BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I played ball.  It was fun.  Girls, parties, road trips, coach that got us out of detention.  In the end, many of my teammates would have been better off studying so that they didn't end up in menial jobs.  Breaking my arm was a blessing in disguise.

Funny that you illustrate my point though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

America would be a better place without the bread and circus of Football.  

It's not difficult to surmise what your high school experience was like.

http://abetteruserexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jock_nerd.jpg

I played ball.  It was fun.  Girls, parties, road trips, coach that got us out of detention.  In the end, many of my teammates would have been better off studying so that they didn't end up in menial jobs.  Breaking my arm was a blessing in disguise.

Sure.  Maybe on the third string that only saw action in blowouts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They should have bulldozed the stadium.

The fact that they did not paint over JoePedo's mural tells me they still support the single man who could have put a stop to child rape but did nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should have bulldozed the stadium.

The fact that they did not paint over JoePedo's mural tells me they still support the single man who could have put a stop to child rape but did nothing.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1000467.1325631748!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/pedobear4n-1-web.jpg?enlarged

Agreed but he wasn't the only guy. The person who saw it should have gone to the police.   If I saw someone murdered at work I might mention it to the boss but I'd call 911.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That program should've been burned to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No he got banned over the infamous Bama "oh well" thing.

Ive seen him post on another board but have no idea if hes here on another account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
thankfully InfiniteGrim isn't here to defend them

he is he just has a new member name. i think he just forgot his old password.

No he got banned over the infamous Bama "oh well" thing.

Ive seen him post on another board but have no idea if hes here on another account.

???
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]
That's one movie I have zero interest in watching.

Who gives a fuck what a bunch of fanatics think of their tainted football coach.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck what a bunch of fanatics think of their tainted football coach.

View Quote

Think of it as an analogy. Football is America. Joe Paterno is big government. Jerry Sandusky is the bureaucracy/ political elite. The fans (and the victims) are us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Think of it as an analogy. Football is America. Joe Paterno is big government. Jerry Sandusky is the bureaucracy/ political elite. The fans (and the victims) are us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that fits.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What is that going to accomplish?  There were some sick individuals, that did sick shit, and the paid the price.  

What is giving them the proverbial death penalty going to accomplish?  Other than feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The program needed to be trashed. The big money talked and of course all is forgiven. The trash that ran the program and covered up the pathetic behavior all needed to be put in prison. The fans who support them are sick. They are willing to overlook anything to keep their almighty pathetic football program.'

I am sure many on here support them and wanted to see the sanctions, etc lifted. You are as pathetic and sick as the trash that committed the crime

What is that going to accomplish?  There were some sick individuals, that did sick shit, and the paid the price.  

What is giving them the proverbial death penalty going to accomplish?  Other than feels.

When we give a thug the death penalty he never kills again.   Right now there's an open throne for the next ugly little football king to mount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The program needed to be trashed. The big money talked and of course all is forgiven. The trash that ran the program and covered up the pathetic behavior all needed to be put in prison. The fans who support them are sick. They are willing to overlook anything to keep their almighty pathetic football program.'

I am sure many on here support them and wanted to see the sanctions, etc lifted. You are as pathetic and sick as the trash that committed the crime

It is instructive to other coaches running other programs that some things will not be tolerated.

Sadly, that example was not made in this case.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#13]

[/end thread]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Watching "Happy Valley" on netflix.

Fucking pathetic penn state fans.  Sickening.

http://i61.tinypic.com/30uwuqb.jpg
View Quote

I've never understood the rabid fanaticism some people have for sports teams.

"We won!"  "We lost."  "We went all the way this year."

No you didn't, some highly paid professionals or coddled collage students won--you just sat on your ass and watched.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As far as I remember the NCAA doesn't actually have rules for that sort of thing. If anything I think it would be misconduct thing in regard to the contract with the school. On the other hand it is very much against the rules to pay players in any way. The only reason SMU received the death penalty was because they were caught doing it multiple times. The NCAA had no business in what happened at Penn State and admitted that when they lifted the penalties.
View Quote

Seems like "Don't rape little boys and don't aid and abed those that do" ought to be an unwritten rule.  You know, something that is just assumed in a decent society,

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you willing to send  your son to a Penn St football camp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP can get fucked

Is that a shower invite?

