Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to clarify one thing. A person can take an NFA item to another location and store them in a locked container that only they had access to and stay legal. The fact that OP is now a prohibited possessor is entirely another story.
View Quote

No question.  Kinda doubt the gun shop is going to lock up his stuff and give him the only key though.

And even if they did, he's still is retaining possession.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/149463/IMG-0307-98345.JPG
H
Maybe it's best if OP sells his guns and takes up golfing.
View Quote

This is kinda what I'm thinking. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just to clarify one thing. A person can take an NFA item to another location and store them in a locked container that only they had access to and stay legal. The fact that OP is now a prohibited possessor is entirely another story.
View Quote

OP claims he will build himself a standard AR with funds from sale. Is there a temporary prohibited status?

Screw it I'm going to the gum store to pick up a bazooka joe.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He's not, he's now a prohibited person based on his other posts.

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op has to be trolling

Kharn

Please enlighten us. I'm listening.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
In on the shitshow.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op has to be trolling

Kharn

This
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
In   
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op has to be trolling

Kharn

This

+1
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

See the previous page.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh shit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

See the previous page.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See the previous page.

Bwahahaha.

So what I'm reading is that he's prohibited to own firearms, and because of that he's getting rid of his registered guns (Title II) and is going to only have Title I guns that don't need to be registered.

Someone, OP, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Yo Dawg. I want some AR-15s so Ima' sell my Ar-15s so I can get some money to buy some Ar-15s.

(Unless I'm going to jail).

Full story?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All spikes
View Quote

I've figured it out guys. OP is tired of the spider whacking dicks on his rifles so he's doing whatever he can to get rid of the gay.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP claims he will build himself a standard AR with funds from sale. Is there a temporary prohibited status?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he is just subject to a Protection order, or charged with certain crime than yes, under most state laws he'd be temporarily prohibited while pending adjudication.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah dude.  I'm from Jax, and I know the guys at P.O.

Take my word on this.  You can't just take NFA stuff to a dealer to sell or consign it for you.  That's not how it works.  Until a transfer is completed, you have to retain possession.  Now Predator is a manufacturer, so they could take something in for repair for a short time, but they can't retain it indefinitely.  It doesn't matter if they hold a Class 3 sot, or that they have loads of MGs.

Now I don't know what this is all about, but you may need to consult a firearms attorney locally to sort this out if there are unusual circumstances.  David Goldman is local and might be worth a phone call; he is an NFA guru.

Factory or not, you're not going to get much for Spikes NFA stuff.  It simply will not command the used market value that a factory Colt or Knights might.  

You're in a bit of a pickle here, OP.  I'm not sure you can even just contact the ATF and ask them to remove them from the registry, since they're factory SBRs.  If they were Form 1 builds, I'd say your best course would be to overnight a letter (signature required) to the ATF NFA office requesting they be immediately removed from the registry and their stamps canceled.  And I'd ask for expedited acknowledgement in writing.  Then I'd get on the phone with them the next day and get someone on the phone who is willing to assist and ask them to immediately do it. Once you had acknowledgment in-hand that they had been removed from the registry, you could part them out and sell the lowers to anyone.  

I'm not sure you can do that with factory SBRs.  Someone on here can answer it.  But that would be the quickest way to divest yourselves of them.  Any other way, you have to retain possession of them for the next 7-9 months while they transfer.  Only other option to get them out of your safe would be to destroy the lowers with a saw and send a letter to the ATF that they were so.
View Quote
your close on the situation one's already sold to the owner. Most of you don't understand a non trust form 1 gun. Mine were sign off on by the sheriff.
Read your atf book. Nobody can have the combination to the safe they are in. Yes I can request to the atf back to plain ar's and remove the stocks and make pistols. Or form 4 sell them and use the money to buy other guns I want. Also if you put a 16- 26 barrel on it it's still a SBR to the ATF
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
your close on the situation one's already sold to the owner. Most of you don't understand a non trust form 1 gun. Mine were sign off on by the sheriff.
Read your atf book. Nobody can have the combination to the safe they are in. Yes I can request to the atf back to plain ar's and remove the stocks and make pistols. Or form 4 sell them and use the money to buy other guns I want. Also if you put a 16- 26 barrel on it it's still a SBR to the ATF
View Quote

No matter how many times you repeat bad info it is still bad info
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOLz
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In   
View Quote

Alright
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah dude.  I'm from Jax, and I know the guys at P.O.

Take my word on this.  You can't just take NFA stuff to a dealer to sell or consign it for you.  That's not how it works.  Until a transfer is completed, you have to retain possession.  Now Predator is a manufacturer, so they could take something in for repair for a short time, but they can't retain it indefinitely.  It doesn't matter if they hold a Class 3 sot, or that they have loads of MGs.

Now I don't know what this is all about, but you may need to consult a firearms attorney locally to sort this out if there are unusual circumstances.  David Goldman is local and might be worth a phone call; he is an NFA guru.

Factory or not, you're not going to get much for Spikes NFA stuff.  It simply will not command the used market value that a factory Colt or Knights might.  

You're in a bit of a pickle here, OP.  I'm not sure you can even just contact the ATF and ask them to remove them from the registry, since they're factory SBRs.  If they were Form 1 builds, I'd say your best course would be to overnight a letter (signature required) to the ATF NFA office requesting they be immediately removed from the registry and their stamps canceled.  And I'd ask for expedited acknowledgement in writing.  Then I'd get on the phone with them the next day and get someone on the phone who is willing to assist and ask them to immediately do it. Once you had acknowledgment in-hand that they had been removed from the registry, you could part them out and sell the lowers to anyone.  

