Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cruz is turning into Kasich/Rubio, hoping for one state to validate staying in. I assume the donations are drying up fast.

Trump is hoping for the anyone but Trump crowd to change their minds. Bernie dropping out just might do that. Hil is hoping for the equal and opposite effect.

Polling for the general is still too far out to be meaningful.
View Quote

I obviously can't speak for others, but I'm not changing my mind. I'll never vote for him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I obviously can't speak for others, but I'm not changing my mind. I'll never vote for him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruz is turning into Kasich/Rubio, hoping for one state to validate staying in. I assume the donations are drying up fast.

Trump is hoping for the anyone but Trump crowd to change their minds. Bernie dropping out just might do that. Hil is hoping for the equal and opposite effect.

Fair enough. You can't complain when others say the same about Cruz.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Trump stands no chance in PA anyway.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah baby, go hildabeast. You guys are just amazing. WTF?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Repost from locked thread:

To everyone remotely interested in politics, go to 270 to win.com and play with the states.

According to RCP, these are the polls in tossup states:

PA- Clinton +7.3
OH- Clinton +4
FL- Clinton +2
WI- Clinton +2
NC- Clinton +2
MI- Clinton +8.6
UT- Clinton +2
IA- Clinton +5
MS- Trump +3, MOE 4

I don't see how he can win. I just don't see it. No feels, nothing about policies, not debating any of that. I'm strictly looking at the numbers and the numbers are not good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nope.   Our system of elections means it is only stable with 2 major parties.    The various factions of the GOP will align with the other parties and they will coalesce until we're back to 2 major parties and a bunch of parties that don't really matter.    Should take 2 elections at most.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The GOP is filled with some truly despicable characters, but its destruction means we have de-facto one-party system for at least a generation. Probably forever.

Nope.   Our system of elections means it is only stable with 2 major parties.    The various factions of the GOP will align with the other parties and they will coalesce until we're back to 2 major parties and a bunch of parties that don't really matter.    Should take 2 elections at most.    

Because few ARFCOMers are happy with either party, they cling to the myth of the 3rd party.  I recommend those that think this way take a look at one of the countries that does have a more than 2-party system...and what a debacle they are.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only Trump supporters are "asking" that question.

Frankly, they belong in padded rooms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the GOPe hates Trump, and they control Kasich, why don't they just let Cruz smash Trump 1 on 1 like all the Cruz supporters say he would?

Either they think Cruz would lose to Trump 1 on 1, or they don't want him as the nominee.

The reality is that most of the states Cruz could have done well in are over, this is turning into the Trump show (especially after following up that NY blowout with 5 more blowouts today with Cruz in 3rd place in most of them) and there just aren't enough states made of mostly dirt for Cruz to win to stop Trump from 1237.  

I don't know if Trump could win NY in the general, but the fact that we are even asking this question, that Trump has possibly put NY in play should give the Republicans some hope of winning in November.

Cruz certainly won't win NY.

Don't know where you get your info/news from, but basically everyone is wondering if Trump can win NY in the general and he has certainly put NY into play for the Republicans.

How'd your guy do in NY?

So again, Cruz' primary debacle in NY would indicate he can't win NY and therefore isn't putting NY in play.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If the RNC was smart they would just put out a statement now that there won't be any shenanigans at the convention - we've seen enough, Trump has mathematically eliminated all of his challengers, it's time to go after Hillary, & there will be no more attacking the nominee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my estimation, the republicans lose no matter what happens. If Trump wins, Hillary and the amount of national hatred for Trump will destroy him. If Cruz wins, all the trumpkins stay home and don't bother to help Cruz in the general and we lose.

THAT SAID: every motherfucker in here better go vote anyway. We CANNOT lose the downticket elections just because "your guy" didn't win the nomination. You stay home and we are truly fucked when Hillary decides to saturate the supreme court and pass whatever bullshit legislation she wants.

DO NOT STAY HOME.

Statistics prove some people will and some people won't stay home.

Polling shows that more people are likely to stay home if Trump is on top of the ticket because he has the highest unfavorable numbers of all the candidates.  Further, more liberals are likely to show up simply to vote against him.  He'll inspire them to vote for uninspiring Hillary and while they're there, check the box for the rest of the libs downticket.

Trump is the worst possible candidate Republicans can field.

