BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 47
Posted: 9/1/2015 11:15:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It's about damn time someone told these jackasses to go fuck themselves.

Anthony Kennedy made his ruling, now let him enforce it!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
While I don't agree that using "God's authority" as the reason for your actions, she could simply say she has strong personal convictions and will not follow through with the order.  But with that aside, I applaud her for standing up to these assholes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I fail to understand, if she feels so strongly in her beliefs, why don't she just quit?  Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
God bless this woman.  She has principals and bigger balls than any of our other so called "conservatives".
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Get over it or quit.

Stop the attention whoring.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#6]
why should I have to get the government's permission to get married?   Who gave the government the authority to decide who can marry and who cannot?

The word "marriage" does not appear in the Constitution.

Get the government out of the business of marriage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I fail to understand, if she feels so strongly in her beliefs, why don't she just quit?  Can't have your cake and eat it too.
View Quote

Why should she quit her job because a couple of lunatics that no one elected decided to redefine civilization?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what it looks like to live in a Godless and Fascist country.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
She works for the government. It's not her place to make these decisions. Fire her and put someone who will do the job in her place.

Now if she was a private business owner or religious institution making the decision not to serve them, I have no problem with that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why should she quit her job because a couple of lunatics that no one elected decided to redefine civilization?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing you're a big fan of Andrew Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
While I applaud her for sticking to her beliefs, I think she's wrong.

If you feel you can't do your job because of religious beliefs, then quit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#14]
So if the sheriff decided not to issue carry permits because of his strong personal belief, you're okay with that?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While I don't agree that using "God's authority" as the reason for your actions, she could simply say she has strong personal convictions and will not follow through with the order.  But with that aside, I applaud her for standing up to these assholes.
View Quote

I hope she is made to realize it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's about damn time someone told these jackasses to go fuck themselves.

Anthony Kennedy made his ruling, now let him enforce it!

They have people for that   http://timothyolyphant.siterubix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/raylan-badge.jpg

It could get ugly if the Sheriff decides he's on her side and sends a couple deputies down to arrest any of those federal boys trying to interfere.

Remember, this was our great hope after the Sandy Hook shooting when it seemed like gun control was imminent; that the Sheriffs would tell the Feds to go fuck themselves...and they did!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#17]
but but what if it was a muslim in that position? Lol butt hurt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#18]
She needs to be recalled.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#19]
FUCKING OBAMA gets to decide which laws to follow...whats good for the goose...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andrew Jackson! Now there was a president!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

She is refusing to issue licenses to ANYBODY, not just gay couples.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#22]
She needs to be fired.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bull Shit...she is doing nothing the fucking president isnt doing...picking which laws to enforce. ..
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Whether or not you agree with her, you have to agree with what she's representing.  If she can be forced to go against her religious beliefs, then what is freedom of religion?  At that point, all it is is "Yes, you have freedom of religion, as long as we agree with you."

Similarly - "yes, you have the right to keep and bear arms, but no one needs an assault weapon."
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's not doing the job she was elected to perform.  In most career fields that gets you fired.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because she is not willing to do her job. It really is that simple.  Great she has beliefs but sometimes your beliefs can cost you and the ones who stand up then are truly worth the adoration.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Because she is sworn to uphold the law?  If the law is changed (and it has been) then she needs to follow it or quit in protest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because she is sworn to uphold the law?  If the law is changed (and it has been) then she needs to follow it or quit in protest.

No. That's how tyranny moves forward. People roll over and over and over and next thing you know it's too late to make a stand. Fuck that. Stand your ground while you have ground left to stand on!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
She looks pleasant.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know how I feel about this.  I'm glad someone is growing a spine, I'm just not sure this is the hill to die on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Get over it or quit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh look a couple of queers starting trouble. I think its funny how they believe if they get married and act like heterosexual couples they think their normal people. I hope they never get issued a marriage license. Fucking weirdos.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bull Shit...she is doing nothing the fucking president isnt doing...picking which laws to enforce. ..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the Governor, the State AG, the Sheriff, Police Chief, DA, local POs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Whether or not you agree with her, you have to agree with what she's representing.  If she can be forced to go against her religious beliefs, then what is freedom of religion?  At that point, all it is is "Yes, you have freedom of religion, as long as we agree with you."

Similarly - "yes, you have the right to keep and bear arms, but no one needs an assault weapon."
View Quote

If she were acting as an individual, yes.  She's not, however.  She's representing the state, and the state does not have freedom of religion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No. That's how tyranny moves forward. People roll over and over and over and next thing you know it's too late to make a stand. Fuck that. Stand your ground while you have ground left to stand on!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SQUEEEEEZE something through by any means, and now IT'S LAW!  You're an elected official, you have to enforce it!

Bullshit.  Just because something is a "law" does not mean that it is right.  Will it be illegal for doctors to refuse abortions next?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Good.

why don't the gays just go to another county and get their license?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Because she is not willing to do her job. It really is that simple.  Great she has beliefs but sometimes your beliefs can cost you and the ones who stand up then are truly worth the adoration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you don't think that standing up for her beliefs in this case is going to cost her anything?

This is a woman of great courage and integrity. I applaud her!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't know how I feel about this.  I'm glad someone is growing a spine, I'm just not sure this is the hill to die on.
View Quote

At least she picked a hill instead of saying this is not the fight, now that next one that is the fight.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get over it or quit.

first they came comes to mind, when the gubernment finally decides its time to deal with pesky christians you wont be saying that. thanks for letting us know what side you're on
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically you're saying that religious people can't do some jobs because of their religous beliefs.

An idea which would obviously violate various EEO regulations put forth by the feds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So if the sheriff decided not to issue carry permits because of his strong personal belief, you're okay with that?
View Quote

Please point out where in the Bill of Rights you are guaranteed the "right to Marry".

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I just want to say that watching the mental twists of people who purport to be conservative in order to justify destroying the rule of law is hilarious and a bit disturbing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Please point out where in the Bill of Rights you are guaranteed the "right to Marry".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10th amendment.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

first they came comes to mind, when the gubernment finally decides its time to deal with pesky christians you wont be saying that. thanks for letting us know what side you're on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get over it or quit.

Real lame ass remark. "What side your on". Durrrrrrr....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Get over it or quit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good.

why don't the gays just go to another county and get their license?
View Quote

Because they shouldn't have to.  This woman is required to follow the law. If she refuses to do it, the she should find something else to do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So basically you're saying that religious people can't do some jobs because of their religous beliefs.

An idea which would obviously violate various EEO regulations put forth by the feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  I am saying if she is truly a Christian woman and this is against her beliefs then she should quit.  Same as a Muslim being hired  as a farm hand on a pig farm and then claiming he can't be forced to do that job due to his religious beliefs.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top