BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Weird, isn't it?  PPQ has been out for a while, hardly hear anything about it.  VP9 is out, everyone is going ape shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Came to post about the PPQ....The VP9 is nice to shoot, no doubt, but the PPQ was firstest with the bestest....
At least with all the press about the VP9 and subsequent comments comparing it to the PPQ, people might try the Walther and finally realize how great the PPQ is.

Weird, isn't it?  PPQ has been out for a while, hardly hear anything about it.  VP9 is out, everyone is going ape shit.

Because Walther's support and marketing for the PP has been crap. HK sells and supports guns with a lever magazine release. Walther, who stumbled through mediocre support from S&W as their importer, into no support when they imported the PPQ themselves, decided the problem wasn't lack of aftermarket holsters or sights or support, but the problem was the mag release. We bought the VP9 because I honestly expect better support from HK and for HK to release a VP9c long before Walther releases a PPQc with lever magazine release.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's nice. But the Walther PPQ M2 is moar betterer.

I played with both and bought the Walther PPQ.  The Walther trigger is unquestionably better and the grip was also better in my hands.  That said, HK has seemingly produced a fine weapon with their newest 9mm and I do not rule out buying one in the future.  

Came to post about the PPQ....The VP9 is nice to shoot, no doubt, but the PPQ was firstest with the bestest....

At least with all the press about the VP9 and subsequent comments comparing it to the PPQ, people might try the Walther and finally realize how great the PPQ is.

I think this has a lot to do with HKs reputation at a Glock price.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
See, this is why I can't stay out of these threads, and why the label of "glock fanboy" is meaningless.
Like the majority of other glock shooters, I don't care what pistol you shoot.  Everyone has their own personal preference. I happen to like glocks.  I shoot them in competition, and I shoot them well.  USPSA, IDPA, GSSF, you name it.   I also shoot 1911's and revolvers, and I do well with them too.  It's just a matter of putting in the time to develop your skill with whatever you want to master.
The problem is most people can't just say that they don't like glocks.  They have to imply that somehow there is some kind of flaw inherent in the glock design that prevents them from being shot well.  Because it couldn't possible be THEM.
This is what drives me (and most people who will be labeled "fanboys") batshit.
Take this thread for example.  An admitted HK enthusiast, after 25 years, cannot even apply the absolute basic fundamentals in marksmanship with the world's most prolific pistol.  
Now, if he'd said "My Bill Drills cluster low and left at top speed with glocks" I'd have no problem with that.  Or "the angle of the grip causes my sights to track way to the right, adding .05 to my splits" I'd have no problem with that either.   Because then he would obviously be someone who has put in the time to have a strong understanding of pistolcraft, and simply preferred something else.
But the complaint here is akin to saying "My AR shoots consistently to the left out of the box.  My other rifle shot OK without having to do a thing to it, so there must be something wrong with this design. Fuck AR15's!"   This is pretty basic stuff here.
And then, they have the sheer gall to imply that their naivete qualifies them to spew qualified opinions, and that buying some kind of gimmick or overpriced solution is a mark of their superiority as a shooter, instead of the embarrassing crutch that it is.    Now THEY are somehow right, and thousands upon thousands of shooters better than them are wrong.  
"Time to pony up and buy a real gun."
So after 25 years, the OP finds a pistol that suits his undeveloped idiosyncrasies to a T.  Good for him.  We should all be so lucky.   If he'd bothered to buy a few books on dry fire and spend a few hours a week in his basement, he might have gotten there 24 years and six months earlier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn you people; I'm looking for reasons NOT to buy one
Do it. You could be the first person to make one fail in the FEMA swamp.  

CWOCK FTW.
The VP9 creates more problems than it solves compared to a G19.

