Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you post on a forum, but don't help support that forum, you are a FSA freeloader.
View Quote
Boom

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you post on a forum, but don't help support that forum, you are a FSA freeloader.
View Quote
Double Boom

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I wear an M9 every so often

Am I a poser
View Quote
I own an ar 15.... I guess I'm one as well

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you want to parade around the mall in full BDU's, knock yourself out- just don't wear crap on it you didn't earn.
View Quote

Even if they do who cares?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wore my dad's Army hat when I was little. Is that okay with you, OP?

I was issued butterbars when I worked security. I hope I didn't offend you too much.

I shot an M-16 a couple of times. Hope that wasn't over the line.

I have an old Marine desert Marpat uniform that was given to me by a retired Master Sergeant. I wore it while we played on the same team in an Airsoft event. Now I feel terrible. Hope he didn't think I was a poser

I have dogtags and Danners too. I've worn them around soldiers but they didn't say anything. I even wore them around lots of soldiers In Afghanistan but they didn't say anything about posing so maybe they didn't notice.

Bite me.
View Quote

Dog tags?!? Why would you have a pair (medical tags excluded)? You sound like a dork not poser.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't give a rats ass if someone who has never served dresses in full BDU's with patches all over.

Just don't care
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And are not in or ever served, you are a fan boy poser.
View Quote

Rough time in the shower private
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is it that every few months we get this same 'tarded thread. OP should feel bad. So people who wear sports jerseys are posers?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
wear bdu's everyday.

work.construction

then get back to me.

clown
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to a Civil War reenactment and saw lots of guys wearing Union and Confederate uniforms, and I'm pretty sure none of them actually served in the war.

View Quote

Went to the Battle of Aiken earlier this year, and some of the union soldiers we spoke with were active duty Army. Maybe they can get a pass.  

I spoke with an STS1 (sonar tech submarines) on the USS Constitution. He didn't wear his dolphins on his old school uniform.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
No. Old BDU pants make good work wear. My Mom used to wear an old boonie hat to work in the garden. Same thing with hunters,etc out in the field.

I have no issues with anyone who's not an obvious poser wearing some old milsurp.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I wear anything I want..fook haters....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why is it that every few months we get this same 'tarded thread. OP should feel bad. So people who wear sports jerseys are posers?
View Quote

I actually think thats pretty dumb, but understand it as people "want to support the team"...using that same logic, people who wear mil attire are supporting the team
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
As others have stated, surplus gear is not a problem. Dressing in a way to portray that you are something you are not, you may get your ass kicked and deserve it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to parade around the mall in full BDU's, knock yourself out- just don't wear crap on it you didn't earn.

I'd think they were an idiot, but I also think people with gauges in their ears and flat bill hats are idiots.  Wear what you like, but you're being judged on your appearance no matter how much it hurts your sensibilities.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Goddamn am I getting sick of all the fucking "I"m a victim and I"m special" veterans.

For fuck's sake, there's a reason they sell all that shit at surplus stores.

I take my 4 sons camping and hiking regularly, guess what? I'm not going to spend a shit ton of cash to buy them outdoor equipment when I can get them acceptable stuff from my own stockpile or from a surplus store. So yeah, go ahead on comment on my boys wearing boots, MARPAT trousers and using old poncho liners and see how that goes down for you.

You're not special. Nobody cares.

The only time when it crosses into unacceptable territory is when someone is legitimately trying to pass themselves off as something they're not.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Goddamn am I getting sick of all the fucking "I"m a victim and I"m special" veterans.

I take my 4 sons camping and hiking regularly, guess what? I'm not going to spend a shit ton of cash to buy them outdoor equipment when I can get them acceptable stuff from my own stockpile or from a surplus store. So yeah, go ahead on comment on my boys wearing boots, MARPAT trousers and using old poncho liners and see how that goes down for you.

The only time when it crosses into unacceptable territory is when someone is legitimately trying to pass themselves off as something they're not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bold bears repeating. I believe it is indicative of the type of "service" people are signing up for these days. The majority are signing up for a good paying job, training, free education, health benefits and "disability". Then expect everyone to kiss their ass for "serving."

Honestly who cares about people faking military service for some BS recognition or a 10% discount? And really, those types do represent a good percentage of the military who are essentially FSA.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Do not agree about that.  However when you start wearing ranks and insignias is when I draw the line.  Unless they are of your own design and organization.

I was in civil air patrol so it does at least make me feel better when I wear the uniform that I know how to wear it properly.

Quoted:
Should be considered stolen valor if you wear camo even though you never served
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Honestly who cares about people faking military service for some BS recognition or a 10% discount? .
View Quote

Really though, we're not even talking about that. We're just talking about people who may wear some surplus gear and aren't even trying to pass themselves off as military.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Really though, we're not even talking about that. We're just talking about people who may wear some surplus gear and aren't even trying to pass themselves off as military.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly who cares about people faking military service for some BS recognition or a 10% discount? .

