Doichebags.  All of them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please post a pic of the receipt.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just wait until you refi your house or get a new mortgage.

Or try and buy a car...

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
This doesn't pass the smell test.  

I believe the OP, but that 2.3 Excise Tax is only for Medical Device Companies only.  

Perhaps someone at Cabela's screwed up when they loaded the 2013 tax tables in their retail software systems.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They should just call it the Obamacare Tax Increase @ 2.3%.  Be very clear and specific.  Associate zero's name with pain at every opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Im still working the amazon angle and buying everything online just to spite taxes. Hope it lasts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Cabelas is just passing their increased  healthcare costs to the consumer in a very public way.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Mongo

since we are getting bent over, lets spice up the conversation...

Was Julie hot?
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I believe the OP, but that 2.3 Excise Tax is only for Medical Device Companies only.  

Perhaps someone at Cabela's screwed up when they loaded the 2013 tax tables in their retail software systems.  

It's a pass-through.  OP already posted a link to where it says a company will be taxed 2.3% on all revenue.  Corporations can't be taxed though...it just goes to the customers.  ETA: Or the workers.  Not the corp though.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The receipt total was $520.82.  2.3% of that is ................................. drum roll please ........................................... $11.97.
Link

The $20B tax was included in the Affordable Care Act that was signed into law in 2010. The amount is based on a 2.3% excise tax that will be levied on the total revenues of a company, regardless of whether a company generates a profit, starting in 2013. Many companies will owe more in taxes than they generate from their operations.

The Fuck!!!  A tax on gross sales.  So even if you lose money they want 2.3% of every dollar that you turned.  How the blue fuck is that legal?

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Well shit
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Again, as I stated on page one, I am going with this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mongo

since we are getting bent over, lets spice up the conversation...

Was Julie hot?

I wasn't there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope that's not the case and I hope every retailer has to collect it and shows it itemized on every fucking receipt.

Let the people see their "free" shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Where do we sign up for pitchforks?
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Just think about it… Seriously, just think about it. The price for medical care is too high, everyone knows that, right? I mean that was the entire reason for the whole Obamafuckingupourmedicalcare act.

So, what do the Democrats come up with as a solution? “Hmmm. I know!!! Let’s tax medical devices more, that’ll make health care cheaper.” What the fucking FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?! How stupid do you have to be to come up with some shit like that? In my opinion that alone is a good reason to take everyone who voted for that fucking abomination and institutionalize them on the grounds that they are profoundly mentally disabled.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Where do we sign up for pitchforks?

You have to pay 2.3% more for them now FYI.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I doubt the FSA will even notice. They are so up to their greedy eyeballs with class warfare they don't care, they still stuck it to the rich.

I bet if you pay with a government EBT card you are exempt....
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#19]
We've talked about it a bit and we're going back to Cabelas to get some clarification................if any can be had.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Well isn't this strange.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Hmm, they even taxed the conservation roundup donation and Obama took your Cabelas points away.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope that's not the case and I hope every retailer has to collect it and shows it itemized on every fucking receipt.

Im curious to hit a store, any store to see if the tax is on there
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We've talked about it a bit and we're going back to Cabelas to get some clarification................if any can be had.

Also, maybe a phone call to their corp office is in order here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell yeah, now we have an unofficial 2.3% federal sales tax

I wonder if it will go up or down over time.

Do you really wonder that?

Also, how have you been?
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My hunch is the clarification will be something like this:  They are legally required to pay this new tax so even though they wan't to give you the best value they have no choice but to reflect it in the overall cost of the items you're buying.  We understand and appreciate your concerns and encourage you to express your opinions to your representatives.  Thank you for shopping at Cabela's.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy freaking TAG
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Cool , in for the update
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im curious to hit a store, any store to see if the tax is on there

My wife's Walmart receipt from tonight did not have the tax on there.  But it was mostly groceries w/ an oil filter and hair drier added.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 2.3% Excise Tax is suppose to be only for Medical Device Companies.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2012/12/25/in-2013-millions-of-americans-face-obamacare-tax-hikes/

Some guy at Cabela's IT support center in Bangalore probably loaded the wrong tax tables last night.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Have some purchases to make tomorrow.

