BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Everything they need to know is right on the box or so I thought, most of the time. Not saying what you are saying is not true, I've always been able to pick up my guns same day so I guess I wouldn't know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My FFL guy never opens my firearm box before I get there, this should be the norm. I've heard of dealers replacing P-Mags with Pro Mags, complete upper receivers on ARs, you name it.

An FFL has one day to log in the firearm when they receive it. Lots of people aren't there to pick up their gun within 1 day. They can't log in a gun without opening up the box.

Everything they need to know is right on the box or so I thought, most of the time. Not saying what you are saying is not true, I've always been able to pick up my guns same day so I guess I wouldn't know.

If it's a brand new gun then the info is on the box but not on the shipping box. Still, some like to verify the actual serial number on the firearm to the box it came in.

If it comes in from a distributor then we don't check, if it comes in from another dealer then it gets checked because there's no telling if the box actually belongs to the gun that's in it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I agree completely if it's a gun that the store is selling out of their own inventory.

However, when it's a gun you ORDER, it's basically theft, in my opinion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a very common practice with distributors. I've never seen a LGS do it unless a used gun came in and someone was stupid enough to include a bunch of extra mags. I don't blame a LGS at all for selling the extras on the side.

I remember when the Romanian PSLs came out (packaged with four mags/pouch) many distributors were pulling two and even three mags to sell on the side because the ones that came with the rifles were the only ones available at the time. I remember those mags selling for $50.00+ each.

The way they look at it is they bought the gun (it's theirs) so as long as a gun is advertised with one mag there is not shit a buyer can do about it other than buy elsewhere. If the manufacturer does not care then they are in the clear especially if they are not a stocking dealer.

Do your research before to buy.

I agree completely if it's a gun that the store is selling out of their own inventory.

However, when it's a gun you ORDER, it's basically theft, in my opinion.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a guy who not only does that, he brags about charging people $25 to install slide-fire stocks he sells on AR's he sells and keeping the stocks he removes
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember during the AWB'94 it was so bad that the manufacturers would run promotions where they would ship guns from the factory with one 10 rnd mag but include a coupon you could send in with a copy of your receipt, bar code and warranty card to get a free "hi-cap".

Personally, I saw it more recently when I purchased a Colt 6920 from Wal-Mart and the entire swag bag had been snatched and replaced with one Thermold brand magazine loose in the box

I got a big "fuck-off" from both Colt and Walmart. Apparently the distributor in the middle stole everything.

and yes, it was stolen because the gun is cataloged by Colt as coming with certain accessories and Wal-Mart made no disclaimer that the gun comes with nothing but a cheap after-market mag that won't function.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Brian Andersen

Yeah, like this dude. I knew him through a mutual acquaintance always acted like he was doing you a favor if your bought anything from him. Got some extra duty mags (probably pilfered from transferred guns) from him back in the day for myself and some co-workers, he acted like he was selling me the crown jewels or something, photocopying my id card etc...   scum bag.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember during the AWB'94 it was so bad that the manufacturers would run promotions where they would ship guns from the factory with one 10 rnd mag but include a coupon you could send in with a copy of your receipt, bar code and warranty card to get a free "hi-cap".

Personally, I saw it more recently when I purchased a Colt 6920 from Wal-Mart and the entire swag bag had been snatched and replaced with one Thermold brand magazine loose in the box

I got a big "fuck-off" from both Colt and Walmart. Apparently the distributor in the middle stole everything.

and yes, it was stolen because the gun is cataloged by Colt as coming with certain accessories and Wal-Mart made no disclaimer that the gun comes with nothing but a cheap after-market mag that won't function.
View Quote

I see lots of colt accessory packs for sale.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was pretty common back during the AWB days when some pistols would come with "hi-cap" mags.

P.S. I hate that term, BTW.
View Quote

Then call them what they are.  Standard Capacity.    

A Glock G17 is designed around a magazine capacity of 17 rounds.  That is standard.   Have a G18 32 Round mag hanging out the bottom of it would be "high capacity."

By using the terminology as defined by the anti's, you have granted legitimacy to their arguments.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A dealer has to be in some dire financial straights, to pull a chickenshit move like that.

You'd think, anyway.
View Quote

I've personally know several people that own businesses (not gun related) and are fairly well off that would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I've personally know several people that own businesses (not gun related) and are fairly well off that would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A dealer has to be in some dire financial straights, to pull a chickenshit move like that.

You'd think, anyway.
Same here. I don't get the logic / motives behind it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I had that happen to me with a dealer in TN shortly after the AWB.  Ordered a glock 21, and when it came in it had 10 round mags and they claimed that glock only ships them with 10 round mags.

