Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 39
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why u need facts brah?  It's obvious the evil JBTs set up the crash so they could kill the bull AND the owner in one fell swoop.

I bet the deputies had cargo pockets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs a lot more details about this altercation.

Why u need facts brah?  It's obvious the evil JBTs set up the crash so they could kill the bull AND the owner in one fell swoop.

I bet the deputies had cargo pockets.

Never go fill cargo pocket...

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oh I thought by your previous statement you knew what happened, not a theory.  My bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that the deputies failed to control the situation.

How so, what happened?
My theory :

Subaru hits bull. Someone calls cops.   Dispatch calls rancher.

Deputies show up and instead of immediately getting rid of the threat they start fucking with the occupants of the Subaru.

Bull is out of control.

Rancher shows up with rifle, dispatch should have informed the deputies right.

Instead of letting the rancher take care of the bull they pull the TBL card and refuse permission. Argument starts.

I  would have told him just don't shoot me or anyone else. It is your bull you take care of it.

Oh I thought by your previous statement you knew what happened, not a theory.  My bad.
Actually to be fair the root cause of the problem was a fucking Subaru and it's operator.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Need more facts to better understand who should be dead.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Still waiting on your insight into this incident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so, what happened?

It would seem the rancher with the fudd rifle is dead, he didnt get run over, the bull didnt gore him, reports say the cops shot and killed the rancher in a dispute and his bull is dead plus his old lady is in critical condition having a heart attack after learning her husband was shot to death by sheriff deputies  

Another win for the blue line.  

Still waiting on your insight into this incident.

Well, the only thing I can add is quite possibly the the ranchers wife could die too, talking about a shit day...
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn.

Did the rancher show up at the scene with a rifle in his hands ?

This is a hard one to take, but at 62 years old you should have a handle on your emotions and NOT confront a situation such as this brandishing a weapon.
I doubt he was shot because he was unarmed, rather he escalated the situation with his own poor judgment and paid the price for it.

Black Angus steaks anyone ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What does that mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that the old man showed up with his rifle to put down the bull, the deputies went derp, and the old man wound up dead.

It says there was an altercation which kinda rules out that if by that you're saying he showed up with a gun and the deputies thought he was there for nefarious purposes and just shot him.  Sounds like there was an argument.  Who knows.  We need more facts.

There was going to be an "altercation" after he was shot dead, regardless of what actually happened.

Still need facts, not saying an altercation didn't happen, just who knows at this point.

What does that mean?

Precisely what he said. No matter if the guy was shot over incompetence or if they had a legitimate reason for shooting him that the story would be the same. That's not real tough to grasp. Come on man.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There was going to be an "altercation" after he was shot dead, regardless of what actually happened.

Still need facts, not saying an altercation didn't happen, just who knows at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that the old man showed up with his rifle to put down the bull, the deputies went derp, and the old man wound up dead.

It says there was an altercation which kinda rules out that if by that you're saying he showed up with a gun and the deputies thought he was there for nefarious purposes and just shot him.  Sounds like there was an argument.  Who knows.  We need more facts.

Well, considering the news story claims both the deputies AND the deceased rancher discharged their weapons, I'm willing to bet the cops didn't just drop him right off the bat because he showed up with a rifle.

We need more facts, but seeing as they all discharged weapons, I'm guessing something happened that caused tensions to reach that level.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Except there are presumably multiple witnesses if the article is correct, and the cops were aware he was coming since they (dispatch) called him, and one of the officers was supposedly hit as well.  Everything points to an altercation....just like the article states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old man shows up, gets pissed that the cops want to shoot his cow?

Sounds like a cluster.

Orrrrr he showed up to put the bull down, the cops saw a rifle and shot him. If that's the case we may never hear about it.

Except there are presumably multiple witnesses if the article is correct, and the cops were aware he was coming since they (dispatch) called him, and one of the officers was supposedly hit as well.  Everything points to an altercation....just like the article states.