This will be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
To reiterate - the medical excise tax total - $11.97 - is 2.3% of the entire receipt - $520.82.  That means EVERY item purchased at Cabelas today fell under the tax.

Good!

I hope he Cloward-Piven's the fuck out of this country until it all collapses into one big mass of rioting FSA idiots blaming the Republicans for not raping the rich enough.

Bring it all down man.

While I share your anger, they will simply increase benefits to the FSA to compensate.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2012/12/25/in-2013-millions-of-americans-face-obamacare-tax-hikes/

Some guy at Cabela's IT support center in Bangalore probably loaded the wrong tax tables last night.  

That's what I'm going with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Sounds to me like Cabelas is charging a surcharge to cover whatever they are going to have to pay in obamacare fines and/or medical premiums. Elections have consequences.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell yeah, now we have an unofficial 2.3% federal sales tax

I wonder if it will go up or down over time.

Do you really wonder that?  

Also, how have you been?

LOL!  No...I know how this is going to go.  I'm from Canada and have a good idea what Pierre Elliot Trudeau and socialized medicine did up there.  This is probably a change in the way of life and standard of living that will persist about as long or longer than most of the current posters will be alive.

I've been very busy with work and stuff but doing well.  How have you been?  We ought to get another local group together for a range day when it warms up.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm going with.

I hope very much this is the case but I'm worried it might not be.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Not the first time cabelas overcharged tax.

http://www.taxrates.com/blog/2012/05/04/kansas-cabela-store-issuing-sales-tax-refunds/

Another oops in the annals of sales tax compliance. First, South Carolina retailers unwittingly overcharged sales tax to their customers after failing to update their registers with a sales tax rate change. Now,  a new Kansas-based Cabela’s charges a sales tax that should have been in effect, but “Wichita City Hall neglected to notify the state on time that it created a special sales tax district to spur the Cabela’s development.”

The Wichita Eagle reports, “Cabela’s Wichita officials are issuing refunds for a 1.2 percent sales tax erroneously charged in the first 12 days of the store’s operation when a community improvement district [CID] was not legally triggered.”
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
To reiterate - the medical excise tax total - $11.97 - is 2.3% of the entire receipt - $520.82.  That means EVERY item purchased at Cabelas today fell under the tax.

Good!

I hope he Cloward-Piven's the fuck out of this country until it all collapses into one big mass of rioting FSA idiots blaming the Republicans for not raping the rich enough.

Bring it all down man.

Long Live The Magic Negro !
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#39]
BTW, other purchases were made today at JCPenney's.  No medical excise tax called out on that receipt.

ETA:  Doing the math on the tax vs. total to make sure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good!

Bring it all down man.

While I share your anger, they will simply increase benefits to the FSA to compensate.

Exactly! And if anyone says no, they'll be crushed by the Leftists for being greedy.

Which is why the whole country must be brought down and destroyed from within. It can't be sustained and it needs to fall - hard.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Not the first time Cabelas has had this exact problem with sales tax calculations.

http://www.taxrates.com/blog/2012/05/04/kansas-cabela-store-issuing-sales-tax-refunds/
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BTW, other purchases were made today at JCPenney's.  No medical excise tax called out on that receipt.

And there you go.

Cabela's done fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think Cabela's IT department could afford to test large changes like that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there you go.

Cabela's done fucked up.

We'll see.  There's over 2000 pages in that pile of shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#45]
TAG
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Tax rate on the JCPenney's receipt is consistent with state taxes with no additional taxes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Some one on another board also got hit with that from cabelas today on an ammo purchase.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there you go.

Cabela's done fucked up.

It's a huge fuck up.  They are going to be buried in paperwork trying to figure that out.  And no, they can't legally keep the money.

I would hate to be the guy responsible for this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I just went to cabelas website and ordered some random stuff including hunting clothing and there was no tax of any kind.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top