Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 81
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, he was a convicted felon. Per the NYT:

According to court records, Mr. Scott was born in South Carolina, was about six feet tall and weighed 230 to 250 pounds. While living in South Carolina in the 1990s, he was charged with a number of offenses including check fraud, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed weapon. Later, he moved to Texas where he shot and wounded a man in San Antonio in 2002, for which he was convicted and sentenced, in 2005, to seven years in prison. He was released in 2011.
View Quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/us/charlotte-shooting-keith-scott.html?_r=1
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is it wrong to post this to the Colt gallery thread?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well well well

that is an interesting book

Is there a mag? I'm thinking of the cops popped it out and cleared it they would've locked the slide back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nope, the family lawyer just said the Charlotte cops can only shoot after shots are fired and not if there is just a gun there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm assuming the guy was a convicted felon?

Yes he is.

---

But the video doesn't look good for the cops.
There may or may not be a gun in his right hand.
Even if there is a gun, it appears to be down by his side when the shots were fired.

I hope they have better evidence or else the wife may have won the ghetto lottery by screaming to inflame the situation (even though he is an obvious felon in possession of a firearm).

Doesn't matter if it's down by his side. If it's in his hand it is a threat.

Nope, the family lawyer just said the Charlotte cops can only shoot after shots are fired and not if there is just a gun there

Wow. He IS retarded. You can shoot back if the perp shoots you first.  lol  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah right home boy from last year only got $2.25 and he was unarmed. This guys family won't get squat. They need to get the bill for damage caused downtown.

The family of the protester killed needs to sue the Scott family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet the city will settle with the family for $10 million.

Yeah right home boy from last year only got $2.25 and he was unarmed. This guys family won't get squat. They need to get the bill for damage caused downtown.

The family of the protester killed needs to sue the Scott family.

lol his mama is proud of her little BLM martyr

She said he died "for the cause"

10 bucks says she sues Charlotte PD too
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Killer Mike is awesome and actually pretty pro Police. Always talking about Officer Norman in Arkansas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if this has been posted in another thread... or this one!

But those municipal dwelling city folk.... both black and white sympathizers should really  let what this this man has to say sink in!

https://youtu.be/QB5ZbHtMeaI

Killer Mike is awesome and actually pretty pro Police. Always talking about Officer Norman in Arkansas.

Yea.....judging by the yelling from the audience.... somehow I don't think they took heed in his words!

Their first mistake if the want to take this to the next level!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't see a black officer anywhere
View Quote

The shooter?  Sorry he's not black enough for you! LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see him holding a book in the video...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Tonight's forcast?
Fire.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can felons get carry permits? Dude on FOX said he had one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go to 1:22 in the first video here.

Quoted:
So people don't have to go to news sites.

https://youtu.be/HZJ71QMW3zQ

https://youtu.be/X27QHrzPu1E

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess, I just don't see him out of the four officers I counted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Potesters Potesting
View Quote

PEACEFUL   don't forget that part
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he is.

---

But the video doesn't look good for the cops.
There may or may not be a gun in his right hand.
Even if there is a gun, it appears to be down by his side when the shots were fired.

I hope they have better evidence or else the wife may have won the ghetto lottery by screaming to inflame the situation (even though he is an obvious felon in possession of a firearm).

Doesn't matter if it's down by his side. If it's in his hand it is a threat.

He is going to sue based on not following Department Policy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
So people don't have to go to news sites.

https://youtu.be/HZJ71QMW3zQ

https://youtu.be/X27QHrzPu1E

Ahh, gotcha. I hadn't watched that far.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Was this guy a vet?  The scumbag family shyster referenced all the "military people" coming back with TBI and how was Charlotte PD not prepared for this???  Sounds like he's trying to created an unconscious link between a doper shitbird who fell off his bike and guys who get lit up by an IED.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Nm that sounded rude.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Perps truck is nicer than the car I drive everyday
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lazeht.jpg

Oh shit, the black hand did it

Those pesky serbs

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
In dash cam vid when he gets out and steps backward his right hand is closed, gripped to something. And his left hand is open. You can see both silhouetted against the silver/whitish color of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if web traffic to the site on the back of his shirt has picked up?

I think it is w00tstock.net

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Colt Mustang in an ankle holster? Pretty classy rig for a violent felon.

The safety is off, by the way. Not sure if its C1 or C3 but its been mentioned that it was loaded
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was a convicted felon and did time for shooting someone in San Antonio, check fraud and who knows what else. It is illegal for him to have a gun in his posession period! There was no way in hell he had a CCW with his record. If he by some chance did get one, somebody fucked up big time issuing it to him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In dash cam vid when he gets out and steps backward his right hand is closed, gripped to something.
View Quote

just as the officer starts to shoot he is raising the hand away from his hip.

