one bit.  They did give me a Book of Mormon and I friendly like hit them with questions they said were very deep and theological.. I offered them shade and water.  Nice girls and If they were sincere they will be back and try to answer my questions.  Either way I enjoyed the interaction.
View Quote

That's why so many leave Mormonism and become atheists.

And that's why Christians can realize that some particular doctrines are wrong, and not lose faith.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You have a hard-on for Dogface for some reason.
View Quote

He is just the best example of the hypocrisy of you guys shitting all over everyone else while crying about "antagonists", personal attacks, class, etc.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "those meanies started it first".

As for the Old Painless thing, yeah that is how it went. He was accused of something insulting, without any proof, and you chime in saying "don't expect an apology until someone else apologizes to us".

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And his issuet towards O_P did not come until after O_P called-out Dogface for being an (O_Ps words) "Arocking someone."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And his issuet towards O_P did not come until after O_P called-out Dogface for being an (O_Ps words) "Arocking someone."

Well, if the shoe fits:

Quoted:
Whatever man, I actually messaged Admin and requested your account be locked...

... the above for posting a video and asking a question about it. (what does it mean that bad feelings can restrain god?).

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is one of your continued lies.  I proved very clearly Pratt's statement was disavowed.    Where was his statement written?  Need a little help?   It was written  in the publication "The Seer".   The church disowned the entire publication,  not just some parts.

The Churches statement on The Seer:

"But the Seer [and some of his other writings]...contain doctrines which we cannot sanction, and which we have felt impressed to disown, so that the Saints who now live, and who may live hereafter, may not be misled by our silence, or be left to misinterpret it. Where these objectionable works, or parts of works, are bound in volumes, or otherwise, they should be cut out and destroyed; with proper care this can be done without much, if any, injury to the volumes.
   It ought to have been known, years ago, by every person in the Church — for ample teachings have been given on the point — that no member of the Church has the right to publish any doctrines, as the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, without first submitting them for examination and approval to the First Presidency and the Twelve. There is but one man upon the earth, at one time, who holds the keys to receive commandments and revelations for the Church, and who has the authority to write doctrines by way of commandment unto the Church. And any man who so far forgets the order instituted by the Lord as to write and publish what may be termed new doctrines, without consulting with the First Presidency of the Church respecting them, places himself in a false position, and exposes himself to the power of darkness by violating his Priesthood.

So yes.  All of the writings, including the quote you are pushing was disowned.

Pratt's response to this:

TO THE SAINTS IN ALL THE WORLD.
   DEAR BRETHREN, — Permit me to draw your attention to the proclamation of the First Presidency and Twelve, published in the DESERET NEWS, and copied into the MILLENNIAL STAR of the 21st inst., in which several publications that have issued from my pen are considered objectionable. I, therefore, embrace the present opportunity of publicly expressing my most sincere regret, that I have ever published the least thing which meets with the disapprobation of the highest authorities of the Church; and I do most cordially join with them in the request, that you should make such dispositions of the publications alluded to, as counselled in their proclamation.

Is that big enough  for you to see this time.  See your lie now.  There were no minced words there.  He disowned The SEER and your quote.
You keep trying to claim what he disowned, as truth.  You say, "well parts of it are still valid."  No they are not.  He disowned all of his writings in the Seer, as well as others.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is one of your continued lies.  I proved very clearly Pratt's statement was disavowed.    Where was his statement written?  Need a little help?   It was written  in the publication "The Seer".   The church disowned the entire publication,  not just some parts.

"But the Seer [and some of his other writings]...contain doctrines which we cannot sanction, and which we have felt impressed to disown, so that the Saints who now live, and who may live hereafter, may not be misled by our silence, or be left to misinterpret it. Where these objectionable works, or parts of works, are bound in volumes, or otherwise, they should be cut out and destroyed; with proper care this can be done without much, if any, injury to the volumes.
   It ought to have been known, years ago, by every person in the Church — for ample teachings have been given on the point — that no member of the Church has the right to publish any doctrines, as the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, without first submitting them for examination and approval to the First Presidency and the Twelve. There is but one man upon the earth, at one time, who holds the keys to receive commandments and revelations for the Church, and who has the authority to write doctrines by way of commandment unto the Church. And any man who so far forgets the order instituted by the Lord as to write and publish what may be termed new doctrines, without consulting with the First Presidency of the Church respecting them, places himself in a false position, and exposes himself to the power of darkness by violating his Priesthood.

