Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The guy should be in jail not just fired.

Agreed.

So has she ever come out and said why the head of the state troopers was fired?  For some reason I doubt it was 'payback' for not firing her ex BIL.  From what I've heard so far, she shook up a lot of things when she took office.

She never said why

I think it was a payback

Yes She has
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep hearing crap from my libtard pals that she's "under investigation".  It's all over the left wing media...and its all bullshit!

Mark my words...this woman is going to mean the difference in this election.  She is squeaky clean, smart as hell, conservative and damn fine looking.

Since most of our electorate likes beautiful people, she already has one beautiful leg up...so to speak!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
HR,
 Keep up the outstanding work! You are an asset to this board.

Best regards,

Link Posted: 8/30/2008 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
interesting read... thanks....
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I just copied and pasted the whole thing HiramRanger posted on the comcast forums. I'm not sure how much good it will do. Also added how the damn libs are making nasty shit up about her. So far the forum is 9 pages long.

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/blog/article?message.uid=2340039

over 1800 posts over this.

Ok this thread started off funny. Its a pic of a black bear sitting at a picnic bench and the text is;

This photo evidences a disturbing trend
that is beginning to affect wildlife in the U.S.

Animals that were formerly self-sufficient
are now showing signs of belonging to
the Democratic Party - as they have apparently
learned to simply sit and wait for
the government to provide for their care and sustenance.

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=TheCoffeeShop&thread.id=845778

Link Posted: 8/30/2008 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Paging Ripak....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=748289

Originally Posted By Ripak
She has no power base She is a new comer in so far as She has only been a Mayor and a Governor for a few years.
She has a problem with a Top Cop (Cop is badge heavy) that She wants off the force. That is a haunting she is dealing with ( because of how she dealt with him) right now.

Still got a problem with her?

In this case.
Only in the fact that She did use her power as Gov to try and get this POS LEOfired and whenThat prson would not do this  She fired that person for that he would not do.

I guess I do in this respect.

Look She's no all bad but that 1% is there.

Fair enough, thanks for the honest response.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Public_Safety_Commissioner_dismissal

Thank You.
I believe this to be true in what is written, as far as I know .

~Ripak
An Alaskan
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The guy is 35 and divorced 4 times!

A-  He is a real asswipe

B-  he is really unlucky

I'll take A for 1.000 Alex!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Question
When did The BIL become a POS LEO? Was it before or after her sister decided to divorce him?

I Happen to know some cops. Worse thing that could happen to them is to get a divorce.

For example
He shot a moose illegally
versus
he shot a moose using his wifes hunting tag and she was right next to him when he did it

He drank in his state trooper car
versus
he drank in his Police car while off duty when it was sitting in his driveway
State troopers here bring their cars home and park them on their driveways

The issue is did she abuse her power as governor to get her sisters husband fired from a job. I also think that if you looked up the stats LEOs have a far higher Divorce and suicide rate than the rest of us mere mortals

I like her looks especially holding a M-4,  That doesnt make her qualified to lead us

Answered my own question

The troopers' investigation into Wooten began after Chuck Heath -- Wooten's father-in-law and Palin and McCann's dad -- alerted troopers about a domestic violence protective order McCann had obtained against Wooten on April 11, 2005. McCann filed for divorce the same day, according to the court docket.

The trooper had not physically assaulted his wife but intimidated her and threatened to shoot him, Heath told troopers, according to a memo about the complaint.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure if it has been posted, but here is a video of her reaction where she says "I did nothing wrong, bring it on."

linky
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not sure if it has been posted, but here is a video of her reaction where she says "I did nothing wrong, bring it on."

linky

Some of the coments on that video already show how brain dead the loonies are:

She is a religious extremist and a criminal. She doesn't deserve her present position as governor much less the vice president. She is trailer park trash that somehow rose through the ranks of alaska politics ( Her looks? Her mouth?) Now McCain looks so ridiculous and desperate.. Stupid republican BS. McCain / Palin makes Bush / Cheney look like reasonable respectable leaders and that is scaring the shit out of me.

Wondering "how" Palin got to where she is?  Nobody has explained how Obama did.  He's the turtle on the fencepost.  

Another comment states that the Dem ticket has 40 years of experience, compared to only 24 years on the Repub ticket.  *sigh*
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#16]
"Wooten is 35...has been married and divorced four times."

This is all you really need to know. The guy's a loser...
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Good thread, Thanks  
Headline on "Trooper Gate"
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legislators are seriously considering hiring an independent investigator to examine whether Gov. Sarah Palin, her aides or her husband pressured commanders to fire Trooper Mike Wooten, and whether she then fired the state's top cop when Wooten stayed on the job. Palin denies anything like that happened.

OK, so let's presume the worst...

Let's say that Palin did pressure the State Police to fire Wooten and that she did fire the head of the State Police because he didn't fire Wooten. Is that a crime?

