Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL……. American taught History is some of the best fiction I have ever read.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But then who would save your arses in the next European War like we did in the last 2?

It's not like you have a navy with surface combatants anymore.

American history is written by Jesus Christ himself.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Interesting. We offer freedom, but you're happier with your current slavery? I think our offer is actually pretty darned good.

Why do you hate freedom?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear Brit chap:

Respectfully, no.

Sincerely,
America.

Interesting. We offer freedom, but you're happier with your current slavery? I think our offer is actually pretty darned good.

Why do you hate freedom?

We can slaughter each other (Americans, I mean) for freedom if it comes to that.  I'd hate to get into a nasty row with you blokes, you seem so nice and friendly now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Id rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If it was, he wrote it in English.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But then who would save your arses in the next European War like we did in the last 2?

Wrong. He wrote it in plain old American. Your precious "King James" just had it copied down in a fruity format.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Only if i get to shoot any red coats :)
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think he's referring to the famous WWII encounter "the Battle of Waterloo", just after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour.

Thankfully we're only after their taxes not their highschool history teachers, so I was going to let it slide

It's a quote from the movie Beerfest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We already kicked their asses in WWII. Cheer-i-o, let's do it again!

WTF?

I think he's referring to the famous WWII encounter "the Battle of Waterloo", just after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour.

Thankfully we're only after their taxes not their highschool history teachers, so I was going to let it slide

It's a quote from the movie Beerfest

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With proper spellings, versus the "I want to be French" spelling so contemporary in the UK. Also, I have a 1955 RAF Handbook for Airmen where opportunities for sport are discussed, including soccer. Yes. That soccer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I find this all a little strange. It makes perfect sense for all involved.

You claim freedom on the basis that you get to vote for your ruler, but your system still relies on people whose prime motivation is getting and maintaining a powerbase - which means pandering to the those most reliant on government's largesse with your tax money. These are the same people entrusted with protecting your constitution and your liberty - and what kind of job have they done with that so far? Where is your liberty?

We offer freedom from that. We have no need and no interest in pandering to those who rely on us, as that only adds administrative overheads and hassle. We have no want of supporting those that refuse to support themselves. We want you to be self-reliant and independent, free from the constraints that stop you carving your place in the world by the sweat of your own brow. We want you to be happy productive little people, and if your guns and constitution keep you happy and working hard, you can have all the happiness that you want.

All we ask, in return for preventing others trampling over your rights in order to appease the dependent masses, is a tiny slice of your income. A teeny-tiny slice. 15% flat rate on income over $10k p/a. How much tax do you pay right now?

No taxcodes larger than an encyclopedia. No IRS investigating every moment of your life. No NSA watching over you - feel free to crack open a beer and shout sedition from the mountaintops if you wish, as long as you pay your 15% we really don't care. No BATF making random determinations over what you can and cannot have. No government behemoth squatting over you. No SWAT teams raiding you because you have a shoestring and a BB gun.

How is it not better?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking British are always trying to ice skate up hill....

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Fucking British are always trying to ice skate up hill....

View Quote

We're trying to help you. Because we care.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You claim freedom on the basis that you get to vote for your ruler, but your system still relies on people whose prime motivation is getting and maintaining a powerbase - which means pandering to the those most reliant on government's largesse with your tax money. These are the same people entrusted with protecting your constitution and your liberty - and what kind of job have they done with that so far? Where is your liberty?

We offer freedom from that. We have no need and no interest in pandering to those who rely on us, as that only adds administrative overheads and hassle. We have no want of supporting those that refuse to support themselves. We want you to be self-reliant and independent, free from the constraints that stop you carving your place in the world by the sweat of your own brow. We want you to be happy productive little people, and if your guns and constitution keep you happy and working hard, you can have all the happiness that you want.

All we ask, in return for preventing others trampling over your rights in order to appease the dependent masses, is a tiny slice of your income. A teeny-tiny slice. 15% flat rate on income over $10 p/a. How much tax do you pay right now?

No taxcodes larger than an encyclopedia. No IRS investigating every moment of your life. No NSA watching over you - feel free to crack open a beer and shout sedition from the mountaintops if you wish, as long as you pay your 15% we really don't care. No BATF making random determinations over what you can and cannot have. No government behemoth squatting over you. No SWAT teams raiding you because you have a shoestring and a BB gun.

