BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it only takes most people, not all people to make society work.  If one is too much of a trouble to a community, they will get run off or whatever.

Probably the closest thing to an anarchic community I can think of is 17-18th centruy frontier america.  A post enlightenment western anglo culture that valued personal responsibility/liberty and  a relatively advanced economy w/ division of labor and a belief in the superiority of trade and the immorality of theft.  Sure there was colonial government, but not so much in the frontiers.  There was some circuit judges and a sherrif, but NO police, deputies ONLY temporarily on an as needed basis to deal w/ rustlers or Indian depredations.  Men never had to be pressed into service to form a possee.  Sure some were slackers, but most valued their reputation their community and their interests to be willing to mount up.  

Discipline is key, admittedly.  It must be part of the community's tradition  have any hope of defeating a professional force.  

yes, there weren't any "public police" until the middle of the 19th centruy.  Boston was first, sadly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And there are also followers whose attitudes and lack of discipline can get an entire unit -or community- killed.  Have you ever seen communities where some people do not act in ways that furthers the common interests?  

it only takes most people, not all people to make society work.  If one is too much of a trouble to a community, they will get run off or whatever.

Probably the closest thing to an anarchic community I can think of is 17-18th centruy frontier america.  A post enlightenment western anglo culture that valued personal responsibility/liberty and  a relatively advanced economy w/ division of labor and a belief in the superiority of trade and the immorality of theft.  Sure there was colonial government, but not so much in the frontiers.  There was some circuit judges and a sherrif, but NO police, deputies ONLY temporarily on an as needed basis to deal w/ rustlers or Indian depredations.  Men never had to be pressed into service to form a possee.  Sure some were slackers, but most valued their reputation their community and their interests to be willing to mount up.  

Discipline is key, admittedly.  It must be part of the community's tradition  have any hope of defeating a professional force.  

yes, there weren't any "public police" until the middle of the 19th centruy.  Boston was first, sadly.

And who's going to run them off then?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there are also followers whose attitudes and lack of discipline can get an entire unit -or community- killed.  Have you ever seen communities where some people do not act in ways that furthers the common interests?  

We're talking about defending against and organized and disciplined foe, not just living down the street.

That world no longer exists.  Won't ever again, either.

Such traditions of discipline and self reliance are a part of a more socially conservative agenda.  Most skinnies frown upon tradition and discipline.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a handful of the community's upstanding citizens who are tired of the shenanigans.  

I was reading something about psychopathy once.  Something about how the Eskimos have a word for a guy who is always slacking off, stealing stuff, being a dick, trying to assault women.  When asked how they deal with that problem, an Eskimo told the author that they basically take the guy out on the fishing trip, and push him off the iceberg.  

ultimately, if someone can't get along, they get moved along, get killed in the act, or they have an accident or whatever.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Such traditions of discipline and self reliance are a part of a more socially conservative agenda.  Most skinnies frown upon tradition and discipline.
View Quote

I guess by skinnies you mean libertarians or anarchists/voluntarists?  

It is for damn sure, that for a civilization to be such, it needs rules, common values, customs, manners, protocols I would say MORE than government.  Most of our society runs by  these rules most of the time w/o resorting  to violence.  W/o those the only hope for things NOT to be chaos is a leviathan who can hold everyone in awe.  (I can appreciate how hobbes came to that conclusion after living through the civil war where people hadn't agreed to just disagree about religion yet.)  

Anyway, there is this notion that libertarians etc are anti-social, rude, radical or something.  Perhaps it is well deserved, or it is just propaganda, I'm not sure.  Since most people do not identify themselves as libertarians, obviously whomever I know that self identify is not a representative sample.   Though that self identification is on the increase lately along w/ the popularization of the concept of constitutionalism (finally).  Please just understand that libertarianism is not a repudiation of traditional social values morals or manners.  Libertarian/Anarchist thinkers understand well that a society w/ less/no government needs that foundation of values all the more.  The argument is merely that violence and theft is bad and that this group of men we call "government" either should do it as little as possible or not at all.  I guess there are some "libertarians," like Bill Mahr, who just want license to do drugs, fuck & abort etc w/o being hassled.   I think most understand that civilization, government or not, stands or falls based on whether:
1. most children are raised by their parents who love each other
2. most people are responsible for themselves, industrious, honorable, and have a sense of responsibility for their community.
3. people are polite and  thoughtful etc.

Libertarians/Anarchists understand that trying to use force to impose those things is counterproductive and/or immoral.