Not in NY, the Superintendent of the State Police is a political appointee and serves at the pleasure of the Governor.  Firing the Superintendent for not keeping their subordinates in line is an appropriate response, it is dereliction of duty.  Was Sarah personally invested in this case?  Absolutely.  That personal investment however afforded a rare opportunity to address a problem which is probably more common than we think, but continues to go on because the abused and threatened spouse does not have the connections to bring it to an end.  That's not a knock on cops, most cops I've known would be repulsed by Wooten and his behavior.  The reality is, just as with doctors, lawyers, janitors... there are a portion of them that are abusive in their domestic relationships.  This is made worse when the person has a badge and a gun and a union that will back them no matter what.

I would like to thank all the LEOs on this board that affirmed this is not acceptable and that Sarah did the right thing.

Hiram, supposedly she claims she fired the supervisor for reasons unrelated to the brother in law. I know it's wikipedia, but if it turns out her people contacted the supervisor about the bro in law, then she shitcanned him "coincidentally" for other reasons I think this might have more legs than it originally appeared as that attack does not focus on the bil, who appears to clearly be a dumbass at a minimum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Public_Safety_Commissioner_dismissal

Middle America will not care.

Threatened her father, tazered her nephew is justification for most folks to use your position of power to take out a threat to the family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got done watching Larry King, the MSM is rying everything they can to make this into something. Their was also new electronic evidence mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just got done watching Larry King, the MSM is rying everything they can to make this into something. Their was also new electronic evidence mentioned.

there is a potentially larger problem brewing right now, the Palins were members of an Alaskan Independence Party in the 1990s and Sarah has addressed their convention.  One of the planks of the AIP is independence for Alaska and calling for a vote to remain a state or become an independent nation.  ABC News has it on their website.

ETA... I should mention, even the AIP leadership does not know if the Palins supported the independence plank of the party or were members because they also support states' rights and more Alaskan control of federal lands and the natural resources contained therein.  The leader of the party acknowledged many members do not support secession.

So they have nothing but the fact that she was a member at one point of a party that had sucession as plank but apparenty as you say, the party leader saids many don't suport such a action.

In other words just more rumors and vile bullshit ammo to be spewed by the left? The only way we will know is if a video surfaces is what your saying correct? ....I do certainly hope this isn't true.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there is a potentially larger problem brewing right now, the Palins were members of an Alaskan Independence Party in the 1990s and Sarah has addressed their convention.  One of the planks of the AIP is independence for Alaska and calling for a vote to remain a state or become an independent nation.  ABC News has it on their website.

ETA... I should mention, even the AIP leadership does not know if the Palins supported the independence plank of the party or were members because they also support states' rights and more Alaskan control of federal lands and the natural resources contained therein.  The leader of the party acknowledged many members do not support secession.

So they have nothing but the fact that she was a member at one point of a party that had sucession as plank but apparenty as you say, the party leader saids many don't suport such a action.

In other words just more rumors and vile bullshit ammo to be spewed by the left? The only way we will know is if a video surfaces is what your saying correct? ....I do certainly hope this isn't true.

here is the recent video of her that was sent to the AIP to address their convention.  It is in my mind innocent and potentially exculpatory.  What they will do is drag out the party platform that says secession and combine it with her recent remarks where she was asked if she would consider running for VP if asked in which she said she would have to know what was in it for Alaska... the motto of the AIP is Alaska first.

A good ad man could do a VERY damaging piece with this.  Would it be a game ender?  No, but it has potential to do damage in ways that a lot of the trash they have dredged up can't.

I certainly hope this isn't game ender. Maybe this will piss the 527's off and will remind Middile America of what Chairman Obama has said about bitter americans and his wonderful moral compass pastor wright.

Lets keep our fingers crossed gentlemen, the left is royaly pissed lets hope they provoke the conservative 527's.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#29]
thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about this until my dad mentioned it to me during dinner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#31]
You know what? None of this is going to matter.

W had WAY more baggage than Palin does and he won two terms as president.

Clinton had WAY more baggage than Palin does and he won two terms as president.

If Palin does well in the debates with Biden (which is pretty much impossible not to) then she will be fine.

People don't vote for the VP, they vote for the President and in the end I think that there are going to be a lot of people who won't pull the lever for Obama.

I really truly believe that this is McCain's election to lose now, and I have yet to see a campaign where stupid personal scandals cost the nominee the election. Policy and the perception that one candidate will truly make things better for Americans is what will decide this election.

All of this mud slinging isn't going to get Osama anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I think its too early to play this card but the Dems are desperate.  I think they are very worried about the odd pre-convention momentum McCain is getting in this race.

Obama didn't get much of a bump from his convention and McCain grabbed the attention the day after the convention ended by trotting out a "surprise running mate".

How much pro-Obama press are we seeing right now?  None.  It's all about Palin.  Obama lost ground because he couldn't handle the scrutiny over the past few months.  If she comes out of trooper-gate relatively clean, it'll be great for the McCain ticket.  

Palin has the potential to energize the Republican ticket (she's more conservative than McCain, she's a she, she's still pretty hot) which is something VP candidates rarely do.  What voters did Biden bring to the table that Obama didn't already have?