How is it not better?

View Quote

One word. Orthodontia.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Jesus is my King. You can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would say yes, just to have an opportunity to kick your British asses again.
View Quote

If I fight with you, do I get to kill Englishmen?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why do you hate freedom?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear Brit chap:

Respectfully, no.

Sincerely,
America.

Why do you hate freedom?

I am always armed and I am no ones subject.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Jesus is my King. You can kiss my ass.
View Quote

The Queen is the head of the Church of England. That makes her second in command to Jesus. Turning your back on her would make Jesus sad. Do you want to make Jesus sad?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All we ask, in return for preventing others trampling over your rights in order to appease the dependent masses, is a tiny slice of your income. A teeny-tiny slice. 15% flat rate on income over $10k p/a. How much tax do you pay right now?

How is it not better?

View Quote

I have a better idea.

The US just needs to kick out the libtards.  I'm think after that is done it might be fun to become a little imperialistic.  Might as well bring Europe into the fold, we secure most of their foreign interests anyways.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear Brit chap:

Respectfully, no.

Sincerely,

America.

Why do you hate freedom?

Unless your current King Obama is nearby, in which case the Secret Service will make you choose between disarming or staying in your house... like a good little subject

Whereas Prince Harry would probably bring a crate of beer with him and organise a range & BBQ party.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I have a better idea.

The US just needs to kick out the libtards.  I'm think after that is done it might be fun to become a little imperialistic.  Might as well bring Europe into the fold, we secure most of their foreign interests anyways.
View Quote

I applaud your enthusiasm, but it would work much better if you trust our judgement on this. We'll handle all the boring empire stuff so you can concentrate on enjoying your freedom as subjects of the Crown.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Cause we already have a queen in the white house!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Serious question….Why the hang-up with "Soccer"?

I've never understood why Americans get so hung up on the word.  It has been used in the UK as another name for football for as long as I can remember and well before that.

View Quote

The funny part is that it's one of those weird Anglo/Australian terms like brekkie for breakfast or  mornos (which you'd more likely recognize as elevensies.) As a complete aside, my iPad hates me typing in Anglospheric.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I applaud your enthusiasm, but it would work much better if you trust our judgement on this. We'll handle all the boring empire stuff so you can concentrate on enjoying your freedom as subjects of the Crown.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a better idea.

That would make us Canadians
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a better idea.

You already have a track record of screwing up the whole empire thing.  Not going to give that kind of power to a known loser.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You already have a track record of screwing up the whole empire thing.  Not going to give that kind of power to a known loser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a better idea.

No, once we were content that the fledgling nations were ready to leave the nest, we let them go. We're just a bit worried that America has forgotten how to flap its wings.

Talking about screwing things up, how are Obama and Putin getting along these days?

I'm a man who believes in doing the right thing. I simply don't think it would be right to be the last generation who can say "we remember when America use to mean something". We truly want to help you mean something once again. And benefit financially in the process. In fact, mainly benefit financially in the process, all the other bits are useful side-effects to help sell the idea.

So what say you? Let everyone here be a winner. It makes so much sense in so many ways. Aren't we offering so much of what all right-thinking Americans are asking?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
LOL, God Shave The Queen. No carry your british ass back to that island you call a country and butt the hell out of America. Oh, be sure and kiss Piers for us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Sure. Then we throw out the queen and take over that motherfucker to
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Counteroffer: England, Wales, and NI come under American control, and Scotland, NYC, Philly, San Francisco, LA, and Chicago are under...whatever, don't care.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Counteroffer: England, Wales, and NI come under American control, and Scotland, NYC, Philly, San Francisco, LA, and Chicago are under...whatever, don't care.
View Quote

thread winner.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I notice a lot of knee-jerk reactions and "hell no!" responses. That's fair enough, ideas of this magnitude often take a while to sink in. You feel a little unsure, uncomfortable, perhaps even a little brainwashed by your cultural surroundings, that's understandable. But let's look at this objectively.

