BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
So, Weaver is a good shooting position to know and practice for good close retention?  If you're in an ultra crowded room with a lot of no-shoot targets and unknown locations of your targets probably best to go into a Weaver if you're taking aimed shots, but as you move probably best to shoot from a close retention point shoot with the support arm free to block grabs, make strikes, and create distance so you can come up to a Weaver?

Or is a compressed isosceles better than the Weaver?  

The thing I worry about with the support hand strikes to create distance is the support hand and arm sweeping my muzzle either by my movement or caused by the interaction with the bad guy.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, Weaver is a good shooting position to know and practice for good close retention?  
If you're in an ultra crowded room with a lot of no-shoot targets and unknown locations of your targets probably best to go into a Weaver if you're taking aimed shots, but as you move probably best to shoot from a close retention point shoot with the support arm free to block grabs, make strikes, and create distance so you can come up to a Weaver?

The thing I worry about with the support hand strikes to create distance is the support hand and arm sweeping my muzzle either by my movement or caused by the interaction with the bad guy.

View Quote

I try to avoid getting into gunfights against multiple unknown assassins in crowded subway cars.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, Weaver is a good shooting position to know and practice for good close retention?  If you're in an ultra crowded room with a lot of no-shoot targets and unknown locations of your targets probably best to go into a Weaver if you're taking aimed shots, but as you move probably best to shoot from a close retention point shoot with the support arm free to block grabs, make strikes, and create distance so you can come up to a Weaver?

View Quote

I'd love to spend an hour with you at my range, man.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Pretty close.

CAR is old now. It started showing up around 05', and like any cool new dance move, some of the kids just had to proclaim it as the "next new best technique".

Some good points, some bad, depending on when and how utilized, like everything else.

It has been largely ignored for a reason though, and not because it looks 'Tarded.

View Quote
Yep , think it is even older than that remember seeing a couple articles from some Brit SAS guy pimping it pre internet age

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I try to avoid getting into gunfights against multiple unknown assassins in crowded subway cars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, Weaver is a good shooting position to know and practice for good close retention?  
If you're in an ultra crowded room with a lot of no-shoot targets and unknown locations of your targets probably best to go into a Weaver if you're taking aimed shots, but as you move probably best to shoot from a close retention point shoot with the support arm free to block grabs, make strikes, and create distance so you can come up to a Weaver?

Pull the emergency stop thingy and then 360-no-scope. That always fucks them up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
This all just looks like ridiculously lame "gun kata".

Our old timers probably thought blading at 45° was really cool, too.

Whatever, just another dumb shooter for dumb high-schoolers and basement ninjas to call "realistic" and "action-packed".

The scene the OP posted looks like Neo is genuinely bored and knows this is all crap
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Could learning to shoot from some of those positions be beneficial in case you get stuck in some awkward angle in a gun fight? Sure. Its possible.

But basing an entire shooting system off of awkward body angles that greatly increase your chances of receiving a lethal wound is .

Blading is out dated Just about all soldiers/LEO's are wearing body armor and an increasing number of civilians have it as well. Why anyone would focus on a shooting system that minimalizes the stronger part of your armor and maximizes your weak side facing the threat is retarded.

Anyone who hunts big game knows that broadside shot is what you want because of the goodies it exposes... Now why allow yourself to be shot broadside. Bodyarmor or no you stand a higher chance of surviving a gunshot wound if you are square with the threat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#9]
No...just...no.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
He shot 8 people in 28 seconds, and moved like Andre the Giant while doing it.
I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait, so you guys aren't going to go see a movie because it doesn't preach the "proper" fighting methods? You do realize it's a movie right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy fucking shit.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Watched that movie "John Wick" and it had some great action scenes. I noticed the main character using some Center Axis Relock shooting techniques and it's peaked my curiosity.  I've heard of it before and seen it with the video game "Splinter Cell," but I've never taken it seriously at all.  

Has anyone here taken a Center Axis Relock course?

If so, what was your opinion of it and did you take anything useful away from it? I don't think I'd adopt every aspect of the doctrine, but was wondering whether a few things they teach might be useful.

Here is one of the scenes.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPagmeLm-g
View Quote

He shoots a lot of guys multiple times.  In most movies, handgun bullets make bad guys fly.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top