Is that a joke about child rape?

Are you willing to send  your son to a Penn St football camp?

My 14 year old son goes to the PSU hockey camp.  I joke around with him to watch out for Sandusky in the showers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think that fits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that fits.

Sure it does. Joe Paterno was the face, the machine of Penn State football. Charismatic. In the driver's seat. The ideal  of collegiate football coach. Representative of collegiate football success. America. Kinda Obama like in certain football circles. A persona encompassing an idea. Like Obama.

Jerry Sandusky the right hand of Joe. Could substitute Lois Lerner. Or Katherine Sebilius. Carol Browner. Anita Dunn. John Holdren. Tom Perez. Kevin Jennings. Samantha Power. Hillary Clinton. All subordinates doing their own thing. Empowered by the face of football. Not bound by rules or  laws. Pushing the edge to get things their way. Getting it done under the wing and protection of Big Joe (government). Screwing a targeted group. Here and there. Keeping it buried. Controlling that narrative. Knowing what's going on but it was acceptable because...America. The price for winning. Of taking the program in a certain direction.

With pervs and subversives as subordinates.

It's a choice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What is that?
View All Quotes

Vintage Avon first down football soap on a...string?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#22]
The people who covered it up are either dead or in prison.  I'm sure there are some who were part of it in some way; maybe knew and said nothing and didn't face penalties.

There will always be two extremes.  Some feel (notice I said feel) that Happy Valley should be fenced off and nuked so that nature can reclaim it and the memory of what happened there should be continually played across the nation day in and day out in an effort to show the penalties for.  Your organization and everything it might have stood for good or bad was erased because of this.  No institutional corruption of any type, turning the other way, etc. can stand in this world.  

Then there are those who feel it was all a conspiracy.  They can't believe that the legendary Joe PA failed at anything and didn't save the day.  They feel that this was a smear campaign to get rid of a legend who really should have retired but after all, it's Joe PA!  There's no way man!  They are like the 9/11 truthers who simply cannot accept that things happened the way they did because it affects some personal view of theirs or belief or even their own self worth.

I'm not sure what additional punishment to Penn State would be appropriate.  Find those who allowed it and punish them.  Sandusky was easy, the others were fairly clear once the investigation occurred.  Give help and counseling to the victims (which really is nothing in the long run), and create an atmosphere where something like this cannot happen again.  I hope it woke up other schools that have a very high profile football program but I doubt it.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Joepa ran that place and kept Sandusky in a position to rape kids for years after knowing what he was doing.

And you penn state fans cheer for your joepa, while saying you don't support  the wrong doings.  

You can see how that is pathetic reprehensible in most people's  eyes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joepa ran that place and kept Sandusky in a position to rape kids for years after knowing what he was doing.

And you penn state fans cheer for your joepa, while saying you don't support  the wrong doings.  

I was a huge penn state and joe paterno fan. I threw all my penn state gear away and root against them now. I'm not sure how anyone can still root for them. They should have been banned forever from college football. It would have sent a message to all the other universities that you need to report child rape and not cover it up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I think their team should be forcibly renamed to the "Penn state pedos"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think their team should be forcibly renamed to the "Penn state pedos"
View Quote

The "Pennetrators."
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The people who covered it up are either dead or in prison ......................

View Quote

Not true.

Spanier/Curley/Schultz are still awaiting trial.   They have been back-pedaling/stalling for years now.

If they are found guilty, then Paterno is guilty by association - he was the gang leader and their puppet-master.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The culture remains.

Because it was allowed to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And all of those people are gone. So now what?

The culture remains.

Because it was allowed to.

Damned right the culture remains.

I live in PGH and some clown in a Penn State shirt took exception to the Pedo State shirt I was wearing and started making a bunch of bullshit excuses and what a great guy Paterno was.

I pointed at his small son and asked him if football was so important, why didn't HE give HIS son to Jerry Sandusky and when the boy cries out screaming at night HE could comfort him by telling him how important it is to win the big GAME.

His wife at least had the decency to be embarrassed.

Your damned right the culture still exists.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You literally have thousands of people cheering for Joepa  still, Idolizing him and saying that he was falsely accused.

Pennsylvania brewery set to release "Joe Paterno Legacy Beer"

There it is.

