Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I want out... give me Arizona or Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Too fucking hot.

Our winters are pretty mild around here.  A couple of cold snaps and then it gets back to the 40's pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Only 49 degrees outside in Palm Beach at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I lived most of my life in Florida. Pensacola, Ft Myers, Miami, and Stuart. I moved to North Georgia a year and half ago and don't regret my decision one bit. I will never go back!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
north florida and south florida are different planets....being born there i'd go back to north florida in a minute
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
HELL YEAH!

Oh Wait......
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell yes
You see this storm headed to CT this week? Politics, taxes, cost of living/ doing business, weather et al.

My best friends and my MIL ate there and. If we could get decent jobs and sell our house without a loss id bolt tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope! Full of derp.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This man knows what's going on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually trying to get moved to vic Ft Walton Beach, Mary Ester, Destin in the next couple of months.

Yep. Much better than the rest of state. Some seasonal climate, beautiful beaches,and the highest gun owner population in the state.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep. Much better than the rest of state. Some seasonal climate, beautiful beaches,and the highest gun owner population in the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually trying to get moved to vic Ft Walton Beach, Mary Ester, Destin in the next couple of months.

The fishing don't suck
AC-130s
Rangers n shit

My BIL was stationed at Hurlburt and still has a house in Mary Esther. Been their a few times, we love it, and it's on the list.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, so I could spend more time with my parents.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]
No, too many asshole NY'ERS moving here screwing up this place.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#13]
My crazy neighbor moved to Florida.
She is bat-shit crazy with a life expectancy greater than mine, so I won't be moving there.
I know it's not like she roams the entire state on a daily basis, but I'm not taking the chance on ever seeing her again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Not only no , but fuck no

I have spent a ton of time in Florida for work over the last 12 years ...here is my short list of reasons why
1. Entitled Florida redneck that thinks he/she was there first, crawl back in your trailer you whiskey tango piece of crap
2. Latino overload
3. Old people go to this state to die
4. Spend any amount of time in this state , and you will realize how crazy some people can be
5. Snowbirds
6. People that bitch about snowbirds
7. American Indians that feel like they should have the state because they were there first
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No. Stay away this State Sucks..
View Quote
Exactly!  Man eating sharks and gators.  Venomous snakes everywhere. Giant cockroaches.  The fishing sucks, the girls are ugly and the beer is always warm.

Move to Texas instead.  It's the most awesomest place ever!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes I would...I freaking hate the cold..
View Quote

Sorry, it was only in the 40s when I woke up this morning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have spent a ton of time in Florida for work over the last 12 years ...here is my short list of reasons why
1. Entitled Florida redneck that thinks he/she was there first, crawl back in your trailer you whiskey tango piece of crap
2. Latino overload
4. Spend any amount of time in this state , and you will realize how crazy some people can be
5. Snowbirds
7. American Indians that feel like they should have the state because they were there first
View Quote

You forgot:

8. Worst drivers around, usually because of the influx of northeasterners
9. Nothing to do outside other than the beach. Most of the times it's too hot and humid to even do anything outside
10. Nothing to look at it. Flat, paved over, strip malls everywhere
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I would...I freaking hate the cold..

Lol, it was 32 here yesterday and I saw multiple people in shorts because of it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#19]
NO.

Too crowded.
It's also full of NY and NJ people that move there and they just destroy everyplace they go.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#20]
The highest point in FL is what.....350 feet?

I couldn't do it. I need mountains for my hobbies/sports.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
<-------- Florida native

Been away for 20 years. I desperately wish to return home
View Quote

Same here, been gone 12 years for this silly job but retirement is now very close and I'm leaving this barren, frozen state and coming back home...

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

2. Latino overload

5. Snowbirds

View Quote

Right on all counts.

Stay away.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#24]
We will take the northern refugees if you guys surrender your guns to me.

I live on the Space Coast and love it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#25]
The warm weather in winter is nice but I discovered that I do not appreciate 90 F + temperatures so summers would suck. The topography would also bother me with its flatness and the fact that everything looks the same everywhere.Combining heat,stucco and the fact that there are way too many people there who kill each other I'm going to say no. Yes,I'll vacation there and watch First 48 episodes from Miami and enjoy the crazy news stories but no desire to live there. Yes,the gun laws are great but I'm actually OK with the much lower risk of needing to use one
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

2. Latino overload
5. Snowbirds
View Quote

#7 is the correct answer and they are right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Exactly!  Man eating sharks and gators.  Venomous snakes everywhere. Giant cockroaches.  The fishing sucks, the girls are ugly and the beer is always warm.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Stay away this State Sucks..

You forgot the 740 pound bear they captured roaming a neighborhood this week.  Yes we have bears....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The highest point in FL is what.....350 feet?

I couldn't do it. I need mountains for my hobbies/sports.
View Quote

Sadly, the highest point in FL is probably a trash mountain!

The good news is that except for some occasional wind (sea breezes?), the bicycling is pretty good. Stay off the roads though unless you have a death wish!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I love saltwater fishing so I'd strongly consider it if I could live in a rural area not too far from the ocean.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#30]
you guys can keep your humidity, creepy giant bugs, and the ever present mosquitos.

i love the desert
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The warm weather in winter is nice but I discovered that I do not appreciate 90 F + temperatures so summers would suck. The topography would also bother me with its flatness and the fact that everything looks the same everywhere.Combining heat,stucco and the fact that there are way too many people there who kill each other I'm going to say no. Yes,I'll vacation there and watch First 48 episodes from Miami and enjoy the crazy news stories but no desire to live there. Yes,the gun laws are great but I'm actually OK with the much lower risk of needing to use one
View Quote

God damn, I love 90 . My parents used to live in fla , when I visited, no one was outside during the day cause it was so hot. Fuck that I'm out doin shit , wondering where everybody is

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope.

I spent 2 years there.  Too flat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#33]
FL is on my short list of places to retire.  I've always dreamed of going deep sea fishing and going bass fishing in the everglades.  If the state keeps getting anymore liberal though, I may have to scratch it off my list.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#34]
old florida? yes.

New florida? no
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry why did this come up and why would I want to?
View Quote

Fuck no.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Few places look better than where I am ..... and none of them are FL
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Hell yes.  It's not my preferred place to live, but it's a long sight better than where the military has me now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I love where I live. I only go to Florida to thaw out a couple of times each winter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Never.  Too hot and no mountains.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Panhandle only.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#43]
It's too full of derp, too hot & I like where I live.
I lived in Naples for a year - no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I miss it sometimes (born and raised in Miami, left the state for grad school).

Life is much easier (and cheaper) outside the Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach bubble. I'm happy to visit but don't see myself ever moving back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Not Florida, no. Despite one of my best friends living there, can't do it. I want to live where it's warmer but not where there are hurricane evacuation routes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Opportunities there with work, we'll see how things go.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#47]
No , already tried it.

-Humidity is my undoing
-I like being near mountains
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?
My brother is considering moving from SC to West Palm Beach
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck no.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes. I would move to northwest FL in a heartbeat.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top