User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050907/D8CFHNNO0.html

Well, they're not "heroes" yet, but it won't be long. You don't have to live like a refugee, but sometimes it ain't so bad.

Ok, let me get this straight.  You just lost all your worldly posessions.  You have no home, no clothes, no food, etc. and you think a $2000 debit card is like winning the lottery?

When was the last time you bought clothes, food, medicine, etc. for a family of 4?  $2000 won't make it 2 months.  

What makes you think they will buy clothes and food with it? Reality check!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess you really can't call it looting if the Federal Government takes it out of my pocket and hands it to someone else.  Damn sure feels like looting, though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The saddest part about all this is the liberal entitlement bullshit we've been raped for so long to support  has numbed us to the plight of people who truly do need a helping hand.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
the only people who should get the cards are arfcommers in NOLA!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050907/D8CFHNNO0.html

Well, they're not "heroes" yet, but it won't be long. You don't have to live like a refugee, but sometimes it ain't so bad.

Ok, let me get this straight.  You just lost all your worldly posessions.  You have no home, no clothes, no food, etc. and you think a $2000 debit card is like winning the lottery?

When was the last time you bought clothes, food, medicine, etc. for a family of 4?  $2000 won't make it 2 months.  

What kind of mature adult doesn't have a financial cushion

Or insurance.  Of course, the question is rhetorical.  We KNOW what kind.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The saddest part about all this is the liberal entitlement bullshit we've been raped for so long to support  has numbed us to the plight of people who truly do need a helping hand.

That is too bad, because as an idea, and for those who truly need it for a short term helping hand, these programs are actually good. Everyone, and if not everyone themselves, then at least someone they know may fall on really hard times, and a short term hand up to get them back on their feet and out of a jam is a really good thing.

Of course when it turns into a multi-generational way of life for certain people, and a great number of urban dwellers, it is bad.

Even so, there are people of the highest caliber and integrity, like our own LARifleman, who even though he lost his home, and had pages of offers of help from our own members, refused to take any easy way. He said to give the help to those who needed it more....

These are the true Americans, the ones deserving of all of our respect. It is this type of American that built this country into what it is today.

Then there are the other, others who believe they have a right to be provided for in all respects by the gov, these are the type that are superfulous and useless in our society. Sorry to say, but there are many who don't deserve to be saved or bailed out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i've noticed this in myself lately, but i still havent been able to shake it. unless the person is right in front of me or somehow connected to a friend, i dont have the compassion anymore. as bad as it may seem to some of you, i feel more for the pets, animals, and the environment, than for a majority of the NO people. most of those people chose their fate...with years of poor decision making. there might be some compassion for the kids of these people, but in some ways i  fear they are a loast cause as well.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is too bad, because as an idea, and for those who truly need it for a short term helping hand, these programs are actually good. Everyone, and if not everyone themselves, then at least someone they know may fall on really hard times, and a short term hand up to get them back on their feet and out of a jam is a really good thing.

Of course when it turns into a multi-generational way of life for certain people, and a great number of urban dwellers, it is bad.

Even so, there are people of the highest caliber and integrity, like our own LARifleman, who even though he lost his home, and had pages of offers of help from our own members, refused to take any easy way. He said to give the help to those who needed it more....

These are the true Americans, the ones deserving of all of our respect. It is this type of American that built this country into what it is today.

Then there are the other, others who believe they have a right to be provided for in all respects by the gov, these are the type that are superfulous and useless in our society. Sorry to say, but there are many who don't deserve to be saved or bailed out.

I think you misinterpretted what I meant.  I was not referring to these current folks (generally speaking) as ones who really need it.  What I meant was that there are people who do really need, and often deserve, a little help.  I don't mind spending my tax money to help someone TEMPORARILY as long as they earn that help, through action and conduct.

However, we have become so used to our money being wasted on people who expect it, and do not earn it or appreciate it, that we assume everyone is the same way.  I believe there peobably are people who truly got hit hard and deserve a little help recovering from this disaster.  However, I really have to force myself to believe that.  I assume, as most of us here do, that no one deserves the help.  It's only sad to me that the system that forces me to care, in the form of taking my money and giving it away, has made me NOT care about most of these people.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
And unlike the NYPD and the FDNY running into a building that was burning..the NOLA police ran out and away.

Protect and to serve...themselves.

There were'nt many heroes to be found in NOLA, until the Army came in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wonder if the debit cards are good for beer and cigs?

Invest in a liquor store,

and a cig store. Fleesing the sheep and the welfare whores for my tax money back.