Biden, as the senior senator with all the experience, actually may have his work cut out for him in the debates.  People expect Palin to be the underdog so she will actually win the debates if she keeps it close.  But Biden runs the risk of alienating voters (especially soccer moms) if he comes off as arrogant or condenscending towards Palin - the old beating up on a woman perception.

If McCain can package her as an "every woman" she can rock the ticket.  I think the biggest negative out there for her is her beauty pageant history...that's something that some women would hold against her and stereotype her as someone who got there on her looks rather than her merits.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So she helped her sister out when her sister's husband was a dickhead with a badge?  Am I understanding that correctly?

and threatened to kill his father-in-law if she got a lawyer to divorce him.

This is a great article, and thanks to the OP for pasting it for us.

What struck me the most was this.

Here's a woman whose family is in a rough spot.  Her sister calls her, and she hears, through that call, her sister's husband threaten to shoot her father if he gets involved.

How would Hillary respond to that?  Would anybody call her, in the first place?  Then how about someone like Obama or Biden?  They might call the police.  More likely, they'd suggest that the sister can live with them, or something, to stay safe.

What's this lady do?  Knowing that her sister's with a violent, armed, man?

She *GOES OVER THERE* and watches over her sister from outside, and makes sure she's safe.

Granted, it's not much different from what most people here would do.  But she's going to be the vice president, and possibly the president.  This is a woman who genuinely seems to have courage and compassion.  Not from watching Oprah, but from being a good, and strong, person.

I thought that was interesting, in these days of zero tolerance, and always retreating.  She instinctively goes TOWARD the violent, armed, guy.  I'm positive that President Bush would, too.  In fact, he sort of did, that time he waded into some foreign security thugs to help his bodyguard.  But I can't think of many other politicians who would do that sort of thing.  And certainly no liberals.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In before the JBT Defenders.

As a LEO I think this guy was a fucking moron and an insult to the badge....

She did the right thing trying to get his ass fired.

+1...on both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Sorry I'm too lazy to post it, but check the A.P. Wires..... There's a story explaining the vetting process on Palin there. For an A.P. story, it is very positive for Palin/ McCain.
Should piss the left off.

Goodnight!
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#36]
As well as a very good WaPo article Here about the vetting process.

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder who was Obama's drug dealers were?
What kinds of drugs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]

• Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

• He illegally shot a moose.

• He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

• He told others his father-in-law would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

So what is Wooten's arfcom name?

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's a couple of fresh points:

1  Monegan was NOT terminated.  He was offered a different position (demotion) and chose to resign.  I think this is a very important fact being left out of the discussion.

2  When people talk about how this should have been handled better, they mean that Palin had an aide offer the demotion to Monegan instead of doing it herself.  I believe she may have been out of state at the time.  Early on, she also stated that she did not pressure Monegan to fire Wooten.  She probably did not, but it seems her husband and staff did.  Not that I care, the douche should be fired.  There are a few rotten apples in the troopers and they all need to go.  Sarah funded a bunch of new positions to raise a fresh crop and Monegan did not fill them.  Instead he wanted money for goodies and whiz bang stuff.  This is likely the reason he was let go, not that is matters as our Governor has the ability to dismiss any of the commissioners for any reason.

I believe the attack and phony investigation to be the result of the Dims seeking to attack any potential VP candidates early on.  Sarah has been a great governor and will make a fine VP.  Palin for President 2016
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Any more news on the AIP? I have the feeling the MSM is going to do a little "tit for tat" because of how the messiah's speech was drowned out by Palin being picked as the VP. I guess more then anything if the MSM is up to something with this they will want to unleash just after the convention to drown out any speech from McCain or Palin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#45]
noted
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Today Sarah's attorney was on our local talk radio.  The guy needs to GET HIS ASS ON CNN, FOX, MSNBC, AND THE LIKE.  He was awesome for 25 minutes.

1.  Monegan said last week to the Anchorage Daily News that NO ONE pressured him over Wooten.  Not the Governor, not Bailey, no one.

2.  The person chairing this "investigation" Hollis French, Democrat Senator, told ABC news YESTERDAY that "a damaging report about Sarah Palin will be released on Oct. 31" even though NOTHING has started yet!  No emails reviewed, no people interviewed, nothing.

3.  Monegan filed No Complaint of any type against anyone; therefore under state ethics laws there can be no "investigation".

4.  The legislature is insisting on an investigation because they have a question of impropriety.  This is in direct violation of Alaska State Law and the Separation of Powers.

5.  Under the state constitution Walt Monegan served "at will" and could be terminated at any time for any reason.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

He's a father of young children who has been married and divorced four times.

"The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession,"

• Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

• He illegally shot a moose.

• He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

• He told others his father-in-law would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

Those incidents included: a reprimand in January 2004 for negligent damage to a state vehicle; a January 2005 instruction after being accused of speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely and not using turn signals in his state vehicle; a June 2005 instruction regarding personal cell phone calls; an October 2005 suspension from work after getting a speeding ticket; and a November 2005 memo "to clarify duty hours, tardiness and personal business during duty time."

he needed fired..

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#50]
dbl
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top