User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Www.icon4x4.com

There is NO better bronco rebuilder on earth. True craftsmen.

/ I want a Derelict, dammit
View Quote

I'd love to drop a Range Rover Classic off at their shop. It would be nice to have that comfortable, capable ride in a reliable package.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm. BMW X5d?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a sleeper... Toureg v10 tdi diesel, 550lb ft and under the bro radar.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well that was....definitive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have any experience daily driving a truck like that? Sure you can do it, also have shit suspension that'll rattle your teeth, shit heater, shit ac ( if you have a aftermarket assembly installed) rattling doors, uncomfortable interior, and a whole list of other things. Come to Oklahoma, I'll trade you trucks. You're 2010 is so fucking far ahead from that truck it's hard to imagine. Tell you what, get a day where it stupidly fucking hot outside, don't use the ac, crack the window (this will simulate the oven like nature of these old all metal cabs, and chop off your exhaust (this will simulate you listening To the Incan noise, even with lots of sound deadened the all metal cab still reverberates a lot of sound) and only shut your doors until the first click (this'll simulate the rattling youre going to experience). Then see if you really want that. Even if you build a fully restored example, even with a modern drivetrain, it'll stil gonna fuckin suck. I'm not bragging here, I'm fuckin poor. I can't afford a new truck so the shitness of mine is just something I embrace. It gets really tiring after awhile. Don't take your truck for granted.

All the above applies unless your spend $200,000 on a restomod, or are such a good fabricator you wouldn't have asked this question in the first place.

Well that was....definitive.

Yeah, he took the romance right out of it, didn't he?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wish they still build diesel expeditions. My love hate relationship with the 7.3 lead me to the 6.4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Xterra or 4Runner are probably your only realistic options.

Yeah, maybe if he downsizes his boat to something like this:

http://www.wilsonsonmooseheadlake.com/current/2010/buddy-little-red-boat.jpg

lol...whatever dude. They're both around the 5,000lb mark.

LOL

Being rated to tow 5k and actually doing it on a regular basis are two completely different things.  My boat is about 4000 lbs.  I have a 2009 Expedition, which is rated for 9000 lbs.  I used to use a 1999 F250 5.4 and while that was rated at 9000 lbs, towing even the 4000 lb boat was marginal from a power standpoint.  Those little things would be a complete joke.  If he wants something that he can comfortably tow the boat anywhere farther than his driveway and is really stuck on something with a shorter wheelbase, he should get a full-size, V8 SUV like an Expedition, Tahoe, Armada, etc.

I wish they still build diesel expeditions. My love hate relationship with the 7.3 lead me to the 6.4.
What. Please do tell when such an animal existed..ever

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he meant Excursion.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL

Being rated to tow 5k and actually doing it on a regular basis are two completely different things.  My boat is about 4000 lbs.  I have a 2009 Expedition, which is rated for 9000 lbs.  I used to use a 1999 F250 5.4 and while that was rated at 9000 lbs, towing even the 4000 lb boat was marginal from a power standpoint.  Those little things would be a complete joke.  If he wants something that he can comfortably tow the boat anywhere farther than his driveway and is really stuck on something with a shorter wheelbase, he should get a full-size, V8 SUV like an Expedition, Tahoe, Armada, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Well then OP needs to get a smaller boat or put up with shitty gas mileage and a huge lumbering tow vehicle which isn't a true offroader. I guess that's really the only two options.

<shrugs shoulders> we "tow" a 100 lb kayak in the bed of our truck, so I don't worry about such things. Probably not the best to ask either.

ETA: you have a freaking heavy boat @ 4000 lbs! I just checked the Carolina Skiff line and most of their boats are under 2000 lbs, with many under 1500.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Towing a boat at 80mph?

ARW
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well then OP needs to get a smaller boat or put up with shitty gas mileage and a huge lumbering tow vehicle which isn't a true offroader. I guess that's really the only two options.

<shrugs shoulders> we "tow" a 100 lb kayak in the bed of our truck, so I don't worry about such things. Probably not the best to ask either.

ETA: you have a freaking heavy boat @ 4000 lbs! I just checked the Carolina Skiff line and most of their boats are under 2000 lbs, with many under 1500.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Manf. numbers are unloaded, no fuel,  no trailer, etc.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[Deleted]
View Quote

Que?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Towing a boat at 80mph?

ARW
View Quote

On I 10 east of Houston 75 is impeding traffic.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Towing a boat at 80mph?

ARW
View Quote

On I 10 east of Houston 75 is impeding traffic.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, I'm not sure you are going to what you want unless you go custom.

I do all that stuff with a Suburban 2500 4x4 w/ mud tires, it can tow up to 12000 lbs IIRC and at higher speed.  Mileage is only around 11 mpg though with Mud Tires.  Is fairly off road capable.     But you already have an F250 for that stuff.  

Maybe the Titan with a diesel would be smaller/lighter with good towing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread makes me sad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread makes me sad.
View Quote

Can't speak for Mike, but your tuner remains dillehayd approved. Honestly, if not for your tuner I'd not have bought the truck at all.

Would love to know what you think. IM if you want.

ETA, can I just send you the tuner for an upgrade and full licenses?  I have no desire to figure out the upgrade scheme. I've long since lost the login info that one of my employees set up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I just had to dig your brother's old tune files off an old hard drive from 2009. Teach that boy how to back up an SD card

Well, maybe after your ETA, he learned it from you

Just sent you a PM.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top