Thin blue line at it again. You know the old man was murdered by trigger happy deputies when he showed up with his rifle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, the only thing I can add is quite possibly the the ranchers wife could die too, talking about a shit day...

View Quote

One side went home safe(r).

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's not real tough to grasp.
View Quote

It is when you don't subscribe to confirmation bias and you're aware that other witnesses were present.  You're basically claiming, and rather nonchalantly that cops lie in every instance that they fuck up. Nice!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thin blue line at it again. You know the old man was murdered by trigger happy deputies when he showed up with his rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a cluster.

Orrrrr he showed up to put the bull down, the cops saw a rifle and shot him. If that's the case we may never hear about it.

Of course he was. He was probably holding a cherry pie he had brought the deputies.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, considering the news story claims both the deputies AND the deceased rancher discharged their weapons, I'm willing to bet the cops didn't just drop him right off the bat because he showed up with a rifle.

We need more facts, but seeing as they all discharged weapons, I'm guessing something happened that caused tensions to reach that level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coupled with the fact a cop in ID that's posted in this thread stated one of the cops was injured (by a bullet graze), I think I could draw a decent guess at what actually happened. I don't operate from the default belief that cops are out to kill Americans every chance they get though. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Of course he was. He was probably holding a cherry pie he had brought the deputies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a cluster.

Forgot the sarcasm smiley. Don't oppress me bro
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops today....lol.

Oh so you know what happened?  By all means.

Do you? Bunch of question marks at this point.

The rancher would disagree
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is when you don't subscribe to confirmation bias and you're aware that other witnesses were present.  You're basically claiming, and rather nonchalantly that cops lie in every instance that they fuck up. Nice!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kinds of eyewitnesses that cops claim don't know shit and didn't see what happened because eyewitness testimony is garbage? Come on dude. Try harder. My point was that if the cops had set out to murder this guy for whatever reason, they would of justified it by saying he intended to use lethal force on them. The other side to my point being that if this guy set out to kill these cops that their story would be the same.

I don't know WTF happened here exactly. Just that I haven't really got any skin in the game. Kind of obvious who does.

Also, to claim that cops lie in every instance that they fuck up would be a rather safe claim to make.

"I's sorry, I's reeeeeeeal guitly" is kind of a tough defense.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The area where the bull was hit is open range, Zollman said, and darkness had fallen by the time the Subaru crashed into the black bull in the roadway.

WTF this makes no sense. On a public road. What more bs to the story?
View Quote

Idaho has an open range law. If you hit a livestock animal in an open range area, you pay for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the Bull make it then?

Add the wife to the list, she had a heart attack and is in critical condition after she got the news Pa was shot dead.

+1

BARFCOM GD can joke all it wants, but I'm very sorry to hear this story.  I work with the ranchers in the area and in that part of the county and state. I've been out by this family's place and people out there are generally excellent folks.  They also are pretty damn independent people who typically don't deserve the wrath of a bunch of juvenile shit heads on AR15.com.  They are pretty like-minded folks over there, but perhaps a bit more compassionate.

Will wait to hear more when I head over there next.  No matter how this went down, it's a tragedy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
From the comments:

Jack, Donna and Rowdy, Donna's nephew, showed up to take care of their bull. Jack was bent down and a second from shooting the bull when a cop grabbed him from the back and spun him around. He shot Jack in the stomach and the other cop shot him 4 times in the chest. The cops were standing behind Jack. Donna and Rowdy rushed down to Jack and the cops threw them face down on the ground and had guns to their head. Between what happened to her husband and the rough treatment, she had a massive heart attack. She was life flighted to Boise. She had another last night. This story came from Jack's nephew and it was told to him by Rowdy. The sheriff wanted Rowdy to change his account. The bull (becoming aggressive) seems key to the story but it wasn't even in the account I heard from Jack's nephew. There was crew trying to get the people out of the car that hit the bull. This sounds like a big coverup to me (the news account). I just can't understand how those cops could have done that. We seem to get the ex military rambos around here. I've heard plenty about these deputies being difficult. I don't know how Donna is doing. I hate to bother the family. I am pretty close to her and I'm so worried she isn't going to make it.(This is a post on FB)
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1

BARFCOM GD can joke all it wants, but I'm very sorry to hear this story.  I work with the ranchers in the area and in that part of the county and state. I've been out by this family's place and people out there are generally excellent folks.  They also are pretty damn independent people who typically don't deserve the wrath of a bunch of juvenile shit heads on AR15.com.  They are pretty like-minded folks over there, but perhaps a bit more compassionate.

