Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So if my computer shits the bed and all my tax info and tax programs are gone does that mean I don't have to pay this year?  
View Quote
Sounds great man!  You go first, okay?

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I run a backup and recovery team. Sure they "lost" them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"...most transparent administration, ever!"

View Quote

The emails are so transparent you can't even see them

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Unbelievable.

(not really)

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"...most transparent administration, ever!"

View Quote

It ain't the administration.  It's the whole damned city.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh huh. Computer glitch and those are the only ones lost?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i52.tinypic.com/332qz6h.jpg

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Hey, Mr. IRS auditor, I lost all that stuff when my computer died last month.  No problem, right?"

See how that goes.  
View Quote

This was my thought. How the fuck does the worlds largest collection of bean-counting tightass accountants loose ANY record of ANY kind.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#12]
...almost as if the idea of a "litigation hold" was something they'd never heard of before.

Heads should roll.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Lying sacks of shit

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone believe anything these fucking morons say anymore

Computer crash? No server back up?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Sort of like how Ray Lewis "lost" the suit he was wearing that fateful night.  But hey, why not, right?  I mean, it's not like anybody is going to do anything.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I work in a data center, and their statements about her email being lost due to the hard drive on her PC crashing are not credible.

I strongly suspect those emails are still available on lots of backups and archives.

I strongly suspect they are lying to cover up how they stole the election in 2012.

ETA: this appears to be an impeachable offense, but I wouldn't hold my breath....
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Bullshit.

<- enterprise email geek
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I work in a data center, and their statements about her email being lost due to the hard drive on her PC crashing are not credible.

I strongly suspect those emails are still available on lots of backups and archives.

I strongly suspect they are lying to cover up how they stole the election in 2012.

ETA: this appears to be an impeachable offense, but I wouldn't hold my breath....
View Quote

Obama and holder are playing the "doze ain't my pantz" game.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
For those that are not IT savy, please understand that the loss of those emails is basically impossible. I won't tell you who I work as that would get myself into shit. However, I know the Federal IT space very well. If those emails were deleted from their Exchange servers, there is a backup and multiples.....and stored offsite at a seperate secure facility. If they were truly missing these emails, they would be missing all the IRS internal emails from that year. This is total bullshit and people need to call the Congressman and demand feet be held to the fire until the data is returned.  To be honest, Federal Exchange servers are supported by highly trained staff (especially the help they receive from a certain private organization).
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

100% correct
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For those that are not IT savy, please understand that the loss of those emails is basically impossible. I won't tell you who I work as that would get myself into shit. However, I know the Federal IT space very well. If those emails were deleted from their Exchange servers, there is a backup and multiples.....and stored offsite at a seperate secure facility. If they were truly missing these emails, they would be missing all the IRS internal emails from that year. This is total bullshit and people need to call the Congressman and demand feet be held to the fire until the data is returned.  To be honest, Federal Exchange servers are supported by highly trained staff (especially the help they receive from a certain private organization).
View Quote

I wouldn't ask my congressman to hold feet to fire, I'd ask him to put them in the fire completely.  The shit they are pulling here is 100% corrupt.  They might as well have a mouth-full of pot sitting in front of a drug warrior.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Smarmy little cocksucker.

I'm going to do my damnedest to keep the nation fucking awesome just to spite your ugly fucking face
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]
The balls on these mother fucking scumbags have no bounds.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Why do we bother pursuing scandals? The Republicans won't push this all the way, the public won't know about it due to the media ignoring it, and there will be no repercussions for anyone.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Another email admin here that works for a .gov contractor.

Pro tip: Just because you delete your .pst doesn't mean your emails are gone from the archives.

Is there seriously any doubt the IRS doesn't have all emails archived in multiple forms from 10 years ago and longer?

This is about as silly as withdrawing $100 from an ATM, ripping up the receipt, and proclaiming "ha! no proof of the withdrawal exists!".
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#27]

They're not even trying anymore.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

100% correct
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% correct

Exactly. The Republicans in control of the committee need to nut up and GO AND GET THE DATA THEMSELVES. Stop letting flunkies controlled by your enemies handle the evidence of their wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Thuban  (in the other thread)
Bull fucking shit.

