Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God made everything perfect.....man screwed it up with the help of satan and his fallen angels that he led astray.

When man sinned, the curse on the world and man began.  God doesn't tempt people and can't do or look upon evil, everything bad you see today from sicknesses to natural disasters are a result of man's sin.  So whatever you think that you are going pin on God with your question all goes back to evil.

Now as bible thumper, I do have a serious question for God that--if given a chance in Heaven--I would like to ask him.  If satan and the angels led the revolt in Heaven, why not kick them out to the lake of fire and start fresh with new man and woman to replace Adam and Eve?  Why let your creation (man) be led astray and sent to hell, which was made for the devil and the fallen angels?

But unlike some, just because I don't possess the mind of God, I do not feign to lecture God about what is and what can or cannot be.  I believe simply on faith and I get it that God is infinite, I am finite.  God is all powerful, I am not.  God understands everything, I can't even understand women.  I love how scientists use the mind that God gave them to lecture the Creator about what is and what is possible.

Good luck with your quest OP
View Quote

every parent wants their kid to come home for dinner because the child "wants to be there - not because they are being forced"  through Gods plan those that arrive in Heaven will get there because it's their desire to be with their Father.

Now God the Creator is the father a believer serves, but one must remember the lower case very temporary god of this world is the one most serve - his temptation is why the world is screwed.

why would one continually click on a religious thread if they had no faith in religion?  because we all either serve the upper case or the lower case.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Start with John1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.…

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you believe in God answer this:
Did God made everything?

As I was told in church and Sunday school while growing up, God made everything.
Yes or No

Start with John1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.…

In the beginning was the sound [vibration] and the sound was God. All things came into being from the sound, and apart from the sound, nothing came into being because all that could come into being was part of the sound.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
God made everything perfect.....man screwed it up with the help of satan and his fallen angels that he led astray.

When man sinned, the curse on the world and man began.  God doesn't tempt people and can't do or look upon evil, everything bad you see today from sicknesses to natural disasters are a result of man's sin.  So whatever you think that you are going pin on God with your question all goes back to evil.

Now as bible thumper, I do have a serious question for God that--if given a chance in Heaven--I would like to ask him.  If satan and the angels led the revolt in Heaven, why not kick them out to the lake of fire and start fresh with new man and woman to replace Adam and Eve?  Why let your creation (man) be led astray and sent to hell, which was made for the devil and the fallen angels?

But unlike some, just because I don't possess the mind of God, I do not feign to lecture God about what is and what can or cannot be.  I believe simply on faith and I get it that God is infinite, I am finite.  God is all powerful, I am not.  God understands everything, I can't even understand women.  I love how scientists use the mind that God gave them to lecture the Creator about what is and what is possible.

View Quote

The answer to your question is the same as the answer as to why God created this world and man in the first place knowing that everything that has happened regarding sin would happen.  He created all of this knowing he would have to offer himself in the form of his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

He did iit all to demonstrate his mercy, goodness, and love.  He gets glory from those that choose to worship and follow him.  Only a God with unmeasurable mercy and grace could/would save a people as wretched and desperately wicked as we all are inside.  None of us are good, not one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
God didn't lift a finger.  He spoke.
View Quote

Yes.  And he upholds all things by His word.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

As I was told in church and Sunday school while growing up, God made everything.
Yes or No

View Quote

I believe he invented grammar.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well if God created everything then did he create evil?

OP updated to reflect the real question
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

He created creatures which chose evil over good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When your three year-old child asks why the sky is blue, do you get into the science behind it, or do you dumb it down to something a three year-old will understand?

I kinda look at the God and the Bible the same way.  I am the three year-old.  God has to dumb things down so I can understand them with my feeble brain.
View Quote

Agreed.

We see dimly in a mirror, do we not?

But we know that this life, this existence, is but like an acorn that grows into the Oak- A mustard seed of Faith that grows into the largest of trees.

& if you work hard enough, even a 3 yr old can understand condensation Nuclei. Mine did at least. So it is with scripture, I feel, understanding is a matter of the heart, disbelief- a matter of the mind.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

Yes or No

Now edited to reflect the real question I wanted to get answered:

Well if God created everything , did he create evil?

View Quote

Define "evil", and your question can be answered.

While you're at it, define "love" and "truth".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Evil is just a point of view.
Does isis think it's evil? did Hitler? Saddam?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a Christian.

I don't know exactly how to answer your question. I know that God is responsible for all creation, and that the end of it all is ordained. The "hows" and "whys" - I know a lot, but I also know very litte.

That doesn't bother me a bit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More accurately-Ah Satan- or in opposition to Gods will. But he also created his son, his first creation, which chose to do his will, out of his free will.