DEAR BRETHREN, — Permit me to draw your attention to the proclamation of the First Presidency and Twelve, published in the DESERET NEWS, and copied into the MILLENNIAL STAR of the 21st inst., in which several publications that have issued from my pen are considered objectionable. I, therefore, embrace the present opportunity of publicly expressing my most sincere regret, that I have ever published the least thing which meets with the disapprobation of the highest authorities of the Church; and I do most cordially join with them in the request, that you should make such dispositions of the publications alluded to, as counselled in their proclamation.

Is that big enough  for you to see this time.  See your lie now.  There were no minced words there.  He disowned The SEER and your quote.
You keep trying to claim what he disowned, as truth.  You say, "well parts of it are still valid."  No they are not.  He disowned all of his writings in the Seer, as well as others.

Your continued failure to comprehend what you read does not make me a liar.  Nor does your failure at reason.

Your shallow conclusion is ridiculous.  If everything that was written in the Seer was disavowed, then that would include the statements that the church AGREED with.

The leadership did not disavow everything Pratt wrote in the Seer, and in fact had this to say...

"Whenever brother Orson Pratt has written upon that which he knows, and has confined himself to doctrines which he understands, his arguments are convincing and unanswerable"

So the church leadership disavowed the Seer, in general, but not ALL that it contained.

This is how you regularly operate.

You ought to be embarrassed, but you have no shame.

...And this whole fiasco in Mormondom is yet another example of the difference between Mormonism and Christianity.  

Christian apostles didn't have their teaching disavowed.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Extractr continues to reject the teaching of Mormon APOSTLE Orson Pratt because he stated that all Mormon gods (before Jesus) were in a fallen state and had to be redeemed.

He has no leg to stand on, as my last post pointed out.

But that aside, Extractr has dodged my questions, so I ask them yet again:

Extractr, if you exceed in Mormonism...  you excel in keeping Mormonism's laws and ordinances...

And you become a god yourself one day, with your own planet, and you have children just like Heavenly Father had you...

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever told a lie"?  Are you going to lie to them or admit that you have lied?

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you"? Are you going to lie to them or admit that you have stolen?

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever lusted after a woman that wasn't your wife"?  Are you going to lie to them, or admit that as Jesus defined it, you committed adultery?

So Extractr, your answers?

I won't hold my breath for his answers...

He realizes just what those questions mean.

Mormonism can't claim its god is sinless, because they can become gods just like him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As for the Old Painless thing, yeah that is how it went. He was accused of something insulting, without any proof, and you chime in saying "don't expect an apology until someone else apologizes to us".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No that isn't how it went.

He was accused of something sent in an I/M... And I backed-up O_P for having never said anything similar in the past...

What was *I* supposed to do... Who was *I* supposed to apologize to...? Serious question. Honestly.

If O_P was looking for an apology, look at the *multiple* lies we have pointed-out in this thread... That was my point. O_P moved the goalposts at the same time he was looking for an apology. Even Fatalerror identified the goalposts getting moved against LDS arfcommers... It was probably the wrong time to go looking for an apology. But even still, I identified that I had never seen O_P say or do anything like that...

Good grief.

No one has said anything similar to "those meanies started it first."

Other than O_P and Dogface disagreeing over something that happened in an I/M, and its a he-said, he-said situation... None of us has done anything similar to the amount of angst and constant-lies we have received from the antagonists...

Quoted:

He is just the best example of the hypocrisy of you guys shitting all over everyone else while crying about "antagonists", personal attacks, class, etc.

The goalposts got moved against LDS arfcommers, to allow personal attacks. O_P has said that Smith used to be considered a "religious leader" that is why it wasn't allowed in the past, and he had Smith defined as a "historical figure" to green-light the personal angst against LDS arfcommers and LDS beliefs. And what other word besides "antagonist" would you use to describe someone who lies about LDS beliefs and practices... Honestly...?-?

The term antagonist fits those who purposefully mis-represent the beliefs of others. There have been multiple instances of multiple lies getting caught...

The lies of antagonists have been met with truth. What is your deal, anyway? Are you upset that not everyone got behind Constantine?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

... the above for posting a video and asking a question about it. (what does it mean that bad feelings can restrain god?).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

As hard as it is to tell the *whole* truth. Try do to it every once in a while...

