Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt Damon doesn't believe you have the right to own guns and you guys go to a movie theater and plunk down cash to watch him act ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed it. Has the entire plot become less and less plausible? Yes. Has the movie series stayed true to the book? No. Do I give a shit about either? Not in the least.

I enjoy the genre, and appreciate the fact that an action movie series can be made without the Bond moniker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Matt Damon doesn't believe you have the right to own guns and you guys go to a movie theater and plunk down cash to watch him act ?
View Quote

I couldn't care less about his opinions on anything other than acting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Never going to watch that anti 2nd monkey dance.
Boycotting even his old shit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So, how does it work in this series?

Happy days was (by the standards of the day) a good show.  Then it had an episode, in particular scene in fact, that was so silly it lost all credibility for the entire series.

So, by using that phrase, OP is saying that the matt damon series was good, up until this iteration.  This last movie is particularly worse than the others?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who uses the phrase jump the shark

Happy Days. Fonzie was water skiing and literally jumped a shark.

The phrase is now used to describe a ridiculous scene that destroys any credibility in the movie.

Happy days was (by the standards of the day) a good show.  Then it had an episode, in particular scene in fact, that was so silly it lost all credibility for the entire series.

So, by using that phrase, OP is saying that the matt damon series was good, up until this iteration.  This last movie is particularly worse than the others?

Took my FIL to see it yesterday.  Didn't see a jump the shark scene.

Just another action movie with crazy car chase scenes.

OP should explain what he thought jumped the shark.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Usually when there's a movie I sort of want to see, but don't support the actors in it, I just wait for Redbox and pay a buck.

I think I'm going to seed a Torrent for this movie.. fuck Matt Damon with a pineapple.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Never seen any of those films.

I've hated Matt Damon since before it was cool.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

a term to describe a moment when somethin that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Preach it!

It will be on cable within a year. What's the hurry?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds great. I don't rage when a glock is cocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does it have action and violence? Don't care about politics

Car chases are beyond ridiculous and the fights are on the level of "Kung Fu".

No new info really, same plot line.  

Again, it jumped the shark.

Sounds great. I don't rage when a glock is cocked.

You're in GD, that's practically a requirement
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Let me guess the ending - Jason Bourne says some Arnald Schwarzenegger inspired line then Moby's Extreme Ways plays as the credits roll.

How clever.

View Quote

yeah, pretty much.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The phrase is now used to describe a ridiculous scene that destroys any credibility in the movie.

Yes, because as silly as the first was it was a pretty good action flick with good gun play and fighting. Realistic?....no, but none the less good.

When you just keep rehashing the same thing and each fight scene gets longer and more ridiculous and each car chase gets more "spectacular" with more crashing off several storied buildings ...all while no one gets more than a small scratch....there comes a point when you say "enough, you did this the first time....now it's just repetitive and dumb"

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Politics are always my first question.   That piece of trash mattie demon isn't worth the time of day.   I will never watch that punk's garbage.
View Quote

Heres my review.   Hey, matt damon, fuck you, motherfucker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any details? After Maaaattt Daaaamon's latest bitchfest about guns, I'm not going to see it in a theater. I may not even watch it at all.
View Quote

Ditto.

What is the difference between Matt Damon and a prostitute? There is none. Fuck him with a rusty pipe.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, he's charming like grandpa, that way - but I like him despite his 1911 dementia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least Selleck isn't an anti-gun hypocrite. He is supposed to be a big fan of the 1911.

Yeah, he's charming like grandpa, that way - but I like him despite his 1911 dementia.

Actually it is referred to as common sense and good taste.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I loved the Bourne series, but I'll be damned if I ever go (or take my family) to see one of his movies in a theater again.  

I don't know why anyone in this nation values the drivel that comes out of these assholes' mouths.  They play "dress up and pretend" for a living and live in a privileged fantasy world, completely out of touch with the realities of America.  They live in guarded walled compounds and criticize politicians who want to provide a small fraction of that same protection for our country.  They argue for gun control while they make millions from gun-based entertainment and travel with bodyguards.  They spew garbage about the environment while they live in 15,000 square foot houses and travel on private jets to the south of France so they can hang out on 150' long diesel spewing private yachts.  They preach racial tolerance while they live in the most elite and segregated communities in our nation.

Here's their anti-gun queen, with her bodyguard:

And this is the protection they get when they gather together for an awards show:

Yeah, pretty similar to what you have outside your home or workplace I imagine...and the same level of protection your wife or daughter gets when she is out alone at night.

Why anyone on the right or left would want to give these hypocritical assholes even more of their hard-earned money is beyond me.  Want to see their movie?  Wait six months and grab it at Red Box. Even better, wait until a friend does.  See how many people you can pack into that room to split the $1.59.  Make it a challenge.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be damned if I'm going to spend money to see a movie starring that leftist hypocrite POS.  Fuck him and his whole crew.

He's about as believable as a ninja, sniper, kung-fu, tier one operator as Rosie O'Donnell.  Laughable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Piracy is the most ethical choice in this case.
View Quote

Sharing!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any details? After Maaaattt Daaaamon's latest bitchfest about guns, I'm not going to see it in a theater. I may not even watch it at all.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  He's a complete hypocrite.

He bitches about guns and then makes millions using them for entertainment.
Then he turns around and stars in movies where the rich elite are supported by the labor of the poor... making millions from the tickets sold to people poorer than he is.

So I say fuck it.  Don't give him money anymore.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#20]
The books are a great read. The movies have zero in common with the books with the exception of the main characters name.

Eta FMD
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the shaky cam as bad as previous Bourne movies?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FMD.

The version with Jeremy Renner was the best one.
View Quote

Agreed.  

Renner does some very nice acting work.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Spoiler Alert!

