Dog tacos?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Mexican hispanic checking in.

I don't hate the other "hispanics" I don't like illegals as much as anyone else, and I know cubans have a temper.. but NM was pretty well isolated for a few hundred years so we don't really haven't been influenced as much as others. hell, even the spanish spoken here is ancient, with very little modification from other countries..  we have our own spanish dictionary

http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Mexico-Southern-Colorado-Spanish/dp/0890134537

the flag in my Avatar was the first flown over whats now "New Mexico".

Just recognize mother fuckers, our Chile is superior.

Sororan "menudo blanco" sucks. Menudo rojo es lo mejor.

Props for "tacos de perro" though.

Dog tacos?

Sounds Tasty and Nasty at the same time.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All I know is that Cubans get testy when you call them mexicans.
View Quote

You'd have to go to Cuba to do that, no?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yet all the countries still blame Spain for all of their problems.

Spain stole our gold. that's why we are poor.

Spain killed our people.

If you can't get your shit together after +150 years of independence it's your own fault.
View Quote

Sounds like parts of the the Southern US.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Fuck ya'all!

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
So Ted Cruz isn't going to lock up the Mexican vote?

Say it ain't so .........

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Puerto rican here. Born and raised in san juan.

Our archenemies are the Dominicans.

They speak spanish, but goddamn it all to hell I can't figure out half the shit they ramble on about.

People say they're dumb as rocks. I always reply that such may be so, but they're hard workers and they are motivated. Which is preferable a thousand times over being smart as hell but also lazy as a sloth.

The situation speaks for itself as they are a major tourist spot and have a relatively good economy... WITHOUT federal aid from the US.

Anyway, there is only one group I truly loathe and will not associate with unless totally unavoidable:

NUYORICANS.

They make my goddamned blood boil. Everything from the way they talk to the way they dress and interact with others, they all think they're hilarious comedians (they're like Carlos Mencia but worse) and they think they're "tough" or that their shit don't stink because they live in New York City.

They go off speaking broken-ass spanish and pretend that they're 100% puerto rican so they can have a parade where they assault women sexually and berate people.

You ask them anything about life on the island or issues on the island and they don't know what the hell they're talking about. If you ask most of them, it turns out they were only born there, or not even that.

Cocky pricks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is rather funny to hear some very non PC statements come out of Hispanic people when talking about other Hispanics from another country. Same thing with Asians.
View Quote

I heard a lot of that from my Iraqis about other Arabs.

"He is a stupid Egyptian!"

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's nothing, maybe a minor squabble. If you want to really see a reaction, call a Puerto Rican a Dominican!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Want to see some sparks fly??

Call a Puerto Rican a Mexican.

That's nothing, maybe a minor squabble. If you want to really see a reaction, call a Puerto Rican a Dominican!!!

This.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I grew up in Cutler Ridge, FL.  One day, while at work, a group of Cuban employees were talking about the various Hispanic groups, which went pretty much exactly like this thread. When they mentioned Mexicans, I had never known any Mexicans at that time (1980's), so I asked, "how can you tell a Mexican from a Cuban?".  The response was similar to asking how many cocks their mother smoked per day.  For the sake of CoC, I'll omit the answer that was given.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fuck that.  If it's strictly sparks we're talking, and keeping it in the hemisphere, call a Dominican a Haitian.

And there is no argument:  Venezuela has the most beautiful women in the world and is the only country that knows how to properly prepare arepas (I'm talking to you, Colombia).
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck that.  If it's strictly sparks we're talking, and keeping it in the hemisphere, call a Dominican a Haitian.

And there is no argument:  Venezuela has the most beautiful women in the world and is the only country that knows how to properly prepare arepas (I'm talking to you, Colombia).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I like areperas myself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#12]
AFN is telling me more than I ever cared to know about Cesar Chavez and his ilk.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AFN is telling me more than I ever cared to know about Cesar Chavez and his ilk.

View Quote

What's AFN?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:25:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Armed Forces Network, part of AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio and Television Services).  They take broadcast television from the states and rebroadcast it to .mil and Dod personnel afloat (like me - .civ) and overseas.  The caveat is, no commercials allowed, so all of the down time is filled with .gov PSAs/propaganda for all kinds of things.  Flavor of the Month announcements are some of that propaganda.  You can find quite the assortment on youtube.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Terminal Lance comic about it, too.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:34:38 AM EDT
[#15]
As a Californio (that's Spanish Californian here since before the colonies were even real colonies) I say with pride, none of you lesser "latinos" are worthy of cleaning my boots.

Happy Hispanic Heritage Whatever

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Even in most Hispanic countries no one wants to be associated with being an Indian, and people are uppity about their European ancestry. This might be the same reason none likes being called a Mexican, sorry Mexicans.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#17]
What kind of New Mexican doesn't know what tacos de perro are?