I'm not sure you can do that with factory SBRs.  Someone on here can answer it.  But that would be the quickest way to divest yourselves of them.  Any other way, you have to retain possession of them for the next 7-9 months while they transfer.  Only other option to get them out of your safe would be to destroy the lowers with a saw and send a letter to the ATF that they were so.

No. An SBR stands short barrel rifle. The term short means less than a 16" barrel and having a stock.

An SBR'd lower(form 1 or 4) is not an SBR with a 16"+ barrel attached to it. the ATF says this. It would be a title 1 firearm in that state regardless. 

And SBR'd lower is also not an SBR without an upper at all. 

It is only an SBR when a stock and sub 16" barrel is attached.

But you're prohibited, so perhaps pick up beading, or rock tumbling. 
Maybe even face painting at the carnival
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Also if you put a 16- 26 barrel on it it's still a SBR to the ATF
View Quote

Wrong. But you've been told repeatedly yet you still don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

you got it.

Also not drunk or retarded. I did Read the ATFbook  
View Quote

Am I safe to assume the "ATF Book" you're using is written in crayon?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
No matter how many people think I am going
About this the wrong way you don't live in Fl. And I bet your SBR's are in a trust and you have no idea how much more restricted
My non trust SBR's are.
Why would I dismember a  SBR for the lower, upper and BCG? I'm not use anything else on the gun. And I have those parts anyway.

BTW my guns were gone for 11 months while I was under a restraining order and battery charge. We went to trial and I was found not guilty
And the people never showed for the stalking trial so it was thrown out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#25]
That's real retarded, sir.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
About this the wrong way you don't live in Fl. And I bet your SBR's are in a trust and you have no idea how much more restricted
My non trust SBR's are.
Why would I dismember a  SBR for the lower, upper and BCG? I'm not use anything else on the gun. And I have those parts anyway.

BTW my guns were gone for 11 months while I was under a restraining order and battery charge. We went to trial and I was found not guilty
View Quote

The more you post, the more I'm convinced you shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My non trust SBR's are.

View Quote

LOLz
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. An SBR stands short barrel rifle. The term short means less than a 16" barrel and having a stock.

An SBR'd lower(form 1 or 4) is not an SBR with a 16"+ barrel attached to it. the ATF says this. It would be a title 1 firearm in that state regardless. 

Maybe even face paintin..g at the carnival
View Quote

please pick up a ATF book and READ it the receiver is registered SBR even if nothing is attached.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My non trust SBR's are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My non trust SBR's are.

Please, please sell all your guns before you murder your ex-boyfriend. We don't need more headlines from people like you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Please, please sell all your guns before you murder your ex-boyfriend. We don't need more headlines from people like you.
View Quote

Can only Sober people reply.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping only people who aren't prohibited persons can reply, but you keep lying about Title II regulations so it seem we don't always get what we want.

What's having a restraining order against you like?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#33]
lol, why are ya'll even trying to talk him out of it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good point. Honestly this guy's firearms are better off in someone else's hands.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was hoping only people who aren't prohibited persons can reply, but you keep lying about Title II regulations so it seem we don't always get what we want.

View Quote

In my county you don't need proof just claim it and a judge will sign it. Then you spend over $15k for fee's till your proven not guilty. Which took 11 months.
Of course the persons who brought the claims pay nothing and go free.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Stupid should hurt.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#37]
So whats the deal with moving out of state when you own an NFA stuff?

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If OP is from Orange Park, then none of this is surprising at all.
View Quote

He must live up to the "Florida Man" thing, right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#39]

OP comes here and tells us he is prohibited, (because of stalking, battery, restraining order, and probably other such scumbag acts), so he wants to rid himself of his registered NFA stuff.
He then says he will use the NFA stuff to fund building firearms he is prohibited from owning.

I hope none of your local LEO surf this board Opie cuz.... pepper your angus!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

please pick up a ATF book and READ it the receiver is registered SBR even if nothing is attached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe even face paintin..g at the carnival

The ATF says you can attach a 16"+ to a registered SBR lower to cross state lines without ATF approval.

That means you transformed your SBR temporarily to a rifle for as long as you see fit.

The ATF also says you can sell a registered SBR lower (sans barrel) to anyone and you are not required to notify them that it is not longer an SBR post sale.
That means you can sell your registered SBR sans barrel as a title 1 firearm.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In my county you don't need proof just claim it and a judge will sign it. Then you spend over $15k for fee's till your proven not guilty. Which took 11 months.
View Quote

What about those stalker charges? Were you innocent of that, too?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

ATF form 5320.20
Fill it out ahead of time with the new address.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not that anybody here would know but there is a form for that. There is a form to traveling out of state too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious: How old are you?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not that anybody here would know but there is a form for that. There is a form to traveling out of state too.
View Quote

Same form, 5320.20
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same form, 5320.20
View Quote

I knew a guy named Tim McBride that bashed someone's car doors in with a tire iron in a road rage incident. I think about that every time I see your screen name.

But now I'm starting to think that OP is more fitting of that association than you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:04:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow! Guess what? They're the same form. Or maybe it's different down in Florida.

ETA: Dammit, got beat to the punch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What about those stalker charges? Were you innocent of that, too?
View Quote
Yep matter of fact I was.
Lots more coming on that later.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I had a hunch you were in your 60s.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top