Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Human Target is one of my favorite shows.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, OP is waiting, and if he is promised over the phone from states away that changes will be made, he will believe it and not reveal the name based on the word of someone who doesn't have the decency to return his call in any sort of timely manner.

OP has bigger problems than being muzzle swept.
View Quote

I hear that there's one like him born every minute.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would a judy-chopped him.

View Quote

From across the room? Ida ninji-stard him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Happened to me. Guy point a rifle right at me and pulled the trigger. Inside a local gun shop. I yelled at him and told him I'd rip his arms off and beat him to death.

I almost hyperventilated. I was very angry. I think angriest I've ever been. He got fired.

ETA
OP, out the shop. I don't want to go in there. Help us out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This.  It's not hard and I don't care how busy the store is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a busy store it's impossible to avoid being a target sometimes.

You know that's a ridiculous statement.  Four Golden Rules, no exceptions.

ETA:  Haha, I was beat by 6 seconds.

This.  It's not hard and I don't care how busy the store is.
There are always places to safely point the gun, like the wall behind the counter.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? Point the weapon upwards, that fucking easy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth - ten salesmen where I work, seven on one side , three on the other. You have a gun pointed at you from somewhere all day. Add in the customers handling them and its a circus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth - ten salesmen where I work, seven on one side , three on the other. You have a gun pointed at you from somewhere all day. Add in the customers handling them and its a circus.

This is so not fucking true. I've been in shoot houses with two teams of five for hours that are as big as any living room without flagging a single person through hours of walkthroughs. It's called muzzle awareness.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Smells like testosterone and bullshit up in here tonight with all the chest thumping, ass kickings that would be dished out or better yet, the draw downs and so called justified self defense shootings that would occure if it happened to the tough guys on here. hahaha

I've been muzzle swept before in gun shops and I've always been polite and brought it to their attention saying something to the effect of, "You should always be careful where you point the muzzle, safety first." People would smile and apologize because many check the chamber and then get careless with the muzzle since they know it's empty and others don't check but make the rookie mistake of assuming it's empty because it's a new gun.

People make mistakes, especially people unlike many on this board because not everyone is a gun nut like we are. I wouldn't have been pissed, I'd have just mentioned to the guy about being safe even with an unloaded firearm. I wouldn't have verbally abused him, kicked his ass or tried to get him fired. People make mistakes and yes at times it could be a deadly mistake but 99.9% of the time, the mistake is made with an empty gun.

It's easier to be polite and educate people than to be an asshole because people never listen to a screaming asshole.
View Quote

Wrong.  People listen, and remember, because you made an impression.

Ask anyone who went thru any military boot camp.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to mention that our two candidates for president could fit that description also.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smells like testosterone and bullshit up in here tonight with all the chest thumping, ass kickings that would be dished out or better yet, the draw downs and so called justified self defense shootings that would occure if it happened to the tough guys on here. hahaha

I've been muzzle swept before in gun shops and I've always been polite and brought it to their attention saying something to the effect of, "You should always be careful where you point the muzzle, safety first." People would smile and apologize because many check the chamber and then get careless with the muzzle since they know it's empty and others don't check but make the rookie mistake of assuming it's empty because it's a new gun.

People make mistakes, especially people unlike many on this board because not everyone is a gun nut like we are. I wouldn't have been pissed, I'd have just mentioned to the guy about being safe even with an unloaded firearm. I wouldn't have verbally abused him, kicked his ass or tried to get him fired. People make mistakes and yes at times it could be a deadly mistake but 99.9% of the time, the mistake is made with an empty gun.

It's easier to be polite and educate people than to be an asshole because people never listen to a screaming asshole.

Totally different environment, people are there to learn and the instructors are authority figures. In the real world, the asshole screaming at you just pisses you off and you don't give a fuck what he has to say. It's much easier to educate someone if you take the time to explain something to them calmly and respectfully.

Remember most people make the mistake of sweeping someone with a muzzle in a gun shop out of ignorance, not malice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.  

Stupid people playing with guns is why we can't have nice things.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#12]

OP the time for correcting bad behavior is when you see it, When the perpetrator of it is directly accessible. You should have firmly and calmly explained to him why it will never 'alright' to point a gun at or near someone just because it's 'safe' and 'unloaded'. Then recited the four rules and the reasoning behind them.