Yeah baby!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've noticed this in myself lately, but i still havent been able to shake it. unless the person is right in front of me or somehow connected to a friend, i dont have the compassion anymore. as bad as it may seem to some of you, i feel more for the pets, animals, and the environment, than for a majority of the NO people. most of those people chose their fate...with years of poor decision making. there might be some compassion for the kids of these people, but in some ways i  fear they are a loast cause as well.  

You nailed my feelings, too.  I watched a little montage of coverage last night on CNN.  I was kinda blase about it until they showed some dogs that were left behind.  The narrator mentioned something about how "a little fuzzball, a wounded dog, crawled from beneath the rubble to get a drink", and they showed a photo.  Man, I almost lost it.  Then I realized that was the first time I really felt truly sorry for anyone in this deal.  I may have felt a little for some of the kids but not much.  That's how numb to these assholes I've become.

I even thought of taking the boat down there to try to rescue some animals but I realized I'd likely run into some of these idiots who're staying behind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]
The crack dealers will have to install credit card machines!

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Do any of you know anyone affected by this first hand or are you basing all your arguments on what you see on TV.  It seems that we all yell at the top of our lungs when the leftist gungrabbers paint us as psycho school-kid killing fanatics because of our love of black rifles, and yet you all turn around and paint with that same brush.

Look, I don't know how many of those people "deserve" anything.  I saw the same unacceptable behaviour and criminal acts as the rest of you and I am just as disgusted with it.  But I also know of several families (first hand) in our small community that have relatives now living with them because they have nothing left.  One friend of mine has her Mother, Father, Aunt, 2 dogs, a couple of cousins, brother and sister in law, now living with her in addition to her two kids.  They are all in a two bedroom condo.  

Here is a news flash for all of you.  Her parents are retired.  She doesn't know how long it will take to get their checks rerouted to their current location.  Her brother worked, sister-in-law worked, cousins worked, (I don't think the dogs worked).  Her brother can't wait to return and get back to work but He doesn't know how long it will be before they can return.  

And yes,  They had insurance.  As far as I know, there are no payments being made yet.  In their case, they don't even know what they have lost.  They haven't seen any of it since before the hurricane.

I am sure that they could use the $2000 wisely and it would help significantly in providing a stop gap until insurance payments come in.  All I was trying to say is $2000 is not a significant amount of money and not everyone that was affected by this hurricane was floating beer and jewelry down the flooded streets of NO in a garbage can.  In fact, I would guess the percentage of scum is not as high as many of you seem to want to believe.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't mind spending my tax money to help someone TEMPORARILY as long as they earn that help, through action and conduct.

This highlights precisely why the government should never have gotten in the business of providing such services.  As long as the government is involved it will be neither temporary nor discriminating toward those who truly deserve it.  In fact, they are guaranteed to be the opposite.

All such programs should be run ONLY by private charities.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you misinterpretted what I meant.  I was not referring to these current folks (generally speaking) as ones who really need it.  What I meant was that there are people who do really need, and often deserve, a little help.  I don't mind spending my tax money to help someone TEMPORARILY as long as they earn that help, through action and conduct.

However, we have become so used to our money being wasted on people who expect it, and do not earn it or appreciate it, that we assume everyone is the same way.  I believe there peobably are people who truly got hit hard and deserve a little help recovering from this disaster.  However, I really have to force myself to believe that.  I assume, as most of us here do, that no one deserves the help.  It's only sad to me that the system that forces me to care, in the form of taking my money and giving it away, has made me NOT care about most of these people.  

Oh, no, I understood perfectly. I was speaking in general terms too, not just in regards to the Katrina problem.

As you said, I have no problem with those who truly fall on hard times to be given a hand up....not a hand out. This includes Jatrina victims. Ones who truly appreciate the hand up, and will work hard to restore their lives, and then go on working and contributing to society.

The ones in this disaster I have no compassion for are those of the group that have become generational public teat suckers, those who bitch because the meals they are getting "Aren't good, or hot", those who blame the gov for their predicament, those not willing to do anything but wait for public assistance, those who contributed nothing to society before the storm, and who will contribute nothing to it after, those who think they "deserve" to be bailed out by the gov.....

I too, have no problem with my tax dollars helping those in need, as long as it is to help them get back on their feet, and not to provide a livelihood for them and their children in the future....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#16]
So...how much crack does 2k buy?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do any of you know anyone affected by this first hand or are you basing all your arguments on what you see on TV.  It seems that we all yell at the top of our lungs when the leftist gungrabbers paint us as psycho school-kid killing fanatics because of our love of black rifles, and yet you all turn around and paint with that same brush.

