Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You know why brides are always smiling when they walk down the aisle?
It's because they know they never have to give a blow job ever again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not married, been engaged for 4 months to a woman I have dated for 4 years.

I think you have the wrong idea, I'm not done with the chase, but now the chase is focused on one specific woman.
View Quote
Been married for 21yrs. After the first several years or baby, you gotta chase them again. A little wine, some flowers... Maybe just do the dishes for her...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

hopefully the thrill never goes away.
View Quote
You find the right one and I guarantee it only gets more thrilling

Being married is one of the coolest things ever.

I am 27 and have been with my wife for 11 years and married for 4

Marry your best friend.  Don't just marry your gf

Marry your best friend, it makes all the difference in the world
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's called growing up and being an adult. There's alot of things in life that feel good and or enjoyable that you put aside once you grow up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tag for insight on my favorite sex.
View Quote
You expect someone to bring up chickens?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are a douche bag, it probably never goes away.  If you have self control and a high moral character, it goes away when you say "I do".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as I am getting laid as often as I want / need.  Nah.

That being said control it if it does.  I may be a bastard but I'm a loyal bastard!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
The heck with the chase.
You caught it, now it's time to enjoy feasting on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, if you are worried about that then you are not ready to be married.  Don't do it at this time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
30 years old. Just got engaged a couple months ago. Been through 2 deployments together over 3 years, best girl in the world in my opinion.

That being said, just being with one woman scares the ever living shit out of me. I feel like I will miss the thrill of the chase. Does it ever go away? How do you deal?
View Quote

If you are "missing the thrill" just a few months after getting engaged.....you need to get out of the engagement, because you are going to end up cheating on your wife one of these days.  And if you have kids....they don't deserve a shitty dad like that....
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're going to marry her, she should be your best friend. You should have a sense of loyalty and respect for her and yourself. If any of these things are not true do not get married.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I ain't getting married unless I'm 50+ and she is rich and cooks me 4 meals a.day
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you are a douche bag, it probably never goes away.  If you have self control and a high moral character, it goes away when you say "I do".
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
30 years old. Just got engaged a couple months ago. Been through 2 deployments together over 3 years, best girl in the world in my opinion.

That being said, just being with one woman scares the ever living shit out of me. I feel like I will miss the thrill of the chase. Does it ever go away? How do you deal?
View Quote

You are not ready to get married.

I predict an Arfcom curse thread in your future.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You want a successful marriage? Continue to chase your Wife.
View Quote
This right here
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#16]
That "thrill" you describe is an immature notion.

Be an adult and understand that marriage still involves romance (with the one you married). It still requires effort. It requires attention. And it requires love.

Now, this works so long as you're both committed to this level. That's key. Also yes, you're both still human, so you can look at the opposite sex and still think they're attractive. You're married, not dead. But don't cross the line into flirting... or worse.

If you're not prepared for this commitment be up front with your fiancée and let her know. A relationship built on lies is not bound for greatness.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you found the right woman, that shit won't matter. I'm 32. My wife is my dream girl, my fantasy girl, and my best friend. The only "Thrill of the chase" I need it chasing her around the house, throwing her over my shoulder, and tossing her on the bed/couch/counter/chair/floor... Been with her about 9 years now, and it's been like that the whole time. Never once did I worry about being stuck with one girl forever. I just thought how awesome it was that I'd get to have her forever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Never, the thrill is a ways there. Either you fight the thrill, or give in and chase
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I enjoy the happy marriage threads.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Been married 32 years and have never cheated. I see 2 sides to a marriage....emotional and physical. Fortunately , my wife is awesome both sides. My best buddy, and extremely attractive even at 54 years old.

I have to be honest.....if one of those things weren't there, I'm not sure what would have happened. If she were a bitch, I would have bailed. If she let herself go.....I don't like to think I'm that shallow but maybe I would have bailed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I never really enjoyed the chase, so no, I don't miss it.

There have been a few times where I could have, maybe that animal part of you will want to, but you have to walk away.
View Quote
This.   I really didn't care for the sorting part.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I enjoy the happy marriage threads.  
View Quote
Indeed.  Single life is not for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You want a successful marriage? Continue to chase your Wife.
View Quote
This. Continue to pursue your soon to be wife throughout marriage and you will know each other at an ever deeper level. That will heavily contribute to a long-lasting and strong marriage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#25]
In a few years you're going to go out to a bar or something with some friends and that's when you'll realize how good you have it, how lucky you are to have a dependable woman at home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I stopped chasing all but one on January 28, 1979.

No regrets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I never chased girls around, I always preferred long-term stable relationships. 

I don't miss it at all. Love having a partner for shooting, crime, and groceries. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I love being married.

Being married makes me a better person, gave me the joy that is my son and allowed me to discover that happiness is a myth.

Happiness is fleeting at best. The satisfaction and contentment being a husband and father is more than I could hope for.

No moist hole will ever compare.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Building a great life together becomes the new chase.
View Quote
Disclaimer!
Maturity required.

Unscrupulous Poon-Hounds need not apply.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Flirt up the hot women at the office, lead them along until they're ready to do the deed, then put up the border wall of ice.
 Satisfying on many levels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#31]
So, she is the best girl in the world and you still want to chase puss?

Sorry OP...you're either immature, stupid or both.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#32]
You are looking at this the wrong way. The thrill of the chase isn't gone. I've been married 24 years come July and I still chase my wife all the time. She chases me, too. I find little post-it notes here and there, letters tucked into my pants pocket, and she's been known to leave some very detailed voice messages on my phone.

