BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm prior airborne infantry, not too bright and not scared of heights. $55K you say? I'm listening, go on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's looking in the wrong sectors.

If he's willing to climb I would probably give him $55K a year to start Monday.

I'm prior airborne infantry, not too bright and not scared of heights. $55K you say? I'm listening, go on.

Antenna towers? I used to climb 'em and jump off of 'em for fun! I always thought it would be cool to be a tower rat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

NFL cheerleader?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the field I am competing for a job in, he would stand close to a zero percent chance of being hired.

NFL cheerleader?

Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm betting his inability to find a job has more to do with his choice of shitty football team than his tattoos.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Law Enforcement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the field I am competing for a job in, he would stand close to a zero percent chance of being hired.

NFL cheerleader?

Law Enforcement.

Should have gone with cheerleading...more manly...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He is a slow learner and it shows
View Quote

Not to mention he likely has no marketable skills.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#6]
We have paper and computers, if you want to record ideas, do it that way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can I claim discrimination for my choice of religion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't think anyone but him chose to get those tats... Can't claim discrimination for a self-made choice last time I checked.

Where was he applying?

Can I claim discrimination for my choice of religion?

Only if you don't run a wedding chapel or wedding cake bakery.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't take people seriously in public unless they wear sleeves. Also, if you look like you fell asleep on a comic book,  you'd better already have a job.
View Quote

I am glad I was not drinking my coffee when I read that!!!!  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Misled by whom?
View Quote

His tattoo artist, who said "This stuff looks great! Very professional work!"
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Tattoos all over is neck.
Flat brimmed hat.
Dressed in a football tank top and football hat.

I'm shocked he couldn't get a job.  Shocked!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
As a man who has tattoos and plans on more, it's a risk you take. Not discrimination.

I think it's silly but still not discrimination.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Strap on 70 pounds of harness and tools. Climb up a cell tower and fix shit on top. Heights vary from 150-400' and the work is physically demanding, outdoors, all fuckin day long.

You get to go out on the road and live in an Extended Stay type hotel room for 6-8 weeks at a time, work is 60-100 hours a week, we fly you anywhere in the US for your "time off" after your turn out and pay to get you back to the site, or a new one. It's a pretty cool gig, lots of neat technology (you have to be half smart to do it) and the ability to move up in the ranks starts immediately. Get good enough and we put you in a nice company truck, driving to sites to check on them for $120K a year.

It's hard work but, it's not bad work. Money's good, no time to spend it. The only real downside is that you're on the road for weeks/months on end. It's hard as fuck on a family. Great job for single guys who like to be outdoors and the "brotherhood" feeling of a tight knit crew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's looking in the wrong sectors.

If he's willing to climb I would probably give him $55K a year to start Monday.

Strap on 70 pounds of harness and tools. Climb up a cell tower and fix shit on top. Heights vary from 150-400' and the work is physically demanding, outdoors, all fuckin day long.

You get to go out on the road and live in an Extended Stay type hotel room for 6-8 weeks at a time, work is 60-100 hours a week, we fly you anywhere in the US for your "time off" after your turn out and pay to get you back to the site, or a new one. It's a pretty cool gig, lots of neat technology (you have to be half smart to do it) and the ability to move up in the ranks starts immediately. Get good enough and we put you in a nice company truck, driving to sites to check on them for $120K a year.

It's hard work but, it's not bad work. Money's good, no time to spend it. The only real downside is that you're on the road for weeks/months on end. It's hard as fuck on a family. Great job for single guys who like to be outdoors and the "brotherhood" feeling of a tight knit crew.

I design the stuff that goes on top of the tower, and I feel bad for the dudes that have to carry it up there. We try and reduce as much weight as we can, but most devices are still effing heavy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm.... I have a high-responsibility job with lots of decision making involved that I need to fill.... should I hire this guy that is openly displaying multiple examples of really shitty decision-making ability and lack of long-term thinking?  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am twice the inkie that guy is.
Never had a problem finding a good job.

Go get a degree idiot.
View Quote

This.  If the disenfranchised inkie had a Master's Degree in engineering from a decent university with a concentration/focus on structural analysis through finite element modelling and he was willing to dress in work appropriate clothing I could almost guarantee him an interview and quite possibly a job within two weeks.  One of the guys I work with has major Polynesian design tattoos all the way up and down one arm.  I know because he wears a polo shirt on Fridays.  Zero fucks are given by our management because he's a sharp engineer with great credentials.  Honestly, I'd say most tattoos aren't any sort of a hurdle in an East Coast tech based job.  

Now, have a GED education and dress like a clown, not much I can do for him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Somewhere, under all of that hair dye and artificial fiber is a very depressed, bitter, angry woman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reminds me of this chick in Canada that started a petition for the government to stop people from discriminating on looks when hiring.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Je0og7A_JpsEqvhmEhv0YJR-a3evzpjVix4ExuEpP7YTDQvXJU5COZ-QLyIo5gbbitV8jc-wAw1JteJUt7nXosuTor_zoZr7Hc1CvdDETkLr3L0=w418-h626-nc

Somewhere, under all of that hair dye and artificial fiber is a very depressed, bitter, angry woman.

Who looks as if she has to pee.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#16]
One would think if he has enough disposable income to get marked up he wouldn't have to worry about a job since
he has plenty of money.  I am sure that ink would have made a nice start to a college fund for the child he chose to "honor".

Free country and I have no problem with tats.  I don't have any, but you sort of set yourself up to fail scooter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Dress code Bitch....
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#18]
This whole thread reminds me of the whiny girl that got a job at a Christian bookstore and wanted to come to work  in goth clothing and makeup.

She got upset when they told her to shape up or leave.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Work the pit at Jiffy Lube.  No-one will ever see you.
View Quote

Or maybe a jizz mopper at the local adult bookstore or man the glory hole, filthy inky.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Same as this dude?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Inkies have been with us for so long, and there are so many inked up 'individuals' out there.  Surely some of them have made their way into middle management HR positions capable of hiring a fine young man like him.

I say we rally for an Affirmative  Ink Act Tattoo Measure.
View Quote

Updated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Dipshit. Mgr of Fries is always avail for inkies... Don't have a problem with inkies and people with nose rings but a great many of them seem to be unable to comprehend that no one owes them a job and that employers may legally discriminate against them. Yes, dipshit was discriminated against, but it was appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Boy, I say, Boy! Tuck those ears under your hat and empty this deep fat fryer!
View Quote

Am I the only person who read this and heard Foghorn Leghorn's voice?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#25]
For me it's the flat bill hat
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Choices.
View Quote

Have consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0oQCh_teg
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#27]

He should trying wearing a suit to the interview, you wouldnt even be able to see his "cool ink" if he were dressed appropriately.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Neck/face tattoos = crazy person

Everyone knows that.
View Quote
no one is noticing the blantant crazy eyes?

and WTF with everyone saying "go throw $200K into the college school system to be more specialer like everyone else....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#29]
... hey, YOLO

Also, think of it this way- it's hard enough eking out a living. Try doing it with a sign on your skin permanently proclaiming to society, "DOUCHE BAG HERE"

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

... hey, YOLO

Also, think of it this way- it's hard enough eking out a living. Try doing it with a sign on your skin saying permanently proclaiming to society, "HEY, DOUCHE BAG HERE"

View Quote

<Running out to get fully inked!!!>  Be right back!!!!  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess this guy never heard of long sleeved, collared shirts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#32]
If I owned a business I would not hire a guy who came in looking like that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#33]

That was some funny shit!

Is there more?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Had a deckhand last year with the last name Roach, he looked as much a doofus as that guy and I fired him in under 24 hours.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top