Certainly, so long as there is a government there to insulate us from the consequences of our irresponsible behavior, people we be thus, and a positive feedback loop of irresponsibility and using government power to compensate for that will lead to a larger state and less freedom till it collapses under its own weight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't seem very Libertarian old boy.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Uh, the videos don't work ... so whatever it is y'all are cussing and discussing about ...
View Quote

I can summarize...

There is a female who read libertarian sounding opinions from a script, on YouTube.  These opinions closely matched those of the many Libertarian basement dwellers.

This then led many of those Libertarian basement dwellers to believe that somewhere out there, there might be a female who would look beyond their pimply, basement-dwelling, bloated nerdiness, and give them the time of day.  
It gives them hope.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]
All the whore jokes aside. American Patriots need people like this who are not afraid to get the message out. Leave it to the Left to disparage them. Lets not do that ourselves.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can summarize...

There is a female who read libertarian sounding opinions from a script, on YouTube.  These opinions closely matched those of the many Libertarian basement dwellers.

This then led many of those Libertarian basement dwellers to believe that somewhere out there, there might be a female who would look beyond their pimply, basement-dwelling, bloated nerdiness, and give them the time of day.  
It gives them hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, the videos don't work ... so whatever it is y'all are cussing and discussing about ...

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.

Don't forget that they have also summarised that the ATF would never set up a sting operation on youtube.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Are you talking about these videos?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

how about from the site?

http://www.josietheoutlaw.com/
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
a handful of the community's upstanding citizens who are tired of the shenanigans.  

I was reading something about psychopathy once.  Something about how the Eskimos have a word for a guy who is always slacking off, stealing stuff, being a dick, trying to assault women.  When asked how they deal with that problem, an Eskimo told the author that they basically take the guy out on the fishing trip, and push him off the iceberg.  

ultimately, if someone can't get along, they get moved along, get killed in the act, or they have an accident or whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't sound very non-aggressinon principled to me.

It almost sounds like a body of people making rules which govern the larger community. Almost like... a government.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Such traditions of discipline and self reliance are a part of a more socially conservative agenda. Most skinnies frown upon tradition and discipline.
View Quote

Well then FUCK THEM because I would consider it a fucking GODSEND if we had an experienced military person to guide us in a SHTF situation, etc.

I guess the rest of us would just have to tell the skinnies to STFU and listen.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well then FUCK THEM because I would consider it a fucking GODSEND if we had an experienced military person to guide us in a SHTF situation, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Such traditions of discipline and self reliance are a part of a more socially conservative agenda. Most skinnies frown upon tradition and discipline.

But that's hierarchical and statist.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But that's hierarchical and statist.

View Quote

Heck, I don't care if it is feudalism!!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Hey! I took the walking dead tour in atlanta and got to see this set among others for the hunger games that day. They filmed about 10 minutes worth of stuff in places that I instantly recognized, pretty cool. My wife even has a few pieces of coal from district 12. They used real coal, which was nuts since you don't even see it in the movie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.

Who's the dishonest one now?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.

The skinnies who pretend it's not true?

Don't dash their hopes.  It's all they have....

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.

Project much statist?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
She is spot on in her videos.

To bad most of arfcom still thinks we can save the country by electing this or that guy.
View Quote

Interesting position.   Maybe you should start a thread, with a poll, and see if your supposition is true?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah....not to be rude but uhhh...my dream girl isn't 30lbs overweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dream girl
You guys need to get out more or get your eyes checked, maybe both.

Yeah....not to be rude but uhhh...my dream girl isn't 30lbs overweight.

So your dream girl is based solely on looks then....    A lot of depth there!!  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Project much statist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can summarize...

It gives them hope.

Project much statist?

I never project much statist.  I DO tend to project a sense of brooding Irish mirth, and occasionally an energetic over-confidence.

Or are you referring to "PROJECT MUCH STATIST"?  

But that's still all very hush-hush (FEMA trains/camps/coffins).

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I never project much statist.  I DO tend to project a sense of brooding Irish mirth, and occasionally an energetic over-confidence.

View Quote

Whats your beef with Libertarians?  Your wife leave you for one?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes no sense, whatsoever; my wife is a beautiful woman with extremely high standards.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That makes no sense, whatsoever; my wife is a beautiful woman with extremely high standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats she doing with you then?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never project much statist. I DO tend to project a sense of brooding Irish mirth, and occasionally an energetic over-confidence.

Whats your beef with Libertarians? Your wife leave you for one?

LMAO-he's WAY out of his depth!

Just keep leading him along though, Cincy. This is quite amusing.

Nick
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top