Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand a gun or two here or there depending upon what deals were still available, but what the hell are you guys going to do with a pile of Ruger Americans?

They're not that interesting.
View Quote

It looks like I'm trading mine plus $100 for a Beretta BL-3.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I understand a gun or two here or there depending upon what deals were still available, but what the hell are you guys going to do with a pile of Ruger Americans?

View Quote

I really wanted to grab a rar just because it's a good deal but i have a Tikka so I couldn't see the point.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your beard must stop at your chin. Some guys beard will grow much further down the neck

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are obviously trying to catch the ATF's attention
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Triad area
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks! I just bought a Ruger American in 243 for $199.

Jealous.

I probably called 10 WalMarts.  None near me (read: in my immediate city) sell firearms.  Everything outside the city does, so I drove to one and damn they didn't have the lower price.  Next closet that had a 30-06 was 40-minutes away and the woman on the phone didn't want to ring up the price for me.

The store I visited had told me previously they didn't have any Ruger Americans in stock, but I visited and there were 3 magically on the shelf.  Lying sacks of shit.

What part of NC are you? I can keep my eyes open for you around Charlotte.

Triad area

Ahhh I see the problem now.  Once you cross into SC almost every store sells guns. Some of the restaurants have gun racks still.  I What are you looking for? I am going out tomorrow and can see what a few stores have in stock

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]

In my area, the sale started this morning. It was not advertised and the employees did not know there would be a sale. The price was $199 for the RA rifles. They sold 5 by 11am and were sold out.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit! I went to the local wally world tonight and couldn't even score AA 12 ga.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ahhh I see the problem now.  Once you cross into SC almost every store sells guns. Some of the restaurants have gun racks still.  I What are you looking for? I am going out tomorrow and can see what a few stores have in stock

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks! I just bought a Ruger American in 243 for $199.

Jealous.

I probably called 10 WalMarts.  None near me (read: in my immediate city) sell firearms.  Everything outside the city does, so I drove to one and damn they didn't have the lower price.  Next closet that had a 30-06 was 40-minutes away and the woman on the phone didn't want to ring up the price for me.

The store I visited had told me previously they didn't have any Ruger Americans in stock, but I visited and there were 3 magically on the shelf.  Lying sacks of shit.

What part of NC are you? I can keep my eyes open for you around Charlotte.

Triad area

RAR in .308 or .30-06. Maybe even .243 if I can't find the others. I think there was a .243 in Randleman earlier today. Might try that tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the sale starts soon at my local store. I'll hit it up every day over lunch this coming week to check.

I do appreciate your offer to keep your eyes open for me but honestly anything outside a 20-30 minute drive is out of reach for now. The demands of having 3 young kids...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
No mark downs at the Iowa Walmart I checked.  I wonder if the Mini 14 they had will be marked down when it happens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Day:  One

http://i67.tinypic.com/2r5utkj.jpg

supra
View Quote

You fent harder than me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an 07/02, I'll be aight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your beard must stop at your chin. Some guys beard will grow much further down the neck

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
My brother and I picked up Marlin 1895's.  Wow, what a steal!  No RAR's, though.  I was hoping for a .308.  One of his buddies went to Wally World in Maine, and texted us saying they had one Guide model of the 1895, but that it was marked $589.  I told him to get back in there and have them scan it.  He did, and got it for $299.  He's a happy dude in black bear country now, for sure.  That's probably the perfect gun for bears up there, as thick as the trees are. They probably rarely get shots past 50 yards, and probably few even that far.  

Thanks OP for the heads up.  This is probably the best deal I'll ever see on a new gun.  Btw, the walnut stock on mine has absolutely gorgeous wood grain.  The forestock, though is so-so.  My brother's stock matches the forestock on mine, and his forestock grain matches my stock.  He offered to give me his forestock to finish the look.  Are those hard to remove?  --Edit, I just found that it is pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#14]
My local Walmart had a Savage 22 lr on clearance for $74. I bought it but got delayed that was the only thing on clearance. I'll have to check back everyday. Gonna check the Walmart by my work place on Monday after I get off work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My brother and I picked up Marlin 1895's.  Wow, what a steal!  No RAR's, though.  I was hoping for a .308.  One of his buddies went to Wally World in Maine, and texted us saying they had one Guide model of the 1895, but that it was marked $589.  I told him to get back in there and have them scan it.  He did, and got it for $299.  He's a happy dude in black bear country now, for sure.  That's probably the perfect gun for bears up there, as thick as the trees are. They probably rarely get shots past 50 yards, and probably few even that far.  

