Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they basically told you to pay special attention to pre-2013 correspondence.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DOJ keeps asking to create search terms for them. Oh, and they are trying to limit the search to 2013 and after. Lol.

No.
So they basically told you to pay special attention to pre-2013 correspondence.  

More likely that 2013 and up is in a searchable database already hence the search term request. They are trying to limit what he could find by making him limit it. It's easy to get the right answer provided you know what the questions should be.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The DOJ hires liberal lawyers . There was an article in the last couple of years about how the DOJ hires . The DOJ hires with an agenda .
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The DOJ hires liberal lawyers . There was an article in the last couple of years about how the DOJ hires . The DOJ hires with an agenda .
View Quote

Justice means "social justice" now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Still nothing?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
my body is ready
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump for the bump.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess they are going to do nothing and wait for the lawsuit.  Then do more nothing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
What was their generic answer
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard that NFATCA has an open meeting to the public the Thursday before the knob creek shoot in October. If anyone can attend it would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Any idea where the meeting is?

https://imgur.com/VwHdpyB

Is anyone planning on going to this open meeting?
Would be interesting to here if they bring this up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like stalling to me .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard that NFATCA has an open meeting to the public the Thursday before the knob creek shoot in October. If anyone can attend it would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Any idea where the meeting is?

https://imgur.com/VwHdpyB

Im going to try and be there in time for the meeting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Nolo, off your website:

They've proposed 5 (yes, FIVE) dates for production.  Can there really be that many records?
View Quote

I'm no lawyer, not up on FOIA and generally terminally stupid--why is five days such a surprise?  I guess I don't understand the context of the word "production" here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nolo, off your website:
I'm no lawyer, not up on FOIA and generally terminally stupid--why is five days such a surprise?  I guess I don't understand the context of the word "production" here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nolo, off your website:

They've proposed 5 (yes, FIVE) dates for production.  Can there really be that many records?

They are saying that it will be so onerous or so much work to make the information requested available that they need 5 different days to do it.  "Production" as in "produce the requested information."  Which seems ridiculous.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Must be a lot of stuff. Can't wait to get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nolo, off your website:

They are saying that it will be so onerous or so much work to make the information requested available that they need 5 different days to do it.  "Production" as in "produce the requested information."  Which seems ridiculous.

I'm waiting to see how much is either redacted or missing to protect a CI.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nolo, off your website:

So, produce as in "hand box of files to FOIA requester"?

When my kids were two, they came up with better lines than that.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nolo, off your website:

Not even a CI.

DOS vetted FOIA requests with the Clinton Foundation.  http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/11/wikileaks-state-dept-coordinated-email-release-with-clinton-campaign/

I'll wager ATF will vet these with the shitbags at NFATCA and there will be collusion to obscure the truth.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Mg neckbeard palms just got sweatier.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mg neckbeard palms just got sweatier.
View Quote

We can only hope.  Probably some people doing some name changes as we speak.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Court ordered the following production schedule:

? Friday, November 18, 2016 – first production deadline;
? Monday, December 19, 2016 – second production deadline;
? Wednesday, January 18, 2017 – third production deadline;
? Friday, February 17, 2017 – fourth production deadline; and
? Monday, March 20, 2017 – fifth and final production deadline

View Quote

Does this mean they should provide 20% of the material at the five dates or that they get to blow you off 4 times then do a major dump of redacted material on you and say that's it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#26]
so,in laymans terms?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

so,in laymans terms?
View Quote

ATF is blowing it off until after the election, then stretching out the timeframe in which they must release the documents requested under the FOIA with a final disposition date over year after the documents were initially requested.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ATF is blowing it off until after the election, then stretching out the timeframe in which they must release the documents requested under the FOIA with a final disposition date over year after the documents were initially requested.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so,in laymans terms?

Although, it may be because:
1. they're going to print out the whole slew, to ensure it's non-searchable.
2. there's so many documents, it will literally take that long.
3. they're busy trying to ensure that they'll get charged with whatever wrongdoing they're guilty of by the current administration, and get a midnight pardon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Were they looking for this?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

3. they're busy trying to ensure that they'll get charged with whatever wrongdoing they're guilty of by the current administration, and get a midnight pardon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so,in laymans terms?

Taking the effort to bust out that blue and white mimeograph machine and make a few generations of copies takes time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is an anti archive bump. I will get some docs either tomorrow or a few days after
View Quote

WHEEEEE!!!! Hope it goes well!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is an anti archive bump. I will get some docs either tomorrow or a few days after
View Quote

WINNING
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

you do the best safe threads
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#37]
good luck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#38]
OST, hopefully we get some good reading material soon.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Dear Nolo C.,

We're sorry for the delay, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be out of the office until 1/2/2017 We totally missed the fact that there were 3 federal holidays so close together, and so many had vacation time with family already planned. By being late JUST ONE DAY! it has totally messed with that damn schedule that judge pinned us to. As soon as we can get back in the office , reminisce about the good times, and get everything back in motion again, we expect to have this ready for you February 2017, at the latest.
              Your friends,
                   The BATFE.

P.S. barring any further complications.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#44]
In for the fun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Well this should be interesting.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Caint wait
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hold on boys and girls.  the documents are here.  OCRing the docs now..

It's like Christmas in November!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#49]
when they declare pages exempt because they are "non-responsive", what does that mean?

They have exempted lots of pages.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Why is The NFATCA asking the ATF to redact information in their response letters? or did I read that wrong?

"Since there are no regulations concerning this issue I am asking, on behalf of the NF A TC A, for a
response from the Bureau on what the status is on ownership of any type of 40mm round and
what the specific status is on pocessing tracer ammunition. I will be publishing this information
for our membership through our web site. If at all possible you can redact the information in your
response to the .......... letter and let us know how to proceed.
A TF has published a lot of opinion letters on both issues but the NF A TCA has nothing to go on
that could be shared with the rest of the industry. This entire letter debacle with ........makes
me very angry. This tells me that letters of opinion are being sent to certain personnel and that
industry has no access to that data. In short, I need your help."
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top