Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If they can make them for a decent price and they'll fit all AK manufactures, then GREAT!

It would be nice to have an American made, well priced AK mag that fits all AK mag wells!
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
If they made one for 5.56 AK's, I'd buy 20 in a split-second.

That said, I may buy 10 of these. Maybe...
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
My issue with Tapco mags for example are that they don't fit my Chinese mag well, but all surplus mags fit everything it seems!

I sure hope these will fit all AK receivers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
10 rounders for cali please!
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck 30's they should be producing 60's...........................I don't own an AK yet but I will damn sure start stocking mags later this summer for when I do
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No steel reinforced lugs = JUNK

AK mags without the metal inserts are just range toy only crap.

My Bulgarian ones seem to have held up just fine.

Keep at it, try the " spetnaz" mag change or use them as primary mags in a class and see how long they last.

Hell, see what happens when you miss the front lug and get it locked by the rear lug only.

The standard combat fix for that is to kick the mag out.

Try any of this and see what happens to plastic lugs.

All plastic AK mags are fucking shit.

This is why we are building a version with the steel re-enforcements similar to the Bulgarian version which we like.

Even though I have a supply of Russian bakelite, mixed Euro steel and a cluster of smooth back Chinese for my rifles I would buy a bunch of your AK PMAGs. Some plastic for training/range and the steel reinforced just to add to my zombie apoc-a-liss stash. My PMAG to USGI ratio is heavily skewed already in the AR department.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Cant i just get some plain, slab side steel reinforced mags for my 74s in brown, plum or black. I dont need all the fancy (ugly) checkerboard pattern.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I love ANYTHING Magpul!!!!! I can't wait!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Steel mags for AK's are fine.  I will not buy these.

PMAGS for AR's arguably had some potentially good improvements like a constant curve and better follower.

Bulgarian polymer mags are already fine.  They just needed to sell them for $12 instead of $28 each.

New Bulgarian mags are going for nearly 50 dollars now, so they're basically a waste of money.  Steel mags are good, but like the Bulgarian mags don't count for 922r without installing US parts.

I don't know what the final price is going to be, but if Magpul can sell their all polymer AK mags for around 15 dollars and the reinforced version in the lower 20 dollar range these mags would be a good deal in today's market.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now they need to make some Mini-14 mags as well.................then they can take my money again

Just pretend you have Mini-14 mags and throw your ammo in the trash.  You'll be as close to your target as you would be shooting it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

These mags do have steel reinforcing lugs.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Failed before they even started no 5.56 AK mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant you guys buy "repair" kits?
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant you guys buy "repair" kits?

Yeah the vendors willing to sell a 30 rounder as a repair mag are few and far between these days unfortunately
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If they're every bit as good (or better) than the Bulgarian ones for half the price or less we'll have a winner.

This is truth Circle 10's are the cats ass in AK Mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm down to be a beta tester of these mags where do I sign up? I feel confident that magpul will get these right and at a fair market price. Patiently waiting to give you my money. Oh and will there be any colors besides black? Making a bakelite knock off and plum colored knock off would be huge sellers especially if you can make them slab sided. Fde would sell pretty quick too I'm betting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep at it, try the " spetnaz" mag change or use them as primary mags in a class and see how long they last.

Hell, see what happens when you miss the front lug and get it locked by the rear lug only.

This is why we are building a version with the steel re-enforcements similar to the Bulgarian version which we like.

You just got my business.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Magpul - PLEASE LORD MAKE A 5.45x39 mag - plum or firebrick red

And DJ - nice to see your timeout is over.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#24]

they had a whole crate full of steel Euro's for 8.00 last fall at Knob Creek..
I didnt want to carry them around...stupid me
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I think its awesome they are pumping out P mags and still coming up with new badass products.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be a beta tester too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#27]
The idea has all kinds of merit.

The Magpul guys have already succinctly stated many of the positives.

Another  positive deals with money.  When US PALM AK30s came, Bulgarian Circle 10s dropped in price to stay competitive.  With these coming out, hopefully the samething will occur.

I would like to see the mags in 25rd capacity instead of 30.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#28]
If the reinforced version is on par with Bulgarian circle 10's I'm buying a truck load.

I hope we'll finally have a great US made AK mag.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems kinda funny they would announce a new mag, then in the same breath say that there's a better version coming out soon after. I guess they're counting on the "has the have the latest thing" crowd to buy up a ton of the all poly ones, then when they see the better ones buy again. Magpul is becoming the Apple of the firearms industry.

ETA: That said I love their shit and will be buying more of it, but not the MOE AK mags. I also have a new iPod...

E(again)TA: I only bought a new iPod because I broke the hell out of my old one. It was really old. Not because I needed the newest one, and I bought it used.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Black or Plum would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you have my attention.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
These are WAY slimmer than US Palm.

This is the MOE version, which will not be steel reinforced, but we're getting some great results just with our material.  We have the first molded parts in hand, testing and will probably be some changes.  Should be out late summer early fall.

The steel reinforced version, with real, solid steel tab and trunnion engagement reinforcements, is in the works.  Goal is to be shipping around SHOT show.  

The cool kids shoot 5.45mm.  You know you wanna be a cool kid.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My issue with Tapco mags for example are that they don't fit my Chinese mag well, but all surplus mags fit everything it seems!

I sure hope these will fit all AK receivers.