Thanks OP for the heads up.  This is probably the best deal I'll ever see on a new gun.  Btw, the walnut stock on mine has absolutely gorgeous wood grain.  The forestock, though is so-so.  My brother's stock matches the forestock on mine, and his forestock grain matches my stock.  He offered to give me his forestock to finish the look.  Are those hard to remove?
View Quote

That is a great deal on the Guide version. I would love to get one of those. Changing the forestock is not hard at all. Many videos on youtube that show how to do it. . Congrats on the find. I picked up 2 of them today as well. Now we need a group buy on ammo

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone picked up the Marlin 30-30 on sale by chance?  I am looking for a .45-70 but came across the 30-30.  I didn't have them scan it but may head back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad you guys are doing so well.  My store doesn't even stock ruger Americans.  But, they do stock a Moss berg 20 gauge bolt action slug gun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys should look for this 12ga buckshot I've cleaned out 3 stores so far only $2.50 a box

Oh and I saw an Arfcom member in the wild...  This thread got everyone out of the basement for a while lol

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You guys should look for this 12ga buckshot I've cleaned out 3 stores so far only $2.50 a box

Oh and I saw an Arfcom member in the wild...  This thread got everyone out of the basement for a while lol

https://s25.postimg.org/d9i1vjpzj/IMG_20160827_231259.jpg
View Quote

Somebody had reported on those a couple of weeks ago in another thread.  I checked mine at the time, but no change in price at that time.

Interestingly, after this thread started on Thursday, I went into a small rural Walmart that I sometimes frequent.  They don't sell guns, but they do have ammo...when you can find somebody with the key.  When I went in on Friday, they had ammo scattered all over behind the counter, jumbled together in big boxes, etc.  They also had a locked "rolling cage" full of ammo and other things (game cams, etc).  Of course, no one was around, but, it looked like a wholesale reorganization was going on.  No clearance tags, though.  I'm going to try again this week.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I found 1 store 2 counties away ( taking my sons to their mom) that had a Marlin 1895 on the shelf still. $589 price tag, guy tried scanning it,  said it was $589. I dont think he actually scanned the tag since he was having issues getting the scanner to read. I did try to buy a Savage 93 22mag earlier in the day but the customer ahead of me bought the last one.    

I'm not really interested in the RARs but I could use a $100 22mag and a $300 Marlin 1895.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:16:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Check local Wally no zq on sale
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, they are.  At least in Davenport.

I went into two stores and asked the guy at the counter to verify the price by scanning.

At both stores I got pushback because they KNEW the price marked was accurate.

And both times they ended up pissed that the internet knew of price drops before they did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stores here in Iowa aren't marking them down either. Must be up to the regional, state or store managers or something.

Yes, they are.  At least in Davenport.

I went into two stores and asked the guy at the counter to verify the price by scanning.

At both stores I got pushback because they KNEW the price marked was accurate.

And both times they ended up pissed that the internet knew of price drops before they did.

Discounted prices were marked accurately in Cedar Rapids...I posted on pg 6 about it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Check local Wally no zq on sale
View Quote

I haven't seen ZQI in months.  I drive right past 2 Walmarts coming home from work and we have another where I live.  Then the big one in the city north of us when we go to the Costco there.  They all used to carry it.  Guess it all got bought up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Headed to a store with 3 of the 45-70's now. How many would you take if in my shoes?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Somebody had reported on those a couple of weeks ago in another thread.  I checked mine at the time, but no change in price at that time.

Interestingly, after this thread started on Thursday, I went into a small rural Walmart that I sometimes frequent.  They don't sell guns, but they do have ammo...when you can find somebody with the key.  When I went in on Friday, they had ammo scattered all over behind the counter, jumbled together in big boxes, etc.  They also had a locked "rolling cage" full of ammo and other things (game cams, etc).  Of course, no one was around, but, it looked like a wholesale reorganization was going on.  No clearance tags, though.  I'm going to try again this week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Many I have been into over the last couple of days have been doing this.

