Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have often wondered if any of those guys are CIA deep cover operatives that are living there to feed intelligence back to the West. That would make for a really awesome life story.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have often wondered if any of those guys are CIA deep cover operatives that are living there to feed intelligence back to the West. That would make for a really awesome life story.
View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you look at all of the guys who defected they had no military value so all they really had to offer the North was propaganda value. I doubt the Norks would let them near anything that resembled a real intel asset.

We already know a ton about society up there thanks to all the humanitarian aid missions that have visited . A few of which I have no doubt were CIA funded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

if you watch the video all 4 of them were about to be court-martialed.

in all honestly his life is probably way better than he would have had in the US.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a seriously defective mind to decide that North Korea was a good choice to defect to. No loss with the departure of the dumbass.

in all honestly his life is probably way better than he would have had in the US.

If it wasn't for the good looking Korean women all over the damn place, I'd rather be in a US prison than any communist shit hole.

Them ethnic women got some looks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dresnok just comes across as a slimy,disgusting SOB worthy of nothing but disgust even in his old age.

A slightly shocking thing  about the "defectors" is that  none of them did so for  ideological reasons. A not so shocking thing is that between Abshier,Jenkins,Dresnok and most of those captured in Korea who elected not to return the common denominator is lack of education. IIRC a third of those captured and turned by propaganda had never attended,let alone finished,high school.
View Quote

A large number of American males of age during WWII and Korea never finished H.S.. It wasn't the big deal that it is these days. The H.S. graduation rate in 1950 was less than 40%. My Dad was born in 1929. He was raised on a farm in the hills of W.Va.. He was allowed to finish 7th grade, then quit and worked the farm. He was a rifleman in Korea. The only reason he wanted to go back was to kill more communists.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IIRC near the end of the film there is a lot of footage of Dresnok living in NK around 2006. It is very depressing and despite being in the capital (the only city which has anything close to modern standards), Pyongyang, his life seems empty and boring. Then to top if off he shills for NK's government healthcare and food rations and says something like "the government will take care of me until my dying day".
View Quote

As they have done since that government took over.  Not that they do a good job of taking care of their people.  But they will take care of you until they have no use for you, then it is a bullet to the head, or being torn apart by dogs.  Hard for me to understand how people put up with that shit, but if you have never known anything else . . .  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Audie Murphy and Roy Benavidez were orphans too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

.  No.       What is it about the iternet???https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you watch the video, he has bought the lies and likes it there.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never knew 4 GIs defected

Apparently Dresnok was the one who kept other defectors in line according o the shitbag who came back a few years ago.

I'm not sure how many of the lies he actually believes.  Just my own observation, but he looks resigned.  He knows that there's no going back, and so he chose to make the best of what limited choices he has left. More of an opportunist than a believer.  When he realized that he couldn't escape NK, he became a flunky and enforcer for the NK government, beating on the other defectors in order to keep himself in NK's good graces.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If it wasn't for the good looking Korean women all over the damn place, I'd rather be in a US prison than any communist shit hole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a seriously defective mind to decide that North Korea was a good choice to defect to. No loss with the departure of the dumbass.

all I'm saying is had he not defected he would have probably left the military, ended up in and out of jail and living on the street.

like others have said he constantly made the situation worse and apparently is a piece of shit, so having handlers to keep him in line, well fed and drunk was the best he could hope for.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

.  No.       What is it about the iternet???https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Audie Murphy and Roy Benavidez were orphans too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Distinction without difference: he was raised solely  by his mother who died before he reached adulthood,his siblings were placed in an orphange as a result.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
He really doesn't GAF about anyone but himself.  Especially the marriage to the European woman who was probably kidnapped.

I'm sure everything he said was slanted to make the NORKs happy because he knew they were watching.

He sort of deserves North Korea but he deserves jail more.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey, dipshit, enjoy your grass salad and roadkill bone marrow soup!
View Quote

This......^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just watched it, Fuck that piece of shit
View Quote

Lives in a piece of crap home, with a kidnapped wife and is relying on North Korean medicine.

He deserves every bit of it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Even if you're an FSA piece of shit life is better over here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You mean North Vietnam, right?

How does one defect to a non-state guerrilla force?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... if anyone ever defected to the VC. Suprisingly a few did. WTF.

You mean North Vietnam, right?

How does one defect to a non-state guerrilla force?

That's kind of like asking "Ron Arad was captured by Amal, how could he end up in Tehran?"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All our snow melted this week  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://sweasel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cuppasnow.jpg

Better than snow coffee, right?
All our snow melted this week  

Melted snow costs extra in North Korea.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sure Robert Jenkins is behind bars regretting not being here and I feel bad for his children.

Well he spent less than 30 days in jail and was court martialed and dishonorably discharged, he lives a happy life in Japan now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure Robert Jenkins is behind bars regretting not being here and I feel bad for his children.

Well he spent less than 30 days in jail and was court martialed and dishonorably discharged, he lives a happy life in Japan now.
View Quote

Japan should have locked him up for rape and promoting slavery. Norks kidnapped a Japanese citizen and forced her to marry him. That fucker is just as guilty as the people that snatched her.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Japan should have locked him up for rape and promoting slavery. Norks kidnapped a Japanese citizen and forced her to marry him. That fucker is just as guilty as the people that snatched her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just wanted to prove that he was wrong. You're also right, he's guilty as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never knew 4 GIs defected

Apparently Dresnok was the one who kept other defectors in line according o the shitbag who came back a few years ago.

I haven't had time to watch the video in the OP but i suspect it's  the documentary that's on Netflix. He either believes it, or convinced himself to believe it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think he believes it but has no choice. It's similar to lifers saying "I wouldn't know how to live outside of the walls";it's an acceptance of fate along with his arrogance and inability to admit that he was never anything but a fuckup. He knows that he eats while Norks starve,he knows the difference in standard of living,he knows that he chose the wrong side but there is no other option. Even if he somehow could leave,he would quite rightly be reviled.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't think he believes it but has no choice. It's similar to lifers saying "I wouldn't know how to live outside of the walls";it's an acceptance of fate along with his arrogance and inability to admit that he was never anything but a fuckup. He knows that he eats while Norks starve,he knows the difference in standard of living,he knows that he chose the wrong side but there is no other option. Even if he somehow could leave,he would quite rightly be reviled.

View Quote

Plus he was brainwashed and beat almost daily for 7 years.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The group attempt to flee to the USSR showed that the early attenpts didn't work. Of course the Russians wanted no part of them,someone might have spilled the beans about the aviators who were never returned.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top