Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly how old was the "minor" during this? Depending on DOB she could have been 16, which is the AOC in PA.

View Quote

Said she is 19 now, and it occurred 3.5 years ago.

"between May 15, 2011, and Sept. 1, 2011"
"interviewed the victim, who is now 19"
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
polys are stressful. esp full scopes. I was honest and revealed more than I could remember during mine, certainly due to the stressful nature of it.

that being said, never bagged a minor
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Have you ever committed a crime?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they always polygraph new cadets and give them strange questions?

Have you ever committed a crime?

That was probably the question that tripped this genius up.

I wonder what they would do if you answered "Probably! Have you seen that book where average people commit 4 felonies a day!".
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly how old was the "minor" during this? Depending on DOB she could have been 16, which is the AOC in PA.

She could have been 15 on the first encounter and that's what screwed him..

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My brother interviewed to be a cop right out of college.  He said his poly consisted of all kinds of random shit.. like asking if he has had sex with animals and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother interviewed to be a cop right out of college.  He said his poly consisted of all kinds of random shit.. like asking if he has had sex with animals and shit.

Hahaha so true. Some of the questions are quite strange.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

It was ... weird.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sex crimes is one of the main lines of questioning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sex crimes is one of the main lines of questioning.

questions involving sex crimes, drug use / drug crimes, wildlife poaching, animal abuse, child abuse, theft,
intentions to use your position for bad things, have you ever made a plan to rob an armored car, ect. have
been asked in the past by various local, state, federal, and armored car companies
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They polygraphed my brother six times because they could not believe he had not tried weed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They polygraphed my brother six times because they could not believe he had not tried weed.

I would say though that is excessive it's also understandable why they were skeptical.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Derp.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And if she were born May 14th 1995 she would have been legal according to PA law, with the exception of that "corruption of a minor" charge which is a bullshit charge.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You can't just leave us hanging like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother is an LEO.  He was asked if he had ever had sex with an animal before.

He's now a Florida Trooper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
No shit, had a guy go take the poly and admit to recent drug use.

I'm thinking, why the fuck go in there if you know they are going to ask you this shit? It's not a secret what the questions are.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]
never tell them anything you haven't already told them, pretty simple
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes to the polygraph.

They don't have to give you strange questions - they give you questions like "is there anything you are intentionally withholding from me today?"

That will make your mind go bananas trying to think of stuff if you're not hiding anything...

If you are hiding something - your brain will focus on it - or focus on suppressing it - either way, you're cooked.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother is an LEO.  He was asked if he had ever had sex with an animal before.

Florida??

So yes or no on sex with animals????

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here is the Alaska State Troopers packet https://antipolygraph.org/documents/alaska-state-trooper.pdf
View Quote

So in Florida weed is ok unless it was in the last year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

He should have applied at a department that doesn't do a poly.
View Quote

It takes about an hour of research to educate yourself enough to render them even more worthless than they already are.. If you really give a shit, that is. CVSA's are even more bullshit than polys and they're commonly used still

Polys are pretty much only good for getting the truth out of stupid and/or gullible people.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do those exist?  Even my small town does polygraphs.   Or the candidates believe they do.

It may be an etch-a-sketch wired into a set of jumper cables and a speak-n-spell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do those exist?  Even my small town does polygraphs.   Or the candidates believe they do.

It may be an etch-a-sketch wired into a set of jumper cables and a speak-n-spell.
That's pretty much what a real polygraph machine is, anyway.  It's a device to trick stupid people into confessing to crimes and nothing else.

Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanssen both passed multiple polygraph exams while lying their asses off.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was not one of the polygraph questions.  There is a lengthy "interview" that leads up to the polygraph portion. He probably made his admission before the actual test.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It takes about an hour of research to educate yourself enough to render them even more worthless than they already are.. If you really give a shit, that is. CVSA's are even more bullshit than polys and they're commonly used still
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Polys are pretty much only good for getting the truth out of stupid and/or gullible people.

If the polygraph does what they claim it does, the easiest way to defeat it is to tell nothing but lies on every question.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#23]
In the 70s they sold "bio feed back" devices that you could use to teach yourself to trick polygraph machines.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

Have you ever had sex with animals?

Do you love your mother?

Have you pirated music?

Pretty typical.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In the 70s they sold "bio feed back" devices that you could use to teach yourself to trick polygraph machines.
View Quote

Aint hard, just squeeze your butt hole shut or hold your breath for every question. There is a reason polygraphs suck, and arent used as evidence in courts. Voice analysis is harder to beat, but not by much.

A polygraph works like cofessing before a crucifix or the bible. It is all about the psychological stress that makes people actually admit to wrong doing.

any semi functioning socipath could pass both of those tests with minimal or no training.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The weird questions are designed to throw you off. We get applicants with fucked up shit all the time. At least once every hiring cycle we call one into the station and arrest them for their outstanding warrants.
View Quote
I tested with a very large department in another state over a series of day. The minimum requirements / disqualifying stuff was published. The first "test" we took was a multiple choice deal that asked about drug use, credit history, criminal history, employment history etc.

A good quarter of the people returning from lunch failed the test and were told to leave.  So they volunteered information about themselves that they knew they would disqualify them / didn't meet the minimum requirements and they paid over 100 bucks to take the test.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would say though that is excessive it's also understandable why they were skeptical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say that's harassment and slavish reliance on a device that's only marginally less junk science than phrenology or a Scientology e-meter.