They seem to all be doing a re-vamp of their ammo area.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Headed to a store with 3 of the 45-70's now. How many would you take if in my shoes?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^this.

I am kicking myself for not trying to get the 2nd 45-70 on the rack. There was a note on it that some guy was going to come pick it up the night before, the sales manager was like "I am only giving him a few more hours"

When I told my dad he was like "you only bought the one?"

ETA the rebate form says up to 5 guns...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Got 2. Duncansville, pa  if you want the other one. Both them and Altoona have Americans
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That makes me want to buy MORE

If Walmart's cost was $313, you know that is low already...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it is worth, I found paperwork in a RAR 30-06 that indicates Walmarts cost (what they paid the distributer) was $313.00  a year ago.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91432

I've asked once in this thread recently...but what is the NORMAL price for this gun at WalMart?   The 2 I saw yesterday were marked at $338...but was $338 a sale price also?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to look for this today!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone actually seen a Mossberg 930 on sale?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've asked once in this thread recently...but what is the NORMAL price for this gun at WalMart?   The 2 I saw yesterday were marked at $338...but was $338 a sale price also?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it is worth, I found paperwork in a RAR 30-06 that indicates Walmarts cost (what they paid the distributer) was $313.00  a year ago.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91432

$378 normal price, $338 tag sale price here in Missouri. But again, I've had 3 different prices at 3 different stores. Some weren't even marked $338 yet.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#34]
well my store has all 3 ruger calibers, and a 45-70, but they are holding in because their system is down. i really want that gun.

Do i buy all 3 calibers of the RAR?

Quoted:
View Quote

yea mine has all of the sale guns
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#35]
It's almost 10 am CST, are you guys out foing?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't think Walmarts around here carry the mossberg MVP
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought one yesterday for $299.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#39]
H r pardner pump for 111
Savage 64 for 74

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#40]
If any of you guys in southeastern PA are looking for a 45-70 Walmart in Parkesburg has one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If any of you guys in southeastern PA are looking for a 45-70 Walmart in Parkesburg has one.
View Quote

Etters pa is full of axis and 22lr

Elizabethville pa as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn. Missed by about 30 minutes. One guy came and boughtball the clearanced stuff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The ATF might have a ball with all the people buying 10 guns, especially of the same model.

Aren't FFLs required to report 2 or more purchases by a person?
View Quote

Multiple handgun purchase does not apply to long guns also the atf does not know how many anyone bought unless they see the bound book or 4473.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Multiple handgun purchase does not apply to long guns also the atf does not know how many anyone bought unless they see the bound book or 4473.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ATF might have a ball with all the people buying 10 guns, especially of the same model.

Aren't FFLs required to report 2 or more purchases by a person?

Which they show up and "audit" every couple years.

Those of you who bought 5 Ruger Americans might want to be in possession of 5 Ruger Americans in case BATFE invites themselves over.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Picked up my Marlin this morning.  Only took about 30 minutes to process but they didn't have a manager onsite so I had to wait 45 more minutes.  I had some other shopping to do so I took care of that.

Mine had a Mossberg (930?) shotgun with a second barrel for $299, a Mossberg 22  for $75, a savage 22 mag for $150 and a Savage 22LR for $99.  I considered the other three, but I had recently bought another shotgun as well as 2 22LRs for myself and my son.  Happy hunting!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
I did not have acceptable grouping from that ammo. Like one pellet at 15 yards. Repeatedly.  I read it has something to do with the cardboard wadding
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

supra
View Quote

Seems excessive and pointless . I like it .
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Went out to Royal Palm Beach Wal-Mart this morning.  Only one near me that still sells guns. The lack of activity around the gun counter told me was probably a no go.  Very few guns in the case.  Had one Marlin marked down to $539.00.  That was the scanned price.  Cashier was very helpful.  Said clearance prices were at the managers discretion.  Asked me if I was the guy who called earlier.  Clearly the word is out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

supra

I'd hate to make this a toenail thread so I won't say anything.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top