Sheesh. Get your asses to aguaprieta and learn (hint- they're not actually made with dog)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Even in most Hispanic countries no one wants to be associated with being an Indian, and people are uppity about their European ancestry. This might be the same reason none likes being called a Mexican, sorry Mexicans.
View Quote

Where I'm from every Mexican gal wants to have babies with "colored eyes"...

It was my goal as a young man to help many of them get practice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]

The problem is the Mexican/Central American Indian Hispanic Culture is different from the Cuban Hispanic culture which is different from the Spanish (Original) Hispanic Culture. Oh yeah, are the Portugese (Portugal and Brazil) considered Hispanic Too?

Which one are we celebrating again?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It funny to me how decisive Spanish and French speaking countries are yet the Anglosphere is fairly united and friendly with one another.
View Quote

I assume you mean "Divisive"  and not "Decisive" or your post doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All my fellow Hispanic Arfcommers... Let's educate the rest of the world that there isn't one "Hispanic Culture". In reality we all hate each other and are fiercely nationalistic. So on that note....

As a Cuban, we are like Texas except we're louder and more annoying than Texans. Fuck you all.... we're the best out of the Spanish speaking population. We have the best music, food, dancing, women (I agree that Venezuela and Brazil produces primo quality T&A that can be compared to Cuban women), and alcoholic drinks!

Also Wet Foot / Dry Foot Bitches!

Next!

View Quote

¡VIVA CUBA, CARAJO!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The problem is the Mexican/Central American Indian Hispanic Culture is different from the Cuban Hispanic culture which is different from the Spanish (Original) Hispanic Culture. Oh yeah, are the Portugese (Portugal and Brazil) considered Hispanic Too?

View Quote

The issue here is simply that many in the Anlgosphere believe there is one unified Hispanic Culture. When in fact their isn't. I don't personally have issues with other Hispanic nationalities but I sure as hell don't like being mistaken as others.

While here it is harmless fun... out in the real world that shit will cause fights.

ETA

The Iberian Peninsula was known to the Romans as the Peninsula of Hispania. Hence the term Hispanic. Portugal is from the region and Brazil was a colony of Portugal.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#23]
CUBAN FOOD FTW!

When I visited Miami, I went to a restaurant that served cuban food. Also, no one that worked there spoke english. There were extremely nice and an old couple sitting next to us introduced themselves to us and helped us navigate the menu which was in spanish and broken english. Had a great time and had great food. IMO experiences I had with Cuban-Americans were great.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The issue here is simply that many in the Anlgosphere believe there is one unified Hispanic Culture. When in fact their isn't. I don't personally have issues with other Hispanic nationalities but I sure as hell don't like being mistaken as others.

While here it is harmless fun... out in the real world that shit will cause fights.

ETA

The Iberian Peninsula was known to the Romans as the Peninsula of Hispania. Hence the term Hispanic. Portugal is from the region and Brazil was a colony of Portugal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

People in general try to summarize an area. I am willing to bet that the majority of ARF.com thinks the culture is the same and the language is the same through out Louisiana.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sheesh. Get your asses to aguaprieta and learn (hint- they're not actually made with dog)
View Quote

asked my pops, a older cousin and a friend. no one else has ever heard of Tacos de Perro, all of them looked at me like

so what kind of New Mexican doesn't know about a bizarre MEXICAN food from a remote area. well at this point no new mexicans I've asked have a clue what that is.

New Mexico is not Mexico. we were more of a spanish outpost on the moon, then a extension of mexico.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
CUBAN FOOD FTW!

When I visited Miami, I went to a restaurant that served cuban food. Also, no one that worked there spoke english. There were extremely nice and an old couple sitting next to us introduced themselves to us and helped us navigate the menu which was in spanish and broken english. Had a great time and had great food. IMO experiences I had with Cuban-Americans were great.
View Quote

Post a nude pic and see how quick that changes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I assume you mean "Divisive"  and not "Decisive" or your post doesn't make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It funny to me how decisive Spanish and French speaking countries are yet the Anglosphere is fairly united and friendly with one another.

You would be correct.

I wrote that post using my phone and I tend to make a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes when typing on my phone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

asked my pops, a older cousin and a friend. no one else has ever heard of Tacos de Perro, all of them looked at me like

so what kind of New Mexican doesn't know about a bizarre MEXICAN food from a remote area. well at this point no new mexicans I've asked have a clue what that is.

New Mexico is not Mexico. we were more of a spanish outpost on the moon, then a extension of mexico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol poor you then. Tacos de perro are good.  Odd that you'd get your panties bunched over a yummy (and hardly bizarre, it's meat and potatoes) taco.  Y'all on the gringo side of the border must consider your tacos to be serious bidness...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh joy.... my 88 year old Grandmother in law is visiting. Her fucked up mumbling Puetro Rican Spanish is like nails on a chalk board. Fucking PRONOUCE and ENUNCIATE your words damn it!