The main female character is the cute, tall, flat-chested chick.  Early in the movie when we don't know what to think of her, she is sans makeup.

As her character develops and becomes more dangerous, she gets make up and begins to look formidable.

My bitch about these movies is the lawlessness.  Newton's Laws are constantly broken.....big time....and that is just wrong....and impossible.

Wifey wanted to know what I thought the next one would be.  I told her it would be like the first three since they have been the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stevie Wonder saw that shit coming.

Any Julia Stiles or is she gone from the franchise?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Fuck him and all his movies. Same for Liam Neeson. Sylvester Stallone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

This.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FMD.

The version with Jeremy Renner was the best one.

Agreed.  

He's as good an actor as anyone, I suppose, but he's anti-gun, too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Why would any Arfcommer support this fucktard?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Why does anyone from Arfcom spend one red cent giving their money to those idiots from Hollywood?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#30]
They made another one?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds more like it shit the bed, than jumped the shark
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd agree, unless it's an antigun cheerleader. In that case I might watch it on HBO later.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why does anyone from Arfcom spend one red cent giving their money to those idiots from Hollywood?
View Quote

My fil was very happy to see the movie. He's a veteran, and loves the Bourne series.  

I would never see a movie like this in the theater, but I made an exception.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They originally wanted The Fonz to jump some cars ala Evil Knievel but the episode was a beach episode near the ocean, so the creator said, why not a shark? Now it's history. They actually had two more seasons of the show after this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure he got paid up front so technically, your screwing the guys who put up the cash to do the movie, which may or may not be supporting our enemies. I have no idea. Also, they do provide lots of jobs and then those people buy products that other people make with that money, just saying. Oh yeah, I almost forgot FUCK MATT DAMON!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
The books are far superior to the movie, read them and you'll never want to watch the movies again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not giving that anti gun hypocrite a dime of mine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck Matt Damon with a fucking fuck.

He's a liberal, outspoken, anti-gun, hypocrite.

How the fuck can you make action movies filled with guns and blowing shit up, and live protected by guns, and pretend to preach to us ordinary people about how guns are bad and we don't need them?

I won't pay my hard earned $$ to see another Damon movie, ever.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am fine with his opinions.    Opinions are for things like, cheese or no cheese, and beans or no beans.   This isn't about opinions.  

This is about financially supporting and popularizing pure evil in the form of a person.    Rapist, murderers, and muggers can be shot.   Thusly, they are less dangerous to society.   That cowardly punk wants families helpless and subject to the whims of criminals.   That makes him worse.      That wortless piece filth is out to destroy the most basic of all human rights.  I want all such people to drop dead.   I'd be fine with spreading that out over a month or so.          

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sooner or later it will be on TNT on Saturday afternoon....
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#41]

And like a million turtlenecks!! Lmao
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#42]
the whole series took a dump with the last one dealing with chemically altered super assassins.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I enjoy the genre, and appreciate the fact that an action movie series can be made without the Bond moniker.
View Quote

Politics aside:

For that, there's the Mission Impossible series.  That's really Tom Cruise hanging off the side of a cargo plane taking off at a steep incline, hanging off the side of one of the world's tallest buildings, speeding around cars on a motorcycle at high speeds, etc,...

Matt Damon relies on the help of the director, film editor, and stuntmen to attempt to make his audiences believe he is an action star.

Tom Cruise's movies make me feel I got my money's worth seeing on the big screen, but Matt Damon's movies make me feel I got cheated seeing for free on my iPad Mini.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.

I loved the Bourne series, but I'll be damned if I ever go (or take my family) to see one of his movies in a theater again.  

I don't know why anyone in this nation values the drivel that comes out of these assholes' mouths.  They play "dress up and pretend" for a living and live in a privileged fantasy world, completely out of touch with the realities of America.  They live in guarded walled compounds and criticize politicians who want to provide a small fraction of that same protection for our country.  They argue for gun control while they make millions from gun-based entertainment and travel with bodyguards.  They spew garbage about the environment while they live in 15,000 square foot houses and travel on private jets to the south of France so they can hang out on 150' long diesel spewing private yachts.  They preach racial tolerance while they live in the most elite and segregated communities in our nation.

https://i.sli.mg/r78ICq.jpg

And this is the protection they get when they gather together for an awards show:

https://i.sli.mg/Xc1Gp3.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/kGR0JI.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/GdDe61.jpg

Yeah, pretty similar to what you have outside your home or workplace I imagine...and the same level of protection your wife or daughter gets when she is out alone at night.

Why anyone on the right or left would want to give these hypocritical assholes even more of their hard-earned money is beyond me.  Want to see their movie?  Wait six months and grab it at Red Box. Even better, wait until a friend does.  See how many people you can pack into that room to split the $1.59.  Make it a challenge.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

https://i.sli.mg/r78ICq.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/Xc1Gp3.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/kGR0JI.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/GdDe61.jpg

OBVIOUSLY, this guy gets it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you saw any of the previous Bourne movies, you've seen this one.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw it today, and it stunk. Way too little storyline/plot, too many dragged out chases with shaky cam effects, too many close ups of Tommy Lee Jones' weathered, canyon-like facial crevices.  I liked the previous movies, this one is a turd. The beginning was "borrowed" from one of the Rambo flicks, and the rest was rehashed from other Bourne films. The only reason I know they weren't filmed side by side is Damon looks older, and clearly hit some growth/Test for this one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happy Days had credibility before Fonzie jumped the shark? The 5' 2" skinny dude scaring off the entire football team by punching down doors, then mugging it it with the captain's chick credibility?

The other movies were decent. This entire movie sucked, therefore causing the franchise to jump the shark.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not watching it after damons manifesto about guns.

Fuck him
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top