Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2011 10:45:59 AM EDT
Just wondering if he's swaying anyone...
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't have much concern for it before, but now it is starting to make me wonder.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really, in for the lulz though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Voldemort wasn't born here...and I've always felt that way. Trump's just ballsy enough to say it on all of the talk shows.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
No and no.  Find evidence and I'll reconsider.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I just think it's bullshit that the president of the United States can't seem to find his birth certificate.  EVERYONE has a birth certificate......how does the President not have one??    

Don't you have to prove that you were born in the US to even run for president??  

The whole thing doesn't make sense....
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
If it gives the Left heartburn I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd been nearer to the fence, but if someone with Trump's vast resources can't find anything, it definately pushes me into the 'not an american' gang. And as has been said before, if's actually an American by birth, just show the cert and shut everyone the hell up and laugh about it. The saddest part about it to me is how far it's all gone without a definate answer. Just like Clinton getting some oval office oral delight. They didn't need impeachment for that, he should have just said "yep, I had some afternoon delight, and it's not really your concern" and the american public would have smiled and thought cool, oval office head ftw! Instead he tossed out the word games with what the definition if 'is' is.

I just never understood why it's so hard to get an honest straightforward answer out of most politicians. Speak the truth and don't make excuses, America will respect you for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Damn, you're beating me to the punch in all these threads.

I am unconvinced of anything, but I am rather enjoying the thought that someone with some serious financial ass is motivated enough to take this up.  As long as it affects the bastards in a negative way I will be happy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The Donald is a business man who understands no press is bad press.  All he is doing is playing to the lowest common denominator.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I never considered myself a birther but always thought there was some reason we aren't being told of for why he refuses to show his actual birth certificate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
His stated opinion has been mine from the beginning.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]
The Donald is a business man who understands no press is bad press. All he is doing is playing hard ball and showing America he is a man who will take charge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

Lets hope he starts in on the "What passport did he use in 1981 to visit Pakistan?" question.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I never considered myself a birther but always thought there was some reason we aren't being told of for why he refuses to show his actual birth certificate.

That's my position too. Something embarrassing, like Obama Sr. isn't listed as the father, race listed as "white" or something else equally awkward, or non-PC. And why would there be birth announcements in the papers. Was someone thinking ahead 48 years to when the kid would be running for POTUS?

My simplest logical test that Birthers are probably wrong is that if the Clinton's, the master's of dirty campaigns, didn't see fit to use the birth cert (or lack there-of) against Obama in the primaries, it was nothing too important.

ETA: Although on the .001% chance he wasn't born in the U.S. I do think the Constitutional Crisis/Shitstorm and the entire DNC and American Left going bat-shit crazy over it would be pretty entertaining.

Not sure if it's worth hearing the words "President Biden" though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]

I was on the fence, but he's got me thinking...

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump is all talk, he's just building buzz right now. Hasn't produced a single shred of evidence other than his own vague, sensational statements.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Obama has a birth certificate, it just says he's white. White mother gives birth to a child and the dad is not around, what do yu think they are going to list the race as? Obama does not want to show off his birth certificate because of this. End of story.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I just enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Obama has a birth certificate, it just says he's white. White mother gives birth to a child and the dad is not around, what do yu think they are going to list the race as? Obama does not want to show off his birth certificate because of this. End of story.

Hawaii does not list race of child on their birth certificate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Where does he stand on amnesty and border security?
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#21]
No affect on me.  I still think the Kenyan will be president for the remainder of his term.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
No.

Anybody with their own "reality" show is a publicity hound.
Publicity hounds seek publicity.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone remember that, if Obama was born when and where he says he was, he could end this with a word. The fact that Obama isn’t releasing the information indicates that he has something big to hide. I think everyone knows this and are just afraid the Truthseekers will actually find the truth.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#24]
He's negating the Left's pat response that Obama has "already shown his BC".

Making some ,who might not have been paying attention, think twice about that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#25]
"Birther' is a term created and used primarily by liberals to be demeaning, so I won't go there.

The bigger point here is that I simply don't trust Odumbo to tell the truth about anything, birth place not withstanding.

I've always felt the current Shitstain in Chief is definitely hiding something with regard to his birth certificate, and he's using the derogatory labeling of those who don't follow the party line as "birthers" as a means to shield himself from revealing it.  I suspect there's something at the very least uncomfortable on there he wishes to keep private.

He's playing each side against the other, quite effectively, all the while not putting it to bed, and that's his choice to make.

I am enjoying the FUCK out of one of the richest men in the world using his money to go after him on this though.  THOROUGHLY enjoying it.

I hope he uncovers something to prove what many believe, which is that Obongo is a fucking liar, deceitful, and isn't being honest with the American people.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.

The derogatory term "birther" is on that mud slinging liberals like Rachel Maddow like to use to shout down any opposing argument without any discussion of its merit (See also: Tea bagger).