Cruz might very well lose (and I believe he would);  but the GOP would have a much higher chance of keeping the house with Cruz over Trump.  Kasich could actually win but since he's still relatively unknown he's a big wildcard.
Here is a good excerpt from a blogger that has predicted just about everything Trump has done so far:  

13. As long as Cruz and Kasich are in the race, our minds allow us to imagine an alternative to Trump that is some sort of magical unicorn of goodness. Our brains are conflating all the non-Trump Republicans (including Romney and Ryan) into some sort of imaginary "other” that has qualities we like. Likewise, on the Democrat side, your brain is combining Clinton and Sanders as one conflated Democrat option. And Bernie brings some good qualities to that imaginary creature (such as the appearance of honesty).

Your brain has not yet compared Trump (alone) to Clinton (alone). You have only compared conflated concepts of a Clinton/Sanders creature to a Trump/Cruz/Kasich/Romney/Ryan creature. You think that isn’t happening in YOUR head, but it is. That’s how all of us are wired. We don’t compartmentalize as well as we think.

When the race gets down to a clean Trump versus Clinton contest, and people realize there are no other options, the comparison changes. Trump wins the matchup against "crooked Hillary” with ease, based on skill, not policies. You haven’t even imagined that contest yet. Your brain won’t let you.

Trump does NOT win against your imaginary unicorn candidate that is a conflation of good qualities from other people. But that unicorn won’t be running against him.

You’re already hearing the word "landslide” applied to the upcoming Republican primaries. By October you will hear that Trump is "running unopposed” for all practical purposes.

I've been saying this all along (and I didn't even use the word conflating/conflated/conflation):  all of the if Trump then senate but Kaisch then Hillary but Cruz then congress projections are pure conjecture at this point.

Now that the field is set (come on, just admit it, it's over for Cruz whether he steals the nomination or not) we can start to focus on Trump versus Hillary one on one ( sorry for that visual) polls.

I don't think Trump can/will win in a landslide, but after seeing how he has energized republicans to vote (at least in the primaries; something that did not happen with McCain nor Romney) I have hope.

If the RNC was smart they would just put out a statement now that there won't be any shenanigans at the convention - we've seen enough, Trump has mathematically eliminated all of his challengers, it's time to go after Hillary, & there will be no more attacking the nominee.

Ahhh, but the RNC has already done that...sort of...they declared that there will be no shenanigans except for those allowed within "the rules".

Doesn't matter, if the RNC gives the nomination to anyone but the candidate who earned the most delegates in the primaries, whether that candidate reached the magical and quite frankly arbitrary 1,237 threshold, that nominee will lose...guar-an-teed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Don't know where you get your info/news from, but basically everyone is wondering if Trump can win NY in the general and he has certainly put NY into play for the Republicans.

How'd your guy do in NY?

So again, Cruz' primary debacle in NY would indicate he can't win NY and therefore isn't putting NY in play.
View Quote

The loser of the democratic primary got a quarter million more votes in New York than Trump.

You're delusional.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

At this point, Cruz can't even beat the slob for 2nd place, it's over.
He's not liked & they're not going to give him the nomination at the convention because nobody wants him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TRUMP BUTTHURT AT MAGNUM LEVELS TODAY!!!

How does that make sense in your head?  This is just one of many days where Cruz is utterly embarrassed at the polls, he'll be in 3rd place in most of the races today (Trump will win them all).

It's a fun topic to discuss, but Trump will get 1237 and be the nominee.  That doesn't make his supporters butthurt, quite the opposite in fact.    

However, if Cruz manages to steal the nomination through convention shenanigans, then there will be epic Trump butthurt...and justifiably so.

And Cruz will still lose the general, so there will be plenty of Cruz butthurt as well.

And then there will be Hillary which will result in universal butthurt...so it all works out in the (or your) end (pun of sorts).

He's not liked & they're not going to give him the nomination at the convention because nobody wants him.

Nobody except the intelligent, true conservatives of ARCOM.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TRUMP BUTTHURT AT MAGNUM LEVELS TODAY!!!

How does that make sense in your head?  This is just one of many days where Cruz is utterly embarrassed at the polls, he'll be in 3rd place in most of the races today (Trump will win them all).

It's a fun topic to discuss, but Trump will get 1237 and be the nominee.  That doesn't make his supporters butthurt, quite the opposite in fact.    