Look, I don't know how many of those people "deserve" anything.  I saw the same unacceptable behaviour and criminal acts as the rest of you and I am just as disgusted with it.  But I also know of several families (first hand) in our small community that have relatives now living with them because they have nothing left.  One friend of mine has her Mother, Father, Aunt, 2 dogs, a couple of cousins, brother and sister in law, now living with her in addition to her two kids.  They are all in a two bedroom condo.  

Here is a news flash for all of you.  Her parents are retired.  She doesn't know how long it will take to get their checks rerouted to their current location.  Her brother worked, sister-in-law worked, cousins worked, (I don't think the dogs worked).  Her brother can't wait to return and get back to work but He doesn't know how long it will be before they can return.  

And yes,  They had insurance.  As far as I know, there are no payments being made yet.  In their case, they don't even know what they have lost.  They haven't seen any of it since before the hurricane.

I am sure that they could use the $2000 wisely and it would help significantly in providing a stop gap until insurance payments come in.  All I was trying to say is $2000 is not a significant amount of money and not everyone that was affected by this hurricane was floating beer and jewelry down the flooded streets of NO in a garbage can.  In fact, I would guess the percentage of scum is not as high as many of you seem to want to believe.  

The people who will not blow the money on crap have not waited for the government to give them a handout.  There are stories of kids who have been in new schools here in Texas for several days.  There are people who relocated here (to Texas) already going to work at new jobs.  And I don't think anyone here presumes that there are absolutely no people who need help.  I think what we all refer to are exemplified by the 400+ pound women with 4 kids and gold teeth bitching that there aren't enough people volunteering their time and effort to make her comfortable in the shelter.  We're talking about the ones who bitch that their MRE (the only food they've had, presumably, in days) didn't taste good and was cold.  We're talking about the ones who wanted soda but only got water!!  That's the motherfu**ers I'd rather see abandoned before they ever spend a dime of my tax money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am sure your relatives and people like them are not who people are talking about. They worked, made their way by the sweat of their brow, contributed to this country by paying taxes, and other ways I am sure.

No, we (well, I anyway) are talking about those who chose to live their lives depending on the gov for everything, and are now pissed because they feel the gov wasn't quick enough to help.

I would never begrudge good and useful and contributing members of society being given a helping hand in times of need. But I would guess a fair amount of those left in NO are generational welfare recipients, who lived in subsidized housing, and ate subsidized food for most if not all of their lives. Can't say I have much compassion for them...sorry, all out of give a shit....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#19]
pzjgr, ArmedAggie,

I understand what you are saying.  All I was trying to say is there are people out there that really could use this help.  We have never been faced with a disaster of this magnitude.  Even those that took all the precautions and heeded all the warnings are now faced with trying to survive without any income.  It could be months before anyone sees any funds from insurance, etc.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, there are those among us who are inclined to judge an entire group of people by the actions of a small sample.  I guess I am naive to expect anything else.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
pzjgr, ArmedAggie,

I understand what you are saying.  All I was trying to say is there are people out there that really could use this help.  We have never been faced with a disaster of this magnitude.  Even those that took all the precautions and heeded all the warnings are now faced with trying to survive without any income.  It could be months before anyone sees any funds from insurance, etc.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, there are those among us who are inclined to judge an entire group of people by the actions of a small sample.  I guess I am naive to expect anything else.  

I never said we shouldn't help ANY of them, I just am not inclined to help the "we are entitled" crowd....So I don't believe I am judging the enire group, and neither is ArmedAggie...

I am loathe to see my tax dollars go to those who expect and demand them. I am loathe to see $2000 debit cards, paid for by my tax dollars, go to those who would spend them on twinkies and ripple....

Again, I have no problem with hard working good people who need a hand in their hour of need...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I just can't wait until one of them looks back a 9/11 and says "Hey, those folks got a lot of money from the government for every one in their family who died in that tragedy and this one is much worse.......I just want my fair share!!!"

Ed
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So...how much crack does 2k buy?

it could buy some kids toys or new clothes too.not everyone effected is a crackhead
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd go for it if they were required to pay it back or they received reduced services equal to the value that they spend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how much cash the addicts will sell the cards for.  Ten cents on the dollar, equals 200cash for a 2G card
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Do any of you know anyone affected by this first hand or are you basing all your arguments on what you see on TV.