Her e-mails would have been stored on an Exchange server, a server that would have had a hard drive array with redundancy and would have been backed up in multiple ways.
View Quote

I wish I knew enough about computers to understand this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bull fucking shit.

Her e-mails would have been stored on an Exchange server, a server that would have had a hard drive array with redundancy and would have been backed up in multiple ways.

Basically blaming it on a computer crashing means they are 100% FOS. Pure desperation delay move at this point.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#31]
The lies will go on until they don't even bother with that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The lies will go on until they don't even bother with that.
View Quote

They will go on until they feel that they no longer need them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#34]
How can a computer crash selectively delete certain email messages ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Hey, Mr. IRS auditor, I lost all that stuff when my computer died last month.  No problem, right?"

See how that goes.  
View Quote

silence serf, stop being such a counter revolutionary
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bull fucking shit.

"Exchange server" is a Microsoft product, it is the dedicated email computer on that network.
It is NOT located on Lois Lerner's PC, it is a device that is shared between all of the PCs for email.
The Exchange server is backed up separately, usually every day and at least once a week.
It would also normally have redundant disc drives with data duplication in case one disc drive fails.
If I lost over a years worth of email for one of our users, I would probably be fired for incompetence.
The company I work for is being sued now and we have been forbidden to delete any emails or throw away any hard drives.
Every last email is being read by opposing groups of lawyers to determine if a certain promise was made to any employee.  
I am certain that IRS has a better data backup policy than we do here, so I am certain they are lying.
We have redundant backups, redundant disc drives, offsite data storage--I am certain the IRS does too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

They're not even trying anymore.
View Quote
They don't have to try.

The Democrats hold the Senate, the House has shown that it has no teeth and the Press is continuing to cover for them. They know that nobody is going to be held accountable for any of this.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd fucking bust a rib laughing my ass off if Snowden were to suddenly 'find' them and make them public
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Why would the republicans schedule this meeting for a Friday? Everyone knows when you want to keep it off the evening news you do it on a Friday in DC. With the GOP's open contempt for the tea party it makes you wonder if those "lost" emails weren't just to dems.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
...as if the federal government email system is POP3.

You can always tell an enemy's assessment of your intelligence by the caliber of the lies they tell you. These guys think we're fucking idiots.
View Quote

The shoe fits, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

...as if the federal government email system is POP3.

You can always tell an enemy's assessment of your intelligence by the caliber of the lies they tell you. These guys think we're fucking idiots.
View Quote
Well, we are....or at least the majority...and that's all that matters isn't it....?

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Just get copies from the NSA.

How hard is that?

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very true, and that's NOT funny.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I would guess that at least half a dozen hard drives would have to fail simultaneously in order them to have lost her emails. Not including tape backup drives, backups to other WAN locations, etc.

For example: let's presume she has a laptop, from which she can send criminal emails while she's getting drunk at the country club with his Excellency. The laptop would have a secure connection (VPN) on which she would access her IMAPP email account. That mail server would be in a secure IRS datacenter. It would have RAID arrays, and be backed up at least nightly. It would be in a secure location, in a climate-controlled room, accessible only by the network/server admins. A typical scenario would be that mail server 1 backs up to server 2, if they are using RAID 1 arrays, that's a bare minimum of 4 hard drives that would have to fail simultaneously. One would presume that they would also have tape drives, and otherwise total fail-safe redundancy throughout their networks.  My example is a rudimentary bare minimum.    

The odds of them "losing" those mail server records, is about the same as everyone in GD winning the lottery on the same day.

We've got an administration straight out of a banana republic.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#50]
First of all, it's not a .pst file, it's an .ost file. I can see why you work for a .gov contractor!!!!
They are claiming her hard drive crashed....bullshit!!!
All they have to do is install a new PC w/ Office w/Outlook. Start Outlook and choose to configure an exchange account. Enter the Exchange server name and user name (it's built in to verify the both). Once the user name and server are verified, continue the Outlook configuration and Outlook will find the Exchange server and sync the data. Depending upon the size of the data file, w/in a short period of time, Outlook will populate all the folders including inbox, sent items, ect....
If the user account cannot be verified, than the account on the server has been disabled/deleted. Yep....transparency in action.
It's as simple as that!!!
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top