My issue with Tapco mags is they have no metal reinforcements and the front and rear locking lugs can snap off.  Tapco will replace and pay shipping both ways but that gets old and if mags are ever banned from manufacture the warranty is worthless.

My Bulgarian polymer mags and metal suplus mags never fail.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Seems kinda funny they would announce a new mag, then in the same breath say that there's a better version coming out soon after. I guess they're counting on the "has the have the latest thing" crowd to buy up a ton of the all poly ones, then when they see the better ones buy again. Magpul is becoming the Apple of the firearms industry.

ETA: That said I love their shit and will be buying more of it, but not the MOE AK mags. I also have a new iPod...

Yep no MOE for me. Once the steel reinforced ones hit though....

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

E(again)TA: I only bought a new iPod because I broke the hell out of my old one. It was really old. Not because I needed the newest one, and I bought it used.

Lot of low end users actually like Pro Mags except for the fact that you can't drop them full loaded.

Look at how many gun buyers shoot a hundred rounds or less per year.

They load each mag once, use it once, have " only one jam "  and tell all their friends how reliable it is.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#36]
If they would just make a Pmag with AK locking lugs so I could use them in my Bulgarian and galils in 5.56 then I would be happy.
Tons of decent plastic 7.62x39 AK mags out there, but nothing but expensive circle 10 mags for the 5.56 market.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Another  positive deals with money.  When US PALM AK30s came, Bulgarian Circle 10s dropped in price to stay competitive.  With these coming out, hopefully the samething will occur.

I would like to see the mags in 40rd capacity instead of 30.

FIFY

ETA: Please god, err I mean magpul, make 40 rounders. I promise to buy 60 steel reinforced 40 rounders, you know, on my honor and stuff.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#38]
made in Texas?
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If they would just make a Pmag with AK locking lugs so I could use them in my Bulgarian and galils in 5.56 then I would be happy.
Tons of decent plastic 7.62x39 AK mags out there, but nothing but expensive circle 10 mags for the 5.56 market.

Pro mag makes bulgy type 5.56 mags.
I just ditched 2 that came with a Romy AK the other day.

ETA; pic

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I think it's pretty cool and hopefully there will be additional AK Magpul products in the future.  I'd love to see Magpul's take on a folding stock for the fixed stock trunnion.  Anway, I'll pick some of these MOE mags up while waiting on the steel-reinforced flavor later on.  It's an easy +3 on your US parts count as well.

I'd also be hyped up about 5.56 AK PMAGs for Bulgarian pattern rifles later on, so please consider that avenue!
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Will they work in my PTR-32?
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder why they dont have last-shot-bolt-hold-open ?

My guess is because the follower would need to be metal, or it would get chewed up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because that feature is practically useless on an AK

How so? It's a nice reminder to change magazines even though the bolt goes forward when you release the mag. The former Yugoslavia did a simple modification with the follower, it's not black magic. I wish more countries would have followed this simple and effective design.

If Magpul ever decides to incorporate this into their design, the follower has to be pretty stout where the bolt locks into the follower.

I'm pretty sure those "Yugoslavian BHO mags" were Chinese before they were Yugo.  My old Chinese mags are BHO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Glad to see magpul reading this thread.  Now that they are expanding to other platforms it would be nice to see a high cap mag for the mini-14.  Ruger factory high caps are at the cheapest $40 - $50 and I have seen prices as high as $60 - $70 each on gunbroker.  Currently they are very difficult to find in stock.  All other brands of mini-14 mags are just junk and jam.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because that feature is practically useless on an AK

How so? It's a nice reminder to change magazines even though the bolt goes forward when you release the mag. The former Yugoslavia did a simple modification with the follower, it's not black magic. I wish more countries would have followed this simple and effective design.

If Magpul ever decides to incorporate this into their design, the follower has to be pretty stout where the bolt locks into the follower.

I'm pretty sure those "Yugoslavian BHO mags" were Chinese before they were Yugo.  My old Chinese mags are BHO.

Yugoslavia had it first.

Yugo M64, circa 1964, had the bho mags.
It also had an interesting "anti-rattle", spring loaded button detent that pushed against the side of the mag to eliminate side to side mag wobble.
Both of these features were removed from the M70 series.

China is land of Xerox.

Link Posted: 4/30/2013 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Needs a lancer AWM style clip on external steel reinforcement for the area that inserts into the magwell and front and rear locking lugs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Was it the AK platform they were talking about when they said they couldn't make a mag with acceptable durability due to how thick the walls needed to be? Or am I thinking of a different type of gun people have been begging for Magpul to make mags for?
Mini-14 I think.  I've asked that question before.

Don't think it was that one.

I thought it was the SCAR 17 they couldn't make mags for.

It was 7.62x39 AR mags. Bullets are too fat for thick enough polymer, unless that made some kind if goofy single stack 20 round mag, which I might be cool with.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd love for Lancer or Magpul to do a 5.45 magazine.  I would rather pay a reputable U.S. company 12 to 16 for a reliable U.S. made magazine

that would be available all the time (Oblama scares excepted) than wait for surplus that will start at 10 go up and then vanish for who knows how

long.

That.  I'd love a Magpul 5.45x39 magazine.  I only have 10 Bulgy mags for my Saiga conversion.  Need more.

I'll see about getting some of these 7.62x39 mags since I only have about 6 mags for my underfolder.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I would like to see the mags in 25rd capacity instead of 30.

Why 25 round capacity?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top