TV

It seems that we all yell at the top of our lungs when the leftist gungrabbers paint us as psycho school-kid killing fanatics because of our love of black rifles, and yet you all turn around and paint with that same brush.

Hardly.
A matter of reality and proportion.

Look, I don't know how many of those people "deserve" anything.

I don't know how anyone can make a determination that any  of them deserve anything.
If my home is hit by a meteor, a tornado, burns to the fucking ground, then what am I going to get? Nothing, correct.  
Nor should I. That is what insurance is for.

No more fricking handouts. Enough of this shit already.

I saw the same unacceptable behaviour and criminal acts as the rest of you and I am just as disgusted with it.  But I also know of several families (first hand) in our small community that have relatives now living with them because they have nothing left.  One friend of mine has her Mother, Father, Aunt, 2 dogs, a couple of cousins, brother and sister in law, now living with her in addition to her two kids.  They are all in a two bedroom condo.

That is as it should be.

How is the fact that they left themselves in a pycheck to paycheck lifestyle MY FUCKING PROBLEM?????????

They'll get it. In the meantime it is sure a good idea to have some fallback cash.

Maybe, maybe not. People make a decision everyday about how they are going to act, how they ar eoging to live their lives, and how they want or allow their neighborhoods to be.

You are correct that $2000 is not all that much but with the numbers we are talking about it is an astronomical amount. Further, it is just the beginning and you know it as well as I do.

Now if the .gov wants to lend some of my hardearned money to these folks at 0% that is fine with me. If it is going to be another handout in addtion to what these people have alreday sucked off society than I have a big, BIG problem with it.
And the idea that only those with enough sense to pay for insurance should pay it back infuriates me in the extreme.

The fact that ANYONE is ignorant, stupid, lazy or just plain a loser shouldn't be my problem and I am tired of the .gov stealing from me to exert ever increasing power and forcing these losers problems on me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#26]
While I am it, how much do you think it cost all the rest of us to extract all these stupid fuckers from the predicament they left themselves in?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do any of you know anyone affected by this first hand or are you basing all your arguments on what you see on TV.

TV

The fact that ANYONE is ignorant, stupid, lazy or just plain a loser shouldn't be my problem and I am tired of the .gov stealing from me to exert ever increasing power and forcing these losers problems on me.

Ummm....you stole my post, dude.

I would only add "I'll give voluntarily till my family complains of hunger; take a nickel from me by force, and that's all you get."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Lawd , oh Lawd, hep me pleeze,    Opps , I meant .gov that I was shooting at...Pleeze hep me...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#29]
We're giving $2k to each of those losers? Oh man, do you know how much EXTRA WORK the rest of us have to do to pay for that? Didn't they buy insurance?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#30]
WTB  

Willing to give $200.00 cash for valid Government debit cards worth $2,000.00.  You can use the $200.00 cash for anything.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We're giving $2k to each of those losers? Oh man, do you know how much EXTRA WORK the rest of us have to do to pay for that? Didn't they buy insurance?[/quote]

Fox estimated that 35% to 50% had no home owners insurance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I can not believe how the people of South MS have been ignored . If it were not for the levee breaking and flooding N.O . Mississippi would be far worse than N.O. Many have died there . I have customers 12 to be exact I still have not been able to contact . I am going there next week if I can walk by then. I just had knee surgery and should be better next week. I was talking to my physical therapist this morning and he was there in Waveland MS at the Wal Mart early Tues. morning setting up to give medical attention . There was a horible smell coming from somewhere and went over to the tire department with Sheriff deputy and found at least 40 dead in the tire department . They drowned during the storm . I have heard nothing of that. MS has been forgotten for the most part .  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We're giving $2k to each of those losers? Oh man, do you know how much EXTRA WORK the rest of us have to do to pay for that? Didn't they buy insurance?

Going to be more like 50-100K/person.
That 2K is just the tip of the iceberg.

And that doesn't count the cost of getting gov't assistance in there.

Or the reubuilding.

Or the cost of the migrating crimewave coming with the NO scum.

Imagine the lawsuits coming. Courts are going to be backed up for years.

Our grandkids and greatgrandkids will still be paying for this debacle when they die and if may set us down a path to the earlier collapse of the American economy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#34]

My grandparents lost  everything in a flood in the Mississippi delta in the early 1900's.  
Where's their 2K??

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Will illegals that were in NO get a card too?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
liquor and tobacco stores are going to be rejoicing at the increase in sales

I have to admit that was my first, unfair in most cases, thought.