It's larger, it's more expensive, the sights still need to be replaced anyhow, mags are the same capacity, yet physically larger for some reason, the mags are also a lot more expensive, Magpul's not making mags for the VP9, you lose holster options...
But you get a better trigger and a cushy grip.  Eh.
Phooey.    
New gun = no holsters like all new guns
Compare it to a G17. Not a 19. I never load my Goock mags more than 15 anyways. Dam plastic mags warp at full capacity.  I can't tell you how sometimes a glock mag on a hot day will not fall freely after heat expands it.
Like Glock sights are good? They suck balls and almost all who have glocks replace them. Your argument really sucks and really no,argument fan boy.
I paid $38 for a glock mag. I can get VP mags or P30 mags for about 42$. Not much difference and it's a real metal mag. Maybe that's why they cost more.
Glocks suck. Sorry. I feel like for many, we had lived with shit, fooled by Gaston and the "perfection" stubborn bullshit they kept telling us as consumers. Face it. Glocks lack big time for a modern weapon. Time to pony up and buy a real gun.

See, this is why I can't stay out of these threads, and why the label of "glock fanboy" is meaningless.
Like the majority of other glock shooters, I don't care what pistol you shoot.  Everyone has their own personal preference. I happen to like glocks.  I shoot them in competition, and I shoot them well.  USPSA, IDPA, GSSF, you name it.   I also shoot 1911's and revolvers, and I do well with them too.  It's just a matter of putting in the time to develop your skill with whatever you want to master.
The problem is most people can't just say that they don't like glocks.  They have to imply that somehow there is some kind of flaw inherent in the glock design that prevents them from being shot well.  Because it couldn't possible be THEM.
This is what drives me (and most people who will be labeled "fanboys") batshit.
Take this thread for example.  An admitted HK enthusiast, after 25 years, cannot even apply the absolute basic fundamentals in marksmanship with the world's most prolific pistol.  
Now, if he'd said "My Bill Drills cluster low and left at top speed with glocks" I'd have no problem with that.  Or "the angle of the grip causes my sights to track way to the right, adding .05 to my splits" I'd have no problem with that either.   Because then he would obviously be someone who has put in the time to have a strong understanding of pistolcraft, and simply preferred something else.
But the complaint here is akin to saying "My AR shoots consistently to the left out of the box.  My other rifle shot OK without having to do a thing to it, so there must be something wrong with this design. Fuck AR15's!"   This is pretty basic stuff here.
And then, they have the sheer gall to imply that their naivete qualifies them to spew qualified opinions, and that buying some kind of gimmick or overpriced solution is a mark of their superiority as a shooter, instead of the embarrassing crutch that it is.    Now THEY are somehow right, and thousands upon thousands of shooters better than them are wrong.  
"Time to pony up and buy a real gun."
So after 25 years, the OP finds a pistol that suits his undeveloped idiosyncrasies to a T.  Good for him.  We should all be so lucky.   If he'd bothered to buy a few books on dry fire and spend a few hours a week in his basement, he might have gotten there 24 years and six months earlier.
You are about 90% correct... But to assert that all anyone needs is more trigger time to correct ones faults in trigger discipline is incorrect.. To start with a pistol which has a better POI for Thier grip is starting ahead of the game.   This idea of all you have to do is train more is a crock..which is blasphemy to those who shoot all the time and rightly so hear me out. ,
as a metaphor if one was to take a self defense course and one teacher is training to the persons weaknesses so after their class they are ahead of the game, meaning they now have a basic defence that works with their strengths and weaknesses.

Now the other teacher teaches techniques that are more advanced and need to be practiced more often befor they are applicable to that person but in the long run are better then the first teacher..

Now if this student was put in a situation where they had to defend themselves the next day who is better prepared?...

.now one could argue that if the student trained the more advanced techniques and had to defend himself weeks latter he would have the greater advantage,..I would ask how much better would the first student be if he trained just as hard?

Bottom line if you train enough you could shoot a pistol better upside down then right side up...but your still better off starting right side up.

Sorry for the wall of text..I tried voice recognition didn't work so well.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, I had a chance to pick one of these up for $525 a while back.

It sounds like I should have. I HAD spent a LOT of firearms, ammo, and related accessories during the fall, though and I thought I might wait a while on another pistol.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top