Maybe next time.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
You used "so" three times in the first two sentences.
So, you meet the ARFCOM standard of cool

storytelling.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Totally different environment, people are there to learn and the instructors are authority figures. In the real world, the asshole screaming at you just pisses you off and you don't give a fuck what he has to say. It's much easier to educate someone if you take the time to explain something to them calmly and respectfully.

Remember most people make the mistake of sweeping someone with a muzzle in a gun shop out of ignorance, not malice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  People are going to blow you off because you aren't imparting the seriousness of the situation.  They will interpret your actions to mean you are timid and weak.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP  File a report with the police.  What he did IS a criminal act.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They don't give a flying fuck about what you have to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seven hours later no return call or message.

What's the hive think?  Call this store until the owner talks to me?  Request that they fire this idiot?  The lack of safety obviously bothers me but it makes it worse that he was showing a customer his poor safety.

This
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Ask to see a gun and then point it at him.  Get all up in his face with it...and when he barks...tell him it's OK.  It's empty.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seven hours later no return call or message.

What's the hive think?  Call this store until the owner talks to me?  Request that they fire this idiot?  The lack of safety obviously bothers me but it makes it worse that he was showing a customer his poor safety.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#20]
They're not going to do anything.  

You are wasting your time.

You're 100% right.  I'd never go back and I'd tell people on the internet.   Personally I don't see anything wrong with exposing the name of the store.  That's one of the wonderful things about the internet, consumers telling other consumers information.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Several years ago, I was walking down an aisle at a gun show, heard some idiot making machinegun noises, and looked toward the sound to see a rifle pointed at my head.  Doofus was demonstrating how to fire the rifle with the stock folded, as part of his sales pitch to a customer.

It was the tables with guns that smelled faintly of smoke, from the gun store in Smyrna (the locals will know which store, from that description).

Bought my first handgun from that store, something like 30 years ago.  At that moment, I decided I would never again set foot in that store (if they rebuilt it after the fire).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen the same thing happen at more gun shows than I care to think about.

Several years ago, I was walking down an aisle at a gun show, heard some idiot making machinegun noises, and looked toward the sound to see a rifle pointed at my head.  Doofus was demonstrating how to fire the rifle with the stock folded, as part of his sales pitch to a customer.

It was the tables with guns that smelled faintly of smoke, from the gun store in Smyrna (the locals will know which store, from that description).

Bought my first handgun from that store, something like 30 years ago.  At that moment, I decided I would never again set foot in that store (if they rebuilt it after the fire).

Don't you mean LaVergne? And yes, the shop was rebuilt. John even comes out here to Knoxville to shows now.
Used to live in Murfreesboro and go into that shop when his prices were somewhat reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Day 2
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LOL.  People are going to blow you off because you aren't imparting the seriousness of the situation.  They will interpret your actions to mean you are timid and weak.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try it your way and see how it goes. All I can say is, if some asshole I didn't know came up yelling and screaming at me, I'd bust him in the mouth and knock his dick in the dirt. Then again you're right, I'd remember that as I was telling my friends while laughing about it afterwards. lol

Just remember, not everybody tolerates assholes screaming in their face. YMMV
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't you mean LaVergne? And yes, the shop was rebuilt. John even comes out here to Knoxville to shows now.
Used to live in Murfreesboro and go into that shop when his prices were somewhat reasonable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen the same thing happen at more gun shows than I care to think about.

You talking about Specialty Arms 2? If so I bought my first handgun from them as well about 24 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Try it your way and see how it goes. All I can say is, if some asshole I didn't know came up yelling and screaming at me, I'd bust him in the mouth and knock his dick in the dirt. Then again you're right, I'd remember that as I was telling my friends while laughing about it afterwards. lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You point a gun at me, you will be lucky all I do is yell at you.  If you try to hit me, then you will be a full fledged member of the Sucking Chest Wound Club.

You initiated the threat, I will neutralize it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How often do people get shot inside a gun store with a display gun?

Serious question.

https://youtu.be/KUonA66btgI

Yeah I'd like to know the story on this.  I've never seen it before.  Looked like the mag was loaded to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#28]
<Removed -40xb> Next time tell a fucktard to unfuck himself.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Unfortunately this was a work trip so that wasn't an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should have bladed at 45 as soon as you saw the red dot.

Unfortunately this was a work trip so that wasn't an option.

That's a rough employer if they are controlling the movements of your body.......
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You point a gun at me, you will be lucky all I do is yell at you.  If you try to hit me, then you will be a full fledged member of the Sucking Chest Wound Club.