No criminal charges, Charlotte is bankrupt
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I still don't get how these body cams have such shit image quality. It's the [current year] and you're telling me they can't get a rugged, reliable, 720p camera suitable for a body cam for a reasonable price?

I've read here that they constantly fall off too. I know government contract largess and corruption can get you a bad product, behind schedule, and marked up 500%, but good grief.

Can anyone enlighten me? These blurry images are just going to let rumors run wild.

eta: I recognize that for some folks, the images will never be clear enough and they will believe what they want to believe
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can see him briefly in the dash cam video, on the version I saw at around 1:20

ETA;  Beat by a mile  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#28]
WE DEMAND

1. THE IMMEDIATE END TO THE STATE OF EMERGENCY, CURFEW & THE REMOVAL OF THE NATIONAL GUARD

2. THE IMMEDIATE DEMILITARIZATION OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE IMMEDIATE RETURN OF ALL MILITARY EQUIPMENT

3. THE DEFUNDING OF THE POLICE  DEPARTMENT (2017 Budget: $246,644,617) AND THE REDIRECTION OF THOSE RESOURCES TO THE NEEDS OF OUR COMMUNITIES (INCLUDING RESOURCES FOR JOBS PROGRAMS, AFFORDABLE QUALITY HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION, HOLISTIC HEALTH AND QUALITY SCHOOLS)

4. AN INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION INTO THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT AND AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CHARLOTTE MECKLENBURG POLICE DEPARTMENT BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE  AND A FREEZE ON THE NEARLY 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS AWARDED IN FEDERAL GRANTS ANNUALLY TO THE DEPARTMENT 

5. A RELEASE OF THE POLICE REPORT AND BODY CAMERA FOOTAGE CONNECTED WITH THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT  & ALL OTHER KILLINGS TO THE PUBLIC AND IMMEDIATELY REPEAL OF HB 972, WHICH RESTRICTS THE ABILITY OF THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS POLICE BODY CAMERA FOOTAGE 

6. THE IMMEDIATE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL THOSE ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE UPRISING RESULTING FROM THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT & THE DROPPING OF ALL CHARGES 

7. THE RELEASE OF ALL THE NAMES OF THE OFFICERS INVOLVED IN THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT TO THE PUBLIC FOLLOWED BY THEIR FIRING, ARREST AND PROSECUTION

8. REPARATIONS FOR THE FAMILY OF KEITH L. SCOTT AND ALL VICTIMS  OF POLICE VIOLENCE AS WELL AS THE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN KILLED

9. COMMUNITY CONTROL OF THE POLICE, STARTING WITH THE CREATION OF A CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT BOARD THAT HAS THE POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE OFFICERS, DETERMINE DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AS WELL AS DICTATE POLICE POLICIES, PRIORITIES, AND BUDGETS. THE BOARD SHALL NOT INCLUDE POLICE REPRESENTATION AND WILL BE CONTROLLED BY COMMUNITIES MOST IMPACTED BY POLICING AND INCARCERATION IN CHARLOTTE.

10. AN END TO THE REPRESSION & TARGETING OF PROTESTORS AND ALL THOSE ENGAGED IN THE CHARLOTTE UPRISING
View Quote

http://www.charlotteuprising.com/charlotte-uprising-information.html

lololololololololololololololololololololol
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

1. THE IMMEDIATE END TO THE STATE OF EMERGENCY, CURFEW & THE REMOVAL OF THE NATIONAL GUARD

2. THE IMMEDIATE DEMILITARIZATION OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE IMMEDIATE RETURN OF ALL MILITARY EQUIPMENT

3. THE DEFUNDING OF THE POLICE  DEPARTMENT (2017 Budget: $246,644,617) AND THE REDIRECTION OF THOSE RESOURCES TO THE NEEDS OF OUR COMMUNITIES (INCLUDING RESOURCES FOR JOBS PROGRAMS, AFFORDABLE QUALITY HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION, HOLISTIC HEALTH AND QUALITY SCHOOLS)

4. AN INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION INTO THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT AND AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CHARLOTTE MECKLENBURG POLICE DEPARTMENT BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE  AND A FREEZE ON THE NEARLY 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS AWARDED IN FEDERAL GRANTS ANNUALLY TO THE DEPARTMENT 

5. A RELEASE OF THE POLICE REPORT AND BODY CAMERA FOOTAGE CONNECTED WITH THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT  & ALL OTHER KILLINGS TO THE PUBLIC AND IMMEDIATELY REPEAL OF HB 972, WHICH RESTRICTS THE ABILITY OF THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS POLICE BODY CAMERA FOOTAGE 

6. THE IMMEDIATE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL THOSE ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE UPRISING RESULTING FROM THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT & THE DROPPING OF ALL CHARGES 