The Penn State football legacy and one more reason they should have gotten a 20 year banishment by the NCAA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Remember, your children's safety is second to a fucking college ball game.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#31]
joepa knew and could have stopped it.

Hope he is burning in hell now for it.

The fact that idiots defend him to this day is sickening.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was a huge penn state and joe paterno fan. I threw all my penn state gear away and root against them now. I'm not sure how anyone can still root for them. They should have been banned forever from college football. It would have sent a message to all the other universities that you need to report child rape and not cover it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that one needs a message as a reminder to not cover up child rape is a good indicator of where we are today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

America would be a better place without the bread and circus of Football.  

It's not difficult to surmise what your high school experience was like.

http://abetteruserexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jock_nerd.jpg

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm so sick of asking people to read and understand the facts of this case. This thread is particularly bad, though honestly every Penn State thread since November of 2011 has enough ignorant, ham-fisted, frothing-soccer-mom reactionary idiocy to make even Code Pink proud. It's like somebody posts a thread with no basis in reality and it is dog whistle for other like-minded witch hunters to go even further over the top with each successive post. If it weren't so disheartening, it would be mildly amusing.

I won't ask that anybody bother to read and understand the facts of this case; that nearly four years have passed with all of you remaining in complete ignorance is proof enough that that will never happen. I won't even ask that you consider that the insane knee-jerk tactics you're using are frequently used against gun owners. I already know it's a lost cause.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah sure guy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm so sick of asking people to read and understand the facts of this case. This thread is particularly bad, though honestly every Penn State thread since November of 2011 has enough ignorant, ham-fisted, frothing-soccer-mom reactionary idiocy to make even Code Pink proud. It's like somebody posts a thread with no basis in reality and it is dog whistle for other like-minded witch hunters to go even further over the top with each successive post. If it weren't so disheartening, it would be mildly amusing.

I won't ask that anybody bother to read and understand the facts of this case; that nearly four years have passed with all of you remaining in complete ignorance is proof enough that that will never happen. I won't even ask that you consider that the insane knee-jerk tactics you're using are frequently used against gun owners. I already know it's a lost cause.
View Quote

That's a whole lot of words to let us know you aren't going to discuss the topic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Met a guy with 15 years in the NFL this week. I told him that I knew nothing of his sport.

He said "Good. Sundays are for family."
View Quote

I had a similar thing happen about 15 years ago ant the Mingo Road range public range.

Big guy next to me asked me what he was doing wrong. I went over and while we chatted I asked him what he did and he told me he played football for the Steelers.

He said he played hunchback or whatever the hell it was and I asked him what that was. He looked stunned and I explained that I had never seen a Steeler game and the only other football game I had ever seen was when my wife dragged me over somewhere and the husband was watching the game. I said I found it boring.

He seemed fascinated by a guy that didn't give a shit about football.

Then he told me something that floored me. He said that when he was accepted to the Steelers he moved to the PGH area and decided to simply become a Pennsylvanian. (God bless him)

He wanted to learn to hunt deer and had bought a rifle.

I proceeded to teach him to sight it in and gave him a crash course in the basics for a couple of hours.

I never gave it much thought. I just looked at him as a guy that took a job and moved here.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Do we have to revisit this every year right before football season starts?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Penn State Fans:  Joe Paterno Football > Child rape

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I grew up less than 25 miles from PSU. A lifelong fan of Penn State football.

I was living in Oregon when the Sandusky shit bomb exploded. A cousin of mine knows a guy that was victimized but never came forward. The HS I went to in PA before moving away was merged into Central Mountain HS, where the first public charges originated.

Paterno knew and did the least he could. He told his superiors, which is technically all he was obliged to do. When Sandusky wasn't investigated, he should have gone to the police or the press himself. This is not the kind of behavior you just mention to your boss and forget. If your boss does nothing, you go over his head - even if it means bad things for your career, legacy, whatever. Some evil bastard is raping children and he did nothing. For a man who was such a great influence on the lives of so many, he failed miserably when it mattered most. The same can be said for every other person that knew as well.

Joe Paterno, Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz - and any other person who knew what Sandusky was up to - were all faced with a choice about what to do about Sandusky's behavior and NONE of them did the right thing.

The university got off light. The aforementioned individuals got off light.

I don't own any Penn State gear any more and probably never will.

