Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 116
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like most of the West Florida Republic. So I am good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that were to happen, just think about the number of Arfcom members relocating to that area? Let's take the 5th Circuit (because Nolo is a Mississippi lawyer, not because that is where any of the cases as necessarily being filed).

Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals includes:

Eastern District of Louisiana
   Middle District of Louisiana
   Western District of Louisiana
   Northern District of Mississippi
   Southern District of Mississippi
   Eastern District of Texas
   Northern District of Texas
   Southern District of Texas
   Western District of Texas

So, in other words, Texas wins again.

As much as I love Tennessee, I am kin (through paternal grandmother's family) to Davy Crockett. I suppose the Texans might grow to tolerate, if not accept, me into their Republic state.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, look!  Found another $20!

Think I'll put it here - http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk - for safe keeping.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bumping the most important thread in the last 28y.  Why can't we get this pinned at the top of GD again?  NorCal?  Admin?  Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, "re-bumped" threads tend to get more notice than tacked ones.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Might be good if they could flip the switch from keeping it out of the archives, although I doubt this thread is at risk of being archived anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep. Might be good if they could flip the switch from keeping it out of the archives, although I doubt this thread is at risk of being archived anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly not.

Especially if things go live soon.

Any updates, Nolo?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Only Wiki entry on this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_case_law_in_the_United_States#cite_note-8

Dissenting opinion on the interpretation of the above ruling:  http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/09/13/united-states-v-rock-island-armory-not-a-loophole-in-nfa/

More importantly there was a subsequent case in a different district, US vs. Dalton (4th circuit) that used the exact same argument for their defense.  They did not reference US vs. Rock Island Armory, but they did use the exact same defense.  The result of that subsequent case was conviction.  Then in 1993 there was a 3rd case, US vs Ross.  In the Ross case they specifically reference the Rock Island Armory case AND use the same defensive strategy.  The prosecution referenced Dalton, said that it has been ruled on two ways, and he himself convicted Ross.

So this strategy has been used 3 times, in 3 different courts, and only Rock Island managed to win.  I think that the way I read Rock Island they won on constitutional basis (NOT the way the dissenting opinion above describes), but the fact the same strategy was used subsequently twice and both of those failed, I'm not sure if that's a good strategy to go with since there is more case law going against you than with you.

ETA:  Stewart vs. US was reversed in 2006 upon direction of the Supreme Court
View Quote

I read through those websites and it brought some questions to mind:

Now that we know the 2A is a fundamental right of the People:

1. [NFA] Though Congress does have the power to tax, should the taxing of certain arms for the explicit purpose of acting as a deterrent to their procurement by the People constitute an infringement on the RTKABA?  Yes or no?  

2. Does the tax and the wait time make it more difficult for one to exercise the Right?  Yes or no?  

3. Does it make it impossible for some to exercise that Right?  Yes or no?

4. [GCA] Though Congress has some power when using the Interstate Commerce Clause, should that power serve to reduce/encroach/infringe upon a Right explicitly defined in the BoR, a document which was required in order to even ratify the Constitution which gave Congress any power in the first place.  Yes or no?  

5. Should the Constitution, without being amended, be able to limit any Right defined in the BoR?  Yes or no?

6. [FOPA] Using the same logic as 4., should banning an entire class of firearms constitute an infringement/encroachment/trespass on the People's RTKABA?  Yes or no?  

7. Substitute arms with your favorite means of speech, and substitute RTKABA with freedom of speech.  Can congress ban computers?  Books?  Papers?  Yes or no?  

8. Why not?  We could still have "free" speech through means not banned, correct?  Yes or no?

9. Is speech truly free if there are laws which ban certain means of speech?  Yes or no?

10. Have our Rights been infringed upon when entire classes of arms have been banned?    Yes or no?

11. Is using the term "common use" as described in Miller an encroachment on the shall not be infringed clause in the 2A?  Yes or no?

12. Is the term "shall not be infringed" ambiguous in any way?  Yes or no.

13. Your honor, what exactly is YOUR definition of shall not be infringed?  __________

Please advise.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for $87 now, and more later.  I have NFA toys that will, god willing, loose value if this works, and I'm more than fine with that.  The people that are shaking in their boots because they have a couple belt-feds that will go from $50k guns to $5k guns disgust me.  