However, if Cruz manages to steal the nomination through convention shenanigans, then there will be epic Trump butthurt...and justifiably so.

And Cruz will still lose the general, so there will be plenty of Cruz butthurt as well.

And then there will be Hillary which will result in universal butthurt...so it all works out in the (or your) end (pun of sorts).

Keep telling yourselves that.
Rational people can see the situation for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes. Because those have been the rules of the elections since they started.

This is not a democracy, it is a REPUBLIC. Jesus Christ, this is why I can't take Trumpettes seriously, none of you know how this country works. It's all emotion, feels, and bravo sierra with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with that stance is, no one but Trump can get to 1,237. Are we willing to toss out the results of all of the primaries because the leading candidate ended up with "only" 1,220 or however many delegates? Because the leader fell just short of 1,237 we won't care that his opponent had only 600 (or however many) and disregard everything else and essentially start over?

Trump wasn't my first choice, but he's now the only choice.

That's how a democracy works:  the person with the most votes wins, everyone else is a loser.

This is not a democracy, it is a REPUBLIC. Jesus Christ, this is why I can't take Trumpettes seriously, none of you know how this country works. It's all emotion, feels, and bravo sierra with you.

Republic, democracy or democratic republic?

Choose whichever description you'd like because...wait for it:  it's not germane to the discussion.

And BTW, I was a Cruz supporter...still would be if he were viable but he's not.

So who just made themselves look stupid on two counts?  Guess I was stupid just like you.

In our country (whether you want to call it a republic, democracy or democratic republic) the person who gets the most votes wins.

Geez, this is why I can't take Cruzealots seriously, none of you know how this country works and can accept defeat graciously.  It's all emotion, feels and bravo sierra with you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is not entitled to my vote, and I should not be expected to vote for a candidate that I don't believe (truthfully) reflects my conservative values.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does he walk away, and say it was a good race? Does he endorse the nominee and step down? Or does he rant about being cheated, threaten to run 3rd party, try to fuck over the Republicans in the general, etc.?
View Quote

Well... didn't he already swear to not run 3rd party?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rules rules rules. Trump has say 1100 delagates, he doesn't win on first round. It is obvious what is going on.
So what happens if Trumps 1000+ delagates just go home. Refuse to participate in the farce. Can the GOP select a candidate?
That would be the boss move, and Trump is a boss.
View Quote

People, self included, would understand if you went to the convention with two candidates were fairly close in delegate count but neither were over 1,237 and they held more than one vote.

But when one candidate has far more than the rest of the candidates combined, partly because a nonviable candidate refused to drop out (for no other reason than that:  to be a spoiler), using the 1,237 threshold to throw out the results of all the primaries and do whatever you want will be understood/accepted by few...maybe the few who voted for one of the also-rans, but not the majority (or plurality for those who insist on it) will not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does he walk away, and say it was a good race? Does he endorse the nominee and step down? Or does he rant about being cheated, threaten to run 3rd party, try to fuck over the Republicans in the general, etc.?

He said the other day he was going to disappear back into his [billionaire] life.

Problem is, the GOPe will be throwing away a lot of voters along with him.

I don't see how people think that a guy who can't even get a plurality in the primary is going to somehow get a majority in the general.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

People, self included, would understand if you went to the convention with two candidates were fairly close in delegate count but neither were over 1,237 and they held more than one vote.

But when one candidate has far more than the rest of the candidates combined, partly because a nonviable candidate refused to drop out (for no other reason than that:  to be a spoiler), using the 1,237 threshold to throw out the results of all the primaries and do whatever you want will be understood/accepted by few...maybe the few who voted for one of the also-rans, but not the majority (or plurality for those who insist on it) will not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rules rules rules. Trump has say 1100 delagates, he doesn't win on first round. It is obvious what is going on.
So what happens if Trumps 1000+ delagates just go home. Refuse to participate in the farce. Can the GOP select a candidate?

They think all the people who voted on Tuesday past will still support the Republican Party as long as the "rules" are observed when the Party screw the voters out of their choice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Choose whichever description you'd like because...wait for it:  it's not germane to the discussion.

And BTW, I was a Cruz supporter...still would be if he were viable but he's not.

So who just made themselves look stupid on two counts?  Guess I was stupid just like you.

In our country (whether you want to call it a republic, democracy or democratic republic) the person who gets the most votes wins.