The Angels were his creation as we know, but he gave them free will as well.

The pattern is clear to see. He loves his creations to love him greater than his desire to have them disobey him, but He wishes their choices to be genuine & true.

It is quite simple really.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes he did, did you read it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes.  Lucifer turned evil...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By their deeds they shall be judged.

& deeds without Love are dead.

These semantic arguments are fun seeing laid out because they hold no truth. They are circular thinking at their finest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#17]
John 1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This.
Think the Big dipper is random? Plants breath out what we breath in? Really? All this?   From nothing?     The complexity in the world says otherwise...
C'mon.
If you don't believe, great. Everything came from nothing...if thats where you are, then great.
Stop hating me because I do believe.
I know, having a moral living American is dirty and icky....blah blah blah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God didn't lift a finger.  He spoke.

This.
Think the Big dipper is random? Plants breath out what we breath in? Really? All this?   From nothing?     The complexity in the world says otherwise...
C'mon.
If you don't believe, great. Everything came from nothing...if thats where you are, then great.
Stop hating me because I do believe.
I know, having a moral living American is dirty and icky....blah blah blah.

See your opinion and reasoning is flawed from the getgo because of your ignorance assuming you are referencing there the bang theory. That's not what the big bang theory assumes. If you don't want to "agree" with or acknowledge or "believe" in the BBT, that's cool. You should at least have the basic idea of something down if you are going to shun it though. It makes as much sense as an atheist saying God and the Devil are the same entity or God hired angels and paid them with liquor to create the Earth though.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

Yes or No

View Quote

Evil isn't a creation. It isn't a "thing." It is a privation, a lacking.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Is evil a thing or a quality of a thing?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#21]
If you have a kid and that kid goes out and commits a murder - does that make you a killer?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
who made God?
View Quote

Not made, but eternal being. He is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I just want to be able to find this thread after the locks are passed out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I cant wait to ask him WTF he made mosquitoes & rattlesnakes???
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm a Christian.

I don't know exactly how to answer your question. I know that God is responsible for all creation, and that the end of it all is ordained. The "hows" and "whys" - I know a lot, but I also know very litte.

That doesn't bother me a bit.
View Quote

He did not create evil, because evil is not something that exists by itself. Evil is a taking away of the whole. God created the whole and allows free will to choose evil, to choose a lacking.

The problem of an omnibenevolent God allowing evil is no easy question, and won't be answered on GD if all places.... y'all could read a book...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The answer to your question is the same as the answer as to why God created this world and man in the first place knowing that everything that has happened regarding sin would happen.  He created all of this knowing he would have to offer himself in the form of his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

He did iit all to demonstrate his mercy, goodness, and love.  He gets glory from those that choose to worship and follow him.  Only a God with unmeasurable mercy and grace could/would save a people as wretched and desperately wicked as we all are inside.  None of us are good, not one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good answer and believe me, I'm not pointing my finger at God in an accusatory fashion.  I suppose that if God removed Satan, then man would no longer have the choice to make.   That I get.

As I've said, I'll take my last breath in this world trusting my eternal salvation to God.  So my question isn't doubt, just lack of understanding.

As I also said up above, I can only draw on my limited human understanding into the mind of God for answers.  As a human father, I would not say bring a pit bull that has demonstrated it's desire to kill home knowing that--given the chance--it would maul my child to death.  I would protect my child at the expense of the pit bull.  So as a matter of my faith, I believe that God has a reason and a purpose that is greater than my mind has the ability to answer.  As a limited man whose love is imperfect, it's my belief that somehow the true answer revolves around God's love.  How, that answer will have to wait.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you saying that there is something in the universe that God wasn't the creator of?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

Yes or No

View Quote

IMO, God created everything, whether you feel the same way is your choice which answers your second question.

God didn't have to create evil, it was given to mankind as a choice, God set the parameters for a moral existence.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A good answer and believe me, I'm not pointing my finger at God in an accusatory fashion.  I suppose that if God removed Satan, then man would no longer have the choice to make.   That I get.

As I've said, I'll take my last breath in this world trusting my eternal salvation to God.  So my question isn't doubt, just lack of understanding.

As I also said up above, I can only draw on my limited human understanding into the mind of God for answers.  As a human father, I would not say bring a pit bull that has demonstrated it's desire to kill home knowing that--given the chance--it would maul my child to death.  I would protect my child at the expense of the pit bull.  So as a matter of my faith, I believe that God has a reason and a purpose that is greater than my mind has the ability to answer.  As a limited man whose love is imperfect, it's my belief that somehow the true answer revolves around God's love.  How, that answer will have to wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your humility and integrity are quite refreshing. To have the integrity to ask oneself such a difficult question without malice  in the heart, and then be humble enough to accept ones inability to know everything, and be patient and faithful for that answer, is truly remarkable. May God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#31]
God created and has formed everything.
Universal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes He did ISAIAH 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

ISAIAH  55:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Define evil

Is evil the absence of good, or is evil a thing unto itself?