Even if it doesn't work, it beats the hell out of sitting around like a whore hoping the pimp (BATFE) is nice to us if we don't talk back.  

Also, fuck the tools that think Nolo is too young, too inexperienced, or greedy.  Only someone completely ignorant of the legal profession could think that Nolo is going to get rich on this one.  Hopefully he'll get famous in the process, which will certainly help his long term career prospects, but he's probably going to wind up working this one at $30/hr.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in for $87 now, and more later.  I have NFA toys that will, god willing, loose value if this works, and I'm more than fine with that.  The people that are shaking in their boots because they have a couple belt-feds that will go from $50k guns to $5k guns disgust me.  

Even if it doesn't work, it beats the hell out of sitting around like a whore hoping the pimp (BATFE) is nice to us if we don't talk back.  

Also, fuck the tools that think Nolo is too young, too inexperienced, or greedy.  Only someone completely ignorant of the legal profession could think that Nolo is going to get rich on this one.  Hopefully he'll get famous in the process, which will certainly help his long term career prospects, but he's probably going to wind up working this one at $30/hr.
View Quote

I know he has been working it for free in his mind for years.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
(Morgan Freeman voice): " I remember the first time I laid eyes on Nolo. Buying some reloading components off the EE."
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

(Morgan Freeman voice): " I remember the first time I laid eyes on Nolo. Buying some reloading components off the EE."
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#12]

So, in other words, Texas wins again. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

go texas!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

And not a single fuck will be given for them or their loss...

You and them could just sell your Machine guns now, and if nothing happens just buy them back with the money you made plus the difference..

I have never met any machine gun owner that wants the Hughes amendment to stay, but I am sure they exist..Sadly I know for fact they exist and their hive of scum and villainy is name subguns.com.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I emailed the lawyer taking care of this asking what his thoughts on the law prohibiting a "person" from possession any MG made after '86. He didn't email me back. Even tho the Trust is legally able to MFG the MG, it would still be illegal for the grantor/Trustee to take possess of it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I emailed the lawyer taking care of this asking what his thoughts on the law prohibiting a "person" from possession any MG made after '86. He didn't email me back. Even tho the Trust is legally able to MFG the MG, it would still be illegal for the grantor/Trustee to take possess of it.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As much as I love Tennessee, I am kin (through paternal grandmother's family) to Davy Crockett. I suppose the Texans might grow to tolerate, if not accept, me into their Republic state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that were to happen, just think about the number of Arfcom members relocating to that area? Let's take the 5th Circuit (because Nolo is a Mississippi lawyer, not because that is where any of the cases as necessarily being filed).

So, in other words, Texas wins again.

Yes Texas will accept you.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

A trust is a legal entity. The people of the trust function as part of that entity, not as people.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sadly I know for fact they exist and their hive of scum and villainy is name subguns.com.
View Quote

Yep - found 'em.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A trust is a legal entity. The people of the trust function as part of that entity, not as people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If thats the case, why does the owner of the stamp have to return it? Hes not in violation of anything. Did the form 1 come back with a reason for the denial?

Edit: I'm about to hit you guys with some riddles! So how would this play out for Trusts? Its illegal to transfer the MG to the beneficiary. Trust have beneficiaries.... How would current law come into play with Trust's beneficiary when the Grantor/Trustee die?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If thats the case, why does the owner of the stamp have to return it? Hes not in violation of anything. Did the form 1 come back with a reason for the denial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the legality of a trust manufacturing a machine gun hasn't been hashed out yet.  That's kind of how this whole thing started.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because the legality of a trust manufacturing a machine gun hasn't been hashed out yet.  That's kind of how this whole thing started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand. I tried to read up Trust's law and try to find a correction but I couldn't. I don't see how this isn't getting headlines or even noticed from big 2nd amendment right groups. I'm really surprised NRA didn't say anything nor NOIR when I messaged him a couple times.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I understand. I tried to read up Trust's law and try to find a correction but I couldn't. I don't see how this isn't getting headlines or even noticed from big 2nd amendment right groups. I'm really surprised NRA didn't say anything nor NOIR when I messaged him a couple times.
View Quote

Because it's a long shot.  The big groups don't like being associated with long shots, only sure things.  So if this becomes a sure thing, they might get involved.  Until then, it's unlikely that they will.  Heller v. DC was the same way.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You and them could just sell your Machine guns now, and if nothing happens just buy them back with the money you made plus the difference..

