Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, buy a Corvette.

My personal solution is to ride mountain bikes in far off places.
By the time I get back she is starting to look pretty good.
Of course this, over time, is replaced by feeling comfortable returning home to my loved ones.

Mind you, I'm 60 now so while I still admire the female form a new training program is out of the question.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot off good advice has been given.  Marry your best fiend for one.  The poster who made the comment about giving you her life, yeah that its a big fucking deal and you better think hard for both you and her.  The way you stated your OP says you are not ready to get married yet.  She MAY be the right woman for you but YOU are not ready to be married yet.  I met the woman who became my wife when I was 19 and she was 18, we dated for 5 years before getting married.  The start of June will mark 19 years married to my best friend, I lost nothing or miss nothing since marrying her, only gained.  The worst part of my day is when we part ways for work, and I look forward all day to when we are back together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 32 been married for 5 years in June my wife is 13 years older than me and could not be happier.  That said I had an 20 year old delivery girl practically begging for the D (first time that happened) and I had to stop my self from diving in because a piece of ass isn't worth it... Granted next time I had sex with the wife the delivery girl was in my head sooo close enough
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, great advice has been given on this thread. I'd sit down and have a serious talk with your fiancé. Sounds like your not ready and this woman has stood by you. She deserves the truth.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Been married 26 years and she still lets me do things to her that I did in high school. Im a lucky lucky man!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."  Oscar Wilde 

You can spend your life with "the best girl in the world" who has already stuck with you for three years through two deployments or you can continue seeking the "thrill of the chase" until you wind up a bitter asshole with nothing to show for your life and nobody to spend it with except a bunch of memories of those you once loved who are dead while you move about watching others live and love.

I can tell you that for me there is no "thrill of the chase" that I have experienced that compares with that look of someone who wants and loves you or waking up with them every day or that feeling when they run and jump in your arms and look at you as if you are the only person on earth nor any "chase" that fills the void left by that someone who gave you that experience only to leave you waiting for your turn to die.

It's your life.   Do with it what you will.   
View Quote
+1

Being in my early 20s just started looking for a place for my and my girlfriend of almost 5 years to move into and start our lives together I couldn't agree more with this. '

I also was never really one for the chase so I have that bias. I think the things we do together fill that "chase or victory" void did better than any hook up did. We push each other towards our own goals and even share goals together. If she's the one for you I think that the similar will happen for you, you'll just find a different chase.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't miss the chase but right now I miss being single.  Been married 18 years but this point in life I feel like I live with a room mate more than a wife.  If it wasn't for my terrific kids, I'd ask to be deployed overseas and stay there for a while.
View Quote
You are empowered to change that. Toss aside whatever fears or assumptions are between you and show her you are willing to break down those walls.

Lost my marriage of 32 years and wish I could go back to the place in time before it became too late for us.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Granted next time I had sex with the wife the delivery girl was in my head sooo close enough
View Quote
Winning at married sex
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to be a dog, would chase all the poon I could but there's nothing victorious about it. Chatting up a girl for hours for 20-40 minutes of fun then you get to  deal with the awkwardness of getting really personal with someone you don't give a shit about. It's no longer my vision of an ideal life, if it's yours have at it but don't drag a woman down that road with you.

Sex with the wife of 10 years last night was better than any strange I had prior because I actually care about the woman attached to the poon.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going to be honest here and talk some truth that ain't PC...

There are men and then there are men.  Some men are happy to be in a stable, calm, predictable world.  Other men sail ships across the ocean, climb mountains, and crave challenge.  The second group tends to do things like discover new worlds, fight wars, slaughter jihadists, and so on.

Men who crave victory will always crave victory.  They can manage it...but deep inside, that craving is there.  It hurts and it burns and it wants to be fed.  It is reflexive...not always deliberate and it will always circle back, no matter how hard you push it down.

Risk seeking behavior follows those men.  They will do things for fun that are simply dangerous and stupid.  They will take chances where the risk does not outweigh the gain/loss.

Whatever that "risk" is for you...good luck.  War, sex, fast cars, flying, whitewater...whatever your drug, you will crave it forever.  

You can channel that energy into being an awesome father and the best husband in the world...but it will still be there waiting to tap that adrenaline and show you a mountain to climb, an ocean to cross, and a war with your name on it.  

Good luck.
View Quote
This guy knows...  I'm 33, and just now channeling the thrill vs stability.  I'm learning stability out weighs the thrill but the urge still exists.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Remember every night you slept alone and the only pussy you could find was your own hand??

Reach over to your wife tell her you love her and need her.
View Quote

That's gotta be the most pathetic beta bullshit ever posted on the internet.

There is a world of difference between being alone and being lonely...plus most men get less sex after marriage, not more.

Were you so lonely and unable to meet women before marriage?  WTF
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
plus most men get less sex after marriage, not more.
View Quote
Maybe with their partner, but not overall. Long been known by study that married people have more sex than their single counterparts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Fed DC fucking nailed it.

I would tell you what to replace it with, but I haven't found it yet.

Hoping to find some kind of work with the same chase/fight.

Having a girl who is worth it was what got me looking at a solution though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Building a great life together becomes the new chase.
View Quote
Boom.  This post nails it
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
What "thrill" is that?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You know why brides are always smiling when they walk down the aisle?
It's because they know they never have to give a blow job ever again.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Everybody who has been in a committed relationship has wondered this.
Perfectly normal.
It's what you do with that counts....
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is easy to chase loose women....

It is hard to keep one good woman.

Good luck.
View Quote
Speak for your self.  I feel like an old dog chasing cars I can't catch...  

Happens when you get to your mid 40's I suppose...
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top