This is coming from a guy who is extremely familiar with monitoring subtle changes on multiple biological parameters in real time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I went through the process to become a penn state trooper.

They tell you that they want to see you tell the truth its not about your conduct of your past.

I am in the military and was disqualified to things i admitted to doing while under the age of 17.

Have you ever assaulted anyone?

well yeah i was in a fight in highschool and gave the guy a black eye.

Among other things, i was disqualified for shit i did when i was a kid.

I received a letter saying that they want people of high standards and i dont fit it.
They probably hired some minority on affirmative action points while i get denied while i serve in the military for telling the truth.

their loss in my eyes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Had a couple college buddies go LAPD. They played these games during interviews involving chair placement in the room to see how aggressive you are, and if too aggressive to be a cop.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Aint hard, just squeeze your butt hole shut or hold your breath for every question. There is a reason polygraphs suck, and arent used as evidence in courts. Voice analysis is harder to beat, but not by much.

A polygraph works like cofessing before a crucifix or the bible. It is all about the psychological stress that makes people actually admit to wrong doing.

any semi functioning socipath could pass both of those tests with minimal or no training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those and I've heard biting the tongue while answering a known false at the beginning makes your later lies not show as deceptive or some such. I've got a couple books like 'the lie behind the lie detector' but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. One thing everyone agrees on is how easy it is to 'beat' them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sure do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do those exist?

Sure do.

None allowed in this state.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those and I've heard biting the tongue while answering a known false at the beginning makes your later lies not show as deceptive or some such. I've got a couple books like 'the lie behind the lie detector' but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. One thing everyone agrees on is how easy it is to 'beat' them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, or a pin in te shoe is an old school trick.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

before what? lunch?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I went through the process to become a penn state trooper.

They tell you that they want to see you tell the truth its not about your conduct of your past.

I am in the military and was disqualified to things i admitted to doing while under the age of 17.

Have you ever assaulted anyone?

well yeah i was in a fight in highschool and gave the guy a black eye.

Among other things, i was disqualified for shit i did when i was a kid.

I received a letter saying that they want people of high standards and i dont fit it.
They probably hired some minority on affirmative action points while i get denied while i serve in the military for telling the truth.

their loss in my eyes.
View Quote

That's odd. I got into a ton of fights when I was young. I hit 6' and 200lbs in 6th grade so I was bigger than everyone else, and I would actively look for other kids that were dicks just to goad them into fighting.

It was a non-issue on my poly. They tested me twice though because they didn't believe I've never tried any drugs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife was HR for a small police department for a few years and was constantly amazed at the things people would confess to during the vetting process.  I guess people think if they are honest about illegal or immoral conduct it will be excused.
Rick
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#37]
All he had to do was think of this:

Well, maybe...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like he didn't...

PASS!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the polygraph does what they claim it does, the easiest way to defeat it is to tell nothing but lies on every question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, that's why you're asked a series of control questions first that they already know the answers to. Is your name such and such, do you live at such and such street, etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#41]
A polygraph cannot find a lie at all. It is an interrogation tool to trip[ up the idiots.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Ive taken numerous polygraphs when I was trying to pursue a career in LE, Ive lied and Ive told the truth and each time it showed deception. The funny thing is that these polygraphers all fit the same profile.  They are these pencil dick nerds that all think that they are the "best" at what they do.  They all give you the same speal that "We're not looking for any angels..............blahh blah blah.   If you tell the truth, your fucked, If you lie your fucked.  If you've lived in a shell your whole life, of a certain ethnic background, or are 5ft tall, weigh 90lbs with big tits and a tight ass, you might be ok. I  fit none of those 3 so, I figure LE is not the career for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
The animal question always gets me. You are already nervous, and then you feel like they are going to think you fuck animals if you stress during the question. I almost wonder if normal people stress more, because they don't want to fuck it up somehow.Kinda like how on "have you stolen anything" most people have their mind racing and a shitbag pops out "no" like he is Jesus himself.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The animal question always gets me. You are already nervous, and then you feel like they are going to think you fuck animals if you stress during the question. I almost wonder if normal people stress more, because they don't want to fuck it up somehow.Kinda like how on "have you stolen anything" most people have their mind racing and a shitbag pops out "no" like he is Jesus himself.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

haha I'd be like now wait just a minute.. Is shoulder deep in a cow's puss considered foreplay, or do I get a pass since I was trying to pull a calf out?  

She sure as hell didn't like it and neither did I.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Between the polygraph, the MMPI and the CPI I don't think any stone was unturned.

No.

<erase>

Yes.

<erase>

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Between the polygraph, the MMPI and the CPI I don't think any stone was unturned.

At times I feel like smashing things

No.

<erase>

Yes.

<erase>

No.

"If you don't feel crazy going in, you'll feel crazy coming out."
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-employment polygraphs have been illegal for most jobs since 1988.
LEO is one of the jobs that is still allowed.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/statutes/poly01.pdf
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can attest to this
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My coworkers tell me we had an applicant in the past answer yes to that question.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You would, or perhaps wouldnt, be surprised to find out that many a chicken fucker or peanut butter on the balls types have been weeded out hired during backgrounds because of those questions.

Work with many a background investigator who has encountered that shit during interviews or polygraphs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would, or perhaps wouldnt, be surprised to find out that many a chicken fucker or peanut butter on the balls types have been weeded out hired during backgrounds because of those questions.

Work with many a background investigator who has encountered that shit during interviews or polygraphs.

FIFY
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top