I have never met any machine gun owner that wants the Hughes amendment to stay, but I am sure they exist..Sadly I know for fact they exist and their hive of scum and villainy is name subguns.com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not one of the people with $50k beltfeds sitting around, otherwise I might be selling.  

My pimp and ho analogy seems especially apt for subguns.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It won't go into the archives.

For obvious reasons, I can't go into a whole bunch of detail here.  But just hang tight and trust me.
View Quote

What you did there, I see it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]
HORY SHET! This thread is in page 3! That many people posting in GD?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
HORY SHET! This thread is in page 3! That many people posting in GD?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Its check out time for me.

I will not post anything else in this thread.

My parting shots.........

Its very foolish to go half assed in such a lawsuit. A case like this will require the best and brightest legal team.

You are foolish to think that it can be done for less than millions of dollars.

The small fund will be depleated quickly. Lack of experience will raise its ugly head. Corners will be cut and serious mistakes will be made.

The consequences of legal losses could be severe.

Many outside this thread occasionally stop in for a peak at the thread and its not good what they think. Attorneys, nfa guys, and general firearm enthusiast are thinking what a mess.

I am OUT!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its very foolish to go half assed in such a lawsuit. A case like this will require the best and brightest legal team.

The small fund will be depleated quickly. Lack of experience will raise its ugly head. Corners will be cut and serious mistakes will be made.

Many outside this thread occasionally stop in for a peak at the thread and its not good what they think. Attorneys, nfa guys, and general firearm enthusiast are thinking what a mess.

I am OUT!
View Quote

How can you be OUT when you were never IN to begin with?

"Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ? Samuel Adams.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

blah blah blah

I am OUT!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Just shut up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am OUT!
View Quote

What could the "consequences" be?
Please go back under your rock. Also; spell check works pretty well on this site.
Go back to buying FNC sears on the stupid assumption (despite many letters to the contrary & advice from countless people that it wasn't legal) that you could use them in a SCAR. You're a speculator, and a really, really stupid one at that.

Hope you go to bed skeered every night that your "investments" lose value.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Please go back under your rock. Also; spell check works pretty well on this site.
Go back to buying FNC sears on the stupid assumption (despite many letters to the contrary & advice from countless people that it wasn't legal) that you could use them in a SCAR. You're a speculator, and a really, really stupid one at that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am OUT!

Yeah can someone please tell us what the worse out come could be? I mean give us the whole nine yards or just shut these agents of the boggie man up,..
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh, look!  Found another $20!

Think I'll put it here - http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk - for safe keeping.
View Quote

Saturday morning bump.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For obvious reasons, I can't go into a whole bunch of detail here.  But just hang tight and trust me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly not.

Especially if things go live soon.

Any updates, Nolo?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just bumping the most important thread in the last 28y.  Why can't we get this pinned at the top of GD again?  NorCal?  Admin?  Anyone?
View Quote

I won't let that happen.

Even if I'm just here, by myself,  talking to my self, I'll be posting here at least every 24-48 hours.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am OUT!
View Quote

You're so full of shit. So who are these Attorneys, nfa guys, and enthusiasts that you're talking about? How do they even know what Nolo is doing to decide that anyway. Unless they mean this thread, which I might agree with sine you keep posting in it.

You're full of shit, and I wish someone would ban you from this thread for trolling.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I won't let that happen.

Even if I'm just here, by myself,  talking to my self, I'll be posting here at least every 24-48 hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't let that happen.

I'll help you bump today. How's the weather down there in Florida?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am OUT!
View Quote

Guys,
xm15e2s is right.
We cannot win this.
We should all just go home and cry ourselves to sleep and be thankful the Fed Gov takes our Constitutional Rights away slowly at their leisure.

xm15e2s...I'll bet money you cant stay out of this thread. You're a parasite and a profiteer, and will happily fuck over your fellow Americans and 2A supporters for the sake of profit.