Without knowing what evil is, how can you answer the question, or even ask the right question?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Your humility and integrity are quite refreshing. To have the integrity to ask oneself such a difficult question without malice  in the heart, and then be humble enough to accept ones inability to know everything, and be patient and faithful for that answer, is truly remarkable. May God bless you and your family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best post of the night, thank you and right back to you and yours.

I do know that the Bible clearly states that Jesus coming an dying on the cross wasn't God's plan B--God doesn't have a plan B.  God has the unique ability to see past, present and future.  The Bible states that from the foundation of time, this world was created for Christ and Christ was never a second string in God's plan B.  Again, knowing the relationship and closeness that Jesus had with God and the Holy Spirit, it goes back to love that God would send his son to die for us.  We don't deserve it.  

I see God's love in sending Adam a helpmate in Eve as a recognition of the companionship God was missing--why he made man to begin with.  It all fits in together, we just don't have all the pieces.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I got the local pasture with this one the last time I talked to him,
How long did it take God to make Earth.
90% will say 6 days, I love pointing it out that no that was everything.
Then it leads into my next question

How many earth years did that take? look at me more puzzled and say no, just 6 days, I reply with if it was not here and he was making it it could not have been measured in earth years, the bible tells us that one day in heaven is 1000 years on earth, so I argue it took him 6,000 years to create everything, or you can argue it took him six days in heaven to lay-forth his plans and 6,000 years for the angles to carry it out.

People believe what they want and of God can see the future he knew Satan would fall and man will commit sin, be cast from Eden, no I would say he did not create it but knew it would be part of mans tribulations.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#36]
God made man, man does evil.

....and good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I believe God created the "start" of everything.

Ever since he has been sitting back with the popcorn and beer to see where things end up.
View Quote

This is most likely the answer. We are his favorite TV show

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
In the beginning was the Word (Or the word of God = Anointed One),
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
All things were created through Him, and apart from Him,
not one thing was created that has been created.

The Word and Testimony of Saint John the Revelator
Saint John's Gospel; 1: 1-3 (DCE)
The Word of God: The Eternal Christ was with God in the Beginning
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#39]
He gave man free will, the ability to choose, some people choose poorly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

More accurately-Ah Satan- or in opposition to Gods will. But he also created his son, his first creation, which chose to do his will, out of his free will.

The pattern is clear to see. He loves his creations to love him greater than his desire to have them disobey him, but He wishes their choices to be genuine & true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus was not created.  Jesus IS God.  The Holy Spirit is also God.  

John 1:1 and John 1:14 should make It perfectly clear that Jesus is God.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Like most things in life, this question can be answered by an AC/DC video
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#42]
i guess god created 'the gays' as well...
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#43]
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all these things."

Behemoth (band) has a shirt with that printed on the back.  Great conversation piece.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
       In for the shit storm!

ETA: Answer: no idea.... I'm a science guy. However, I also have issues with nothing creating everything  

View Quote

Your statement is not Biblical as far as the Bible doesn't account for the creative process with that type of reasoning.
It doesn't say that.
It says that God created yet makes no mention of what forms of materials and energy used initially or even right now and in the future.
What you study and observe now is the created evolution of the process of God creating.
Even nothing is something when it is undiscovered, unknown, and has been thought to not exist by some of the evidences shown.
Science is good.
Science could be better.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#45]
If God really exists, why is there an ARFCOM GD?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

Yes or No

View Quote

I created the light and the darkness.  I created that which is good, and that which is evil.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If God really exists, why is there an ARFCOM GD?
View Quote

Because like Edi Amin and others, God has a sense if humor too....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#48]
God created other beings who had their own wills.  Under their own will they committed evil disobeying God. Thus evil entered creation.  I'm not seeing a logic-issue.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Cold is an absence of Heat.

Dark is an absence of Light.

Evil is an Absence of Love.

God created heat, light, and love. The opposite of those did not have to be created,

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I created the light and the darkness.  I created that which is good, and that which is evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did God made everything?

Yes or No

A great teaching here if anyone understands about the evil thing in creation.
You cannot have a so-called free-will in a corrupted environment without the presence of rebellion towards God.
By the spiritual method and law.
The kingdom of God is an absolute monarchy and of this you may be assured.
Only One can keep His law at all times and in all circumstances..
We cannot and are in subjection to it.
This will not come out well for some.
We are not totally free and most people know this
Page / 9
Top Top