M-1975 had also accused Smith of being a child-molester... Without any verifiable proof. When he was caught in the lie, that is when he posted the clandestine temple-videos to arfcom to the first time...

He had painted himself in a corner, and needed an out.

Dogface listed the issues he had with the antagonists at the time, and it wasn't just the clandestine Temple videos being green lighted by O_P for the first time...

Quoted:
  All these dudes want to do it bash and trash, I'm starting to get sucked into their bullshit games and become angry. So, I am walking away from this thread for now.

Painless with his AROCK comment and M-1975 with his posting of temple videos, child molester comments as to Joseph smith and countless other slams has me pretty disgusted.

It's not worth my night...

Even Fatalerror identified that the goalposts had been moved to allow the antatonism of LDS arfcommers in this thread...

From Dogface's perspective:

1. Posted the clandestine Temple videos to arfcom for the first time.

2. Smith child molester comments.

3. Countless other slams.

If Dogface had *three* reasons for being upset with the antagonists, why would you only list *one* reason? Honest question... Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

call-names

make enemies
Quoted:
Never mind with our pesky CoC, just know that I am MELTING your account with my make believe ADMIN LOCK USER button just under your user name. Love ya! *kiss*

Quoted:
CRYley, your GOD doesn't exist... It's bullshit! Utter bullshit! You'd have more out of worshiping a toad. In fact, go get a toad, call it "CRYleys GOD", kiss it, lick it, lavish it, love on it, it's a God with more going for it than that mentally ill BLOB GOD that talks to himself has going for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its called class.

Quoted:
Quoted:

All these dudes want to do it bash and trash,  ...

Yeah... Don't let it get to you... They consider it a victory when they call-names, make enemies, and castigate others of faith

You are a good dude...

call-names

Quoted:
https://wandervogeldiary.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/kid-giving-the-finger.jpeg

Oh look, a bunch of Anti-Mormon douche-nozzle fundies bashing LDS and LDS doctrine in GD, wow, never been done before....

make enemies
Quoted:

Quoted:

One more for Dog Shit's collection.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Remember this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its called class.

Quoted:  ....
I was talking to someone else and you came at me guns blazing, cussing me out, telling me to go fuck myself, etc. ...

Remember this?

Quoted:

I self ID'd as a member of the LDS church, so my caution and restraint in this thread under heated exchange with those in opposition as to not under represent or besmear the church ...

Another for Dog Shit's collection.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I didn't quote a creed, I presented before you the word of God, which you promptly rejected.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 6:Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Deuteronomy means The Lord GOD is the ONE GOD.

Romans clearly shows you that GOD had raised Jesus from the Dead, NOT GOD had raised HIMSELF, two names there have been given, hence two separate beings.

God the Father raised the Son.  The Son raised Himself.  And the Spirit raised Him.

How?  Because these three are one.

God the Father:

Ga 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

God the Son:

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

God the Holy Spirit:

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

How about that?  God the Father raised Jesus...  but, but, but.... Jesus raised Jesus... but, but, but... the Spirit raised Jesus.

That's right!  

The triune God.  Biblical proof before your very eyes!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Says a guy who doesn't understand that "Jews" and "Israelites" refer to the same people.

I'll stick with the word of God, over a person who blasphemes God by believing and stating that God is an exalted man.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mat 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ was not then, nor is he now, God.

Is 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isiah 9:6 refers to that virgin born child born to Mary.  Jesus Christ.  He is the mighty God.

Mat 1

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus isn't God?

Somebody doesn't know the Bible.

They probably think Israelites aren't Jews, either.

Who is Saviour?  GOD in the Old Testament:

Ps 106:21 They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;
Isa 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Who is Saviour?  GOD in the New Testament:

Lu 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Tit 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Jude 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

And that God and Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ:

Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Ac 5: 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.  31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Tit 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a hard-on for Dogface for some reason.

I think it's funny how you follow me around, like you're queer for me.  What next, doing to steal some of my worn underwear and sniff them for inspiration?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, if the shoe fits:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if the shoe fits:

Quoted:

LIke I said, clearly, you're queer for me... Piss off Nancy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if the shoe fits:

Quoted:

Or what? You'll message an admin to try to get the thread locked? Maybe take a look at the forum rules before you do.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As hard as it is to tell the *whole* truth. Try do to it every once in a while...