So, Judas...what will you spend your 30 pieces of silver on?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

xm15e2s...I'll bet money you cant stay out of this thread. You're a parasite and a profiteer, and will happily fuck over your fellow Americans and 2A supporters for the sake of profit.

So, Judas...what will you spend your 30 pieces of silver on?

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=52740
View Quote

OH SNAP!

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

US v. Rock Island Armory did go in our favor, but the government declined to appeal, meaning the decision is only binding in Illinois where machine guns are banned at the state level meaning no one can take advantage of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update says close to filing lawsuit #1  

Any idea when that might happen?

How long before this is heard in court?

How long before this comes to its conclusion?

Does this have to end at the Supreme Court to work out with us?

Why did the registry not reopened after US v. Rock Island Armory: or Steward vs US? I thought at least in Rock Island Armory was in our favor?

US v. Rock Island Armory did go in our favor, but the government declined to appeal, meaning the decision is only binding in Illinois where machine guns are banned at the state level meaning no one can take advantage of it.

So what exactly is it that's binding in this case.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#43]
This is a bump, because it is needed......
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Please be advised that someone from this thread is posting on other boards using my screen name xm15e2s or xm15e2 about this topic and subject.

Its not me.

Boards like subguns.

Ive been emailed about other attempts.

I am very outspoken I don't need anyone pretending to be me.
View Quote

Not here. 986 posts since April 2001? That's like one post every 5 days. I've been here a month longer and I know damn well I'm not exactly "very outspoken" with 3553 posts. I also know damn well I'm not the only Finnbear on the internet because that username is often not available. Having a username of a gun model popular with the 2A crowd means there will be others using the same name in many other places. You don't have a patent on that username and in the grand scheme of things, your 986 987 posts are about as important as a pimple on my ass.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not here. 986 posts since April 2001? That's like one post every 5 days. I've been here a month longer and I know damn well I'm not exactly "very outspoken" with 3553 posts. I also know damn well I'm not the only Finnbear on the internet because that username is often not available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please be advised that someone from this thread is posting on other boards using my screen name xm15e2s or xm15e2 about this topic and subject.

Its not me.

Boards like subguns.

Not here. 986 posts since April 2001? That's like one post every 5 days. I've been here a month longer and I know damn well I'm not exactly "very outspoken" with 3553 posts. I also know damn well I'm not the only Finnbear on the internet because that username is often not available.

I feel like such a post whore now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The NRA is where they are most comfortable. Staying awake from anything controversial yet still being considered the great devil by all the liberals.

NRA might show up and state a position if this makes it to SCOTUS. Until then, expect zero help from NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A "technical correction" to add trust to the definition of person in 18 USC 921 would not generate anywhere near the controversy that "universal background checks" did.
It would pass without much notice and virtually without objection.

I'm sorry..... I must have missed it-where is the NRA in all this?

The NRA is where they are most comfortable. Staying awake from anything controversial yet still being considered the great devil by all the liberals.

NRA might show up and state a position if this makes it to SCOTUS. Until then, expect zero help from NRA.

I was being facetious..... And I don't want the NRA anywhere near this case even if it does go to the SCOTUS. After they actively tried to torpedo the Heller case by asking to merge it with another case they knew would fail, and naming all kinds of people defendants that had no bearing on their case, I have no trust that NRA has my best interests in mind.

The only unharmful thing the NRA did with the Heller case was step in at the last minute when the Kodak moment was a sure thing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm a broke college kid working my way through college and still have made it a priority to donate $10 just now, I'll probably be back in a few days to throw 10 more bucks at it. For those of you that say they can't find the extra funds, go roll some change from your car if you have to, make a pack of cigs last two days not one, you really don't need that case of beer after all, etc; save somewhere in your life and donate just a bit, its not hard and only takes a min or two at max.
View Quote

Thanks for giving what you can, friend-it all matters.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Donation made. I will continue to try to contribute and spread the word as this goes on.

Edited to tell xm15 to kick rocks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not me.

Boards like subguns.

Did somebody say post whore?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not me.

Boards like subguns.

Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top