Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 120
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
so what's the new "reasonable" price of 855 now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The question assumes facts not in evidence.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Talking about it  on "The Five" right now.

And Juan Williams is a fucking moronic douche nozzle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea that was painful all around.

Has anyone asked how many officers have been shot with M855 yet? This is the justification everyone is using yet nobody has any numbers...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

online retailers that aren't CTD, that are actually getting it in stock
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I watched Gunbroker auctions all day and monitored selling prices closely. Every auction that had bids went between 79 and 98 cents a round -- until my auction came up around 4PM this afternoon. Mine was for a starting bid of 67 cents and didn't get a single bid! My first attempt at neckbearding was a complete and utter failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched Gunbroker auctions all day and monitored selling prices closely. Every auction that had bids went between 79 and 98 cents a round -- until my auction came up around 4PM this afternoon. Mine was for a starting bid of 67 cents and didn't get a single bid! My first attempt at neckbearding was a complete and utter failure.

Keep trying.  The panic appears to have spread to all .223/5.56 ammo.

My plan to sell baggies with ten rounds for $100 may not get many buyers.  No chili with beans trades either.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Has anyone asked how many officers have been shot with M855 yet? This is the justification everyone is using yet nobody has any numbers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been asked here, but I haven't seen an answer anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What's really bizarre is that auctions for the same number of rounds of the exact same stuff bid up way over my asking price both before and right after my auction ended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My plan to sell baggies with ten rounds for $100 may not get many buyers.  No chili with beans trades either.  

What's really bizarre is that auctions for the same number of rounds of the exact same stuff bid up way over my asking price both before and right after my auction ended.

I seriously doubt that Gunbroker is as sophisticated as eBay at catching stuff like that.  I would assume it's the same 'beard (or 'beard with 'beard friends) with multiple shill accounts bidding his own shit up and then simply not paying for it after the fact.

Also, I would test the waters with about 100 rounds starting at $0.01 and no reserve and see how that goes.

Do you have any feedback?  If you have 0 feedback that could also be working against you.

I've got 4k+ rounds (of quality Lake City purchased in 2009) ready to go if/when the price commands a rock steady $1+ per round.  $2+ per round would be preferrable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that Gunbroker is as sophisticated as eBay at catching stuff like that.  I would assume it's the same 'beard (or 'beard with 'beard friends) with multiple shill accounts bidding his own shit up and then simply not paying for it after the fact.

Also, I would test the waters with about 100 rounds starting at $0.01 and no reserve and see how that goes.

Do you have any feedback?  If you have 0 feedback that could also be working against you.

I've got 4k+ rounds (of quality Lake City purchased in 2009) ready to go if/when the price commands a rock steady $1+ per round.  $2+ per round would be preferrable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did that back when it first started.  Had 0 feedback (which could have played a small part) and listed 100 rounds of LC 2013 headstamped M855 on stripper clips.  Ended up getting $0.47 per round, which I guess wasn't too bad.  My guess is lots of shill bidders are helping the other auctions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I relisted the 600 rounds with a starting bid of $0.01 -- now watch it sell for $10.
View Quote

I am not an expert on that website but should you have a reserve (minimum winning bid)?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My auction was for 600 rounds. I've got five cases of the stuff on top of that, but am not really looking to part with it unless it's for a very equitable amount (like $1+). I just threw the 600 rounds on there yesterday just to see what happened, as I've never sold any ammo for profit before.

My feedback on there of 7 is paltry compared to my 100+ on here and eBay. But, I did sell a rifle for over $1400 on there a couple of weeks ago and that went great. I relisted the 600 rounds with a starting bid of $0.01 -- now watch it sell for $10.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My auction was for 600 rounds. I've got five cases of the stuff on top of that, but am not really looking to part with it unless it's for a very equitable amount (like $1+). I just threw the 600 rounds on there yesterday just to see what happened, as I've never sold any ammo for profit before.

My feedback on there of 7 is paltry compared to my 100+ on here and eBay. But, I did sell a rifle for over $1400 on there a couple of weeks ago and that went great. I relisted the 600 rounds with a starting bid of $0.01 -- now watch it sell for $10.

Low starting bids attract lots of buyers, who then bid up the price to stupid levels so they can "win" the auction.

I bet you do pretty well.  Take your winnings back to wal-mart, load up at $70/150 and do it again until wal-mart runs out or you start tripping on your ever-lengthening neckbeard

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Going to a WM that has two cases of AE XM855 in stock. 'Beard it?
$0.46 per round does not leave much room for profit though.

The other thing is that the manager told me that he was about to put it on the floor and is only holding one box for me.  So it will probably will be gone anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try cropping your dick out of the pictures. I noticed I got way more bids after I started doing that. Although the one really good customer stopped bidding entirely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Found some while cleaning out the bed of our farm truck.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So in other words, your Senator is telling you to 'go fuck yourself, peon!'.

Nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got this email....

"Dear <EDIT>,

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) proposal to ban certain types of SS109 and M855 cartridges. I appreciate your contacting me on this issue.

On February 13, 2015, ATF released a proposed framework that would ban ammunition made of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium that can be used in a handgun. In addition to reclassifying these popular kinds of ammunition as "armor piercing," the framework also provides guidance as to what ammunition is "primarily intended for sporting purposes," in accordance with the Gun Control Act of 1968. I encourage you to share your thoughts directly with ATF so that they may also benefit from your views as they formulate a final proposal.

ATF has assured me that they will carefully consider all comments received on or before March 16, 2015. You may submit your comments in one of the following ways:

Email: [email protected].

Fax: (202) 648-9741.