Geez, this is why I can't take Cruzealots seriously, none of you know how this country works and can accept defeat graciously.  It's all emotion, feels and bravo sierra with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with that stance is, no one but Trump can get to 1,237. Are we willing to toss out the results of all of the primaries because the leading candidate ended up with "only" 1,220 or however many delegates? Because the leader fell just short of 1,237 we won't care that his opponent had only 600 (or however many) and disregard everything else and essentially start over?

Trump wasn't my first choice, but he's now the only choice.

That's how a democracy works:  the person with the most votes wins, everyone else is a loser.

I think Al Gore would disagree with you.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They think all the people who voted on Tuesday past will still support the Republican Party as long as the "rules" are observed when the Party screw the voters out of their choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even have rules, right?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter what happens - whether he walks away or runs 3rd party, Hillary is GUARANTEED the win if the GOP do not let Trump have the nomination at this point.

So many of Trump's supporters are ANGRY at the GOP.  If the GOP is perceived to screw him out of the nomination, which they will be if they don't let him have it, many of those supports will refuse to support whatever candidate does get it.

The ONLY way forward for the GOP now is to support Trump, and desperately hope that he is not actually the lying Northeast Liberal that all the evidence suggests he is.  Any other path guarantees Hillary the Presidency.
View Quote

It is my opinion that they will support him.  Then when he loses to hillary they will be able to say see we told you.  They will survive that.  They will not survive if they pick someone else to run.  If they select someone else they still lose to hillary because the trump nuts won't vote for the new gop plant. Then the gop looks bad. It's simple survival instincts for them now.

It means that we get 4 more years of a democrat President.   Hillary or on the very very slight chance Trump.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#22]
If Trump wins the Republican nomination the only we hope for not having Hillary as our next POTUS is if Loretta Lynch charges Clinton.  I'm not holding my breath for that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Just remember, whether you believe it or not...everything is a government conspiracy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And the wall, don't forget the wall

he's blowing hot air. If he were elected, and he will not be, he will pardon her if obongo hasn't done so before then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's not forget that Trump is the only candidate that has openly advocated a real investigation and possible prosecution of Hitlery.

He has also stated jail time is appropriate if she is guilty.

he's blowing hot air. If he were elected, and he will not be, he will pardon her if obongo hasn't done so before then.

So what's your solution to the border/immigration problem?

Oh, wait, I know...a not-wall which was not constructed because it rec'd too many not-votes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Ouch...

It's sad because there's a chance it could be true.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh, wait, I know...a not-wall which was not constructed because it rec'd too many not-votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's not forget that Trump is the only candidate that has openly advocated a real investigation and possible prosecution of Hitlery.

Not electing a guy who bragged about hiring illegal aliens in Florida.  Who opposed Republican efforts to crack down on illegal immigration during the last election cycle.

Maybe go with the guy that was talking about building walls when Trump was saying Republicans were too mean-spirited about illegal immigration
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
But he does have a path.  Containing Trump to a plurality and not a majority of the delegates on the first ballot is still, even after today, quite within the realm of possibility.  It is very much in the realm of possibility at the point for Cruz to make it to 1,237 or more.  Kasich has virtually no hope for such an outcome and long ago was eliminated from a first ballot win.  Unless Rule 40 is removed, he will be ineligible to be the nominee.
View Quote

Do you really want to see that happen?

I was a Cruzealot but doing that, thwarting the will/intent of the voters may get Ted the nom...but it will also lead to an resounding defeat in the general.

Rule 40?  How about Catch 22.

(And yes I know what Rule 40 is; it was a rhetorical question so no one needs to post "Jesus Christ, Trumpkins (even if they supported Cruz) don't know jack shit)
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#28]
It's pretty telling that NOBODY is talking about Cruz winning right now.  They're just talking about him forcing a brokered convention.

Loser.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuzzy math BUD, a majority includes the entire electorate and 51%.  Trump does not have 51% of the Republican vote.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be Trump screwing anybody over. If that happens it's because the GOP failed to rally behind the front runner and the will of the majority of the voters.

Wether you like it or not, Trump has more votes than the other candidates.

That word.  You keep using it.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

You need to take a look at the math there bud.

Donald Trump 845 delegates
Lyin' Ted 559
Katshit 148

So add 559 and 148 which equals 707. Trump has a majority of the delegates.