View Quote

LOL I'm sure that'll work out just the way you think it will. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And?

How much did you charge them for your silence?

Mine would not have come cheaply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a similar encounter last summer at a lgs on the outskirts of Atlanta--

Walked in, and was standing at the end of the gun counter, and then..... BOOOOOOM!!!!

It was a bit disorienting, so it took a full two seconds or so to notice that one of the employees behind the counter had a AR SBR in his hands, still pointed in my general direction, and his eyes were as big as saucers.

Found the bullet hole right above my head.

The manager came out, and asked me "How much to buy your silence?", while another employee grabs me by the shoulders and proclaims "GOD IS WITH YOU!!!".

I just turned around and left.  Dunno if they fired the moron who was playing with a loaded rifle, but I suspect not.

My ears are still ringing from the experience.  A permanent gift they gave me.

And?

How much did you charge them for your silence?

Mine would not have come cheaply.

The correct answer to this question was...

"Silence, huh. That's kinda funny. You see I was just thinking I needed a new suppressor and some night vision."
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
LOL I'm sure that'll work out just the way you think it will. Good luck with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bless your heart.  I hope you learn about life before it fucks you over.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Seriously, I've handled many guns in crowded Cabelas and sportsmans wearhouses. Never once had I been forced to point a gun at someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So people walk on ceilings?  

Seriously, I've handled many guns in crowded Cabelas and sportsmans wearhouses. Never once had I been forced to point a gun at someone.
You know I did forget about that one Lionel Ritchie video!

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#34]
What the fuck does the Glock have to do with this story?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Guys, OP updated his post to include the LGS, so ya'll can stop whining.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's why I'm getting sick of gun stores, at least the ones with other customers in there. I get so sick of having guns pointed at me by retards.
View Quote

This includes the staff, I was at LGS about a year ago, customer brings in pistol interested in selling;

clerk checks to see if it is unloaded while opening the action, muzzle pointed at me standing about 25 feet away

Fuckers

In retrospect I don't think the clerk saw me, I was kind of standing half covered by a group of rifles on a rack, but I was clearly visible if he had taken the time to actually look.

Did I say fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guys, OP updated his post to include the LGS, so ya'll can stop whining.
View Quote

You must be his besty

Guy comes in on his soap box purse swinging like a champ and refuses to name the shop even after being so offended and we're the ones that are whining
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#39]
So roughly 24 hours later and no naming of the store. Calling BS on OP's story for a troll thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So roughly 24 hours later and no naming of the store. Calling BS on OP's story for a troll thread.
View Quote

Op updated his post with a link to Highsmith Guns

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#41]
The employee may have been apologetic over the phone, but he's still an azz-hole.  His flippant attitude says it all.  I'd still complain.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Go read the OP again.

He didn't get swept.  They were putting da beamz on him for target practice and then made a joke about it being unloaded.  I'd be livid too.

Tell us the name of the shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This (getting swept) happens all the time at gun shows. You get used to it, or you stop going to gun shows.

Go read the OP again.

He didn't get swept.  They were putting da beamz on him for target practice and then made a joke about it being unloaded.  I'd be livid too.

Tell us the name of the shop.
Seems like you need to read the OP again.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Pretty much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would be pissed, but I would chalk it up to "not my problem." Once I was safely out of the store, I would t bother to keep calling but that's just me.

Pretty much this.
This

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, WTF!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cue the badassinhere.jpg

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#46]
OP???   Echo.........echo........echo.........echo.......
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Just saw that OP named the store.

I have been there once to use the range.  My impression was that it was a cool place, decent range, I don't remember what the price was but they gave me a discount from their posted rate for paying cash.

It's been a while since I have been there, probably 8 months or so, but the guys working there were cool, I did some browsing and they asked several times if I wanted to see anything.  I did not get swept by anyone.  

I thought it was a nice place and I would go back but there are places with ranges that are closer now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#48]
You kind of feel like a fuckin candy ass now though, don't you.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I had the owner of Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville muzzle me and then kicked me out of his store for being upset about it.  He was taking the rifle in on pawn and didn't even know if it was loaded or not.  I've never returned and when I posted it in the HTF mostly folks just called me a liar because he's a nice guy and wouldn't do something like that.  Pretty bad when people who handle firearms daily have such horrendous lapses in judgement.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh ok missed that.
Page / 4
Top Top