Will wait to hear more when I head over there next.  No matter how this went down, it's a tragedy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the Bull make it then?

Add the wife to the list, she had a heart attack and is in critical condition after she got the news Pa was shot dead.

+1

Kinder...maybe. But certainly not smarter. I wouldn't take a shot at a cop for one. That's a good start.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From the comments:

Jack, Donna and Rowdy, Donna's nephew, showed up to take care of their bull. Jack was bent down and a second from shooting the bull when a cop grabbed him from the back and spun him around. He shot Jack in the stomach and the other cop shot him 4 times in the chest. The cops were standing behind Jack. Donna and Rowdy rushed down to Jack and the cops threw them face down on the ground and had guns to their head. Between what happened to her husband and the rough treatment, she had a massive heart attack. She was life flighted to Boise. She had another last night. This story came from Jack's nephew and it was told to him by Rowdy. The sheriff wanted Rowdy to change his account. The bull (becoming aggressive) seems key to the story but it wasn't even in the account I heard from Jack's nephew. There was crew trying to get the people out of the car that hit the bull. This sounds like a big coverup to me (the news account). I just can't understand how those cops could have done that. We seem to get the ex military rambos around here. I've heard plenty about these deputies being difficult. I don't know how Donna is doing. I hate to bother the family. I am pretty close to her and I'm so worried she isn't going to make it.(This is a post on FB)
View Quote

I found the Harry Potter novels more believable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
From the comments:

View Quote

That story doesn't account for the deceased discharging his weapon nor one deputy being grazed by a bullet.  This isn't even taking into account how ludicrous that whole thing sounds (they closed distance with the deceased, went hands on and then shot him for no reason? ).

Sounds more like "Ma rancher dindu nuffin!"
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:04:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From the comments:

View Quote

Whatever biased fucktard that wrote that probably knows just enough about the family to sound in the know. I'll wait for the real story (and evidence) to come out. If an officer was also shot then that entire post is worth as much as you paid to read it. Gotta love the ex-military comment. Some of these fuckers are off their rockers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#24]
"Deputies were getting ready to put the animal down when the bull's
owner, 62-year-old Jack Yantis, arrived on the scene with a rifle."

The deputies who shot Yantis have been placed on paid leave. Their names have not yet been released.

Both people inside the Subaru were taken to a Boise hospital by air
ambulance. Their conditions are unknown. The bull was killed, although
authorities are still investigating whether a bullet from Yantis' gun or
one of the deputies' weapons killed the animal.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/02/isp-investigating-officer-involved-shooting-in-adams-county/75036826/

Maybe when the owner showed up he didn't think the bull needed to be put down and that started an argument between him and the cops?

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#25]
The blue line wagons are circling....
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The kinds of eyewitnesses that cops claim don't know shit and didn't see what happened because eyewitness testimony is garbage? Come on dude. Try harder. My point was that if the cops had set out to murder this guy for whatever reason, they would of justified it by saying he intended to use lethal force on them. The other side to my point being that if this guy set out to kill these cops that their story would be the same.

I don't know WTF happened here exactly. Just that I haven't really got any skin in the game. Kind of obvious who does.

Also, to claim that cops lie in every instance that they fuck up would be a rather safe claim to make.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like other first responders? Oh really, cause I have seen the opposite, to include myself.  On this we can definitely agree.

Why should I try harder to presume?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
From the comments:

View Quote

I'm sorry but, that comment is from the BLM propaganda wing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You mean like other first responders? Oh really, cause I have seen the opposite, to include myself.  On this we can definitely agree.