M-1975 had also accused Smith of being a child-molester... Without any verifiable proof. When he was caught in the lie, that is when he posted the clandestine temple-videos to arfcom to the first time...

Dogface listed the issues he had with the antagonists at the time, and it wasn't just the clandestine Temple videos being green lighted by O_P for the first time...

Even Fatalerror identified that the goalposts had been moved to allow the antatonism of LDS arfcommers in this thread...

If Dogface had *three* reasons for being upset with the antagonists, why would you only list *one* reason? Honest question... Seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
  All these dudes want to do it bash and trash, I'm starting to get sucked into their bullshit games and become angry. So, I am walking away from this thread for now.

It's not worth my night...

The fundies started with just a FEW comments about doing this because they love us, then did all the above you posted. I mean sheer hatred, continued to do so, then pronounced us DAMNED.

They keep threatening me with their all mighty smiter who's going to burn me in hell, well, I am waiting for their non-existant schizophreniac Blob God to come get me. These little fundie pussies, run up, kick me in the shins, and when they get slapped like little bitches, they are all "Oh! You can't do that! My 3 Gods stuffed into ONE head is going to get you and burn you in hell"!

Stupid twits, they remind me of the radical Muslims, they blow up an airplane, and when we kick their asses, they have to do some other shit in reprisal for us kicking their asses. Above all else, convert or damn those Mormons is their goal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He was accused of something sent in an I/M.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He was accused of something sent in an I/M.

Wrong, he accused OP of cursing him out in a past thread and mentioned IMs about said cursing out exchange.

Here's the exact quote

Quoted:
Ashamed like when in a discussion in a thread where I was talking to someone else and you came at me guns blazing, cussing me out, telling me to go fuck myself, etc. Shamed like you should have been? I believe I IMed you about it as I was pretty upset, you and I had no history then, this makes the 2nd time you have made shit personal between you and I.

What was *I* supposed to do... Who was *I* supposed to apologize to...? Serious question. Honestly.

Not defend your buddy for falsely accusing old painless.

Short memory:

Quoted:
The guy didn't post in the thread until *after* a small number of antagonists had already outed themselves from posting lies, half-truths, and misrepresentations about LDS beliefs and practices.

Dogface didn't snap until after this thread from O_P...

None of us has done anything similar to the amount of angst and constant-lies we have received from the antagonists...

I bet criley would disagree.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Or what? You'll message an admin to try to get the thread locked? Maybe take a look at the forum rules before you do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if the shoe fits:

Quoted:

Dude, if I had that pull with admin, this thread, and your account among several would have been locked, I actually requested your account be locked.  I wanted to make sure you knew it was me that had it done, I'd still have it done if I could.  I'd perma-bad you, chuckle a little, and move on with my day, having taken out the trash. I'd have tossed you, M-1975, CRYley and that other twit Mustb123.

You guys seem EXEMPT from the CoC, so, that means your exemptions apply to me too.  I know, it upsets your little bleeding sissy heart, well, too bad, go eat a toad. "Whaaaaaaa! Mean 'ol Pappy gave me the bird", I'm going to go way off threat topic and protest that everything I post, because I am one lame duck.  

Thanks for the entertainment, freakshow!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Poor Dog Shit,

He seems so preoccupied with me, having appointed himself O_P's "Knight Protector".
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whatever man, I actually messaged Admin and requested your account be locked.
Dude, if I had that pull with admin, this thread, and your account among several would have been locked, I actually requested your account be locked.  I wanted to make sure you knew it was me that had it done, I'd still have it done if I could.  I'd perma-bad you, chuckle a little, and move on with my day, having taken out the trash. I'd have tossed you, M-1975, CRYley and that other twit Mustb123.

You guys seem EXEMPT from the CoC, so, that means your exemptions apply to me too.  I know, it upsets your little bleeding sissy heart, well, too bad, go eat a toad. "Whaaaaaaa! Mean 'ol Pappy gave me the bird", I'm going to go way off threat topic and protest that everything I post, because I am one lame duck.  

