Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Big ass bucket of Sun for $10 last me a year.

Clothes are clean as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have heard of a lot of people that "make" their own for cheap... With great results
View Quote

Ingredients

Directions

Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! You can take this a step further and blend the mixture in a blender or food processor to create a powder that will dissolve easily even in cold water. (Just be sure to let the dust settle before removing the lid of your blender or food processor so you don’t inhale the fine particles.) Store in a sealed container with a small scoop.

To Use

Use 1 Tbsp per load (or 2-3 Tbsp for large or heavily soiled loads).

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
in with the "make your own" crowd

however I buy the cheap stuff to use the jugs
figured out that if I mix in a little bit of commercial with mine it helps it gel up better
make about 8 gallons at a time

ETA: for the DIY crowd
consider buying a hand cranked cheese grater
I found a antique table mounted grater and restored it for the grand sum of $5

grating those soaps sucks big time
go overkill
I can turn a bar into powder in seconds
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
in with the "make your own" crowd

however I buy the cheap stuff to use the jugs
figured out that if I mix in a little bit of commercial with mine it helps it gel up better
make about 8 gallons at a time

ETA: for the DIY crowd
consider buying a hand cranked cheese grater
I found a antique table mounted grater and restored it for the grand sum of $5

go overkill
I can turn a bar into powder in seconds
View Quote

The trick is to buy them way ahead of time and let them sit in the laundry room.  They harden up so they don't just mush into the holes  I buy them in packs so they'll sit for months and grate up in seconds.  I can do a bar of Fels Naphtha in less than a minute.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The trick is to buy them way ahead of time and let them sit in the laundry room.  They harden up so they don't just mush into the holes  I buy them in packs so they'll sit for months and grate up in seconds.  I can do a bar of Fels Naphtha in less than a minute.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no way
going to need two stopwatches and 3 witnesses.........cant be family either

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

no way

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no way

Well, well, well.......I smell a challenge.

I'm on my last jar now so I'll be making a batch soon.  I'll PM you the video.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I was married, my wife insisted on getting Tide or Era, saying that the cheap stuff, while tempting, was in actuality a ripoff because you have to use twice the amount of product to get the same degree of effectiveness as the big name brands. I never squawked about it, but since I've been single, I've been buying the cheap stuff and using the same amount as before, and I haven't noticed any difference. Maybe my clothes aren't as clean and I simply can't tell because I'm a disgusting slob? What do you folks thing about the cheapass stuff?

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/45/14/41/0009451441821_500X500.jpg
View Quote

Make your own.  It ends up costing pennies a load, and works very well.
I do agree though that the cheap brands make you use more.  The home made stuff is the only cheap one I actually could recommend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ingredients

Directions

Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! You can take this a step further and blend the mixture in a blender or food processor to create a powder that will dissolve easily even in cold water. (Just be sure to let the dust settle before removing the lid of your blender or food processor so you don’t inhale the fine particles.) Store in a sealed container with a small scoop.

To Use

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have heard of a lot of people that "make" their own for cheap... With great results

Ingredients

Directions

To Use

The home made stuff with Zote smells good, but when I make it with Fels, it really whitens whites.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the exact same shit you posted a picture of, works great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone's looking for the original "Wash your Drawers" thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/621990_.html

It's the same as the other make your own detergent recipes in this thread and the other thread links.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked it up at Rural King for a buck and change.  We'll see.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top