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602

Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226

ATTN:  AP Ammo Comments

Again, thank you for contacting me. I will keep your opinion in mind should the Senate address this issue or other relevant legislation. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://warner.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator"

Nice.

ACTUALLY, he's telling you TWO things.... 1) comment directly to BATFE so it's on record with them (no "Nobody complained" stuff later), and 2) I called and spoke to someone so they KNOW people are complaining to US, and we don't like that. Learn to read political....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/27/lawmakers-wont-be-silenced-over-obama-administration-proposed-ammo-ban/
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

.60 to .70 per round is the going rate on GB.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"4. The ammunition must be designed and intended for use in a handgun. "

5.56 NATO/.223 Remington was never designed and intended to be used in a handgun.
View Quote

Yea, you really think the ATF read that?

No, it just skimmed right over that part.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Fox News is going to talk about it after the commercial break right now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Something hokey is going on. Why is there over $1000 difference between two identical auctions ending minutes apart?

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Gunbroker_2000.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Something hokey is going on. Why is there over $1000 difference between two identical auctions ending minutes apart?

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Gunbroker_2000.jpg

There might be sellers jacking up the price with fake bids.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice.

Doesn't matter.  Start emailing, faxing, what the fuck ever to your congress critter.  Hold there feet to the fire!

I'm telling you now.  If we don't draw the line here, we won't ever.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Call your Congressmen even if they are anti-gun.

Here's why: Even the gun grabbers can be useful to us. If they get enough calls, they will call their buddies at the BATFE to give them a heads up that this is becoming a big deal... Which still helps us, by making those fuckers nervous.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Here's why: Even the gun grabbers can be useful to us. If they get enough calls, they will call their buddies at the BATFE to give them a heads up that this is becoming a big deal... Which still helps us, by making those fuckers nervous.
View Quote

Not only make them nervous.  Make them start peeing themselves.  Even if a little.  Make them have there come to jesus moment.  I really want to see somebody at DU say holy shit we fucked up.  This is what they should be thinking every fucking time they think of fucking with us.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Already over $1 a round and a few minutes still left on the clock:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470559408

And here I got stuck with a "no sale" at 67 cents. LOL!
View Quote

I put some up tonight too. Can't seem to find the listing on the search function.

Hoping for $0.75 per round.  I am going go to auction a 420 round can tomorrow. This should pay for the ZQ1 I bought this week.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not only make them nervous.  Make them start peeing themselves.  Even if a little.  Make them have there come to jesus moment.  I really want to see somebody at DU say holy shit we fucked up.  This is what they should be thinking every fucking time they think of fucking with us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be honest, I am surprised people are selling this stuff at this point.  People are getting what....$1 per round now right?

When this gets banned there will be NO MORE EVER.  What do you think this stuff will be worth in 5 or 10 years?  It will likely by unobtainium and you WILL see prices in several dollars per round range.  Don't believe me?  Who would have thought that pre-1986 machine guns would be going for $20K today.

For the $500 in profit you make today you are giving up thousands of dollars in the future.

I personally don't own any m855 but if I did I would sit on it for a decade and the sell it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll be honest, I am surprised people are selling this stuff at this point.  People are getting what....$1 per round now right?

When this gets banned there will be NO MORE EVER.  What do you think this stuff will be worth in 5 or 10 years?  It will likely by unobtainium and you WILL see prices in several dollars per round range.  Don't believe me?  Who would have thought that pre-1986 machine guns would be going for $20K today.

For the $500 in profit you make today you are giving up thousands of dollars in the future.

I personally don't own any m855 but if I did I would sit on it for a decade and the sell it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Illegal to buy, sell, and manufacture more than likely.

So it will cost 10 years, $250k, and 1 dog.....amirite?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#39]
How about 300 rounds for $600?  

http://www.bismanonline.com/bismarck_nd/m855_5_56_ammo
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Illegal to buy, sell, and manufacture more than likely.   So it will cost 10 years, $250k, and 1 dog.....amirite?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Illegal to buy, sell, and manufacture more than likely.   So it will cost 10 years, $250k, and 1 dog.....amirite?

Regular folks can still buy and sell. Dealers and manufactures can't.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is one of the things that need to be clarified.  A lot of the people here, who have no weight, have said they think it only pertains to manufacturers and businesses and not individuals.  Don't really care what people THINK.   Clarification is one of the things they are seeking and how to implement.  They don't give two fucks if you want it banned or not
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Regur folks can still buy and sell. Dealers and manufactures can't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regur folks can still buy and sell. Dealers and manufactures can't.

show me where this is 100% clarified.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Dude, did you actually read the fucking 17 page ATF Document?  Well I did and it this proposed reg doesn't apply to transfers among civilians.  I am on an iPhone now so I can't copy paste the section in here but if I get a minute I will.  Not to say they can't change that in the future.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dude, did you actually read fucking the 17 page ATF Document?  Well I did and it is in there.  I am on an iPhone now so I can't copy paste the section in here but if I get a minute I will.  It is crystal that under proposed rule you can't manufacure or distribute to civilians only.  It still allows for private transfers.  Not to say they can't change that in the future.
View Quote

If someone can site this please show me.  Ive tried to read it and it keeps fucking up my computer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#46]

No fuckin way - why would anyone buy that when there are plenty for less ???

M4 you got a link to your ad ? My max bid ... $10.00
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#48]

show me where this is 100% clarified.
View Quote

ATF proposal, page 15, second to last paragraph.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just search for his username, I just placed my bid where it would be .40/rd shipped, someones auto-bid beat me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe because it's not very good ammo.  Lousy at being armor piercing,  I'd rather buy good ammo.
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top