View Quote

Wow - someone takes themselves way too seriously. I can't speak for anyone else - but I don't hate you or any of smith's cultists. I pity you and them - just as I do the moonies, jehovah's witness, christian science, budhists, etc...I hate none of them. It is just that the Bible says many will be fooled by satan. So, while some seem content to let others fall off the cliff - watching every step they take and never saying a word....I choose not to. Maybe some will take it like you do - as an offense or hate or whatever, others may get mad - but then wonder if in fact they are lost.....smith was just another charlatan who fooled many poor folks...I also feel for the families of smith's cultists - what a sad day indeed!

The good news is that God designed you and me with something missing.....and the only thing that can fill that spot is God. He uses the Holy Sprit and Jesus to fill that missing spot. Many folks try drugs, alcohol, money, education, sex, power and fancy - special - sacred - recommended - selected status.......all of those things are trash, crap or any other word you want to use. They may numb the missing spot - or they may make you feel special that you are in a sacred temple and really cool.....sad thing for you is Jesus came to earth and destroyed the veil - no more special temple - no more priests, bishops, popes or anyone else is needed for you to talk with God. We now have a personal relationship with Him. So if you are involved with a cult where only special, sacred and selected folks are allowed in a temple - well - you are following satan - not God - who wrote the Bible.

Of course that assumes you follow the Bible. It seems many of the cults first add/subtract/from the Bible to give themselves special meaning.

Oh. and sending requests for locks and bans? Really? Talk about little girls...is that the problem here? Hormones flaring up are they?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Your continued failure to comprehend what you read does not make me a liar.  Nor does your failure at reason.

Your shallow conclusion is ridiculous.  If everything that was written in the Seer was disavowed, then that would include the statements that the church AGREED with.

The leadership did not disavow everything Pratt wrote in the Seer, and in fact had this to say...

So the church leadership disavowed the Seer, in general, but not ALL that it contained.

...And this whole fiasco in Mormondom is yet another example of the difference between Mormonism and Christianity.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Whenever brother Orson Pratt has written upon that which he knows, and has confined himself to doctrines which he understands, his arguments are convincing and unanswerable"

What the freak are you talking about?

Pratt had many other writings other then The Seer.  Some of those were ok.  If you could read at at least a 1st grade level, you would see "The Seer" in its entirety, as well as other writings were disowned.   The church didn't say they agreed with some of The Seer, and disagreed with other parts, they disowned the whole thing, as well as other writings.

Even a small child could have understood this by now.  I'm really beginning to doubt your level of education.

A man writes a pamphlet for the church.
The  Church says it's false doctrine and disowns it.
The author apologizes and disowns it as well.

LIEly comes along and says "nope, it is fully true and a major tenant of Mormon beliefs.

Yes, that is how silly you sound.

Still waiting for your source for your claim that the Mormon Church called people liars.

LIEly

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Extractr continues to reject the teaching of Mormon APOSTLE Orson Pratt because he stated that all Mormon gods (before Jesus) were in a fallen state and had to be redeemed.

He has no leg to stand on, as my last post pointed out.

But that aside, Extractr has dodged my questions, so I ask them yet again:

Extractr, if you exceed in Mormonism...  you excel in keeping Mormonism's laws and ordinances...

And you become a god yourself one day, with your own planet, and you have children just like Heavenly Father had you...

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever told a lie"?  Are you going to lie to them or admit that you have lied?

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you"? Are you going to lie to them or admit that you have stolen?

When your children ask you, "Extractr, have you ever lusted after a woman that wasn't your wife"?  Are you going to lie to them, or admit that as Jesus defined it, you committed adultery?

So Extractr, your answers?

I won't hold my breath for his answers...

He realizes just what those questions mean.

Mormonism can't claim its god is sinless, because they can become gods just like him.
View Quote

When you find accepted teachings from Pratt, that discuss that,  and not ones he disowned, let us know,  until then your ignorance is plainly evident.  I See more of your famous "verbatim" quotes, (lies) that are actually no where in Mormon writings, but are simplyyour slander and exaggerations.

I'm not dodging your questions,  anymore then you are dodging your lies.  (Still waiting for that source where the Mormon church called people liars)

So, if you asked Christ those questions,  what would he say?

I am not perfect, the same as any normal man that has ever lived on the earth.

And no, I have never stolen anything or lusted after another woman.

Have you?