ETA - to blame or penalize alumni that may have graduated before Sandusky even got hired, or people associated with the university but not the football program seems a bit silly.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#41]
People must not realize that football is now a free release for soon-to-be felons.

Remember all those baseball felons? NO?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I had a similar thing happen about 15 years ago ant the Mingo Road range public range.

Big guy next to me asked me what he was doing wrong. I went over and while we chatted I asked him what he did and he told me he played football for the Steelers.

He said he played hunchback or whatever the hell it was and I asked him what that was. He looked stunned and I explained that I had never seen a Steeler game and the only other football game I had ever seen was when my wife dragged me over somewhere and the husband was watching the game. I said I found it boring.

Then he told me something that floored me. He said that when he was accepted to the Steelers he moved to the PGH area and decided to simply become a Pennsylvanian. (God bless him)

I proceeded to teach him to sight it in and gave him a crash course in the basics for a couple of hours.

I never gave it much thought. I just looked at him as a guy that took a job and moved here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Met a guy with 15 years in the NFL this week. I told him that I knew nothing of his sport.

That's funny because in actuality, people forget the job aspect of playing a sport professionally. I love watching sports, but at the end of the day, it is about cashing a check.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do we have to revisit this every year right before football season starts?

View Quote

As long as teams are doing shady shit in the name of Football, I think it should be tacked during every season.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People must not realize that football is now a free release for soon-to-be felons.

Remember all those baseball felons? NO?
View Quote

Your know domestic violence among football players is lower than the national average?

MMA on the other hand....

All sports are a microcosm of society.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I grew up less than 25 miles from PSU. A lifelong fan of Penn State football.

I was living in Oregon when the Sandusky shit bomb exploded. A cousin of mine knows a guy that was victimized but never came forward. The HS I went to in PA before moving away was merged into Central Mountain HS, where the first public charges originated.

Paterno knew and did the least he could. He told his superiors, which is technically all he was obliged to do. When Sandusky wasn't investigated, he should have gone to the police or the press himself. This is not the kind of behavior you just mention to your boss and forget. If your boss does nothing, you go over his head - even if it means bad things for your career, legacy, whatever. Some evil bastard is raping children and he did nothing. For a man who was such a great influence on the lives of so many, he failed miserably when it mattered most. The same can be said for every other person that knew as well.

Joe Paterno, Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz - and any other person who knew what Sandusky was up to - were all faced with a choice about what to do about Sandusky's behavior and NONE of them did the right thing.

The university got off light. The aforementioned individuals got off light.

I don't own any Penn State gear any more and probably never will.

ETA - to blame or penalize alumni that may have graduated before Sandusky even got hired, or people associated with the university but not the football program seems a bit silly.

View Quote

Despite where I live I'm not an USC fan, but it's crazy to see how pennystate got all sanctions lifted and Paterno's wins restored and SC suffered the full term of their punishment.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Is that a shower invite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP can get fucked

Is that a shower invite?

I chuckled.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Considering I never took p[art in any Penn State thread it's a low-life scumbag cunt move to mention my name, and it seems you did it deliberately.

Next time there's a thread about child rape, I'lll be sure to post "In before Forker" and then make some mealey-mouthed excuse.

Acting like a man and simply apologizing was too much to expect form you, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before Joe Pennsy?

You'll never find a post where I defended anything about that.

I should call you to the pit and demand your account for that
I am aware that you didn't defend it. Nowhere did I imply that you would. I was aware that you would comment, however.  

Considering I never took p[art in any Penn State thread it's a low-life scumbag cunt move to mention my name, and it seems you did it deliberately.

Next time there's a thread about child rape, I'lll be sure to post "In before Forker" and then make some mealey-mouthed excuse.

Acting like a man and simply apologizing was too much to expect form you, I guess.
Well, I thought you had taken part. I apologize for mistakenly thinking you had.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Their devotion to football that flies in the face of all rationale and reason just shows that religious extremism  can take all forms and infect any society.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This.
I do not get the mentality. It's a game. Played with a ball.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Your know domestic violence among football players is lower than the national average?

MMA on the other hand....

All sports are a microcosm of society.
View Quote

Is it lower than the national average in their wage bracket?

No. It's ridiculously high.

Again, on the same train of thought, do soccer players that make the same or more have a high DV/DUI rate?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that guy was Terry Bradshaw.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top