Definition: majority
noun
1 the majority of cases: larger part/number, greater part/number, best/better part, most, more than half; plurality, bulk, mass, weight, (main) body, preponderance, predominance, generality, lion's share. ANTONYMS minority.
2 a majority in the election: (winning) margin, superiority of numbers/votes; landslide.
3 my youngest child has reached majority: legal age, adulthood, manhood/womanhood, maturity; age of consent, coming of age.

Now lets look at the total number of primary votes.

Trump has received 8,776,586
Lyin' Ted has duped 6,452,032 people
Katshit, well, lets be honest, who cares.

He still has the majority of the votes.

Get on board the Trump train or get ready for Hitlery, because Lyin' Ted cannot beat her.
Fuzzy math BUD, a majority includes the entire electorate and 51%.  Trump does not have 51% of the Republican vote.    

So that is where you're putting the goalpost?  I'm amazed by the number of Hillary/Cruz supporters on this site.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Trump on path for most votes in Republican primary HISTORY.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/27/donald-trump-could-amass-most-primary-votes-in-gop-history/

He can win in November.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not electing a guy who bragged about hiring illegal aliens in Florida.  Who opposed Republican efforts to crack down on illegal immigration during the last election cycle.

Maybe go with the guy that was talking about building walls when Trump was saying Republicans were too mean-spirited about illegal immigration
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ronald Reagan was a die-hard Democrat once too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What is funny is how the Trump voters will take their ball and go home if he isn't the nominee.

Yet in the same breath berate anyone who wouldn't vote for him saying they'd rather have hillary win

lol @ having it both ways.
View Quote

That will be because of the method by which the nominee earns (or not) the nomination.

Does he do it by earning the most delegates throughout months of primaries or does he steal it through rules and technicalities at the convention?

Trump has won/will win the delegate count.

Anything done by Cruz and/or the GOPe to circumvent the intent of the primary voters (i.e. deny the person who rec'd the most delegates) will piss a lot of people off...many enough that they won't vote for Cruz.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To everyone remotely interested in politics, go to 270 to win.com and play with the states.

PA- Clinton +7.3
OH- Clinton +4
FL- Clinton +2
WI- Clinton +2
NC- Clinton +2
MI- Clinton +8.6
UT- Clinton +2
IA- Clinton +5
MS- Trump +3, MOE 4

I don't see how he can win. I just don't see it. No feels, nothing about policies, not debating any of that. I'm strictly looking at the numbers and the numbers are not good.
View Quote

Trump will win if the Cruz guys can manage to vote for him.  I think they'll either not show up or vote for Hilldog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So that is where you're putting the goalpost?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why even have rules, right?

View Quote

You should pose that question to the people who run the Wisconsin GOP.
If you get an answer, be sure to post it here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hillary thanks you for your vote.

Remember, not-votes count, too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Trump will win if the Cruz guys can manage to vote for him.  I think they'll either not show up or vote for Hilldog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA- Clinton +7.3
OH- Clinton +4
FL- Clinton +2
WI- Clinton +2
NC- Clinton +2
MI- Clinton +8.6
UT- Clinton +2
IA- Clinton +5
MS- Trump +3, MOE 4

ya, good one.... The vast majority of us have stated that we would pull the lever for that tangerine fuckface.

We're trying to avoid a devastating loss to hilldawg by warning you trump davidians now, but you keep sticking your fingers in your ears.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

PA- Clinton +7.3
OH- Clinton +4
FL- Clinton +2
WI- Clinton +2
NC- Clinton +2
MI- Clinton +8.6
UT- Clinton +2
IA- Clinton +5
MS- Trump +3, MOE 4

View Quote

How about Cruz' #s?  How do they look?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So that is where you're putting the goalpost?  I'm amazed by the number of Hillary/Cruz supporters on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be Trump screwing anybody over. If that happens it's because the GOP failed to rally behind the front runner and the will of the majority of the voters.

That word.  You keep using it.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Lyin' Ted 559
Katshit 148

noun
1 the majority of cases: larger part/number, greater part/number, best/better part, most, more than half; plurality, bulk, mass, weight, (main) body, preponderance, predominance, generality, lion's share. ANTONYMS minority.
2 a majority in the election: (winning) margin, superiority of numbers/votes; landslide.
3 my youngest child has reached majority: legal age, adulthood, manhood/womanhood, maturity; age of consent, coming of age.