Teethgnashing.jpg
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
iv been wearing a od green cravat as a sweat band... and my boonie hat while working on my property... im sure glad i have a dd214... so the camo gestappo cant stop and shake me down..

glad they didnt get me when i was a teenager.. 1/2 my clothes came from a surplus store.

is op mad his local militia wont let him be the colonel ?  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Shut up 1 term boots!  Some of my uniforms have more time in service than you!

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I always wondered why he waited until both wars were all but over to join. It makes you wonder...

I honestly think he's "that guy" in his unit. The one that needs constant babysitting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think you understand how much I hate you. Who makes a big deal over a civilian place not accepting a military ID outside someone who wants to be a special snowflake and get attention? Did you join to serve or get a discount with your big mac?

I always wondered why he waited until both wars were all but over to join. It makes you wonder...

I honestly think he's "that guy" in his unit. The one that needs constant babysitting.

Do you normally get this good of a vent on people like this over the internet? If so, I'd enjoy having your skills. You figured me out in two sentences. . .

People at my base hate me and I only joined so I could enjoy the benefits of the Falcon loan program.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you normally get this good of a vent on people like this over the internet? If so, I'd enjoy having your skills. You figured me out in two sentences. . .

People at my base hate me and I only joined so I could enjoy the benefits of the Falcon loan program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you understand how much I hate you. Who makes a big deal over a civilian place not accepting a military ID outside someone who wants to be a special snowflake and get attention? Did you join to serve or get a discount with your big mac?

So you call people out, but hide behind you're little tank icon when you get called out. Not everyone wants or needs that little icon just because they served. I'm sorry that you need it to be "legit."
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering multicam was made available to civilians before soldiers...and now they are using it...

Are soldiers stealing the civilians valor?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

We used to call them hippies
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#29]
When we swapped from BDU's to ACU's I managed to acquire 6 Goretex small parkas for almost nothing. Used them to outfit my niece and all her friends.  Apparently,  the local 7th graders are nothing but  posers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Considering multicam was made available to civilians before soldiers...and now they are using it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a good duffle blog article.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#31]

I used my military ID to get into the zoo for free. Some animals and all that
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So you call people out, but hide behind you're little tank icon when you get called out. Not everyone wants or needs that little icon just because they served. I'm sorry that you need it to be "legit."
View Quote

Where am I calling people out? You're the one that has chosen to be rash and apprehensive for no reason. If you haven't picked up on my passive aggressiveness, maybe I need to try harder. . .
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

….and bingo was his name-o      +1
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a poser...

I wore my dad's camo as a teenager while hunting cats at night.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Me thinks OP created this thread as an Alinsky teachable moment. Or he be trolling.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shut up 1 term boots!  Some of my uniforms have more time and service than you!
View Quote

It's "Time in service".

Goddammit Carl!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]
So the bonnie hat I wear while I work in the yard is a no-go huh?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It's "Time in service".

Goddammit Carl!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut up 1 term boots!  Some of my uniforms have more time IN service than you!

It's "Time in service".

Goddammit Carl!!!!
Fixed hommie

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's up with you turbine? I've noticed you around here, including your temporary time outs.  You seem to have a chip on your shoulder big enough to land a CH-53 on.  Do you need the number to your local VA counselor or something?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#40]
What?

So, if I wear some nice Danner boots for work I'm a poser? Uh, no...just no.

Multicam was popular in the civilian sector for years and years before the US Army decided to start making the switch. So, everyone who purchased anything Multicam now has to send it all to Goodwill?  Screw that.

USAF issues New Balance tennis shoes. Is everyone who wear NB shoes a poser? If a service branch decides to issue Nikes does that mean I can't wear Nikes? Screw that.

OP, you went off the rails with that post. Think before you use the broadest brush in the world and declare something silly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Thread needs more

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty sure you're only a poser if you are doing it with the intent of deceiving people into believing that you served.

Not wearing surplus camo out for hunting and whatnot.

OP is full of butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Technically, I believe they call them Squaddies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never served in the British Army, yet occasionally wear DPM woodland trousers.

Stolen valor, Guv'ner.

Obviously you're a boot.

The Royal Marine Commandos use the term
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because good men have earned the right to wear that shit.

Some at the cost of large pieces of their bodies, some at the cost of their lives.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never served in the British Army, yet occasionally wear DPM woodland trousers.
Stolen valor, Guv'ner.

Obviously you're a boot.

Marines are gonna marine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So the bonnie hat I wear while I work in the yard is a no-go huh?

View Quote

Bonnie hat?

That might be kind of gay (or Scottish perhaps).

I think you mean "Boonie hat."

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stolen valor, Guv'ner.

Obviously you're a boot.

Trivia note:  The Royal Marines like to call themselves "Rock Apes."

Did some work with them once.  Smashing bunch of chaps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I wear one of these pins:

It belonged to my grandfather, who served in the US Air Force.

Am I a poser?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wear one of these pins:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6102017/il_fullxfull.272992961.jpg

It belonged to my grandfather, who served in the US Air Force.

Am I a poser?
View Quote

I hope he didn't wear it looking like that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#50]
What if you're a cop who served and your uniform pants have cargo pockets?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top