She's worse than an Argentinian.  
View Quote

Clearly all of the black beans and inferior Cuban alcohol has damaged your central nervous system to the point you cannot understand plainly spoken Castillian Spanish as is customarily spoken in Puerto Rico. You shoudl see a neurologist STAT!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I don't and neither does my wife. We both look at Brazil as that odd place that's really fun and wild.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hispanic?   Well I guess it beats learning specific details about people.   So much easier to lump a giant portion of the world's people together according to an artificial and meaningless criteria.
Why do you consider Brazilians "hispanic?"  They speak Portuguese and are a former colony of Portugal.  Not Spain.

I don't and neither does my wife. We both look at Brazil as that odd place that's really fun and wild.

Though Brazil is Hispanic since they come from the Iberian Peninsula which in Roman times was known as Hispania.

According to the US Government, people from Brazil and Portugal are not hispanic.

Hispanic or Latino - A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.

http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo1survey/2007instructions.cfm

I think they qualify as "latino" though.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Though Brazil is Hispanic since they come from the Iberian Peninsula which in Roman times was known as Hispania.

According to the US Government, people from Brazil and Portugal are not hispanic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hispanic?   Well I guess it beats learning specific details about people.   So much easier to lump a giant portion of the world's people together according to an artificial and meaningless criteria.

Why do you consider Brazilians "hispanic?"  They speak Portuguese and are a former colony of Portugal.  Not Spain.

Then they surely must be.
Roots in Iberia, they are hispanic.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  That is why they say "hispanic or latino".

They qualify as "latino" but not "hispanic".

The U.S. Office of Management and Budget currently defines "Hispanic or
Latino" as "a person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, South or Central
American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race".[14]
This definition excludes people of Portuguese origins, such as
Portuguese Americans or Brazilian Americans. However, they are included
in some government agencies' definitions.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/124257-supreme-court-definition-of-hispanic/

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Clearly all of the black beans and inferior Cuban alcohol has damaged your central nervous system to the point you cannot understand plainly spoken Castillian Spanish as is customarily spoken in Puerto Rico. You shoudl see a neurologist STAT!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh joy.... my 88 year old Grandmother in law is visiting. Her fucked up mumbling Puetro Rican Spanish is like nails on a chalk board. Fucking PRONOUCE and ENUNCIATE your words damn it!

She's worse than an Argentinian.  

¡No!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What happens when a Cuban gets a flat tire?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, 65th RRC - my old command - (301st MP Co. 1995-2003) Buncha FUCKING DRUNKARDS WITH BADGES, BRASSARDS AND ATTITUDES.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Im white but ive dated a few chicks who were mexican (hispanic).  the current 1 is as well.  They were all "legal" they parents were legal and so on.  like most of our family line, they came over the right way over 100 years ago and started a new life here in America.  OMG, whenever there is something about illegals (being AZ, there is a lot) they will go OFF on them.  I know straight up  racist white people who are more reserve then they sometimes get.  always funny to hear the current g/f's grandma just randomly yell something in spanish to someone who you can tell is still wet from crossing the river.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All I know is that Cubans get testy when you call them mexicans.
View Quote

Yeah they do! I dated a Cuban chick, she was not right in the head. She always referred to Mexicans as "dirty Mexicans", and they were part of her family in some way, cousins or something. I didn't pay much attention, was busy planning my escape.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#41]
original Hispanic Spanish Texan checking in.
My family was part of a group of Families that immigrated from the Canary Islands to San Fernando de Bexar in 1731, that today, we call San Antonio, Texas.
none of which helped me avoid getting an F in High school Spanish
yet as a kid working flea markets in Eagle Pass Texas selling crappy Chinese tools to Mexicans I spoke Spanish just fine.
o well. I support my heritage to this day via.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never been to Asia?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My aunt is Mexican (met and married my uncle when he was in the Navy in Viet Nam.)  Man, she hates some Cubans and Puerto Ricans like a mofo.  She would always make comments when we were little kids.  What is the beef between Mexicans and Cubans/Puerto Ricans or is she just odd?

The most racist people that I've met have been Latin Americans.
Never been to Asia?

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread title.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Wait, the brown brothers aren't united?  Tell me it a it so..

The Cubans messed up when they went for independence during the Spanish American war instead of statehood..
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Wait, the brown brothers aren't united?  Tell me it a it so..

The Cubans messed up when they went for independence during the Spanish American war instead of statehood..
View Quote

Actually that was because of Senator Teller and the Teller Amendment....

"...those who opposed annexing territory containing large numbers of blacks and Catholics, those who sincerely supported Cuban independence, and representatives of the domestic sugar business, including sponsor Senator Henry Teller of Colorado, who feared Cuban competition."

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#46]
You have a point that I must grant you. Thanks for reminding who I must blame for me not owning a house overlooking the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

We used to ask if you were a communist when you enlisted with the idea of keeping them out.

Now we glorify communists in the military.  Awesome.

Forward!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh wonderful !  I can hardly wait to meet the new members of the "FSA".

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top