Try harder?  LOL, I don't have to.  What a load of hysterical derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not. Don't even need smileys to make that apparent.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#29]
That story doesn't account for the deceased discharging his weapon nor one deputy being grazed by a bullet. This isn't even taking into account how ludicrous that whole thing sounds (they closed distance with the deceased, went hands on and then shot him for no reason? ).

View Quote

I don't recall seeing anything saying the deputy was hit by a shot fired by the rancher.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Mess with the bull, get the horns?

Also, IN.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol. Why, because some clueless posters have theorized a couple different scenarios, and it's been pointed out none of them jive with the reported facts?  

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#32]
When you dont know the facts....guess.

Guess mostly towards your own Political leanings. I know when I have an issue over livestock its probably best to not press it with a rifle in my hands. My own opinion, do what you want.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

lol. Why, because some clueless posters have theorized a couple different scenarios, and it's been pointed out none of them jive with the reported facts?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What reported facts? The media barely has any facts and people are just making them up as they go to justify their standpoint.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that it? You have made a very convenient little world for yourself I guess.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't recall seeing anything saying the deputy was hit by a shot fired by the rancher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That story doesn't account for the deceased discharging his weapon nor one deputy being grazed by a bullet. This isn't even taking into account how ludicrous that whole thing sounds (they closed distance with the deceased, went hands on and then shot him for no reason? ).

Never claimed that was the case.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What reported facts? The media barely has any facts and people are just making them up as they go to justify their standpoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right, there hasn't been much released yet in the way of facts.  That's why I'm even more astounded that the majority of the theorized ideas thus far haven't been able to jive with the minimal info we do have.

There's only like 2 or 3 tidbits in that news article and people still can't seem to account for them in their theories.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, it is the blue line here saying they don't know what happened and to wait on more facts.  It is you and a few others who have made the assumptions, and circled the wagon around a narrative.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one where I don't take obvious sides in spite of not having all of the facts? Convenient? I guess.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the end of this thread, the deputy that was reportedly shot will have been shot in self defense by the rancher.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The one where I don't take obvious sides in spite of not having all of the facts? Convenient? I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh is that what you call it? Yea, you're a regular fountain of objectivity.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You literally made the claim that every cop will always lie if he fucks something up and then try to sell us the "I'm not taking sides" line?

How rich.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

By the end of this thread, the deputy that was reportedly shot will have been shot in self defense by the rancher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up yet.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd say up to this point I have been. Sorry for insinuating the possibility that the police officers responding were not 100% right in every possible facet. Shucky durns what a maroon I am.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#44]
In before ranchers hands up don't shoot?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#45]
The wife had a heart attack over the incident. She in the hospitol herself in serious condition
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From the comments:

I can believe it.  If the bull was down he was going to put it out of it's misery, what any person who has and cares for livestock would do.  I have personally been ordered not to shoot a hit animal by a deputy.  Cops are idiots when it comes to shit like this.  I think it comes from them thinking they are the only ones that should have a gun on scene.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Holy fuck what mess.

Dead over a damn bull. What a waste.

The fact that everyone discharged means one of two things.

Rancher ND'd and everyone lost their shit, or rancher did something extraordinarily stupid and had a response.

Either way lives changed forever, over a fucking bull......

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn.

Did the rancher show up at the scene with a rifle in his hands ?

This is a hard one to take, but at 62 years old you should have a handle on your emotions and NOT confront a situation such as this brandishing a weapon.
I doubt he was shot because he was unarmed, rather he escalated the situation with his own poor judgment and paid the price for it.

Black Angus steaks anyone ?
View Quote

This is not a situation where carrying a rifle is inherently "brandishing a weapon".   He might very well have done something stupid - probably did just that - but simply having a rifle would not be unusual.

I would go so far as to say responding to a report that one of your livestock got hit by a car and not bringing a firearm would be sort of stupid.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That or possibly the deputy was accidentally shot by the other deputy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:00:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, we always shoot people for no reason whatsoever.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top