Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So how long until Police just start calling in an airstrike on suspected "drug homes" instead of risking lives.

I mean drugs = terrorism..... so... drone strikes!
View Quote

That will happen after they raid a house where someone is prepared and kills a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let me guess...no drugs found means the guy is white as snow and a model citizen?
View Quote

No, but it does mean that the police are 0-2 while investigating the citizen they killed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Let me guess...no drugs found means the guy is white as snow and a model citizen?

View Quote

I guess that people are guilty till proven innocent right comrade?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sure he spanked his dog too hard or jaywalked or any other reason that should lead to him being carried out in a body bag.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he spanked his dog too hard or jaywalked or any other reason that should lead to him being carried out in a body bag.

Perhaps he was one of those evil wrong-wood -stacking sunofabitches.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No the truth is worse than what the author wrote.

If you are going to publish something at least be truthful. This case should not even be mentioned in a "bad raid" article because that is not what it was.
View Quote

So you're saying a raid based on false information (from the officers, not a CI) doesn't fit under the umbrella of "bad raid"

You do understand how that sounds, don't you?

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can't find the original article from the newspaper but here ya go
Enjoy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a swat raid against a farm for not stacking firewood properly.

I gotta read that story.

Enjoy

Don't mess with Texas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel much safer.

Meanwhile, the real drug dealers who probably live just two doors down, where everyone knows they are, will continue to operate same same as always.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
a narcotics team from Atlanta killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston during a drug raid on her home, then attempted to plant drugs in her basement to cover its mistake. The team had been relying on a tip from an informant and did no corroborating investigation.

Why do authors lie about things like this? It just taints everything else they write.
View Quote

Did you check to see who the author is?  You'll only need one guess.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep. The cops made the whole thing up. There was no informant. There was no investigation. They wanted a look in the house so they fabricated the whole case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
a narcotics team from Atlanta killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston during a drug raid on her home, then attempted to plant drugs in her basement to cover its mistake. The team had been relying on a tip from an informant and did no corroborating investigation.

Why do authors lie about things like this? It just taints everything else they write.

Ex-Atlanta officers get prison time for cover-up in deadly raid
Link

All three men pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to violate civil rights resulting in death. Smith and Junnier also pleaded guilty to state charges of voluntary manslaughter and making false statements, and Smith admitted to planting bags of marijuana in Johnston's home after her death.

Yep. The cops made the whole thing up. There was no informant. There was no investigation. They wanted a look in the house so they fabricated the whole case.

Wow. Taking up for cops who admitted to planting evidence?

I'm somewhat speechless.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm somewhat speechless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

All three men pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to violate civil rights resulting in death. Smith and Junnier also pleaded guilty to state charges of voluntary manslaughter and making false statements, and Smith admitted to planting bags of marijuana in Johnston's home after her death.

I'm somewhat speechless.

IIRC Bama said those dipshits should be executed.  "Taking up for them" is not what he's doing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
IIRC Bama said those dipshits should be executed.  "Taking up for them" is not what he's doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

I'm somewhat speechless.

This

Bama was not taking up for the dirty cops, he was saying that the author of the article twisted the facts and made it look less severe than it actually was.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Don't mess with Texas.
View Quote

No kidding.

Stack that cordwood proper citizen!

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This
View Quote

Bama was not taking up for the dirty cops, he was saying that the author of the article twisted the facts and made it look less severe than it actually was.

That wasn't clear.  The implication I got was the story was untrue and it was a valid raid.   That would be the normal interpretation of his remarks.  His later clarification that it wasn't a bad raid is bullshit.

Whether a CI lied or an officer lied, either way its a bad raid.  

I agree with Bama that the officers should have been given the death penalty.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That wasn't clear.  The implication I got was the story was untrue and it was a valid raid.   That would be the normal interpretation of his remarks.  His later clarification that it wasn't a bad raid is bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  This

I'll bet Mrs Johnston thought it was a bad raid.........
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Entering a place based on information that proves to be bad intel, is a bad raid.

Entering a place based on information that was made up by the cops that did the raid is far beyond a "bad raid" the cops involved should have gotten premeditated murder charges.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Entering a place based on information that proves to be bad intel, is a bad raid.

Entering a place based on information that was made up by the cops themselves is far beyond a "bad raid"

agreed, which is why I'm hoping Bama will clarify what he meant.

Saying it wasn't a bad raid because the officers made the evidence up seems to be a clintonesque  evasion.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
These stories always confuse the shit out of me, because I can never figure out if they are protecting, or serving.

Maybe both?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

I find it kind of odd they just happened to carry bags of drugs that day.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't mess with Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a swat raid against a farm for not stacking firewood properly.

I gotta read that story.

Enjoy

Don't mess with Texas.