7. THE RELEASE OF ALL THE NAMES OF THE OFFICERS INVOLVED IN THE KILLING OF KEITH L. SCOTT TO THE PUBLIC FOLLOWED BY THEIR FIRING, ARREST AND PROSECUTION

8. REPARATIONS FOR THE FAMILY OF KEITH L. SCOTT AND ALL VICTIMS  OF POLICE VIOLENCE AS WELL AS THE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN KILLED

9. COMMUNITY CONTROL OF THE POLICE, STARTING WITH THE CREATION OF A CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT BOARD THAT HAS THE POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE OFFICERS, DETERMINE DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AS WELL AS DICTATE POLICE POLICIES, PRIORITIES, AND BUDGETS. THE BOARD SHALL NOT INCLUDE POLICE REPRESENTATION AND WILL BE CONTROLLED BY COMMUNITIES MOST IMPACTED BY POLICING AND INCARCERATION IN CHARLOTTE.

10. AN END TO THE REPRESSION & TARGETING OF PROTESTORS AND ALL THOSE ENGAGED IN THE CHARLOTTE UPRISING

I can arrange affordable housing.   The NC prisons may get a little crowded though
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#31]
So.................

If we give them #3, who the hell is still going to be there for #4 - #10???
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

yeah that is not going to happen
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

WE DEMAND

3. THE DEFUNDING OF THE POLICE  DEPARTMENT (2017 Budget: $246,644,617) AND THE REDIRECTION OF THOSE RESOURCES TO THE NEEDS OF OUR COMMUNITIES (INCLUDING RESOURCES FOR JOBS PROGRAMS, AFFORDABLE QUALITY HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION, HOLISTIC HEALTH AND QUALITY SCHOOLS)
9. COMMUNITY CONTROL OF THE POLICE, STARTING WITH THE CREATION OF A CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT BOARD THAT HAS THE POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE OFFICERS, DETERMINE DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AS WELL AS DICTATE POLICE POLICIES, PRIORITIES, AND BUDGETS. THE BOARD SHALL NOT INCLUDE POLICE REPRESENTATION AND WILL BE CONTROLLED BY COMMUNITIES MOST IMPACTED BY POLICING AND INCARCERATION IN CHARLOTTE.

A. That seems like a huge budget for police.

B. Black people always bitch about wanting and needing unions. But the exact reason why the "bad cops" arent fired or why cops are suspended with pay or why cops can delay full interviews for sometimes 72 hours is the presenceof a police union.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

The city should call their bluff on #1-5; but tell them to fuck off on #6-10.
1-3. Pull all NG, PD, & all equipment outside the city limits - then wait. They can watch the live feeds of everyone committing crimes & then round them up later.
4. Already happening.
5. Release all (unedited) body cam footage that they have no matter what it is (it's only going to show ghetto thugs acting like ghetto thugs & turn public opinion against them even more).
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Anything stirring yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

WE DEMAND
9. COMMUNITY CONTROL OF THE POLICE, STARTING WITH THE CREATION OF A CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT BOARD THAT HAS THE POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE OFFICERS, DETERMINE DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AS WELL AS DICTATE POLICE POLICIES, PRIORITIES, AND BUDGETS. THE BOARD SHALL NOT INCLUDE POLICE REPRESENTATION AND WILL BE CONTROLLED BY COMMUNITIES MOST IMPACTED BY POLICING AND INCARCERATION IN CHARLOTTE.

It's hard to pick my favorite, but number 9 is pretty ambitious.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Ankle holster?

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

They could've just said, "we the police now"
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

Yep. "We demand that the communities where the majority of criminals reside be in charge of the PD."

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is there a mag? I'm thinking of the cops popped it out and cleared it they would've locked the slide back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well well well

that is an interesting book

Was wondering it is confirmed stolen or not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE DEMAND

They have had this for quite some time.  Elected mayor and city council.  They keep voting in the same progressive fucks expected different results.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anything stirring yet?
View Quote

Heard Dino say "it's fuckin on tonight, we bringin it!"
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Is the police video released yet?

Eta: never Mind, yes it is.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#46]
WE ARE CHARLIT UPRISING!
Charlotte Uprising is a coalition of community members, local and state organizers committed to ensuring the safety of their communities, and advocating for police accountability, transparency and social and economic equity.
View Quote

They're "ensuring" the shit out of their communities.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#47]
That list though.
I can't handle that much stupid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is the police video released yet?
View Quote

page or two back
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I was watching "Dino's" feed for a minute too.   Either he is diabetic or popped some X or something.   He must have drank 2 bottles of water in about 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#50]
They keep voting in the same progressive fucks expected different results.
View Quote

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the correct answer.
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top