I don't know why so many even on the right seem to want to gloss over this issue, but it most definitely IS an issue that needs to be addressed.   I find it very disturbing that both Congress and the courts have no interest in publicly verifying the credentials of the President.  What's even more disturbing is that there doesn't seem to be any entity who is responsible for doing that verification.  The FEC punted.  Congress punted.  The courts said that US citizens including military members do not have legal standing to challenge the legitimacy of the person ruling the country, and they won't say who does  

Call me whatever you want, but that looks like a very serious problem to me.  The fact that there is no precedent for dealing with issues of legitimacy and the fact that it's just laughed off ("Of course he's legitimate, if he wasn't he wouldn't be president") is what concerns me.  
The fact that Obama could have easily answered all these questions ages ago does not help his case.

I have no illusions about him being removed from office should it prove true, but at least then the ensuing sh!tstorm would force the government to start doing its job and following the Constitution.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Kenyan or not, a presidential candidate ought to be able to prove his eligibility if the public asks, not spend millions of dollars trying to avoid proving it.  I'm with The Donald on this one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
When a man with his resources can't find something that should be available it makes me think that that thing doesn't exist.

I'm still on the fence.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#29]
will study later.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not really, in for the lulz though.

This is about where I'm at.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Let's just say I'm listening.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#32]
somehow I very much doubt the OP's interest is simple curiousity.

A related poll, from the last couple months
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow.  This will be an issue in '12.  Not a critical one but still and issue.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bill's a pretty honest guy.  You notice how he hasn't posted anything in this thread indicating his opinions on the issue?  That's a good move when you're trying to conduct a poll.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

The derogatory term "birther" is on that mud slinging liberals like Rachel Maddow like to use to shout down any opposing argument without any discussion of its merit (See also: Tea bagger).

I don't know why so many even on the right seem to want to gloss over this issue, but it most definitely IS an issue that needs to be addressed.   I find it very disturbing that both Congress and the courts have no interest in publicly verifying the credentials of the President.  What's even more disturbing is that there doesn't seem to be any entity who is responsible for doing that verification.  The FEC punted.  Congress punted.  The courts said that US citizens including military members do not have legal standing to challenge the legitimacy of the person ruling the country, and they won't say who does  

Call me whatever you want, but that looks like a very serious problem to me.  The fact that there is no precedent for dealing with issues of legitimacy and the fact that it's just laughed off ("Of course he's legitimate, if he wasn't he wouldn't be president") is what concerns me.  

The fact that Obama could have easily answered all these questions ages ago does not help his case.

I have no illusions about him being removed from office should it prove true, but at least then the ensuing sh!tstorm would force the government to start doing its job and following the Constitution.  

PSA:  You are two posts away from post # 1776.

I look forward to you making it count!!!!  

And of course, your quoted post above puts us on the same page regarding this issue.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#36]
He hasn't swayed me.  I think Øbama was born in Hawaii, but I think his BC says he's white or something like that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#37]
His birth certificate probably says something like illegitimate.  So, the little bastard won't show it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
If he can prove the mother was somewhere other than Hawaii before that little bastard pop outta her body....he has my attention.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill's a pretty honest guy.  You notice how he hasn't posted anything in this thread indicating his opinions on the issue?  That's a good move when you're trying to conduct a poll.

well, I'll admit, I kind of dismiss out of hand the idea that he was born in kenya.  

but I do find it really interesting that this story is getting as much mainstream traction as it is.  I'm starting to wonder if it's got legs and might be something that would sway independants in '12.  thus, the poll.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He hasn't swayed me.  I think Øbama was born in Hawaii, but I think his BC says he's white or something like that.

I think Trump has hinted at this
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Bottom line for me: I don't trust politicians.  This counts double for politicians from Chicago.  And double for democrats.  So when a democrat politician from Chicago says "I'm not going to show you the document, but believe me when I say it exists" I don't trust him.  I don't have any evidence that Obama wasn't born here, but I don't trust his story absent proof.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wow.  This will be an issue in '12.  Not a critical one but still and issue.

As the economy slips, this issue will only get more attention.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Trump has hinted at this

I thought that many have already stated that there is no area on the long form for race?
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Drill Donald Drill !!!!!!!

Plus its going to be fun to watch all those who were The Donald's friends now come out and swear how stupid he really is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Trump is an expendable buffoon whose chief role in all this is to say stuff we all think, but are either too polite to say, or don't have the megaphone/platform from which to say it.

If he goes on the View with the hens and makes them have to defend Obama's failure to produce a BC, it puts the topic on the table, makes them look stupid as they defend Obama, allows some 5-10% of the society that is indifferent to the topic to at least think it is respectable to discuss, and lets someone who will be the real nominee to look like a statesman by saying he won't stoop to discuss that issue.

Winning! Duh!
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Birthers are kooks. Thats all
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Where does he stand on illegal alien amnesty and border security issues?   The last republican I heard that really and honestly supported enforcement of existing laws against illegal aliens and stepped up border security was the Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think this makes as much sense as anything I have heard. Especially since he is relatively light-skinned, and infants are not dark-skinned even if 100% black. And in Hawaii, you have to wonder what the indigenous people regard themselves as. If they are darker skinned than he was as an infant, and his mother was white, and Dad wasn't around, it would make sense.

The other theory I have read is that the address on the real BC would have been that of a house of ill-repute.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Obongo, Obongo, mugambo Obongo.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#50]
If BHO had a birth cert he would show it, plain and simple.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top