Get on board the Trump train or get ready for Hitlery, because Lyin' Ted cannot beat her.

Trump needs a simple majority of the total delegates to win -- 1237/2472, hence he does not have a majority yet. We'll see what happens in Indiana, it'll be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA- Clinton +7.3
OH- Clinton +4
FL- Clinton +2
WI- Clinton +2
NC- Clinton +2
MI- Clinton +8.6
UT- Clinton +2
IA- Clinton +5
MS- Trump +3, MOE 4

For Cruz vs Clinton:

PA- Clinton +7
Oh- Clinton +2
FL- Clinton +5
WI- Clinton +1
NC- Cruz +.6
MI- Clinton +8
UT- Cruz +28
IA- Cruz +3.5
MS- Cruz +11

Also, in VA Cruz is down 6 points to Clinton where Trump is down 13 points to Clinton.

Cruz's numbers are better than Trump's by a bit in some states, and pretty similar in others. I'm not saying a win for Cruz will be easy, but I am saying it will be EASIER for Cruz. Cruz wins the general by taking FL/OH/IA/WI/CO/NC.

Overall, Cruz is within the MOE and down 3 points to clinton in the general. Clinton is up 8.5 points on trump in the general.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was treated "fairly."

Stealing the nomination from him via convention technicalities hardly sounds "fair."
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Lyin' Ted 559

Katshit 148

noun

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lyin' Ted 559

Katshit 148

noun

I highlighted the important part for you.

He doesn't have more than half.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

How'd your guy do in NY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the GOPe hates Trump, and they control Kasich, why don't they just let Cruz smash Trump 1 on 1 like all the Cruz supporters say he would?

Either they think Cruz would lose to Trump 1 on 1, or they don't want him as the nominee.

The reality is that most of the states Cruz could have done well in are over, this is turning into the Trump show (especially after following up that NY blowout with 5 more blowouts today with Cruz in 3rd place in most of them) and there just aren't enough states made of mostly dirt for Cruz to win to stop Trump from 1237.  

I don't know if Trump could win NY in the general, but the fact that we are even asking this question, that Trump has possibly put NY in play should give the Republicans some hope of winning in November.

Cruz certainly won't win NY.

How'd your guy do in NY?

What are you smoking. I want some of it.

Trump will NEVER under any circumstance, carry New York.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If he was treated "fairly."

Stealing the nomination from him via convention technicalities hardly sounds "fair."
View Quote

Requiring a majority of the delegates to vote for you is not and will never be a technicality.

You are embarrassing yourself with these childish arguments.

Your candidate is no more entitled to the nomination than any other.

If he gets to 1237, the majority, then he wins.  It's that simple.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He is also the only candidate that identifies more closely as a democrat   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDnvRjCU9A

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is also the only candidate that identifies more closely as a democrat   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDnvRjCU9A

Donald Trump-The only candidate in the race that is more of a Democrat than Hillary
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you should have considered the amount of people who won't vote for him if you needed our help to win.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I will vote for Cruz---even he gets in there underhanded. However-- it will be difficult to persuade the wife and most of family. There will be much hurt feelz on either side---- we had best be smart enough to unite about the witch, though. If you think you don't/won't like Trump/Cruz---- you DAMN sure ain't going to like Hillary's junky ass. I still think Cruz would lose to her---Trump can and will beat her. [ why I now support Trump ]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
According to Politico, Trump now has 992 delegates with 578 remaining.

So he needs a bit more than 42%.

Cruz needs 116% and Kasich needs 187%.

Indiana should be fun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
According to Politico, Trump now has 992 delegates with 578 remaining.

So he needs a bit more than 42%.

Cruz needs 116% and Kasich needs 187%.

Indiana should be fun.
View Quote

Trump was up in Indiana anywhere from 5-9 points. That was before the Sunday Night Collusion or the Tuesday Slaughter in the North East.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Trump needs a simple majority of the total delegates to win -- 1237/2472, hence he does not have a majority yet. We'll see what happens in Indiana, it'll be interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lyin' Ted 559

Katshit 148

noun

Trump only needs 243 more delegates, after he wins WV and NJ he will only need 158.

There are 172 available in CA where Trump leads by 17 points, and there are 100+ uncommited delegates that he can court.

He will get to 1237 on the first ballot with or without IN
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top