What negative impact would this have on your day to day life? Seriously? Considering all the upsides to this decidedly generous offer, what possible downside could exist to make a sensible person say no?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Honestly it's not a bad proposition on paper,  What would you Crumpet eaters do with Messico though?  Can you negotiate with Spain to take back Messico
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

That rather defeats the point. We're trying to spread freedom, not swell the IRS into a worldwide leviathan

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Would you offer a British style dental plan?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Honestly it's not a bad proposition on paper,  What would you Crumpet eaters do with Messico though?  Can you negotiate with Spain to take back Messico
View Quote

That depends. What would make you the most happy and productive? Let them in? Build a big fence? Do nothing?

Considering that (i) there would be no government-sourced welfare and support, and that (ii) the only real crime that we would be focussed on penalising consistently and severely would be a failure to pay income tax, do you think it would change America as a destination for immigrants? Perhaps it would attract the immigrants that you are happy to share the country with - the hard working law abiding people. Would that be a bad thing?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Better idea.

You can have all our democrats.
They represent a huge amount of money, I am sure you could coerce them into parting with a lot of it for "fairness/the earth/the children".

You don't even have to give us anything in return.
View Quote

I'll go with this. Only they have to take them ALL
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, once we were content that the fledgling nations were ready to leave the nest, we let them go. We're just a bit worried that America has forgotten how to flap its wings.

Talking about screwing things up, how are Obama and Putin getting along these days?

I'm a man who believes in doing the right thing. I simply don't think it would be right to be the last generation who can say "we remember when America use to mean something". We truly want to help you mean something once again. And benefit financially in the process. In fact, mainly benefit financially in the process, all the other bits are useful side-effects to help sell the idea.

So what say you? Let everyone here be a winner. It makes so much sense in so many ways. Aren't we offering so much of what all right-thinking Americans are asking?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a better idea.

By letting go do you mean getting curb stomped in several major rebellions?

Obungo is a turd but since the UK hasn't been a relevant super power for sometime we are all stuck with that turd.  If you want to help someone I would look inward at your own government.

Replacing a weak leader with a has been failed empire doesn't sound like a solution to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Would you offer a British style dental plan?
View Quote

Have whatever plan you want. That's the beauty of it. Your dentist can work with you on whatever terms you want. He doesn't have to support any of the welfare programs, he isn't subject to highly litigant-centric malpractice laws thanks to our tort reforms. You'll probably have more dentists offering a better, less-expensive range of services than ever before.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Obungo is a turd but since the UK hasn't been a relevant super power for sometime we are all stuck with that turd.  If you want to help someone I would look inward at your own government.

Replacing a weak leader with has been failed empire doesn't sound like a solution to me.
View Quote

It's OK to lack vision, that's part of what we're willing to bring to the table with us

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That rather defeats the point. We're trying to spread freedom, not swell the IRS into a worldwide leviathan

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I like the tone of your fancy words.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How about we let you become the 51st state.
View Quote

We can't.  Canada already has that status.

However, Britain would make a nice #52.  I like even numbers.

This is fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That depends. What would make you the most happy and productive? Let them in? Build a big fence? Do nothing?

Considering that (i) there would be no government-sourced welfare and support, and that (ii) the only real crime that we would be focussed on penalising consistently and severely would be a failure to pay income tax, do you think it would change America as a destination for immigrants? Perhaps it would attract the immigrants that you are happy to share the country with - the hard working law abiding people. Would that be a bad thing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know the Messicans smell like Tortillas and bad beer right
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's OK to lack vision, that's part of what we're willing to bring to the table with us

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replacing a weak leader with has been failed empire doesn't sound like a solution to me.

Obviously the UK lacks vision hence the whole failed British empire thing.  The blind leading the blind does however sound like a plan straight out of the failed British empire play book.    

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#46]
How about you show us how this will work by introducing it in the UK. If you give your subjects freedom and we can see the wonderful results firsthand, then we can talk. Until then keep outlawing anything sharp!! and embrace allah, because soon you won't have a choice about it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#47]
How do you say Fuck You Limey in your language?

oh I've got it "FUCK YOU LIMEY"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#48]
As our Founding Fathers said, "Go fuck yourself."
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

How about you show us how this will work by introducing it in the UK. If you give your subjects freedom and we can see the wonderful results firsthand, then we can talk. Until then keep outlawing anything sharp!! and embrace allah, because soon you won't have a choice about it.
View Quote

We have our own unique freedom. This isn't about liberating us, it's about liberating you.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like a decent plan, but we need to hammer out some of the details.

It's starting to warm up over here, and I know a quaint little spot that would be perfect for a meeting.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top