LIEly
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Honest question.  Once someone has accepted Christ and is saved, can they lose their salvation?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wow - someone takes themselves way too seriously. I can't speak for anyone else - but I don't hate you or any of smith's cultists. I pity you and them - just as I do the moonies, jehovah's witness, christian science, budhists, etc...I hate none of them. It is just that the Bible says many will be fooled by satan. So, while some seem content to let others fall off the cliff - watching every step they take and never saying a word....I choose not to. Maybe some will take it like you do - as an offense or hate or whatever, others may get mad - but then wonder if in fact they are lost.....smith was just another charlatan who fooled many poor folks...I also feel for the families of smith's cultists - what a sad day indeed!

The good news is that God designed you and me with something missing.....and the only thing that can fill that spot is God. He uses the Holy Sprit and Jesus to fill that missing spot. Many folks try drugs, alcohol, money, education, sex, power and fancy - special - sacred - recommended - selected status.......all of those things are trash, crap or any other word you want to use. They may numb the missing spot - or they may make you feel special that you are in a sacred temple and really cool.....sad thing for you is Jesus came to earth and destroyed the veil - no more special temple - no more priests, bishops, popes or anyone else is needed for you to talk with God. We now have a personal relationship with Him. So if you are involved with a cult where only special, sacred and selected folks are allowed in a temple - well - you are following satan - not God - who wrote the Bible.

Of course that assumes you follow the Bible. It seems many of the cults first add/subtract/from the Bible to give themselves special meaning.

Oh. and sending requests for locks and bans? Really? Talk about little girls...is that the problem here? Hormones flaring up are they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever man, I actually messaged Admin and requested your account be locked.

Ah, so you can talk all the shit you want about the LDS church, slam the prophet, call him a child molester, make remarks about us going to hell because we're Mormons, but I'm a little girl for request your account lock. COOL!

As I said, you are easy, Mustb as easy as 123.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wrong, he accused OP of cursing him out in a past thread and mentioned IMs about said cursing out exchange.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its a he-said, he-said situation. Whether you like it or not... Honestly.

You sound like this is Jr. High. Seriously...

I defended O_P, and O_P would have gotten a hundred more LDS arfcommers to come to his aid if he hadn't timed a he-said, he-said purse fight with moving the goalposts against LDS arfcommers.

Even Fatalerror caught the goalpost move.

Quoted:
Not defend your buddy for falsely accusing old painless.

I defended O_P, said that I had never seen the behavior before from O_P... I also pointed-out that there was more than just O_P who had caught people outright lying in this thread...

What is your deal...?-?

O_P can be correct in demanding an apology...

And Dogface can be correct in pointing-out the blatant goalpost move (that at least one other non-LDS arfcommer caught)...

Looking at it in retrospect, especially with O_P moving the goalposts at the same time, I cannot say that either party (O_P or Dogface) is *completely* innocent here...

Seriously... What is your deal?

Quoted:

Nope. Searched the thread. Those are your words, and your words only... You sound like you are in second grade. Honestly.

Not everyone got behind Constantine. Some stay true to the *original* "Christian" Church. Get over it.

Quoted:
I bet criley would disagree.

Holy crap that's funny. You are going to have to do better. Criley made his bed years and years ago. He has earned his position...

I have had criled on ignore for years. I have not read a criley post for several years... Honestly. What is your point. Most other LDS arfcomers do as well... He is a bonafide antagonist of the highest-order.

I caught him years-ago taking craps in every single thread that *mentioned* the LDS Church... It has been a while since I have even responded to criley directly. He is a joke. He is a caricature.

He was famous for finding old non-doctrinal quotes from long-forgotten LDS folks, and splicing quotes together out-of-context, and combining quotes from different times and situations into, "Here is what LDS folks believe..." He would pretend to have *just* got caught, and pretend that he didn't know what academic integrity was... Time and time again.

I caught him years ago, pointed-out his errors, and when he kept doing it, I put him on *ignore.* It is not like I am worried. He is so over-the-top, he does us a favor by being a caricature. He was the easiest kind of antagonist to prove wrong when I was a missionary.

He lies about LDS Church teachings and doctrines, then pretends not to know any better when he gets caught... Years ago I put him on ignore... I have him on ignore, but his constant and consistent lies about LDS practices and beliefs makes him a bonafide antagonist, wouldn't you agree...?

What was your point? Honestly. Seriously.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top