It is a free state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I find it kind of odd they just happened to carry bags of drugs that day.
View Quote

Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Can't you all see? The war on drugs is very successful. Successful at killing innocent people.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

What did the author lie about?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a few more bodies, guys, and we'll have won this war against those evil drugs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#25]
1 ban, 3 locks, 8 pages.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

What part of the statement is false?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone who hasn't become increasingly uncomfortable with no-knocks, the "war" on drugs, etc is completely out to lunch and apparently wants their ass-wiped by the almighty state from cradle to grave...  
View Quote

I don't mind no-knocks, but they seem to be handing them out far too frequently. If there is good evidence that a serial killer was holed up somewhere or some people were planning on setting off some bombs/other act of terrorism, sure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No-knock warrants are for evidence preservation, not police safety, as was pointed out in the OP.  Since they didn't find any evidence, why the no-knock?  I'm guessing the taxpayers are going to be soaked good on this one.  I know if I was one, I'd be calling for the chief's nuts, along with the judge who signed this bullshit warrant.
View Quote

No-Knock entry is constitutionally permissible when the occupant already knows of the officers' presence and purpose, when knocking and announcing would increase the danger to police or the occupants, and when knocking and announcing could lead to destruction of evidence.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The author linked to this article (quote below) that plainly stated the facts. The author quote IMO is out of context and is referring to what the cops claimed (the fact the police made up the informant story).

"We now know that these were all lies. In fact, everything about the Kathryn Johnston murder was corrupt. The initial arrest of the ex-con came via trumped-up charges. The police then invented an informant for the search warrant, and lied about overseeing a drug buy from Johnston's home."
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No-Knock entry is constitutionally permissible when the occupant already knows of the officers' presence and purpose, when knocking and announcing would increase the danger to police or the occupants, and when knocking and announcing could lead to destruction of evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No-knock warrants are for evidence preservation, not police safety, as was pointed out in the OP.  Since they didn't find any evidence, why the no-knock?  I'm guessing the taxpayers are going to be soaked good on this one.  I know if I was one, I'd be calling for the chief's nuts, along with the judge who signed this bullshit warrant.

Years from now drone strikes will be Constitutional for the same reasoning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#31]
One of my favorite lines from Bladerunner:

"You know the score pal, if you ain't cop, your little people!"

And no, VA does not have a Castle Law, it clearly states that you cannot use deadly force to protect property. Though, if you feel your life is in danger you can.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail...
View Quote

This and someone should go to prison for their negligence.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#33]
That would be a head shot or is this like the Bama case where the 5 cops beat an unconsious man into coma then got fired and convicted only to have it overturned and them get their jobs back...  They should all be still in prison even if the guy was guilty the video was bad...
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  He deserved to die though.  No question.

Do I really need to add this:    /sarcasm.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Again, why can't this shit happen to family members of:

SEAL TEAM X

USMC Force Recon

ARMY SF

DELTA FORCE

USMC STA Platoon

Just askin'.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not against the County Mounty.

I'm am dead set against the WOD and unlawfulness {even if it is the Law} by Johnny Law.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The author linked to this article (quote below) that plainly stated the facts. The author quote IMO is out of context and is referring to what the cops claimed (the fact the police made up the informant story).

"We now know that these were all lies. In fact, everything about the Kathryn Johnston murder was corrupt. The initial arrest of the ex-con came via trumped-up charges. The police then invented an informant for the search warrant, and lied about overseeing a drug buy from Johnston's home."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The article in the OP that was from the WAPO is the one that had a misrepresentation of facts, that omitted that fact that the informant was made up.

The CNN article you linked to that had the part of the story you put in bold, Bama was agreeing with you.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Fire and Rope seem to be the answers to home invasions.  Just sayin.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pathetic.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a pretty good indication that the burglar the police were working with is a liar. I mean the first clue is that he's a meth addicted burglar who explained the drugs found with him by saying "it's not my car!"
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone who hasn't become increasingly uncomfortable with no-knocks, the "war" on drugs, etc is completely out to lunch and apparently wants their ass-wiped by the almighty state from cradle to grave...  
View Quote

Wow.  That's post of the day material right there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The article in the OP that was from the WAPO is the one that had a misrepresentation of facts, that omitted that fact that the informant was made up.

The CNN article you linked to that had the part of the story you put in bold, Bama was agreeing with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is Bama provided a quote from the OP and then stated it was lies. Any reasonable person would assume this to mean everything he quoted was a lie. How the fook are we supposed to know what part of the quote he's referring to? Now it just sounds like Bama is back-peddling to cover up his mistake, which is typical for most cops posting here when they are proven wrong.

Quoted:
"a narcotics team from Atlanta killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston during a drug raid on her home, then attempted to plant drugs in her basement to cover its mistake. The team had been relying on a tip from an informant and did no corroborating investigation".

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The problem is Bama provided a quote from the OP and then stated it was lies. Any reasonable person would assume this to mean everything he quoted was a lie. How the fook are we supposed to know what part of the quote he's referring to? Now it just sounds like Bama is back-peddling to cover up his mistake, which is typical for most cops posting here when they are proven wrong.

View Quote

In all fairness, it is ridiculous how carefully cops have to parse their words here. But it's the reality of the situation.

However, it was rather ambiguous.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#44]
How about the old fashion search warrant executed by patrol officers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In all fairness, it is ridiculous how carefully cops have to parse their words here. But it's the reality of the situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Life is like that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Modus operandi. Attack the article when it makes TBL look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/153/63/1063153.gif

Modus operandi. Attack the article when it makes TBL look bad.

I don't recall ever a time where Bama has been a TBL kind of guy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps they learned it from the police?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

What it means is a free man was murdered in his own home by the very organization that is supposed to protect him from being murdered in his own home.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but it does means the police intel was flawed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top