Likewise, I'll stop and put a couple dozen flowers in her car or a balloon bouquet or both while she's at work. I'll write a heartfelt letter and have it delivered to her job certified so she has to sign for it. I buy her things out of the blue. I work from home but I will wake up about thirty minutes before she does, make her coffee and breakfast, and then start the car so it's warm in the winter for her. I also leave her pretty detailed voice messages.

You aren't condemning yourself to sleeping with the same woman for the rest of your life. You're giving yourself so completely to a woman that she will know your every erogenous zone, your every pleasure, and every move it takes to give you release. You will also know that about her and it will make your sex life extraordinary because there will be no shyness, secrets, boundaries, or fumbling around trying to figure the 'new' out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Once you stick it in crazy and she devotes her life to trying to destroy yours, will appreciate a woman that truly enjoys making you happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Since you like the chase that desire will come and go.  Don't deny it but don't set yourself up for hard decisions.  When the time comes flirt with women that are working or whatever like that, so you are protected.  It really is a thrill to have a woman show interest in you even if you can't act on it.  So instead of getting her number you go back to work and tell the story.   For my wife and I we tell each other those stories, up to a point anyway.   I hate wearing jewelry plus got it caught when working on a ladder, so rarely wear it.  Hers is a large fake stone, so not comfortable.  She works from home so only wears it if she is putting on makeup.   One of those my wife told me is the guy at the meat counter of her favorite grocery store always rushed to help her and was super friendly.   She neither encouraged nor discouraged, just appreciated the extra service.  I was with her one day and he has snubbed her ever since.  There has to be some trust and more time together before you can swap stories or be casual on wearing rings.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm going to be honest here and talk some truth that ain't PC...

There are men and then there are men.  Some men are happy to be in a stable, calm, predictable world.  Other men sail ships across the ocean, climb mountains, and crave challenge.  The second group tends to do things like discover new worlds, fight wars, slaughter jihadists, and so on.

Men who crave victory will always crave victory.  They can manage it...but deep inside, that craving is there.  It hurts and it burns and it wants to be fed.  It is reflexive...not always deliberate and it will always circle back, no matter how hard you push it down.

Risk seeking behavior follows those men.  They will do things for fun that are simply dangerous and stupid.  They will take chances where the risk does not outweigh the gain/loss.

Whatever that "risk" is for you...good luck.  War, sex, fast cars, flying, whitewater...whatever your drug, you will crave it forever.  

You can channel that energy into being an awesome father and the best husband in the world...but it will still be there waiting to tap that adrenaline and show you a mountain to climb, an ocean to cross, and a war with your name on it.  

Good luck.
View Quote
I definitely fall into category 2. I share these sentiments as well. Thank you
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

hopefully the thrill never goes away.

This x2
I'm 26 been with my wife 11 yrs married for 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tag for insight on my favorite sex.
View Quote
Married sex?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Just find a chick that lets you bang other chicks with her.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I always found "the chase" to be woefully depressing.

I stumbled across my wife at your age, and am happier for it.

We've both watched so many of our friends get divorced over the years, we appreciate having found each other.
View Quote
Same, but I was younger. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I definitely fall into category 2. I share these sentiments as well. Thank you
View Quote
So now you feel you have been validated.  WELL DON'T GET MARRIED NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

And by the way that post is a crock.  It fits some men, and other I know have managed to balance both.  

I am married 24 years to my best friend.  My advice to you is don't get married.  You seem to be too selfish at this point(the counter point to the romanticized post you fell in love with).

*also curious how many new worlds you have discovered, how many wars you fought in, or how many jihadists you have slaughtered. Not making light, serious question.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I got tired of 'the chase'.  Just one bimbo after another.

Finally found my wife and never looked back.  Been married almost 2 years now and have a 4 month at home and life couldn't be any better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#43]
lol you'll never stop chasing your wife . She'll play you like a fiddle if she's like most women .
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#44]
been married for 33 years. No complaints. the thrill isn't what it is about. You'll figure that out eventually, or you will be divorced.

your focus may be the wrong one.

best thing I ever did was get married.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Not really, sometimes I wonder if I could catch a hottie, but I've been practicing not getting myself on a date for 20 something years now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I never really enjoyed the chase, so no, I don't miss it.
View Quote
Yep...the chase was the worst part of it.  Don't miss it, don't want to go back.

If my marriage were to not work out (ie, she gets tired of me ) I know I won't bother trying again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Was looking for the right words but found a pic instead. This is our 34th year of marriage, she was 18 and I was 20 when we were married. We have endured many deployments, illnesss and all of the other minutiae that make up a long term relationship.

In a word, if you are doing it right the chase never ends. It's present at 0500 when I kiss her good bye and again at 1900 when I kiss her hello. Every time I open the door for her and in candid moments like the one in the pic above captured by our DIL.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#48]
First you need to figure out what you want in life.

Do you want a stable relationship? Do you want to chase tail for pleasure? Do you want a companion? Do you want to be left alone? Do you want a lady in the street and a demon in the sheets? Do you want a baby maker? Are you ok by yourself? Do you work better with another person around? Lots of things you need to figure out. And until you figure yourself out, and what you value, you will not be able to decide if a long term marriage is for you. And the incongruity will never allow your happiness.

If you pick one that is not who you are, you will never be settled on the inside.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Op , you have a woman is is giving you her life . Her one life. Her only life .

That deserves a hell of a lot more respect than , "omg I won't be allowed to pick up bar skanks anymore , wtfbbq what am I gonna do?"

What you should be thinking : This wonderful woman that I think is awesome is giving me her life , holy fucking shit, am I worthy of THAT?

And then you set out to prove that you are
View Quote
This is one of the most profound things I've read on arfcom.  You nailed it, sir.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't get married, OP.

You'll still do it, but I gave you fair warning.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top