Then you should lock yerself!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
liquor and tobacco stores are going to be rejoicing at the increase in sales

+1 I'd feel a lot better if they could somehow limit the cards to essential items.

Even if they did, these people would simply buy the essential items, keep the receipt, and come back a day later and return it for cash.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow.  Just.....wow.  Fuck the cocksucking motherfuckers.  Bitching about the "subhuman" MRE's (which our soldiers eat daily), bitching about getting on a cruise ship, bitching that the help wasn't fast enough, good enough, etc.  Now this bullshit?  Where's the $2000 debit card for me?  I have a hemmorhoid, and it hurts - shouldn't Unca Shuga give me a handout?

I've said it before, I'll say it again - they should have put razor wire around the city and let it consume itself.  

THEY fucked up by not leaving.  THEY fucked up by not having insurance.  THEY fucked up by not even having the most basic preps like water, food, and some cash.  THEY fucked up by acting like animals.  

THEY can fucking burn in hell.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Wow.  Just.....wow.  Fuck the cocksucking motherfuckers.  Bitching about the "subhuman" MRE's (which our soldiers eat daily), bitching about getting on a cruise ship, bitching that the help wasn't fast enough, good enough, etc.  Now this bullshit?  Where's the $2000 debit card for me?  I have a hemmorhoid, and it hurts - shouldn't Unca Shuga give me a handout?

Hey Pete, I can I&D that thing for ya. It'll feel way better.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - they should have put razor wire around the city and let it consume itself.

I said blow the levees and MOAB.
Also said we will regret not doing so for a long time.

THEY fucked up by not leaving.  THEY fucked up by not having insurance.  THEY fucked up by not even having the most basic preps like water, food, and some cash.  THEY fucked up by acting like animals.  

In other words they are just plain fuck-ups.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'll be over in the morning.  I'll be bringing my bleeding asshole.  You can just cauterize it with a soldering iron if you want.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
BTW, I can understand the bitching about the MRE's. Where the Hell was the Surf and Turf? Afterall they're celebrities now.
It's all racism. White folks are staying at the Hilton, eating steak and lobster....everyone knows...

Problem is that those who don't sell their foodcard eat better than the rest of us.
I can't stand these fuckers anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be over in the morning.  I'll be bringing my bleeding asshole.  You can just cauterize it with a soldering iron if you want.

Soldering iron, hmmm?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Now is the time to invest in
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I shudder to think about all of the people who are going to get mugged/scammed for their cards.

Or better yet what's going to happen when we start hearing "My card was stolen-where's my new one?"

What's worse, you know that people will start to scream that two grand isn't enough. You can bet your ass that it won't stop at $2k

The New England ice storm cost me several thousand dollars to have a plumber dig up and repair the burst water supply line and pipes in my home. The city basically told me to fuck off, even though it was their pipe to begin with.

Where's my fucking debit card? Oh yeah, I don't qualify because I work two fucking jobs to make ends meet.

At 34 years old I'm becoming a very caustic and bitter person. Why the hell isn't there a viable Libertarian party in this country?

Part of me would like to just say "fuck it" sometimes, quit my job(s) and became a career welfare leech. Hell, I already have an excuse due to my severed achilles tendon. Why not exploit it for all it's worth?

Sorry for the rant, but goddammit this pisses me off.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What's worse, you know that people will start to scream that two grand isn't enough. You can bet your ass that it won't stop at $2k

Not even close.

At 34 years old I'm becoming a very caustic and bitter person.

"And because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold."

I don't often quote the Bible but this quote by Jesus about the time of the end has always stuck with me.

Why the hell isn't there a viable Libertarian party in this country?

Becuase they want to open the borders totally and let perverts do whatever they want.

Part of me would like to just say "fuck it" sometimes, quit my job(s) and became a career welfare leech. Hell, I already have an excuse due to my severed achilles tendon. Why not exploit it for all it's worth?

I hear ya but it would only debase and lower ourselves and that is why we don't. Won't.

Sorry for the rant, but goddammit this pisses me off.

Boy do you have a lot of company.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I dont know about this. Im sure many people will put it to good use and buy stuff they need. But of course this will be abuse. How many FEMA employees do you think pocketed a card? or gave some to their friends?

They should have used the money to buy stuff the people need. If they needed repairs on their homes, then FEMA can pay their contractor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have a problem with the Katrina "Heroes" getting the $2,000.00 cards.  They did it for the "Heroes" of the Florida hurricanes last year so it's only fair.    

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top