I suspected they were lying, so I called Glock and asked them, and they said that they only shipped 10-rd mags to states that had specific laws, and any glock 21 shipped to TN would have full-capacity mags.

I told the store this, and they STILL claimed that glock only shipped guns with 10-round mags, so I told them to fuck off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was pretty common back during the AWB days when some pistols would come with "hi-cap" mags.

P.S. I hate that term, BTW.

I had that happen to me with a dealer in TN shortly after the AWB.  Ordered a glock 21, and when it came in it had 10 round mags and they claimed that glock only ships them with 10 round mags.

I suspected they were lying, so I called Glock and asked them, and they said that they only shipped 10-rd mags to states that had specific laws, and any glock 21 shipped to TN would have full-capacity mags.

I told the store this, and they STILL claimed that glock only shipped guns with 10-round mags, so I told them to fuck off.

A dealer in LaVergne,Tn did the same thing to me during the ban. I bought a G19, should have come with 3- 15 rd mags. There was one 10 rd mag. Called Glock and asked about the pistol by serial number. They said it shipped with the 3  15 rd mags. Went back to the store and raised a pretty good stink, I got my mags but was asked to never come back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a shitbag thing to do but the customer needs to verify the accessories that come with the gun before buying it nib from a shop.

I have read of straight up thievery where mags are taken from guns ordered from online retailers like Buds.
View Quote

If the customer ordered it from Buds or elsewhere and the dealer was just transferring it then the dealer committed straight up theft.

If the dealer was selling it from his own stock, it is his property to do with what he wishes. It is certainly not theft. If he wants to sell a mag separate, its his prerogative as long he doesn't falsely advertise it comes with two mags.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had an FFL for years and was amazed at some of the package deals, free hardcase, free scope and or rings, extra mags, cleaning gear, all kinds of free swag.
I never kept anything and always passed it along to the buyer who most of the time was in shock.
I have ran across many brick and mortar joints that kept everything except the actual gun.  I have been in LGS's that even took the free lock that came with your gun and would put them in a little plastic bag on the rack for re-sale.
View Quote

Worked for a shop for a brief time in Michigan that did this back in the late 80's/early 90's.  Mainly sold cheap surplus and the then cheap SKS/AK's.

Literally everything was taken out of the box, hastily degreased and labelled for resale, then the packaging was thrown out to try and force the customer into buying a cheap overpriced guncase.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My FFL guy never opens my firearm box before I get there, this should be the norm. I've heard of dealers replacing P-Mags with Pro Mags, complete upper receivers on ARs, you name it.

An FFL has one day to log in the firearm when they receive it. Lots of people aren't there to pick up their gun within 1 day. They can't log in a gun without opening up the box.

I would want to see the info on the firearm not from the box.

Also the info may be on the box, but that is probably the inner firearm box not the shipping box so they would have to open it anyways.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a very common practice with distributors. I've never seen a LGS do it unless a used gun came in and someone was stupid enough to include a bunch of extra mags. I don't blame a LGS at all for selling the extras on the side.

I remember when the Romanian PSLs came out (packaged with four mags/pouch) many distributors were pulling two and even three mags to sell on the side because the ones that came with the rifles were the only ones available at the time. I remember those mags selling for $50.00+ each.

The way they look at it is they bought the gun (it's theirs) so as long as a gun is advertised with one mag there is not shit a buyer can do about it other than buy elsewhere. If the manufacturer does not care then they are in the clear especially if they are not a stocking dealer.

Do your research before to buy.
View Quote

Exactly.

This is how I see it as well. Nor would I have any problem buying from that dealer if I felt the price he was selling was fair.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I always deduct it from the sale price of the gun, say so to their face.

They usually put the mag back in the box.  Or I don't buy the gun.

Play stupid games, fuck you.  If its used, that is different, but NIB?  Leave the mags in or eat a dick
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ordered a Midwest Industries rail from a company (can't remember right now) and I noticed the the packaging was taped up when I opened it. Turns out they took the small rails that came with it. Didn't know it until a buddy pointed it out to me.
View Quote

Contact MI and let them know.  I bet they would send you the missing pieces and want to know which dealers are shorting customers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#17]
People steal the cleaning kits out of AKs, which makes no sense because they only thread onto AK cleaning rods.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
People steal the cleaning kits out of AKs, which makes no sense because they only thread onto AK cleaning rods.
View Quote

They steal the AK cleaning rod too. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#19]
How about when Sig went from shipping two mags to one and then back to two a few months later got chewed out several times over that bullshit. We had guns in stock both ways. Started telling everyone 1 mag and of they got 2 they were happy.

Quoted:

Also the info may be on the box, but that is probably the inner firearm box not the shipping box so they would have to open it anyways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only correct way is to check the gun. When I was selling wholesale we saw discrepancies frequently.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top